Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
KatieCollette
Once upon a time...

What restaurants do you regret eating at?

And why?

for us Hollywood and Vine (nuff said)

Also, while I loooove POP's food court, I had the nastiest Mediterranean flatbread thing there. I ended up throwing it out. It was all greek olives and no chicken. Blech.

Last edited by KatieCollette; 10-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.
KatieCollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
magnusvv
Earning My Ears

Coral Reef Restaurant: We were seated in a table furthest away from the aquarium in some ridiculous booth setup where you share a split table with strangers. Everyone was uncomfortable, the food was not good, the restaurant was noisy, and it seemed like it was our servers first night (he was flustered and had trouble getting orders and remembering things like drink refills).

It wasn't all bad, the dessert there was good.
magnusvv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
jamiesmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.
I would agree with this I found the food in Crystal Palace to be just gross. It had that cheesy vegas buffet about it, except its not free. The character there look like they were in a magic marker fight its where the tired Char Costumes come to die an undignified death of smashed food sticky fingers and dirty marker gloves.
Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My opinion matches your opinion. But I did like walking through the park before it opened.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Maxtrexmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We liked the characters here but I have to agree about the food. Worst food I have had at Disney.
Maxtrexmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
zalansky

DIS Veteran

Coral Reef, by far. Don't let the ambience fool you, the food was terrible. With the exception of the lobster bisque, its awesome - but I think its the same bisque they serve all over the world.

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

Oh goodness, this is going to be like watching a train wreck happen, you can't help but watch! What if one of the restaurants I booked ADR's shows up, do I switch? So I will just have to stand by & hope none of the restaurants I have chosen from our upcomning trip shows up.

I think my memory blanks out the bad meals so I have nothing helpful to contribute!

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
csmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
Oh goodness, this is going to be like watching a train wreck happen, you can't help but watch! What if one of the restaurants I booked ADR's shows up, do I switch? So I will just have to stand by & hope none of the restaurants I have chosen from our upcomning trip shows up.
Don't change any reservations! Everyone's taste is different and a bad server can be just someone having an off night.

I will agree with Coral Reef, however. We have eaten there several times and the first couple were great, but the last two were not! Service was horrible. We don't have an objection to the food there or the ambiance.

Also, we didn't care for Yak and Yeti. We ate there just after the TS opened up and did not like the food. Not saying it wasn't prepared correctly, but just didn't care for the taste. The service and ambiance were both terrific though.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Don't change any reservations! Everyone's taste is different and a bad server can be just someone having an off night.

I will agree with Coral Reef, however. We have eaten there several times and the first couple were great, but the last two were not! Service was horrible. We don't have an objection to the food there or the ambiance.

Also, we didn't care for Yak and Yeti. We ate there just after the TS opened up and did not like the food. Not saying it wasn't prepared correctly, but just didn't care for the taste. The service and ambiance were both terrific though.
agree on this....i ate at California Grill once and won't go back- i just thought the price i paid was not equal to the value i received in return- i don't mind paying high prices just as long as i feel i got my money's worth....

there are many who love Cali Grill and that's fine but i agree w/disneychic; find out for yourself....
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I agree with this. Everyone is different. Hubby and I sometimes have differing opinions about restaurants too (in the World or outside of it). It reminds me of the movies....one person loves a movie and another thinks it was horrible.

Me (Melissa), 37 Mark,39 Elizabeth 3 Emily, 11 months
want2bamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I don't regret dining at any of them. Food is something too trivial to have regret over. However, there are restaurants I do not care for that I would never visit again.

For example:
Hollywood and Vine
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
packofprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusvv View Post
Coral Reef Restaurant: We were seated in a table furthest away from the aquarium in some ridiculous booth setup where you share a split table with strangers. Everyone was uncomfortable, the food was not good, the restaurant was noisy, and it seemed like it was our servers first night (he was flustered and had trouble getting orders and remembering things like drink refills).

It wasn't all bad, the dessert there was good.
We had the SAME experience there last week. YUUUUCCCCKKKKKY! We were seated furthest away from the aquarium. Our server was horrible and our steak tasted like it had been boiled or something. I was VERY disappointed.

My Chocolate Wave dessert was REALLY good....... but it didn't make up for everything else!
2008-Indian Creek
2009-Villas at Wilderness Lodge
2011-ASMu Family Suite/Poly
2012-Mother/Daughter trip to POP! Free Dining!
2014-Mother/Daughter trip to POP! Free Dining, again!
packofprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Tusker House, circa 2006. Everything looked gross, still tried a chicken salad and the chicken looked undercooked and was on the slimy side.

Though it didn't make us sick (didn't eat much of it) it still very easily sets off my gag reflex just thinking about it!

I know it's a completely different place now that supposedly has an awesome breakfast, memories and olefactory recall have prevented me from going back. bleeacchhh.

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

We didnt like the food at CRT breakfast so we havent been back in years, but I have a feeling when my DS4 finds out you can eat there, he will want to try it out. It was horrible 5 years ago when we went and my DD5 at the time, who has no allergies, spent the whole time sneezing and watery eyes. Cleared up soon after we left there. No clue what it was from!

I am upset to see so many Chef Mickey's on the list. We have that planned for breakfast in December after not being there for a few years.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: