Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Our happy place & Dream Bday trip 3/29-4/9/11 UPDATE PG 44 - Final Day !!

this is my first ever attempt at a trip report!!! so please join our journey!

my name is Lisa and my daughter Megan will be turning 11 on our first day in WDW!!!

this trip is very special to us, not only is it to celebrate Megan's birthday, it is the first vacation we are taking since my husband Jim's death last year in the Haiti earthquake.

the journey we have walked these past 14 months has been hard and an uphill battle some days, other have been filled with happy memories....this trip is all about making new happy memories for Megan and I!!
Jim's favorite character was Goofy....we called him our GoofyMan and will be bringing along his little stuffed Goofy and even had t-shirts made!

our Disney trips started for me in 1975 with my first trip to DLR with my family....I didn't go again to DLR until 2003 for Megan's 3rd birthday again with my family. we have visited DLR over 30 times since then....we lived in CA for many years!
my first trip to WDW was in Jan 1994 when my DH and I were dating
and this will be my 6th visit....Megan's first WDW was in Jan 2002 and this will be her 5th visit!

We are staying at POP 3/29 - 4/6 and then AKL 4/6 - 4/9!!

here is our schedule:

3/29 check into POP - BBB appt - dinner at CRT and Wishes Dessert Party to celebrate my girl turning 11

3/30 Epcot Day dinner at Les Chef's

3/31 DHS Day - dinner at Brown Derby and Fantasmic

4/1 AK Day - taking the new Wild Africa Trek and dinner at O'hanas

4/2 MK am - Epcot pm dinner at Coral Reef

4/3 DHS am lunch at Sci Fi Dine In and DTD in the afternoon

4/4 Discovery Cove, swimming with the dolphins!!!

4/5 Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli, taking a tour courtesy of a DIS friend and dinner at Whisp Canyon Cafe

4/6 moving to AKL our first stay there and so excited!!! then to AK for the day, lunch at Tusker house and then seeing La Nouba that night!

4/7 hanging out the AKL resort for the day, taking the Wanyama sunset safari and dinner at Jiko , then meeting up with DIS friends to watch Wishes that night!

4/8 MK day - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and Grandview Tea in the afternoon

4/9 our last day breakfast at Chef Mickey's...family tradition on our last day in WDW...not sure which park we might visit for a couple hours before heading back to AKL, Magic Express and then to MCO for our flight home!

As you can see, we have lots planned, but will also enjoy some quiet time, looking forward to trying out new restaurants, the Flower and Garden Festival and meeting some of our DIS friends throughout our trip!

we leave in 14 days!!! going to GA for a couple of days to visit friends and then heading back down to see Mickey!!!

thanks for reading and joining our journey!

Lisa

Last edited by mommy2mrb; 07-06-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Just saw you started a PTR

I am in Your plans seem awesome. :-)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
mommy2mrb

Yay my first follower!!!

thanks for joining the journey!!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Shoot, I missed first! Now to read....
Old 03-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Am joining in and looking forward to reading more!

Your schedule looks great and hope this trip brings you new happy memories
Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

First things FIRST!!!!!

You started a PTR, I am so happy...I did't think you would, that is why I suggested the TR...You know I am thrilled you and Megan are going on this trip, I hope it helps the healing process...you have endured so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
this is my first ever attempt at a trip report!!! so please join our journey!

my name is Lisa and my daughter Megan will be turning 11 on our first day in WDW!!!
Yea for Megan to have an incredible Birthday, your plans look AMAZING!!!!

GREAT PHOTO!!
this trip is very special to us, not only is it to celebrate Megan's birthday, it is the first vacation we are taking since my husband Jim's death last year in the Haiti earthquake.
Still breaks my heart.
the journey we have walked these past 14 months has been hard and an uphill battle some days, other have been filled with happy memories....this trip is all about making new happy memories for Megan and I!!
They will be bittersweet, I know!
Jim's favorite character was Goofy....we called him our GoofyMan and will be bringing along his little stuffed Goofy and even had t-shirts made!

LOVE the t-shirts, as you already know!

our Disney trips started for me in 1975 with my first trip to DLR with my family....I didn't go again to DLR until 2003 for Megan's 3rd birthday again with my family. we have visited DLR over 30 times since then....we lived in CA for many years!
my first trip to WDW was in Jan 1994 when my DH and I were dating
and this will be my 6th visit....Megan's first WDW was in Jan 2002 and this will be her 5th visit!

We are staying at POP 3/29 - 4/6 and then AKL 4/6 - 4/9!!

here is our schedule:

3/29 check into POP - BBB appt - dinner at CRT and Wishes Dessert Party to celebrate my girl turning 11

3/30 Epcot Day dinner at Les Chef's

3/31 DHS Day - dinner at Brown Derby and Fantasmic

4/1 AK Day - taking the new Wild Africa Trek and dinner at O'hanas

4/2 MK am - Epcot pm dinner at Coral Reef

4/3 DHS am lunch at Sci Fi Dine In and DTD in the afternoon

4/4 Discovery Cove, swimming with the dolphins!!!

4/5 Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli, taking a tour courtesy of a DIS friend and dinner at Whisp Canyon Cafe

4/6 moving to AKL our first stay there and so excited!!! then to AK for the day, lunch at Tusker house and then seeing La Nouba that night!

4/7 hanging out the AKL resort for the day, taking the Wanyama sunset safari and dinner at Jiko , then meeting up with DIS friends to watch Wishes that night!

4/8 MK day - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and Grandview Tea in the afternoon

4/9 our last day breakfast at Chef Mickey's...family tradition on our last day in WDW...not sure which park we might visit for a couple hours before heading back to AKL, Magic Express and then to MCO for our flight home!

As you can see, we have lots planned, but will also enjoy some quiet time, looking forward to trying out new restaurants, the Flower and Garden Festival and meeting some of our DIS friends throughout our trip!

we leave in 14 days!!! going to GA for a couple of days to visit friends and then heading back down to see Mickey!!!

thanks for reading and joining our journey!

Lisa
I am so excited for all of the plans, it is fun, full days....The African Trek sounds fun (but too much for us to do), of course BBB and CRT are one of Lisa's dreams and my dream is swimming with the Dolphins (Lisa wanted to do that as well...oh well... something to look forward to someday, right).I am eager to hear how it all goes, SO MUCH FUN!!!!
I am DELIGHTED you started this report!

Last edited by blessedmom4; 03-12-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: QUEEN of the TYPOS!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Mickeyteacher
Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend, Teacher
Blonde Moment!

A PTR... love it. I can not wait to meet up and hang out with you guys!
We arrive in a few short weeks.
S
Old 03-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip girls!! I know your Goofyman will be watching over you!! Make some wonderful new memories, and let your old memories be treasures along the way.

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

I'm in on your PTR! Your plan sounds great and know that you and your daughter will make some wonderful memories together!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #10
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Shoot, I missed first! Now to read....
well you made it on the first page....thanks for all the goofy's...thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Am joining in and looking forward to reading more!

thanks, hope its not to boring along the way

Your schedule looks great and hope this trip brings you new happy memories
thanks, I know its a lot we are doing, but we've never had this many days before at WDW, so taking full advantage of our time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyteacher View Post
A PTR... love it. I can not wait to meet up and hang out with you guys!
We arrive in a few short weeks.
S
us too! we are going to have to much fun hanging out with you all!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Have a wonderful trip girls!! I know your Goofyman will be watching over you!! Make some wonderful new memories, and let your old memories be treasures along the way.
thanks Wendy, we will!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
I'm in on your PTR! Your plan sounds great and know that you and your daughter will make some wonderful memories together!!!!
thanks!! for taking a look!!

more joining in!!! thanks for all the support everyone

Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Subbing!

So glad you are doing a PTR!!!! So does this mean we are going to get a TR too????

I will be back later to catch up!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
mommy2mrb

Day One 3/26 - last countdown and first class adventure

Here we go everyone!
Day one --

photo of our pretty nails

megan marking off her last day on the countdown calendar

the amazing pancake machine in the first class lounge

us waiting in the lounge

enjoying our breakfast on the plane

well day one started off great...got to the airport at 6:30am thanks to the Grandma Taxi....got in the special first class check-in with no problems or delays and at the first class lounge by 7:00!
enjoyed all the yummy food and Megan had fun making her pancakes!
left the lounge at 8:00 to walk to our gate, was to start loading at 8:20 and take off at 8:50....well at 8:20 the flight attendant made an annoucement that they were experiencing a system problem and would update us at 9:00.

at 9:00 they said the same annoucement, so everyone started asking questions...we then found out that at 3:00am the Alaskan Airlines transformer blew and no planes had taken off at all that morning...at no time during check in were we told that....every half hour they kept the same annoucement until finally at 11:30 we started boarding....at 12:30 we were still waiting to take off, they had never loaded the luggage before hand! we took off a few minutes later!

due to the delay our breakfast was a bit over cooked, but still tasty and there was a family traveling with two little girls, the baby fussed most of the trip so that was tough to listen too, felt really bad for her, all she wanted was to be put down!
did get to watch movies for free and enjoyed having the extra leg room and space! and they gave us all a voucher for an additional 1,000 miles for our frequent flyer miles!

we finally landed at MCO at 8:00pm...2 1/2 hours late...got our luggage and headed over to the rental cars....long line, very humid and cranky people, didn't make for a great experience....got our first pixie dust, got upgraded to a bit bigger car!
finally got out of the airport at 9:15! was beyond tired by then, was no way I could drive the 4 hours up to GA to see our friends....drove about 10 miles and found a hotel right before getting on the turnpike! crashed hard and had a decent night sleep!

even though we had a rough start to our trip, we weren't going to let it get us down!

stay tuned for our 5 hours in GA.....

Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

You just have to love airports and their delays.

When I went to visit my family in NY in December, the group next to us was having a fit with one of the customer service people. Apparently one stewardess had called out sick and they had no one to cover their spot so they could not fly the plane with only two stewardess'. Those poor people were being told they had to kill 6 hours in the airport before they could put them on another flight.

What pretty nails you guys had. Shame on me, I didn't even notice them.

I love the picture of the two of you waiting at the airport. You both look so cute.

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
Old 04-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
You just have to love airports and their delays.

When I went to visit my family in NY in December, the group next to us was having a fit with one of the customer service people. Apparently one stewardess had called out sick and they had no one to cover their spot so they could not fly the plane with only two stewardess'. Those poor people were being told they had to kill 6 hours in the airport before they could put them on another flight.

What pretty nails you guys had. Shame on me, I didn't even notice them.

I love the picture of the two of you waiting at the airport. You both look so cute.
ah thanks, its tough taking a photo of yourself
your comment about Megan looking like a young Drew Barrymore is sweet! I do think she's pretty cute, even though I'm her mama

it was kind of funny, no one was complaining, just quiet...it was a bit strange not to hear anyone complaining about it! but I guess people were in vaca mode!

Megan's fingernail polish came off the second day of our trip at the beach playing in the sand wore it all off and since we had on our tennis shoes you wouldn't of seen our toes anyways

Old 04-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #15
jj0plin
DIS Veteran

Yay!! You started too!! I am sorry your arrival in Orlando was delayed too! I can't wait to hear more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: