Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

Feeling hot, hot HOT!! 7/11 PTR

About a year ago I was sitting in my friend's living room in Okinawa, Japan watching American Idol with her, her daughters and my DH. I had this grand idea that we should all go on a cruise together in 2011 since we'd be back in the states, and they'd be coming back for their annual summer visit. Secretly I knew that the Dream was debuting and I was all about the new ship! I also knew that my friend didn't like Disney and I was bound and determined to change her mind......so I did!!

So here are the 'original' cast of characters and plans!

Who:

Me: a 31 year old kid who has serious Peter Pan syndrome and teaches for a living. Except now I'm seriously considering a change of scenery..... I've been to WDW 6 times and Tokyo Disney once.
Fave Disney live action: Newsies
Fave Disney animated: Tangled/Sleeping Beauty
Fave Disney character: Person-Rapunzel/Aurora Animal-Tigger/Pascal
Fave Disney cartoon show: Gummi Bears! followed closely by Phineas and Ferb

DH: he puts up with my Disney obsession lol! Although he does enjoy it almost as much as I do.
Fave Character: Grumpy-that says it all

Melissa: The convert (I hope) She's been to WDW once-no planning and ended up hating the crowds. I've tried to make this completely painless....hopefully it works. Luckily she loves Phineas and Ferb too

She's the one on the left

E-beth: the 17 year old who kindly helped me convince her mom it was an amazing idea to go on a Disney cruise and WDW lol

and Mattie: the 8 year old. She is VERY excited about this trip!!! Almost as much as I am

When: July 19-24. I know, not the best time to avoid crowds, but when you're a teacher, there's not much of an option!

Where :well we started out at POP, then upgraded to OKW when the military discounts came out, went to SSR when we added a few more people, then went back to OKW when our numbers went down again......but we're back to OKW!!

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
mmtska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
mmtska

Plan A

When we first started to plan this trip, it was the 5 of us. Doing things the cheap way for WDW and living it up (kind of) on the ship. I love to read, so I was on these boards constantly and bought a bunch of books

I currently own:
the Unofficial Guide
Hidden Mickeys
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for kids
Disney Passporter
Disney Cruise line

There are probably a few others, but those are the basics.

I also have the Lines app for the iPhone, and a subscription to touringplans.com. I discovered Ridemax on our last trip and LOVED it!

Touringplans gives you general idea of how to plan a day at the parks, along with other stuff to do. Ridemax gives you a minute by minute plan which I wasn't to sure about at first, but after doing everything we wanted in the am, then relaxing later I was a convert. Totally recommend it!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
mmtska

Plan B

And then there were 6. Mel asked to bring her DBF who's a Marine and we decided that was a good idea, so we booked SSR in the Tree House Villas. Not only that, but some good friends of ours wanted to come as well. So we're up to 8 people in our group! Sadly, the DBF got order to deploy to Afghanistan, so we're back down to 7.

Pretty sure this is where it ends.....I hope.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
mmtska

and the ADR goes to.....

So this is one thing that a lot of people find to be a pain in the patootie, but I think it's actually pretty fun sometimes We got everything that we wanted at the times we wanted! Guess that's what happens when you're the obsessive planner like I am! So here are the ADRs!

July 20-50s Prime Time Cafe at 5:45. I'm really excited about this one because I think the people in our party will enjoy all the antics that I read about.

July 21-Le Cellier at 11:30. This was a request from our friend Jamie. I wasn't sure if we'd be able to get this, especially with a large group and the fact that dinner is now a 2 credit meal. Buuuuuuut, we did! I've heard good and bad, but whatever. Yum.

July 21-Cape May Cafe at 5:30. This was my 'request' because I love seafood, and I went there this past November and it was delicious!!

July 22-Crystal Palace at 8:05!! Ok this is supposedly the prime time to get to CP. In before the park opens and great photo opportunities. I love the Pooh characters, so this is a double bonus for me

July 22- CRT at 5:30. This was the one and only request from Mel. She wants to take her 8 year old there to celebrate her birthday. She loves princesses so it's perfect!

July 23-WCC at 6:30. This was another request from Jamie and his girlfriend. Once again-really excited for the antics!

So excited for these meals!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
KCSherri
Perpetual Kid Who Always Believes in the Magic

My stepdaughter is in Okinawa right now, with the Army! Small world!

You will be there a bit before we will this summer - and your plans are looking good. We're doing a lot of the same restaurants as you are - and I've never been to Cape May before, so I'm happy to see that you think it's good!
KCSherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
mmtska

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSherri View Post
My stepdaughter is in Okinawa right now, with the Army! Small world!

You will be there a bit before we will this summer - and your plans are looking good. We're doing a lot of the same restaurants as you are - and I've never been to Cape May before, so I'm happy to see that you think it's good!
That's crazy! I was very happy to be on US soil in August lol.

I happened to be in FL for a job interview (that I ended up not getting) and headed to Cape May since I have a friend who is a CM there. It was so good, and they even had a sugar free dessert there that was AMAZING. I'm hoping they still have something like it since I can't have a lot of sugar....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: