Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Todd & Nicki, a belated Valentine's present...weekend at Disney!

Hi everyone! We are back from our wonderful weekend getaway to WDW! I apologize for lack of live reviews but I promised the husband that I would leave the computer at home so we could kick back and relax and EAT!

Planned this trip with just 3 weeks notice from my DH, that is usually the norm since he constantly changes and rearranges on me all the time, those of you that follow my reviews should know this!

Booked the Dolpin because of the awesome rate and to add to our Starwood Points. Very shocked to see how expensive WDW was even with the skimpy discounts available. Seems that they keep upping the prices and but keeping the discount the same LOL...not really a savings but the Dolphin sure is (But I will admit that while I love the location and the beds I really miss the Disney theming)!

Since we would be in the Epcot/HS location I decided to keep all of our meals there, makes it so much easier. BUT...I had no idea what we were going to do when and how often things would get changed around on me.....lucky enough the dining reservations seemed to be wide open and with all the changes, deletions and additions I made it was not a problem at all.

The good news was I was going to overlap Tina (tinacaplin) and Karin and Tom (dizzneeat) stay so we planned on getting together on Sunday for an early breakfast at Cape May!

So stay tuned...I will try and finish this up in one day. Wonder if I can do it?

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 02-21-2011 at 02:42 PM.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm first!!! And yes, I cheated. Nicki called me to tell me she was posting. That's what best friends/sisters do. I can't wait to read this one! I just wish we had been there with you.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Can't wait! I LOVE your reviews!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Can't wait! Always love your reviews! I make our reservations next Sunday for another 10 days of deluxe dining so I am anxious to see where you ate and what you thought!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
MickeyNicki

Day 1 - Sorta...we hit Epcot at 5:15 that night!

So here we go! First meal, or snack, of the trip!

First things first, got to feed the man as he was grouchy on the way up...what I didnt know was he skipped lunch so we could leave at 2pm. All I know was he called me to say lets leave earlier than 4pm, I have learned not to ask questions and just get going as soon as I get the word from him!

As soon as we pull up to valet I am informed that he is so hungry he is gonna pass out.

I told him that we had ressies for Il Mulino at 8pm...why so late? he says. Well pal, you told me that you were leaving work at 5pm and it takes us 3 hours to get here and Voila, 8 pm it is. Apparently that was way too late and he didnt want to see if they would seat us early (my guess is he wasnt "feeling" Italian although when I booked the reservation it was FINE with him .... but I digress).

His answer to everything? Lets go get something in Epcot. Thankfully he meant just counter service because if he thought I was going to track down a TS in this short notice he is crazier than I thought

After we checked in and left our luggage in the hands of Bell Services we walked out and saw the boat was waiting for us...perfect! Nice empty boat, gorgeous weather..this is looking to be another wonderful trip, as soon as I feed him that is!

Popped into Epcot with no waiting, no crowds at all. They are starting to set up for the Flower and Garden show and lots of the topiaries are on display.

So, were do you want to eat Todd? And please do not make me give you the run down on who has what, you come here often enough to know that yourself! Heads we go left, tails we go right....Heads it is!

We pass England and Canada and stop at Mexico...the aroma of the CS stand there was too good for him to pass up as he stopped short causing me to bump into him....he is like a tracker dog, smells food, stops and bolts for it!

After perusing the menu he looks to me and the conversation goes a little something like this:

TODD: What do I want?

ME: (I say nothing as I am foolish enough to think he is talking to himself)

TODD: Hello? You listening to me? What do I want?

ME: What are you asking me for?

TODD: Because I cannot see the menu!

ME: Told ya you need an eye exam

TODD: This is not a time to be funny...I am starving (well then you shouldnt have married a comedienne!)

You do NOT mess with this man when he is hungry! So I read him the choices and:

TODD: What are you getting?

ME: Nothing, I am not feeling Mexican (LOVE that I can use his phrase right back on him!)

TODD: (Completely oblivious to my smart aleck moment) Well I am going to get the nachos, you can have some if you want (Oh jeez thanks)

So we order nachos and they are ready lickity split. We sit along the water, he starts munching away and says to me, You have to try them, they are excellent. Well I am thinking, how good can they be, they are just nachos??

I am wrong, again. They are soooo good! The chips are hot and crunchy and salty but not too much. Lots of ground beef, salsa, cheese sauce (SAUCE people - not the shredded kind!), black beans and sour cream....they were awesome! We snacked on these until they were gone, the plan was to get some another day but sadly we didnt make it back there...but we def will go in the future!

As be say goodbye to Mexico I notice he is on the prowl again...where to next dear?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I like staying in the Swan & Dolphin, but I do agree that I wouldn't mind a hidden Mickey or two in the carpet or shower curtain . The location is my favorite though! The nachos look great!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
lissawynn
I drink Coke with everything.
Don't know why but I've never been on the carousel!

I have anxiously been waiting for your reviews. I LOVED the nachos at the cs spot in Mexico. I went to WDW preggers with both of our children and had terrible morning sickness. I ate the nachos both times (minus the peppers) and loved them. I am looking forward to getting them again in June.

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews!
1996 - CBR and WL
2002 - WL honeymoon
2003 - CBR & MNSSHP
June 2004 - WL w/my sisters and nephew
July 2005 - Jimmy's first trip to WDW!
July 2006 -Dad's first trip to WDW with his boys!
June 2008 - First family trip & Annabel's first trip!
September 2008 - Girls' Trip!
March 2009 - Girls' Trip with Robin and Judy
July 2009 - Sisters' trip with the kids
June/July 2010 - Family trip #2!
June 2011 Kids,Auntie, Grammy
June 2012 Family Trip
lissawynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
MickeyNicki

As we make our way around the countries we come upon China and I can sense the disturbance in the air...the boy smells egg rolls.

When in WDW there are a few things that DH had to have or it just isnt a trip to WDW...one of them is egg rolls (the others are egg rolls, egg rolls and more egg rolls )

Heaven help the CM that tells him they are out of egg rolls! Luckily they have them!

He loved them! THey are just the pork variety but he doesnt care, he doesnt discriminate on egg rolls!

One thing I love about my husband is even if he knows I do not like something he offers me a bite anyways....and like clockwork I usually turn him down but this time I wonder if he is on to something so I shock him by taking him up on his offer (you can see the stress on his face at the thought of losing one of his egg rolls to his wife!) and try a bite....BLECH! Tasted like rotten cabbage, but then again I do not like egg rolls (except for the ones that MK had in the early 90's, they were hot dog egg rolls and they were amazing!)

As I tell him I need something to get this horrible taste out of my mouth, my mind is on a Peach Snap but my eye spies a Canteloopy!

Holy moly this is fantastic! Why have I not caught on to this before??? Maybe because I cannot stand cantelope? Dont ask me why I ordered it, it had to be the vodka as I love me some vodka! This drink has a very nice light and refreshing melon taste but not a cantelope taste if that makes any sense...you can order the juice without the vodka and God Bless that wonderful CM that had a heavy hand with the vodka!

Now I can get through the night!

Since I have not eaten anything yet I am feeling the loopy in the Canteloopy drink and we decide it is time I had my dinner

Old 02-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

YAY joining in, love your reviews!!

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well, now that I have personally met Todd, I understand what you are talking about with him and his food. I have NEVER seen a man who can eat like Todd can...well, maybe except Mark. But the night we went out for all you can eat crab legs. Oh my!!!!!

You know me...I don't do Mexican, but those nachos look really good. I don't like egg rolls either -- so I'm with you on that one. But that LOOPY drink certainly looks good. I'll have to try one of those when we are there in September.

Can't wait to see where we ended up for dinner.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
MickeyNicki

As we round the bend to Germany, Todd sniffing out more food and me sucking down a vodka melon we come to the heavy scent of caramel...oh no, we are not here are we?

YES WE ARE! Karamel Kuche, oh how we love you!

Since I had a drink in one hand and my other on picking out caramel I didnt take tons of pictures of the items in the case but there are pics in my Nov 2010 thread...nothing has changed there.

They were making hot caramel corn and it didnt matter that I had not eaten yet we were both thinking the same thing...WE NEED IT! You cannot pass up hot caramel corn!

DH ordered a large bag and we munched on that until I decided what to eat...honestly this was the perfect dinner

On the way around the countries DH stopped off to get some wine since he is not a vodka guy..he had some Pinot from Italy. It was a gorgeous night, no crowds, amazing weather!

Once we made it past the good old USA Morocco came into my view and I thought, this is great, I have not eaten there in so long I will grab dinner there.

While I was ordering my chicken shwarma platter DH leans in and says "Get me the meatballs"...well this has me CRACKING UP hysterical because I know they are lamb meatballs and he doesnt, I thought I told him but maybe he forgot or he just liked them so much he doesnt care.

Here are his meatballs and saffron rice...he ate them all and loved every single one...I like them as well and you would never know they are lamb. Very tender, great seasoning and the rice is not mushy at all.

His side order of olive salad...I really like this too but it is very very salty

Here is my chicken shwarma...one bite and I remember why I love it so much and I need to make sure we eat here more often! The chicken is so full of flavor and so tender, the hummus is excellent, love the cous cous, great taboulleh and the bread is the best!

We polished off our plates, finished out the rest of the countries, stayed until fireworks and then headed back to the room to crash....after all we had MK to look forward to and I wanted to be up and out early!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #12
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
When in WDW there are a few things that DH had to have or it just isnt a trip to WDW...one of them is egg rolls (the others are egg rolls, egg rolls and more egg rolls )
I can't believe finally someone else remembers those hot dog egg rolls. I had one on my honeymoon in the 80's and have been making things in egg roll wrappers ever since. They were so good! It's sad they're gone.

The nachos look good but I've never had a nacho as good as the one's at ESPN. They're addictive. First thing I'm getting when we head back.

Thank you for the reviews. Loving the reviews and pictures!
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
So here we go! First meal, or snack, of the trip!

First things first, got to feed the man as he was grouchy on the way up...what I didnt know was he skipped lunch so we could leave at 2pm. All I know was he called me to say lets leave earlier than 4pm, I have learned not to ask questions and just get going as soon as I get the word from him!

As soon as we pull up to valet I am informed that he is so hungry he is gonna pass out.

I told him that we had ressies for Il Mulino at 8pm...why so late? he says. Well pal, you told me that you were leaving work at 5pm and it takes us 3 hours to get here and Voila, 8 pm it is. Apparently that was way too late and he didnt want to see if they would seat us early (my guess is he wasnt "feeling" Italian although when I booked the reservation it was FINE with him .... but I digress).

His answer to everything? Lets go get something in Epcot. Thankfully he meant just counter service because if he thought I was going to track down a TS in this short notice he is crazier than I thought

After we checked in and left our luggage in the hands of Bell Services we walked out and saw the boat was waiting for us...perfect! Nice empty boat, gorgeous weather..this is looking to be another wonderful trip, as soon as I feed him that is!

Popped into Epcot with no waiting, no crowds at all. They are starting to set up for the Flower and Garden show and lots of the topiaries are on display.

So, were do you want to eat Todd? And please do not make me give you the run down on who has what, you come here often enough to know that yourself! Heads we go left, tails we go right....Heads it is!

We pass England and Canada and stop at Mexico...the aroma of the CS stand there was too good for him to pass up as he stopped short causing me to bump into him....he is like a tracker dog, smells food, stops and bolts for it!

After perusing the menu he looks to me and the conversation goes a little something like this:

TODD: What do I want?

ME: (I say nothing as I am foolish enough to think he is talking to himself)

TODD: Hello? You listening to me? What do I want?

ME: What are you asking me for?

TODD: Because I cannot see the menu!

ME: Told ya you need an eye exam

TODD: This is not a time to be funny...I am starving (well then you shouldnt have married a comedienne!)

You do NOT mess with this man when he is hungry! So I read him the choices and:

TODD: What are you getting?

ME: Nothing, I am not feeling Mexican (LOVE that I can use his phrase right back on him!)

TODD: (Completely oblivious to my smart aleck moment) Well I am going to get the nachos, you can have some if you want (Oh jeez thanks)

So we order nachos and they are ready lickity split. We sit along the water, he starts munching away and says to me, You have to try them, they are excellent. Well I am thinking, how good can they be, they are just nachos??

I am wrong, again. They are soooo good! The chips are hot and crunchy and salty but not too much. Lots of ground beef, salsa, cheese sauce (SAUCE people - not the shredded kind!), black beans and sour cream....they were awesome! We snacked on these until they were gone, the plan was to get some another day but sadly we didnt make it back there...but we def will go in the future!

As be say goodbye to Mexico I notice he is on the prowl again...where to next dear?
I love you're reviews. Can't wait to hear more.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Subbing and did I makepage 1!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #15
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

Yea! So excited to join in. My year was so empty with only 1 MickeyNicki review!

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: