Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

Soo....I have decided to try this PJ thing. Key word: Try. I have so much fun oohing and ahhing over everyone else's PJ (and trying to find ideas! ) that I'm not sure if I can take time out to actually work on my OWN PJ. But here goes!

First, I have to say that my FH and I are Disney fans. BIG Disney fans. Well, I'm a total head over heels in love with Disney FREAK, but he's down with the mouse too! I really can't find the words to describe the love affair Disney and I share (and I have a degree in Writing!) so, I won't even try.

We love Disney. Simple as that. And we love each other. And so, why not combine my two great loves at my wedding? Isn't that what weddings are for? But, I digress. Back to my PJ. Here comes how we met, got engaged, etc.

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880

Last edited by FlamingoAllie; 05-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and welcome!! I think that many people can understand your wanting to combine your two loves - so you have come to the right place! I can't wait to read more about your big day!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

how we met

Joey and I have known each other pretty much our whole lives. We grew up a half mile from each other, went to the same high school, etc. He graduated a couple of years before me, and he was like a big brother, best friend type. After he graduated, he moved to Florida for college. After I graduated, I went across our home state of NC to college. We lost touch.

Fast forward to summer 2001. My best friend and I decided to spend the summer in Orlando, playing and working and living in the land of Mickey. Lazy afternoon at the pool. I decide to run inside and get a popsicle. While inside, instead of rushing back out into the Florida sunshine, I think it'll be a good idea to check my email. Granted, no one has emailed me in weeks, but hey! you never know. So I get online, and lo! Joey IM's me! After a brief chat (the first one in at least a year), we find out, he's in Daytona Beach, I'm in Orlando, and in a few days, he should drive 2 hours over, and we'll do dinner. As buddies. Because he has a serious girlfriend. And he's like my brother.

So, he shows up with flowers, and tries to hold my hand the whole night. (later he will confess to me, that he told his buddies that night he was "going to see the girl he's going to marry" aww) He went back to Daytona and eventually I went back to NC. We kept in touch, and then one day, walking across campus, I realized I was in love with him. BAM! He moved back to NC, and we've been together ever since.

Now, I just have to tell his side of the orlando story, cause it just seems like fate to me. He walked across campus, in a suit in the middle of July in Florida, to go to a random computer lab for no reason, when he could have jumped in his car and used the computer at home. If he hadn't done just exactly what he did, and if I hadn't checked my email instead of just grabbing the popsicle, we might have missed each other.
There is a fine line between coincidence and fate!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

So cute!!!

P.S. Congrats and welcome to the boards!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

I had every intention of posting our Disney Engagement story...but got so caught up looking at everyone else's PJ, that it is now time for bed! Will update tomorrow after the gym, and will get started on the actual PJ!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Awww... I love this. I can't wait to read more!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

I love your story so much! Congratulations on the engagement and your Disney wedding. DH and I just had ours in December and it was so amazing.

I love your line about Coincedence and Fate. I was just talking about this yesterday. I saw Mat Damon on Ellen yesterday and he said how much fate played into him meeting his wife. He is also in the new movie The Adjustment Bureau which is about fate. I told DH that fate played so much into how we met. So many different factors had to be just how they played out and if even one had varied we would never have met!

I can't wait to read more especially your engagement story.
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
So, he shows up with flowers, and tries to hold my hand the whole night. (later he will confess to me, that he told his buddies that night he was "going to see the girl he's going to marry" aww)

Now, I just have to tell his side of the orlando story, cause it just seems like fate to me. He walked across campus, in a suit in the middle of July in Florida, to go to a random computer lab for no reason, when he could have jumped in his car and used the computer at home. If he hadn't done just exactly what he did, and if I hadn't checked my email instead of just grabbing the popsicle, we might have missed each other.
There is a fine line between coincidence and fate!
AWWWWWWWW

What a cute story!!

Congrats and !!!

Can't wait to read more!! Your Disney love sounds like mine!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Cute story! So glad you found each other. Can't wait to hear about the proposal and your wedding plans....

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

loss...

well, it's been a few days since I posted, so I thought I'd update. My FH's great grandmother passed away on Sunday. She was 97 and a kindred spirit. So sad for me, but glad that she's not suffering anymore. So, it may be a while before I get back to the PJ updates. But I'll be back soon!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss

Hope to hear back from you soon!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #12
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Engagement story tomorrow...promise! Right now, I just need to vent for a second and go to bed. Date has been confirmed, deposit paid, and no wedding planner!! Hurry up!! I'm too excited to wait any longer! ok, with that said, goodnight all.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

A few updates

I was supposed to go to the Jimmy Buffett concert tonight, but due to car trouble, I was unable to make the two and a half hour drive to the show. Apparently, the last time I got my oil changed, they didn't put enough oil back in my car. grr!! So, I had to deal with that, instead of wasting away again in Margaritaville.

So, I'm cooking yummy Jamaican jerk chicken for dinner, drinking Landshark Lager, and wedding planning! Got lots of crafty things at Michaels today. Crystals for hidden mickeys on mine and MOH's shoes and MOH's hair piece. Also got some stuff for shirts for my dad, flower girl, and myself.

Tonight, I'll get pics of everything uploaded and posted. So, although I really miss Jimmy, I had a productive wedding planning day! (And I didn't have to go to work-big bonus!)

More to come later!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Just finished the newsletter for our guests. Most of them have either never been to WDW or it's been a long time since they've been, so there is a lot of basic info about the parks and not so much about the wedding! Which i think is so funny. Sometimes I think I'm more excited about going to Disney than I am about getting married!

It's just that I've been in love with WDW a lot longer than I have with FH! He says he understands and it's ok by him. Thank goodness! Anyway, here's the newsletter. We got inspiration from other DisBrides, so sorry if I stole anything from you! haha. Please excuse the first page. I was attempting to get rid of our last names, but then I realized, I don't really care. But anyway, the cover page looks a little odd because the top half of it is missing.

Tell me what you guys think, and let me know if I missed anything, as far as grammar, mis-information, or tips and tricks. I'd like to get these sent out ASAP. Will be working on getting official invites done tomorrow as well. They will go out first, but NL will be right after. It's nice being an Escape bride and only having 18 total guests. A few are families, so it's nice to only have a few invites to put together. Although, we are using the same template for our wedding announcements. And I have a huge family. That's gonna suck! But I'll deal with them later. ok....I digress. Newsletter time:

Cover/Front Page:

2nd page:

3rd Page:

4th page:

5th page:

6th page:

7th page:

8th page/address&outside cover:

Old 04-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

I was cleaning out the garage today, and I found the Leave a Legacy that we got my nephew on our engagement trip! So excited! He was 4 months old when we went, and now he's six years old! My how the time flies! He has no idea yet that we are going to get married at WDW. He knows that he will be our ring bearer, and is excited, but he will be blown away! We are planning to tell him this Friday. Have him over and have a Disney party and then break the news. I am going to give him the Leave a Legacy certificate for sure, and a few other things to help break the good news. I bought some Mickey cups, plates, and bowls a couple of weeks ago at Target, along with a Mickey Head serving platter. I'm going to break those out for our party food. And I think I'm going to make a little photo montage of all things WDW, and maybe make a letter from Mickey to give to him that says something about Guess who's going to Disney? Beauty and the Beast is his favorite Disney movie (Which makes me SOOO happy, because it's mine too! ) so I might do a "Be Our Guest" kind of thing too. I've got a few days to get it together. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Esp. if someone has found anything cool on the Creative boards for this kind of thing.

Also working on invitations this afternoon. Have to make a quick run to Michael's and the fun can begin. Will be posting pics of Andy's (my nephew) party preparations, invitations, and I also got a lot of welcome bag goodies the other day, so I'll get those up here soon as well. Time to get busy!

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: