Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

Talking June 2011 PTR Disneymoon @ CSR *5/26* pg 2

Welcome to my very first PTR!! Let's get right to it and get to the "intro of characters"....

Ashlee, (me), 23 years old, registered nurse at a skilled nursing/rehabilitation center. I LOVE to plan things, but somehow I'm always unorganized. Been to Disney lots of times throughout my life since I was 3 years old. Love, love, love it. This is me during a mother/daughter trip in 2009 in the Mexican Pavillion, one of my favorite spots in Epcot!

Jon, 25 years old, works in biotechnology; He's a genius, very practical, and like me, a very much real-ist and not very "spirited". He's been to Disney World once with his parents around age 12-13 years old; thats the difference between his family and mine; his family goes camping almost every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day; mine goes to Disney 1-2x/year.

So let me preface this report by saying that it's our HONEYMOON! Yep, we're getting married one June 11, 2011 after almost 7 seven years of dating! AND we're leaving for Disney June 12th! So we (okay, mostly ME, have been planning a wedding and a Disney vaca!!)

Back to the beginning....

Jon and I knew that when we began planning our honeymoon we had always talked about going to Disney World together! So when the time came to get serious and book it, I asked him if he was SURE that's what he wanted to do- and he replied, "Of course! You'll be my little tour guide you've been so many times!". So it was settled- we're going to Disney and I couldn't be happier!! Just last year, from May 5th- May 10th my mom and I took a girls only trip to the world and I wasn't even engaged...now 13 months later, I'm going with what will then be my HUSBAND!

Booking the trip....
I think I started seriously looking at prices for our trip around Oct/Nov; I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to stay at a Deluxe Resort- particularly the Beach Club; I've stayed there once when I was 18 and that experience was AMAZING. Unfortunately, all of the three PIN codes that I've received (yep, 3!!) were all for dates only good through June 4th...BOO! At one point, I asked DF if we could change our wedding date to accommodate our PIN code...he thought I was crazy and since the venue, etc. had already been booked; we agreed that no it really wasn't feesable to change the date (first clue we should've eloped....)

So I started getting quotes...from the Walt Disney World website itself, AAA, and a local travel agent that my family always uses to book trips. Basically AAA gave us a great rate (2774 for June 12th-June 19th, 6 day PH, + Water Parks, + DDP, 7 nights @ CSR) but I still have an e-mail out to our local TA; she gave us a quote higher then AAA, so I replied back that I really wanted to book through her could she beat AAA's price..and SHE DID! So the next day after making sure this is what we really wanted to do ($$ wise), I called our TA at work and left a deposit hoping that new discounts or deals would be released before April when we need to pay in full the rest of the trip.
I was SO excited to be staying at CSR again, my fav. moderate, since I knew we didnt' want a Value Resort and couldn't afford a Deluxe, we also considered Swan or Dolphin since I get a nurse discount- but you can't get the DDP or use ME while staying there, so that was out the door for us.

We also had our TA book us flights. We live on the north shore of Boston but are orignally from northern NH and are getting marred 6/11/11 in northern ME. I took it upon myself (see, planning freak) to check out the southwest website and see what flights were available for 6/12 out of Manchester NH & Logan. We ultimately decided to go with MHT which is where I've always flown out of and where Jon flew once..that's it he's only flown once!! (some people's kids.... )
Since originally Jon wanted to drive to Disney (thank GOODNESS he talked himself out of that!) I like to think of the day at work when I got a text and he informed me he wanted to as one of the best days of my life (dramatic, yes)- YAYAYAYAY!! AND his parents said that wanted to pay for our plane tickets!! YES things were looking up!! We (again, mostly me!) looked into flight times seriously now- It's going to be a 4 1/2 hr drive from the hotel we're staying at our wedding night (also the venue) to the airport. This puts a little damper on things...so we (ok, really, me) decided that we needed a straight through flight, because Jon is very nervous about flying and as long as I get him on the place, coming home is optional, right?? haha, I wish! So I had our TA book use our flight down to leave MHT at 5:35pm which seems late, I know- but think of it this way- we leave Maine at 9am the morning after our wedding (exhausted, I'm sure), drive 4 1/2 hrs, accounting for time for pee breaks, Dunkin Donut stops, plan for time to try and figure out where to park at the airport b/c we've never done that, and be inside the airport for 2:30pm.

Up next...it's that infamous 180 day mark and ADR's need to be made! Stay tuned!

Table of Contents:
ADR's Are Booked!

Planning, Planning & More Planning

Milestones To Remember

My Travel Agent Is Starting To Get To Me...

Last edited by iheartbelle87; 05-26-2011 at 08:30 AM.
iheartbelle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

June 2011 DisneyMoon...PICS ADDED 3/18/11!

ADR's Are Booked!

One of the most exciting part of planning our trip has been our ADR's! DF doesn't have any comments, opinions, or concerns about where we eat- again, it's up to me (and I love it!). So when our 180 day mark approached us I have most Ts options that I wanted written down and ready to be booked. I called that night and got all the ADR's I wanted! 50's Prime Time, Biergarten, San Angel Inn, and Liberty Tree Tavern.
However, as I finally figured out what days had EMH, what time all the parades are, I change some things around and added some. We're now booked for the following (details on what time/day coming soon): Les Chefs de France, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Liberty Tree Tavern, & (drumroll please...) California Grille! I chose Biergarten because I know it's a sure thing for me and pretty sure (95%) that my DF will love it. 50's Prime Time I went to once with my mom and a friend for just dessert but I've heard great things about the restaurant (excited for the fried chicken!), Liberty Tree Tavern I've never tried but DF is a BIG eater so any all you can eat meals will be great, Les Chefs de France I chose for us because it sounds very romantic and my parents said their lunch there was great two years ago, San Angel Inn I ate at when I was 16 and was DELICIOUS! Plus, the environment is very romantic. California Grille I chose for us because it, also, seems romantic (seems to be a trend....?) and because we had two TS credits to use I couldn't decide what to do with.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by iheartbelle87; 03-18-2011 at 04:51 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Disneymoon23
Mouseketeer

I'm subscribing! My fiance and I are also going to Disney World for our honeymoon in September. We have been together for 7 years, too! : We are also staying at the CSR. This will be my first time at a moderate and my husband to be's first time staying on Disney property. I'm glad it is your favorite moderate. That makes me feel good that we chose it. I'm excited to hear more as your plans develop.
Disneymoon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

Yay welcome Disneymoon23! There are a lot of similarities between us! Good luck with your planning...I'll be wandering my way over to your PTR soon!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

We are going at the same time! Happy Planning!!!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

Planning, Planning, Planning...
Of course, all of this is subject to change and not happen at all. But I do have an idea of what we will be doing each day, please feel free to mention things I overlooked, don't seem to know about, etc!

June 12th (Sunday)- Basically, nothing! Ok, maybe not nothing, but really, not much. Our flight lands at 8:30pm in Orlando and we decided to take ME even tho I usually take *********** Transportation when I go with my family- we're on our own now and every dollar counts! We're going to get our bags ourself, we'll just have our carry on, and a rolling suitcase each. We'll probably get something "to go" (for dinner) at the airport in NH for the plane ride even if we aren't hungry then we may be at some point during the flight. We're using garden grocer for the first time so we probably won't even get anything at the Pepper Market that night just snack on what we ordered from GG; however, we still have 1 TS, 1 CC and 1 SC for that "day". I'm hoping we get a room in the Casitas, preferably a water view but we didn't request; either way, chances are we won't be loooking out at the water very much anyway! We're not going to be doing online check-in.

June 13th (Monday)- Besides being exhausted from a previous day of travel we're going to be EXTRA tired from our wedding the night before THAT! So our (ugh..I mean my) plan is put the do not disturb sign on the door and sleep as long as we can- although I must admit, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to sleep in! But not having our to get up for work or get up to let our dog out (who i will miss very very very very very very much during this time; thank goodness he has such great grandparents that took the week off from work to babysit!) I'm hoping to get some real good sleep! I'm guessing I'll be the first awake, in which case I'll probably won't be able to sit still so I'll probably end up waking DF if he sleeps past 10:30am. Then we're just going to eat a quick breakfast from the food we ordered from GG and then head to the pool. Probably just the "quiet pool" because it's just that- QUIET. Probably do lunch at the Pepper Market (I absolutely LOVE it there and I'm sure DF will too) and then mozy around the resort. We have dinner reservations at Les Chefs de France at 6pm that night, so we'll probably head over to Epcot around 3 or 4, look at some attractions at world showcase as we make our way to France! After dinner we'll probably stick around world showcase, catch the Illuminations and slowly make our way back to the resort. Probably go for another swim or hot tub before bed time.

June 14th (Tuesday)- MK has EMH (morning) today but we're probably going to avoid that; Most likely we'll be out of the hotel room by 10am and may end up heading to AK. DF has never been; we'll probably stick around AK until 2 or 3; we need to be at Epcot or reservations at San Angel Inn at 5pm and we're taking Disney transportation. Epcot has EMH until midnight so instead of catching Illuminatios we'll probably do a lot of the attractions in futureworld as well as wander around the world showcase...and lots of shopping too of course!

June 15th (Wednesday)- Since we have water park tickets, I think we may head over to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach today in the morning then off to MK we'll go for dinner at 5pm at Liberty Tree Tavern; neither of us have eaten there, so we're pretty excited!

June 16th (Thursday)- Plan on either finishing up anything at AK we wanted to do, then head over to 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner at 6:25pm (NOT 6:15 or 6:30; 6:25!). If we get to HS early enough we'll see some attractions, shop, etc. until dinner then after we eat wander our way through streets of America then to Fantasmic. Not sure if we're willing to wait an hour for good seats or just take a chance and go to the theater area as the show is due to start and hope to find two seats. We'll see...I know in the past I've gone an hour, 30 minutes before.

June 17th (Friday)- Not sure what parks we'll be doing in the morning, maybe finishing up DHS? All I do know is that we're trying California Grille for the first time and I couldn't be more excited! I'm usually hesitant to try a 2TS credit meal because I feel like we aren't getting a good deal but we had an "extra" Ts since we get one for the day we arrive but won't be using is that day/night. Our reservations are at 9:25pm at CG I made it purposely for that time so that we can see the fireworks at MK! The only concern that I do have is eating so late, but I'm sure we'll survive Then MK is open until...drum roll...2 am with EMH!! Woot Woot! I figure this is going to be perfect for us to re do our fav rides, attractions, etc with some low crowds since most people with small children probably won't be there at that time. We may head over to MK before our reservations, walk or take monorail over to Contemporary then go back to MK; we'll see how we feel.

June 18th (Saturday)- Last full day. BOO!! DHS has EMH (morning) we may or may not take advantage of those; no real plans; only plan is to eat at Biergarten at noon for lunch and I am also VERY excited to do this I've been multiple times and love it here! Can't wait to walk around Epcot again, do Soarin' just one (okay, maybe 4) more time, test track, I love the ride in Norway, maybe a churro, head over to the Boardwalk if we want. Need to remind self to get our boarding passes printing off from Guest Services at some point today- we paid an extra $20 for "Early Bird Check In" through Southwest- never used it before, does anyone know how it works? I know that you dont have to "Race" to get a good "letter" with this...hm, note to self: look

June 19th (Sunday)- Leaving today. Double BOO!! Our flight leaves MCO at 1:30pm so I'm guessing ME will pick us up around 10 or 10:30? Does that sound like a good estimate?? If we play our cards right we'll still have one counter service left so I would like for us to eat breakfast at the Pepper Market "one last time". Probably need to be awake by 8am if we don't pack the night before, be at the Pepper Market for 9; back to the room to grab our bags and then check out. How sad.

Phew, I'm exhausted.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

I HAVE to make an addendum to my latest post! Since we got out tax returns back last week, DF and I decided we would pay our trip in full this week. So when I got home today I called our travel agent to pay the amt in full- she took our info that that was it. When DF got home for some reason I had the urge to check my e-mail..and guess what??

WE GOT A PIN FOR FREE DINING DURING OUR STAY!!!!!!!

I was so excited I couldn't control myself! I immediately call Disney directly since the email said, "for most night 6/3-813/11". All other 3 PIN's I've received were for 40% off deluxe, 35% mod's only through June 14th- we're staying June 12th-June 19th so it didn't make it worth it for us since our TA is charging us the same as if we booked through AAA. The CM I talked to said that were actually no black out dates for that PIN, even tho I kept saying, but it says, "MOST" not "ALL" nights 6/3/11-8/13/11! Unfortunately she couldn't apply it to our stay our TA would have to do it. So I immediately called my TA figuring they'd be close since it was close to 7pm; nope she was there! And she said that she would call Disney and apply it for us! Woot woot! Unfortunately the PIN is for Quick Service Dining Only but the CM said we can upgrade to the Plus Dining for $14/day...so we're not spending $196 total for 2 people, 7 days of plus dining! Woot Woot! Happy March 1st to us!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: