Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

We survived Disney with 2 toddlers and you can too! May 2011 TR

We're back! We just got back yesterday and I'm already ready to go back... well, maybe after a few more days of rest in my own bed

Tonight I'll introduce the cast of characters. If you want to read more about our trip you can read my PTR here

First, there's me. My name is Sara. I'm a 26 year old stay at home mom. This was my first trip to Disney in about 15 years and obviously my 1st time planning it. I spent A LOT of time planning and overall the planning paid off!

favorite Disney movie- Little Mermaid
favorite character- all the princesses
favorite attraction- I had so many, but I think I'm going with Philharmagic!

Next is DH, Andrew. He's 27 and works as a retail manager. His last trip to Disney was in 2001 as his high school senior trip.
[/IMG]

favorite Disney movie- Toy Story
favorite character- all the Star Wars characters and Toy Story
favorite attraction- Star Tours

Alexis is almost 3 (she'll be 3 at the end of July). This was her first trip to Disney World and she was SO excited about it.

favorite Disney movie- changes every week, but she's a big fan of Mary Poppins and Tangled
favorite character- all the princesses
favorite attraction- Country Bear Jamboree and a few rides in Fantasyland

Kaitlyn is 20 months. This was also her first trip and she did great! I wasn't sure how much she would enjoy the rides and characters, but I was happy with the what she got out of it

favorite Disney movie- Up... she loves all the balloons!
favorite character- Donald Duck
favorite attraction- probably Small World

Stay tuned for my first installment!

Last edited by sahm2two; 06-06-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I'm here! (And I'm FIRST!)
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I'm second!!!!

Great start!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I'm here too
Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! Your daughters are adorable! Alexis is only about 4 months younger than my son. Can't wait to hear how it was with 2 toddlers!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Joining IN! Your dd's are adorable! I especially love the curls!
We had the same Alice this trip and I think in 09 too!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 06-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #7
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Yay! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
Lidian
DIS Veteran

WOOT! I'm here!!

Alexis needs more stickers!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Last edited by Lidian; 06-07-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

Joining in from team June!!!
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

Old 06-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

everyone!!! I could go through and respond to each person.... or I could start this thing! I think everyone would agree they'd rather just get started!

So, if you read my PTR you know that our trip started with a detour to Panama City for my family's reunion they do every year. We ended up deciding not to stay with my sister in Valdosta, but instead got a hotel room for the night before in Pensacola (cheap on Priceline!) in hopes that we could drive down there and go to the beach for the afternoon.
Friday morning we were all packed up and ready to go-

The girls got new books from my MIL for the trip, Alexis was surprised to find a present in her seat-

I think Kaitlyn liked hers!

We left our house a little after 8am, stopped to fill up on gas and grab some breakfast (very healthy- donuts and a Yoohoo for me, a donut for DH and some donut holes and milks for the girls). About an hour later the girls were already fussy, despite new books to "read", a dvd player that we borrowed and the donut holes, so we stopped to get more snacks out of the back of the car. 45 minutes later Alexis was working on her 2nd bag of gummy snacks when she says she feels sick and is going to throw up.
At first I thought she just had too many gummy treats and her spit was thick (I don't know how to describe it, but that's the best way I can think of!), but then she proved me wrong After we pulled over on the side of the interstate, I changed her clothes (with my handy-dandy outfits packed in ziplock bags!), cleaned off her carseat and we loaded her back up.

We hit Alabama at about 10am and entered central time zone soon after. We stopped for lunch at 12pm our time (eastern) at a Hardee's. DH had a burger, the girls split a hotdog and fries and I had chicken fingers. It was all good, but no pictures yet I did manage to take a few food pictures at Disney, but not as many as I had planned on. Dining at restaurants with 2 toddlers does not lend itself to getting out the camera to take pictures of everything on the table before you dig in. By the time the food got there we were ready to leave, so we inhaled and got the fidgeting kids outta there! Anyway.... as I was saying...
Alexis didn't really eat much at Hardee's, but that's not unusual for her, she hardly eats anything normally. 30 minutes later however she said she was going to throw up again and managed to get it ALL over her carseat and herself. We went through almost an entire thing of baby wipes trying to clean everything up, and since she was wearing her "extra" outfit for the weekend, she was then changed into her pjs for the night.
Finally soon after that both girls fell asleep for their naps and slept till we were almost at our hotel
a couple pictures from the drive-

not feeling so hot-

We stayed at a Travelodge which we booked through Priceline's "name your own price" option. We got a really good rate, especially considering it was Memorial Day Weekend. But when we got there they said the only rooms they had were smoking rooms We didn't have a choice though because the room was nonrefundable, so we unloaded our stuff. Thankfully the smell wasn't too bad and they gave us some spray to spray when we 1st got there.

Since Alexis had thrown up twice on the way down we didn't want to drive any more... and we needed to do a load of laundry to wash the cover of her carseat and her nasty clothes, so we had to hang around the hotel for a while. So, we changed into our swimsuits and headed down to the pool. This was the 1st trip to the pool this year, so neither of the girls really remembered swimming in a pool before. Alexis was cautious as she is about everything. Kaitlyn was a little timid at first, but by the time we left was loving it- jumping in to DH, "swimming" and splashing around.

After we got back to the room I looked through the phone book for a place to go for dinner. DH and I both agreed seafood sounded good since we were close to the beach, so after calling a couple places for prices (we didn't want to spend too much and we didn't want to take the girls to a fancy place), we found one and headed out. We picked well! Dinner was great... I had fried oysters, cheese grits and corn fritters. Andrew had fried catfish, turnip greens and fried okra. The girls had a pb&j and some apple sauce in the room before we left, so they just shared some french fries to keep them occupied

On the way back we stopped at a Walgreens to get some icecream... because we were on vacation!

It took the girls about 30-45 to go to sleep that night. Sharing a hotel room with 2 toddlers is not so fun. Andrew slept in one bed with Kaitlyn and I slept in the other bed with Alexis. Almost 3 year olds do NOT know how to be quiet and whisper!

Stick around... the next installment we might get a glimpse of something Disney related!!

Old 06-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Wow, sorry to hear about the little one being sick - repeatedly. That's not fun at home, let alone, trying to travel! I'm so glad that you didn't let it slow you down and you pushed through!

Did her sickness pass quickly? You didn't mention any other incidents for that day ... so wasn't sure if she was feeling better and recovered ... I'm sure I'm just getting ahead of you. But I am curious if she was just carsick or if she had a bug ... or what.

But I'm sucked in and can't wait to hear more!!

You can't leave your fellow moms hanging.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Wow, sorry to hear about the little one being sick - repeatedly. That's not fun at home, let alone, trying to travel! I'm so glad that you didn't let it slow you down and you pushed through!

Did her sickness pass quickly? You didn't mention any other incidents for that day ... so wasn't sure if she was feeling better and recovered ... I'm sure I'm just getting ahead of you. But I am curious if she was just carsick or if she had a bug ... or what.

But I'm sucked in and can't wait to hear more!!

You can't leave your fellow moms hanging.

Sorry! Didn't mean to leave you hanging like that. I'm not really sure if it was car sickness or just a bug, but she didn't get sick the rest of the trip
We tried not to let her eat in the car if we were going to be in it for an extended time.... and we did have a few scares though when she said she felt sick and I had to take her to the bathroom or we had to pull over. We didn't take any chances after 2 times of throwing up in her carseat!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Ugh, sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well on the drive down. Poor thing.
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 06-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Hey, coming over from your PTR! I'm glad that you guys got back safe and can't wait to hear all of the memories and see the cute outfits that you had for them!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
DizFan101
DIS Veteran

Sign me up for your trip report. :

Your two girls are adorable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: