Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I need Disney Therapy. Are you coming or not?.... Nov/Dec 11 pre trip report

So starting this because I can't wait any longer....

I just finished my first trip report which included flashbacks to the previous trip it can be found here

We weren't meant to go back to Florida until 2013 when new fantasyland is open but it may be needed sooner.. I'll be back later to tell ye more

Last edited by petals; 04-18-2011 at 04:37 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
petals

Before I start the new pre trip report... It was my birthday last week and it just so happened that in the capital my favourite band were playing so I went along a few times and of course they were excellent as always.
Band is an Irish boyband called Westlife and during their show in one section they all wore t-shirts from Disney:

Another section they were re-creating the photo of the builders on the steel girder at the Rockefellar centre (there was two Irish guys in that pic apparently):

They came out over the audience for that bit and first night I was there they stopped right in front of us! View was very nice
Then I was uploading pics to facebook and spotted a hidden Mickey near the end of the show:

I think they've been following my trip report yeah I wish!
I thought it was surper cool though that they had disney t-shirts and I want them.. Esp the one of Minnie and Mickey together!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
petals

So been throwing this trip idea around for a while. Last year as you will know if you've read my trip report we went in September so got to see some of the parks with the Hallowe'en stuff out and I loved the MNSSHP. So I want to now see the parks at Christmas time. I asked at home and was a flat out No i'm not going back to the same place for a fifth time. So I went ok I'll go myself.
I've had a rough year. I've had a rough 12 years between deaths and various other stuff and I suppose all the stuff I was going through just kept building and building until this year I had a falling out with someone I considered a friend but turned out they had been lying the whole time to me so this has led to a complete melt down as I simply wasn't able for any more.
I have spent much of the past few months crying and wishing something would change. Disney makes me happy so whether someone comes with me or not I am going to Walt Disney World in November as good things happen when I have a disney trip booked.
So far nothing is booked but I have picked dates. I'm waiting to see if someone is coming with me before I book it but eitherway I plan to have it booked in the next two or three weeks.

Last edited by petals; 05-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
petals

For those that have gone in November and December before what is the weather like normally around that time?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
petals

So today it became official. We're going to Walt Disney World in November for TWO weeks. Cast same as last time but no move to NY this time. Just Florida for an entire two weeks.
We're staying off property for the first 12 days (same hotel as last year) and then for the first time ever we're going to stay in a Disney hotel and if you read my first trip report I mentioned a quick stop at a certain hotel bus stop (hint) and I'm getting my wish because we're going to stay in POP Century for two nights before we go home and afaik we're getting Magical Express back to airport although I think then it becomes the unmagical express but I still get to go on the Disney Bus this time.
Have many plans in my head already we're going to go to MVMCP one night and of course I'm still on my mission to find and see things we've never done before because I've learned so much about Disney from these forums so have learned of everything we've been missing
We need to see Epcot properly so that'll get a day to itself. I want to see all the Christmas stuff. Then there's the boardwalk we've never been there so want to visit just to see it. Hoping we might see the water pagent at some stage as well if it's running. Also there's talk of a trip to Discovery Cove again. I did that when I was in Florida in 2005 with the dancers. It was an early 21st birthday present from my mommy so would be nice and lucky to do it a second time.
So so so excited to start planning all of this because the start of this year has been absolutely horrible and need something to pick me up and think Disney definately will
Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #6
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Joining in (Now I need to go back and read your TR)!!!

TWO WEEKS...what an amazing trip that is going to be.

Looks like you had a GREAT birthday and I LOVE the hidden Mickey!!!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
petals

Since I was making a dvd present for my nieces birthday and came across the old pics from various past disney trips I thought I'd share them with you. I've been to a Disney park seven times in total. WDW five times and Paris twice.

In 2002 I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time with the Irish dancing school I was in and we danced in the theatre in what would be Tomorrowland I believe it might have been called Discoveryland in Paris at the time though. We went at the end of January/start of Feburary and it was sunny. (I tell you this for a reason which you'll see on the second Paris trip.)

The first year we went to Paris as well there was only the main Magic Kingdom type park as the studios were only built that year. The castle there is impressive but smaller than WDW (sorry pic is missing top of the castle)

In Paris you can walk around upstairs in the castle and the stained windows as well as walls and ornaments as such tell the story of Sleeping Beauty:

From the video as well I can tell you that there are snoring noises near that particular wall.
This guy lives and growls underneath the castle:

Then our favourite part of the park is Fantasyland. We're not into the big rollercoaster type rides and prefere the likes of Peter Pan, Small World etc. I love the way in Small world they have included an Irish section. This is part of the one in Paris:

More small world:

They have an Alice in Wonderland maze where you could go through Queen of hearts castle and this dude was in the middle:

This is parked in oneside one of the restaurants in Fantasyland as well:

Snow White ride in Paris ends with this scene:

Then this is one of the floats from their daytime parade which I think looks cool:

And then Elliot from Main street Electrical Parade:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
petals

I'm thinking there's only 5 days until I can make ADR's....
We don't normally do ADR's we normally eat at counter service but I'm going to book some to have the reservation and then cancel them closer to the time if I don't manage to talk mommy around to them
Last year I managed to get Sci Fi and O'Hana's character breakfast.. This year I really want Crystal Palace and anything else will be a bonus
Old 05-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Thank you for sharing the pictures, beautiful! I think the castle is what really lets me know I am there! I remember the first time I went to DL...I was so disappointed in my mind has a teenager I always thought the castle was HUGE....no so much. Last year my first trip to WDW, the castle lived up to my dreams! I got to eat dinner at CRT at the prime table...center window over looking FL...amazing. It is a must for me that the first thing my children "experience" in WDW is a view of the castle!

WOW, you are so close to your ADRs! I am jealous! I have until July 3! We usually head to our cabin for 4th of July around the 1st of July...but this year I am staying behind...to pick up ds#1 from camp on July 2nd...and then to make my ADRs before joing up with dh and my other 2 children. Can you believe the things we do for ADRs!

I am hoping for the 8:05 am ADR at CP! Besides wanting a picture of the castle and family without other people in it...I have to try the Pooh Stuffed French Toast and the Breakfast Laszna.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Thank you for sharing the pictures, beautiful! I think the castle is what really lets me know I am there! I remember the first time I went to DL...I was so disappointed in my mind has a teenager I always thought the castle was HUGE....no so much. Last year my first trip to WDW, the castle lived up to my dreams! I got to eat dinner at CRT at the prime table...center window over looking FL...amazing. It is a must for me that the first thing my children "experience" in WDW is a view of the castle!

WOW, you are so close to your ADRs! I am jealous! I have until July 3! We usually head to our cabin for 4th of July around the 1st of July...but this year I am staying behind...to pick up ds#1 from camp on July 2nd...and then to make my ADRs before joing up with dh and my other 2 children. Can you believe the things we do for ADRs!

I am hoping for the 8:05 am ADR at CP! Besides wanting a picture of the castle and family without other people in it...I have to try the Pooh Stuffed French Toast and the Breakfast Laszna.
No problem on the pics.. Thought it'd be nice to share them because I luv seeing other pics as well.

I just really want to have breakfast with Tigger and Eeyore
Old 05-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
petals

In 2003 we went to Paris again. Same time of the year as 2002. In 2002 it was sunny and warm... in 2003 it was SNOWING! We all had to buy coats because we were frozen
This was another dancing trip and this time we danced in a theatre in Fantasyland.
Also this time the Walt Disney Studios were open:

There was a Winter show on:

and then an extra piccie of the Electric Night Parade
Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #12
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Oh my I just LOVE the photos!!! I am going to show Rachel Sleeping Beauty's castle in Paris...she is her favorite and will just SWOON! I can hear her now asking me if we can visit...How forutnate to have had so many trips thus far to see the World and memorilaized in SO many beautiful photos...Thank you for sharing!

Almost time to make ADR's!!!! That makes it seem more real to me!!

I hope these long work days speed by for you (Is this day 5, my time is all mixed up) ...dream of Disney....
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
petals

Silly me.. was trying to cheat a little because the dates of our trip are now open for dining reservations but can't reserve it yet I dunno because we're not on property if the 180 days rule applies to us but 180 days will be Sunday week so will try again then if not don't know when we'll be able to make ADR's

But sharing the Mickey Mail.. I got more today.
It's my Mam's birthday next month so I decided to get us matching t-shirts for the trip like the Big give t-shirts because they're just cool and they started arriving this week... First these arrived:

The pink one is for me although it looks red in that pic it's super bright and super cool.
Then I got two of these today and going to do pick a pearl with Mam in Epcot and give it to her then:

I love it even without the pearl.
Then I made these ones (the black one is for me)

I also got t-shirt transfer paper so might do a few more but we have alot of Disney t-shirts anyways so don't need to many either although I think you can never have to many disney t-shirts
Old 05-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
petals

No disney news.. 187 days left though I believe

Our concert went well last night but I've a cold and bad chesty cough now
The musical I was involved with got three nominations for the musical society awards that are on next month and the first night has a theme of "fairytale" as fancy dress. I wanted to wear my snow white dress from last years MNSSHP but one of the lads in the group is dressing up as snow white (prob best not to question that )
Does anyone have any ideas where I would get a cheap disney fairytale costume online anywhere or if anyone has any adult costumes lying around that you don't want please let me know

Last edited by petals; 05-24-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Sorry about your cold! Hope youa re feeling better!

I love the shirts! I am thinking about trying to make some with my children...it looks pretty easy !
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: