Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Red face I think I'm going to throw up! Half Marathon 2012! :faint:

OK Here I come - ready or

NOT!

Sandy - still too old and too heavy to be doing this - but tired of my couch potato ways

DH - Loves running Marathons, he needs to run! He will be leading a Blind Runner he met through WISH boards

DD - now 14 - if she goes she wants to run the 5K!

I was Dead Last Finisher in 2010, we had hoped to go back in 2011, but jobs didnt come through. Sad That.

DH for the last month has tried to prod us into going.

DD said NO
I said "NEVER AGAIN"

Then, he just seemed depressed. and I was a couch potato. Maybe we need this to motivate us! So just today we are booked at Boardwalk Villas, and dh is signed up to run GOOFY!

We still have a few tragedies - DS has us watching his big Teddy Bear of a dog -

He is a cuddle bear - walks well on a leash, and hasnt barked yet!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Sandy321

I know in my signature I have reports from the 2 Donald Half Marathons I've done.

in '08 - my first, I did ok! However, the powers that be shut off the timer so when I crossed, according to my watch I finished in 3 hours 30 min - but with no chip timer, I was not official - I had started at the back of the pack in the last corral, so I cant prove that!

in 2010 - I was out of shape, I had to see a chiropractor to get my hip aligned, it was so painful... I wasnt in a good training shape - but I did it - and it was miserable! Sleet, Snow, Rain, cold - miserable - but like the Little Engine that could I was the last runner to cross the finish line! I had quite the convo with the sweepers for at least a mile - that last turn off the main road to the road to Epcot - the last sweep spot was right before the turn into the parking lot - I made it - barely! But since I was in good spirit and could talk to the sweepers on the bike, they let me finish!! WOO HOO!

and I hurt - and I swore to DH "NEVER AGAIN" I cant enjoy the parks, I'm in pain - and its cold!

nope, done. finished!

But here we go again!

WHY?

I have no idea. Maybe because I dont want to be a couch potato. Maybe its because if dh is going to get in shape I dont want to be left behind. Maybe I want the bling - its a milestone for the Donald so its a special medal. No that is SO not it!!

Maybe I'm going to throw up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Sandy321

Must have a training schedule.

Technology - I have an iphone - and I know there is "an ap for that"

On the walk with the dogs today I used the pedometer ap - didnt work!

Dh likes Hal Higdon's program
http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/

Many people are successful beginning with Couch 2 5K program. This has set interval training - where you jog for a bit, walk, jog... increases your stamina, distance, and speed!

and there's an ap for that!! Its $3.99 so I'm googling and reading reviews, not sure its worth it!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Sandy321

Found Runkeeper ap for iphone.

It uses my music I've got on my iphone, it tells me my distance, and my min per mile...

I need a lot of help! At one point I was 27+ min per mile (I walked each dog to the park post and back, and did have to stop and pick up after the dogs! yeah, that its, that'll slow you down!)

In the end I did 1.4 miles, but it took me 32 min and an average of 22min 28 seconds -

Must shave off Seven Minutes!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Sandy, I'm here and subbing. Run, Sandy, RUN!!

More than my couch-potatoe body is even willing to discover, so good for you!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

You can do it! You've done it before!!!

I just completed the C25k program yesterday and I thought the app was worth it, the GPS is extra, but I liked it for when I went outside. It made me keep going even when I didn't want too. I set it to publish to my Facebook account automatically so people would know I was doing it. That made me feel I had to follow through and finish it. I have the Runkeeper free app now too to keep going at my own pace. Now that I can run and don't have to do intervals so much. At least for 5k. I can't imagine a 1/2 marathon, but I suppose with a good walk/run interval it can be done.

I'd love to do a Disney run, have to convince DH though and he's not into it at all even though he could easily run a 1/2 marathon. I don't think he understands why I want to pay all the $$$ to go kill myself at Disney as opposed to just doing it here.

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boardwalk villas, galloway running, half marathon, training

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: