Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

365 days of healthy choices... Year #3 starts with post 356, comments welcome!

Today the scale read "E".

Ummm, OOOOOOPs! that isn't good! I have been dieting my way to the heaviest I have ever been. Now that my home scale says "E" for error, I know it is time to get things done. I am too heavy for my home scale! I have had so many reasons to get healthy: live for my kids and hubby, health scares, vacations, goals and dreams. I keep putting things off, procrastinating has been a way of life for me. I can't do that anymore. I NEED to do this for me. I am too embarassed to put a number out there to let you know my starting weight. Eventually I'll "come clean", but for now, I am starting this journey and I am going to succeed this time!

goals for this week:

Log all of my food and keep track of calories
Exercise 1/2 hour a day
Keep up to date on journaling
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park

Last edited by PRINCESS VIJA; 09-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

Why is this so hard????

I have such great intentions in the morning. I woke up Wed and Thurs and exercised right away. Today I had to be at work super early, and didn't exercise tonight.

Well, I am desperate to find that "thing" to motivate me to get back to the journey of losing weight. I almost died last August, and still haven't figured it out yet. I weigh more now than I ever have. You would think that being so close to death would have shaken me to get motivated. It scared me alright, but the only way I knew how to deal with the scare is to eat the stress away.

I think what holds me back is that I have over 1/2 my body weight to loose, and I see how LONG this is going to take. In my head I make the excuse that one more day won't really matter. I can have one more "last hurrah" with the foods that I crave. But each day runs into the next and then a week, a month, a year have gone by and I am still miserable.

HELP!!!!!
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

Day 1, 364 to go.

June 5th, 2011

OK, I have been inspired by a few ladies.

I have been reading the Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. She is so funny, and her story is heartwarming and inspiring. She had a lot to loose like me and she did it. It took a long time, but she did it!

I happened to be clicking through the TVguide and came across the movie Julie and Julia. Something she said in there while she was talking on the phone to her mom in the beginning inspired me to focus on 1 year. I don't remember exactly what she said, but it really inspired me to do something every day for a year to help myself get healthy.

and finally a lady right here on WISH inspired me. From her user name she is BernardandMissBianca ( I think I saw her name is Buffy) She posted an inspriational quote yesterday and it really seemed to touch my soul.

you don't have to be great to start,
but you have to start to be great


Between these 3 ladies I really got inspired and saw a vision for myself. 1 year... 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days... OOOPS, actually it is 366 because it is leap year next year! So I get an extra day to get healthy!

I need a start, I know I can be great at weight loss, I just need to actually do it, and prove myself!

So, for today I really wanted to work on breaking my addiction to fast food. So for today we didn't have any fast food meals. THAT is an accomplishment itself.

I also went for a long walk outside up and down hills, and I made the commitment to not snack after dinner.

So far so good for day 1!!!!!

In the afternoon we went out for a walk in the local park, we also went to the batting cages, hit some golf balls and went for one round in the goKarts. I was so scared it wouldn't work for me, but I took a chance and was able to ride.

I'm tired of being scared and not living life to the fullest. I am so excited about this year long journey! As I stepped off for my walk, I thought of the saying that A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step... I am really looking forward to that journey and took that one step today!
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

Day 2

I'm doing pretty good!

Last night I did have some chips before I went to bed, but didn't have a freak out. I just kept the portion smaller and planned to not have the sausage at breakfast.

today I:
skipped chocolate when visiting my managers office
skipped putting butter on my potato at lunch
drank twice as much water at work as I normally do
avoided eating any meal at a fast food place
plan on exercising on my stairmaster and going for a long walk
plan on logging all of my food

I like just focusing on the little accomplishments I am doing each day, helps me to keep positive and focused.
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

day 3

I am still doing good! I'm on a roll

We bought a new scale today. the old one is broken. So it may have been reading error just because it was broken, because it won't work for DH either.
I gave in and bought a dial scale, I do prefer the digital, but I guess this will do. I did feel good today, I worked out and then when we were getting the scale, I felt a bit down. there were 2 little girls in the store, and one was pointing to my tummy. She was doing it very covertly, I just happened to look at the wrong time. It made me very sad. Children are brutally honest, and that was hard for me to see. I had to reinforce to myself to just keep going, and that since I am on day 3, and doing well, this will get better and those things won't happen when I am smaller, it is just hard in the meantime.

Yesterday I did exercise on the stairmaster, and took a very long walk up and down some hills. I didn't get my foods logged, I forgot about it when I went to bed.

Today I didn't have butter on my potato at lunch.
I ate a small bag of chips and even though a big bag was right next to me on the couch, I didn't have ANY!!!! that is a big accomplishment!
I worked out 1/2 hour on my Wii just dance game. LOVE that exercise

So, all in all still doing really well!!!!
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Today the scale read "E".

Ummm, OOOOOOPs! that isn't good! I have been dieting my way to the heaviest I have ever been. Now that my home scale says "E" for error, I know it is time to get things done. I am too heavy for my home scale! I have had so many reasons to get healthy: live for my kids and hubby, health scares, vacations, goals and dreams. I keep putting things off, procrastinating has been a way of life for me. I can't do that anymore. I NEED to do this for me. I am too embarassed to put a number out there to let you know my starting weight. Eventually I'll "come clean", but for now, I am starting this journey and I am going to succeed this time!

goals for this week:

Log all of my food and keep track of calories
Exercise 1/2 hour a day
Keep up to date on journaling
You do not need to put a number out there for any reason at all, unless you WANT to do it!

Your goals for the week are DEFINITELY do-able! Nice way to start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Why is this so hard????

I have such great intentions in the morning. I woke up Wed and Thurs and exercised right away. Today I had to be at work super early, and didn't exercise tonight.

Well, I am desperate to find that "thing" to motivate me to get back to the journey of losing weight. I almost died last August, and still haven't figured it out yet. I weigh more now than I ever have. You would think that being so close to death would have shaken me to get motivated. It scared me alright, but the only way I knew how to deal with the scare is to eat the stress away.

I think what holds me back is that I have over 1/2 my body weight to loose, and I see how LONG this is going to take. In my head I make the excuse that one more day won't really matter. I can have one more "last hurrah" with the foods that I crave. But each day runs into the next and then a week, a month, a year have gone by and I am still miserable.

HELP!!!!!
Small steps..... that is what you need to think about. Set goals in small percentages... 10% at a time, or just 10 pounds at a time. I know you've had some suggestions over on the BL challenge, so I won't go into anymore detail here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
June 5th, 2011

OK, I have been inspired by a few ladies.

I have been reading the Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. She is so funny, and her story is heartwarming and inspiring. She had a lot to loose like me and she did it. It took a long time, but she did it!

I happened to be clicking through the TVguide and came across the movie Julie and Julia. Something she said in there while she was talking on the phone to her mom in the beginning inspired me to focus on 1 year. I don't remember exactly what she said, but it really inspired me to do something every day for a year to help myself get healthy.

and finally a lady right here on WISH inspired me. From her user name she is BernardandMissBianca ( I think I saw her name is Buffy) She posted an inspriational quote yesterday and it really seemed to touch my soul.

you don't have to be great to start,
but you have to start to be great


Between these 3 ladies I really got inspired and saw a vision for myself. 1 year... 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days... OOOPS, actually it is 366 because it is leap year next year! So I get an extra day to get healthy!

I need a start, I know I can be great at weight loss, I just need to actually do it, and prove myself!

So, for today I really wanted to work on breaking my addiction to fast food. So for today we didn't have any fast food meals. THAT is an accomplishment itself.

I also went for a long walk outside up and down hills, and I made the commitment to not snack after dinner.

So far so good for day 1!!!!!

In the afternoon we went out for a walk in the local park, we also went to the batting cages, hit some golf balls and went for one round in the goKarts. I was so scared it wouldn't work for me, but I took a chance and was able to ride.

I'm tired of being scared and not living life to the fullest. I am so excited about this year long journey! As I stepped off for my walk, I thought of the saying that A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step... I am really looking forward to that journey and took that one step today!
You are sounding so much more positive now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
I'm doing pretty good!

Last night I did have some chips before I went to bed, but didn't have a freak out. I just kept the portion smaller and planned to not have the sausage at breakfast.

today I:
skipped chocolate when visiting my managers office
skipped putting butter on my potato at lunch
drank twice as much water at work as I normally do
avoided eating any meal at a fast food place
plan on exercising on my stairmaster and going for a long walk
plan on logging all of my food

I like just focusing on the little accomplishments I am doing each day, helps me to keep positive and focused.
Nice job with skipping the chocolates and butter. Try swapping out a sweet potato for a white potato next time. I think that they are delicious with just a bit of salt.... no butter needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
I am still doing good! I'm on a roll

We bought a new scale today. the old one is broken. So it may have been reading error just because it was broken, because it won't work for DH either.
I gave in and bought a dial scale, I do prefer the digital, but I guess this will do. I did feel good today, I worked out and then when we were getting the scale, I felt a bit down. there were 2 little girls in the store, and one was pointing to my tummy. She was doing it very covertly, I just happened to look at the wrong time. It made me very sad. Children are brutally honest, and that was hard for me to see. I had to reinforce to myself to just keep going, and that since I am on day 3, and doing well, this will get better and those things won't happen when I am smaller, it is just hard in the meantime.

Yesterday I did exercise on the stairmaster, and took a very long walk up and down some hills. I didn't get my foods logged, I forgot about it when I went to bed.
Today I didn't have butter on my potato at lunch.
I ate a small bag of chips and even though a big bag was right next to me on the couch, I didn't have ANY!!!! that is a big accomplishment!
I worked out 1/2 hour on my Wii just dance game. LOVE that exercise

So, all in all still doing really well!!!!
WRITE IT BEFORE YOU BITE IT!! I try to always WRITE the foods in the journal, complete with points, before I eat them. It doesn't always work out, but I do it as often as is possible. When I pack my lunch for work, I journal it before I leave the house in the morning. DO NOT wait until the end of the day and try to rely on your memory!!


I'll try to keep up with your journal, but no promises! How is today going?.......P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

day 4

I am doing so good! I exercised before work, didn't have chips or fast-food. We have really strong thunderstorm coming through and I need to go, just had to pop in because I am so committed to doing this for a year.

pjlla Thanks so much for your words of support! It means a lot to me!
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

day 5

Still rolling!

Last night we had a GREAT thunderstorm. I LOVE thunderstorms! It was one of my favorites because DS and I sat out on the porch watching the thunder and lightning roll in. Very little rain with it, so we could just watch the beautiful show. We talked about stuff going on in his life, and it was really great! Very relaxing and loved sharing that with him.

Today still doing well. Didn't snack after dinner and went for a walk with DH. I have also been drinking my water. I have a goal to drink at least 2 waterbottles at work each shift and I am doing that very well too.

I feel very happy with doing so well. Gearing up for my first weekend, I will have to stay strong.
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

day 6 End of school year tradition

I'm really loving this journal. I like doing it day by day. Just focusing on healthy choices and not "deprivation" seems to be working for me.

Today was interesting... I was working and didn't get my lunch till 4:15 pm! ( we usually eat dinner early, by about 4:30 - 4:45, so this was like skipping lunch and going right to dinner). I was so hungry and tired by the time I ate lunch, but perked up a bit after that. I ended up working almost 2 hours over my shift. by the time I got home it was 7:30 pm. In the past I would have EASILY just driven right over to Mcdonalds and had my dinner then, but I DIDN'T!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself!

We have a tradition in our house. On the first day of school we have fresh baked cookies and milk to talk over the happenings of the first day of school, and on the last day of school we have our own build your own ice cream sundae party. So we made our sundaes, I had lots of fresh strawberries and bananas on mine. I also had the naughty chocolate syrup, and a few pecans. It was sooo good! It ended up being my dinner. It wasn't the healthiest choice, meaning, I should have had something more substantial, but it was far better than having McDonalds and THEN having the sundae.

And then DH and I went for a long walk. Today was a great day!

Oh, and BTW it is my and DH's 27 year dating anniversary! I know it is silly, but we do celebrate it. We were highschool sweethearts, and the tradition just stuck for us to keep celebrating our dating anniversary.
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park

Last edited by PRINCESS VIJA; 06-10-2011 at 09:50 PM.
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

day 7 Breakfast on the Farm. Some good and bad today

I've done this for one week! I feel very proud of myself! I know that I am working toward a lifelong lifestyle change, so don't take this the wrong way, but I have made it for 1 week and I have 51 to go! I haven't been able to make it for 1 full day in a long time, so to go for a week is pretty great.

Today I did have some down moments....

We went to breakfast on the farm, which is a local dairy farm hosts a breakfast and you can tour the farm. Well, as you can imagine it is pretty popular and they pack in the people. They directed us to a spot way down a row between tables. there was little room between the chairs that people were already sitting in. In a couple of spots it was just a couple of inches. I had no idea how I was going to make it down, and unfortunately I was more like a bull in a china shop and forced my way, bumping into people along the way.

the next bad spot was in the milking parlor. There is a spot that we had to squeeze through, and I had to really, really squeeze through it. It is made narrow so the cows don't come through that spot. I have no idea how I made it through there, I sucked it in and just jammed my body through, my back and butt were a little sore after that.

On the good side...

I didn't like the eggs they had, and instead of just eating them, I decided I wasn't eating the calories just because it was on my plate. And I skipped the free samples of ice cream.

AND they had 2 calves that were just born that morning, and I got to witness the first one stand up for the first time. It was truly amazing to see.

Other things... a mix of good and bad

We had Olive Garden for lunch and I didn't eat all of what was on my plate. At the Mall we went to in the past I would have bought something sweet like cinnabon, but I passed on that.

We did have McDonalds for dinner, and I had a smaller sandwhich than what I would have had in the past. I am pleased that I made it 1 week without McDonalds, and know that I can increase the time frame in between. Considering that I was eating there daily, this is a victory.

At night DH and I watched Extreme makeover weight loss edition and it was great to see the transformation, and see what a year of hard work can do. It helped reinforce that I am on the right path. I am really looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish in this year.

DH and I then went for another long walk. Nice way to end the day.
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
J-2
Mouseketeer
 
J-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 97

It sounds like you are off to a great start! Old habits are so hard to break and by making small changes gradually rather than a big change all at once, you are more likely to make that lifestyle change that will stick with you.

Good for you!
J-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

Jan 1st. Day 1 again!!!

I REALLY liked doing my daily journal and decided to resurrect this journal. It is time to get back to being serious about making healthy choices for a healthy living. It is getting to be way past just loosing weight for vanity reasons, but rather loosing weight to improve quality of life... and healthy choices will improve that quality of life. not just healthy choices for my body, but my mind too. I tend to get depressed in Feb & March, and think it is related to less sun, staying in doors. So I am making plans to stop it before it starts!

Healthy choices today:
1. Restart journal and set goals for the coming year
2. Exercise (40 min. on stairmaster, 3 weight machines for legs)
3. No take out food! Ate at home
4. log my food intake on my fitness pal.com
5. chewing gum right now and not snacking!
6. Walked around the block (it is FREEZING outside right now... single digits and I don't really like the cold, so that was far enough for me!)


Goals for the coming year:
1. Walk outside daily (unless ill, horrible weather, or weird circumstances), but I know that it will feel good to be outside
2. Exercise at least 5x a week
3. Log foods daily into my fitness pal
4. journal!
5. Eat at home more, take out less
6. Declutter
7. Have less credit card debt by the end of the year, and more in savings
8. catch up on photos
9. Scrapbook: finish scout scrapbook, Scrapbook the trip with parents to WDW, scrapbook 2012's vacation
10. Read at least 1 book a month

That's enough to start.
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
Friend of a Mouse
Braille: To touch words and have them touch you back
 
Friend of a Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 448

Hi Vija! Your goals sound very similar to mine. I am excited to follow your journal this year and hope it goes well for you!
__________________
FoaM Husband 2 dogs and one Leaderdog in Training 2 cats

Worked for the Mouse: 2004-2007 (Attractions and Entertainment) Polynesian with family: 2004, 2005, 2007 POFQ and Disney Cruise with family: 2006 POFQ Honeymoon: 2010

Book Challenge 2014 /52. Currently reading: Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard
Finished: Night Broken by Patricia Briggs Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard Independent Study by Joelle Charboneau The Customer Rules by Lee Cockerell
Friend of a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of a Mouse View Post
Hi Vija! Your goals sound very similar to mine. I am excited to follow your journal this year and hope it goes well for you!
Hi there! Do you have a journal too? would be fun to follow someone having similar goals! Thanks for coming on this journey with me.
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,356

Day 2, skipped the chocolate & McDonalds!

Early in the morning my manager was filling up the candy jar and it looked yummy... but that's all I did, took one look and kept moving on... And I got out early from work, did not have lunch there. In the past I would EASILY have gone to McDonalds for lunch, not this time! Went home and had lunch at home! I am so proud of myself.

I also...
went to the gym and did 40 min. on the eliptical and did 4 weight machines
took a walk around the block again
logged into my fitness pal
scrapbooked
journaled
read a little while on the eliptical
and since I didn't eat out, was helping the finances...

So of my 10 goals for the year, I worked on 8 of them!
__________________
Special Magical Moments!
Dec. '03 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
June '06 First Family of Tomorrowland ~ first on Buzzlight year and 30 fastpasses received!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.