Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Eating Healthy
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Get Fit For Disney!

This group was originally started by some September 2011 travelers, but others are more than welcome.

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}

Last edited by L-Harper; 03-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
pinkle
DIS Veteran

Present!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

I was going to say on the other thread that I don't ever use the word diet. It just has such a negative tone to eat. No one likes dieting. All I'm doing is trying to eat healthier and get more active. Like this morning my boys and I went for an hour and a half walk. For lunch I had a salad with romaine lettuce, onions, small cubed cheese, turkey pastrami and light italian dressing. I also had a few tortilla chips with a bunch of salsa and 1 very small cookie with a giant glass of water.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
BelleBete
Earning My Ears

Count me in!

I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs. by my September trip. I've already lost 15, but these last ten lbs. are proving the toughest!

BelleBete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

I'm keeping my goal small at 15 pounds by August 31st.

A crisp romaine salad actually sounds pretty good right now. I'm trying to enjoy salads more. I'm a vegetarian, but one of the junk food kinds! haha.....

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds overall, but I don't know if I'll be able to lose that much by September. I'd sure hope that I can lose at least 15 by then!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I would like to join you for sure. I am sick right now, so can't work out, but hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and I'll be able to get out (and up!). I'm reading a really good book from the library right now called Superfoods Lifestyle that is educating me on really great foods to choose. What are some of you doing to reach your goals?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
MikellaCinderella
Addicted to Disney Cruises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
I'm here!

I'm keeping my goal small at 15 pounds by August 31st.

A crisp romaine salad actually sounds pretty good right now. I'm trying to enjoy salads more. I'm a vegetarian, but one of the junk food kinds! haha.....
I absolutely love salads....just finished one, in fact However, mine always include TONS of cheese, croutons, dressing, sometimes bacon......
I've gotta learn to not go overboard.

***WE HAVE COMPLETED OUR GRAND SLAM (April 21, 2012)!!! WOO HOO!!*** Upcoming: Re-Imagined Magic 12/04/13*** Disney Dream 04/12, Disney Dream 11/12, Disney Fantasy 04/12, Disney Dream 09/11, Disney Magic 02/09, Disney Magic 02/04, Disney Wonder 09/03, Disney Magic 06/03, Disney Magic 08/02, Big Red Boat (prior to DCL's existance) 05/97...and too many trips to WDW to count!
MikellaCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
knightgrl25
Earning My Ears

Hello All!
I'm going on a Disney cruise in October and I'm gonna try to lose 40 pounds by then! I just started Weight Watchers again and the 30 day shred. Love it.
knightgrl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightgrl25 View Post
Hello All!
I'm going on a Disney cruise in October and I'm gonna try to lose 40 pounds by then! I just started Weight Watchers again and the 30 day shred. Love it.
How are you doing on the shred? I just started doing it again yesterday.

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
making plans... so far looks like it'll be unlike either of our other trips. We're driving, we're not staying at WL, we're trying a moderate instead, we're cutting the Disney part shorter so we can go to the dark side for 2 days/nights!! We're SO excited to check out the Harry Potter areas!!!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
knightgrl25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams

How are you doing on the shred? I just started doing it again yesterday.
I love it! I normally do a level plus 2 circuits of another level just to make it 40 minutes. I switch days between that and the firm. How are you liking it?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightgrl25

I love it! I normally do a level plus 2 circuits of another level just to make it 40 minutes. I switch days between that and the firm. How are you liking it?
I'm doing it the regular way, and doing it every day, including weekends. I missed last night, so I'm doubling up today... Once in the morning and again in the evening. I do 3 lb weights for the first 3 days of a level, then do 5 lb weights for days/workouts 4-7, then do 8 lbs for days 8-10.

I've done it before and am not as sore as last time. Maybe I'm more fit now than last time I did it?

I'm only on day 4, but I feel like my "muffin top" is smaller. Dh says I'm just imagining it. ???

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
making plans... so far looks like it'll be unlike either of our other trips. We're driving, we're not staying at WL, we're trying a moderate instead, we're cutting the Disney part shorter so we can go to the dark side for 2 days/nights!! We're SO excited to check out the Harry Potter areas!!!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
knightgrl25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams

I'm doing it the regular way, and doing it every day, including weekends. I missed last night, so I'm doubling up today... Once in the morning and again in the evening. I do 3 lb weights for the first 3 days of a level, then do 5 lb weights for days/workouts 4-7, then do 8 lbs for days 8-10.

I've done it before and am not as sore as last time. Maybe I'm more fit now than last time I did it?

I'm only on day 4, but I feel like my "muffin top" is smaller. Dh says I'm just imagining it. ???

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I've noticed that too. The very first time I started the shred I couldn't move the next day I was so sore! This time around I'm having to work extra to feel sore.

I'm impressed by your weights! I usually don't use any for her because its so hard. When I do I use 5 pound weights.

The first week you usually lose a lot more weight then you will normally so I'm sure you're not just imagining it!! I love doing the shred, it makes me feel much better!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
irishsymphony
Earning My Ears

I plan to read my way all through this thread when I get home.

Im on final day of Jason Vales 7lbs in 7 days diet, and off to Rome for the weekend but when I get home, I want to avoid falling back into my old eating habits and instead start up healthy.. Im a big fan of bread, potatoes, pasta etc!!
irishsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #15
turkey1031
Mouseketeer

I decided the week of Halloween that I was going to lose 30 lbs by my June trip. Well by New Years I had already lost 20 lbs and 3 pants sizes. I still need to lose at least another 10lbs for me to be satisfied. I guess that means I should start doing some form of exercise. I'm just so lazy and unmotivated. I have learned a couple of cheats to make a healthier version of some of my favorites. Using eggplant instead of noodles for lasagna. Roasting cauliflower florets until golden for a popcorn substitute. I don't even like cauliflower but mash it up with a little garlic and it's a great substitute for mashed potatoes. I also enjoy butternut squash instead of potatoes for stews or shepards pie. I really want to get a spirooli. It can take a zucchini and turn it into spiral noodles so I can have a healthy "spaghetti" and meatballs. It also would make curly fries out of potatoes but I'm avoiding starch.
I do wish I had a house because maybe then I'd have room for a treadmill or elliptical. There's just no room in the apartment. Also not really enough room to do exercise videos properly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: