Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Hola¡ March 13th Fiesta at Sea on the Wonder! Updated through Day 9

Informe de trayecto!

Also know as Trip Report!

Yes, time for another one, as three weeks from tonight I'll almost be on the Wonder!

Plan:
March 11: Arrive in Cali
March 11 Eve: Disneyland, World of Color at 10:15
March 12: Disneyland
March 13-20 Fiesta time!

I have to admit, I am quite excited to be back "home" on the Wonder. Although I love the Dream, the Wonder (and the Magic) will always hold a special place in my heart. The Wonder was the first ship I was on, and I am so comfortable on her that a week onboard is dreamy.

Cast:

Dicecatt: 30ish mom of 4, I have a travel agency, and I enjoy watercolors and walks on the beach...okay, scratch the last two. I have no hobbies, since I am a mom of 4 and I have a travel agency...although I am forced to watch a lot of cheerleading so does that count?

DD16: She has gotten more fun. Her last nickname was Sunshine, and wasn't because she is sunny...however, she is really fun now and is not a moody teen most of the time. She is sort of a snotty high school cheerleader, but adores Disney cruises, and gave up a chance to go to Hawaii with her choir to go on this cruise.

DD12: A.K.A. Drama...she is a cheer queen, and has unlimited nonstop energy. She is tiny, wears a size 8 little girl, and is a crazy tumbler. She makes dozens of best friends on cruises.

DS12: A.K.A. Goofy (although he is nearing teens and we might rename him Dopey). Much more laid back than his twin, he loves being able to get food whenever he wants, and his wish for the Christening was "to be the first person to ever buy a snack at the snackbar by the theater." Epic fail on that one.

DD5: A.K.A. Spoiled...she is everyone's baby, and is outgrowing baby fat. She grew like 3 sizes in 6 months and stayed short, so she is rather roli poli and squeezable. She still walks with a baby walk (sort of stomps) and I'm savoring her young years and she is definitely my last.

Other key players: DH, who is staying home...my friend Kim and her sister Angie, and their kids...DD12's friend's family whom she is staying with onboard...and several sets of my clients. Plus, the greatest meet thread disboard people ever...I think it is my favorite meet thread so far!

I will be saving some space in the posts that follow, for a nicer read

Sail Date:
March 13 to March 20
Ship:
Disney Wonder

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California - 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea - -
3 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 11:15 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:45 a.m. 7:00 p.m.
5 At Sea - -
6 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 7:15 a.m. 1:30 p.m.
7 At Sea - -
8 Los Angeles, California 9:30 a.m. -

Last edited by Dicecatt; 03-30-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Plans

Pre Trip plans

Friday, March 11: Arriving by plane at 4 PM (with a layover of a couple of hours that should be super fun by myself with the four kids). Heading to Anaheim where we will meet a friend and her girls for some Disneyland fun! I haven't been to Disneyland since my twins were 3 and DD16 was 7...so we are really looking forward to this, despite the anticipated spring break crowds. We are staying somewhere cheap and clean in Anahaim...walking distance!

I ordered the World of Color picnic meals, and we are going to watch the 10:15 PM show. My kids are like energizer bunnies so they'll be good to go until midnight when the park closes, and then they'll wake me up for park opening on Saturday!

Saturday, March 12: Disneyland! With a 2 PM Dis meet at Pirates.

I'm nervous about the crowds, I hate hate them...clausterphobic-like hate. We'll just head to California Adventure when Disneyland gets too bad!

Sunday March 13: Embarkation! I might go extra early, I'm debating trying to upgrade, there are some cat 4s available and I'd really like a verandah. Haven't made up my mind...and I might not until that weekend . I'm torn because I have a Cat 10 and my friend and her kids have a GTY 9, she was assigned right across from me which is really convenient, and her sister is 3 decks up but right at our elevator. Whatever the case, I'll be there semi early anyway...my plan is to get Tea party tickets for our group, so I'll need an early boarding pass!

We also plan on registering the girls for the talent show. Our meet thread has 18 cheerleaders doing a routine (that my daughter and her friend have not yet come up with) and our theme is Peace, Love, Mickey...everyone is making tshirts and one nice woman is making them bows!

I also have to get my DD12 a dummy key for my room since she is staying with her friend.

Parrot Cay for lunch is the plan, and then early in the day I will deliver my FE gifts because it is usable right away and all week. I also made them for my clients so I'll be happy delivery girl that afternoon...

Kim and Angie don't land until 11:30, so they won't be meeting me for a while. Disboard meet at 3 PM at Promenade lounge. At that point, my planning lessons and I start to relax!

Oh, I forgot, I'll get the wristband for DD5 during open house of Oceaneer's Club, I never do it at port unless there is no line.

My other plans, sort of in order but not really...

Tentatively High Tea, Dinner AND Brunch at Palo. Kim and Angie and I are meeting tomorrow night to finalize, we might drop one or two of them, but I'm definitely doing High Tea even if it is by myself, I've always wanted to do it.

Picture of all four kids together and gorgeous on formal night to gift to my long suffering and abandoned husband.

Whale Watching in Puerto Vallarta...I'm waiting to hear from my supplier about this one because we are scheduled for 8 AM which is Puerto Vallarta time, and since it will be 9:40 local time when we port, that doesn't seem to work! There is a 1 PM too so I think they'll move us...I have four of us plus 8 clients on it so I hope it works out. It is on a small boat with marine biologists and they get pretty close to the whales! Kim, Angie, their kids and my DD16 are doing a snorkeling beach excursion.

Cabo #1: Tentatively, I've got us on the Boat tour and scenic stop through DCL. I really want to see seal island, and I want something that DD 5 can do with us...so this seems like a decent choice, but we are going to hash that one out tomorrow when we meet.

Cabo #2: Angie, her son, the two 16 year olds are ziplining. I was going to take twins but I don't want to leave DD5 onboard for that long, plus it is expensive...So instead, we are leaving DD5 with Kim in the morning and doing the Pacific Horseback ride with DCL. We were going to horseback ride in Mazatlan (for cheaper, including a beach day) but this is the next best thing...kids are excited. Not sure what Kim and little kids are doing since one is allergic to horses .

Other things I'd really like to do: Martini tasting, 70's dance show, sit and work on the cross stitch I've been sewing for over two years, re read the Sookie Stackhouse novels (I have the books but I am addicted to my Nook and am considering loading it up with them anyway, despite the fact that means I would have bought them twice) or other trashy vampire like novels, and hopefully make it to the sushi buffet that was featured in Stinkerbell's trip report (looked yummy). I'm also going to be available for my onboard clients in case they want me to help them rebook, and I want to take DD5 to at least one dance party (I think on a navigator I saw a High School Musical party). I am super excited about all these sea days, and I don't really mind too much that Cabo days are short...I LOVE being on the ship! Last time we were on a long cruise it was the port intense Med cruise, and for 11 days we had three sea days and needed them to recover from the port days!

Sunday, March 20: Debarkation. Like Stinkerbell (okay, I really liked your trip report) we will hang out and wait until the crowds go down, although no debarkation could be as bad as what I saw at the Maiden Dream debarkation. Then, somehow (don't have transport yet) we will make our way to our cheap, clean, extremely convenient to the sights hotel in L.A. My plan for L.A. in no particular order is to see some sidewalk stars, take pictures with the kids and the Hollywood sign in the background, Madame Tussaud's wax museum, Kodak Theater and Grauman's Chinese Theater.

Monday, March 21: We leave at 4 PM, so today will be more of what I mentioned yesterday. I was super tempted by a tour I saw that toured significant things in the lives of people like Marilyn Monroe and Sharon Tate (yes, I know...don't say it, but remember, I like vampire books) but I'm thinking that tour might traumatize my 5 year old (maybe not, but the possibility is there..."Mommy, why are we standing in a cemetary?") Kids are skipping school that day but I saved over $500 over leaving on Sunday, and it is money much more fun spent in LA than on American Airlines.

Last edited by Dicecatt; 02-19-2011 at 10:00 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

March 11th Arrival and Disneyland

We had a layover in Chicago...and right about then, my son decided it was time to revert to his three year old behavior. Let me explain what I mean by that...from crawling to three, my son was somewhat nightmarish...his main purpose in life was to take things apart and destroy. At age three, he became the easy twin, and my sweet little girl turned into my challenge in life. He rediscovered his three year old behavior this trip...and he is 12...he decided he was going to drive Mom crazy by talking incessently, passive aggressively making his sisters nutty (and that realy doesn't take much) and just generally being a 12 year old boy. The funniest moment of the day was when we said "hurry" to cross the street at the light, and he starts yelling "taxi" and running after one. Anyhoo...

We arrived at SNA right on time, and my awesome friend (Brooklyn on the DIS) braved traffic to pick us up. We stopped by the hotel which she had checked into already, and stashed our luggage, then headed out to grab a bite. I forgot our Disneyland tickets and realized it about halfway there, because I am brilliant that way, and ran back to the hotel to get them. Okay, I did not really run, because that would scare everyone watching...but I walked briskly. DD16 went with Brooklyn to get pizza and we met them and ate. Then we had the fun taxi moment mentioned above as we walked towards the parks.

We headed to California Adventure, which I had never been to. We hadn't been to Disneyland since the twins were 3, and they are now 12...so everyone was very excited. We stopped by and got Brooklyn's kids who were hanging out with some CM friends of hers, and we were off! Brooklyn awesomely had some fast passes for us, and we headed to California Screamin'. It was funny that when we were waiting, we spotted the 12 year old friend that Ashley would be rooming with on the cruise, such a "small world". The older kids loved the ride...DD5 did NOT. She loved Space Mountain and Expedition Everest, so I figured it would be okay...not so much.

The kids rode Toy Story, and we all rode Soarin', which is just as awesome in California as it is in Florida. I was going to watch World of Color at 10:15, and even bought the picnic meals ahead of time, but decided when I saw the monster line that I was not that into dancing water. Instead, some of the kids rode something I forget now and we took the two little girls on the smaller Bug's Life rides, where there were no waits. We also walked through Electronica, and rode Monster's Inc. The plan was to actually hang out at Electronica the next night.

My friends left for bed, and we headed to Disneyland. It was around 11, so we thought there was a chance of riding something...nope. Lines were bad. We did walk through the castle walk through ride attraction thingy...and also did Haunted Mansion where there was no lines, but everything else was packed. I am somewhat intolerant of crowds, but I knew it was Spring Break going in. We left after walking around and ate our picnic dinners in the hotel room at midnight!

Reflecting on the day, the kids commented that people seemed more pushy than at WDW...and more inclined to walk wherever they wanted, and just generally had less manners. I think that was true...maybe because there are more locals...it was still fun, but that would continue throughout the two days we spent in the parks. The high crowd level could have also caused that, my kids are used to lower crowd times.

Last edited by Dicecatt; 03-23-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

March 12th Disneyland

Saturday, March 12th, Disneyland

We had plans to be at opening at 8 AM. When we woke up, I had a text from my friend in the adjoining room…her little girl had gotten very sick and they had to leave at 4 AM and drive back home. The kids were very sad, and we were very worried about the poor girl!

We had slept as long as possible, and hurried to the park.

DD5, barely awake but cute:

Love this:

A set of my clients were there and had been there for early entry…we ended up seeing them while we were in line in Fantasyland!

We headed to Fantasyland right away, and were there for the rope drop for people without early entry. Right away the kids commented that the Castle looked miniature.

First up, the Matterhorn Bobsleds, where we had a few minutes to wait. I thought that was a bad sign, but the next several rides were walk ons.

We rode on Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinnochio, Storybook Land Canals, Teacups, and it’s a small world.

We got fast passes for Indiana Jones and then left…it was getting quite packed, and the kids were starving. On the walk I called and got us reservations at 4 PM at Blue Bayou. We headed to IHOP and had the most expensive IHOP breakfast ever…it was almost $60 for the 5 of us! But it hit the spot, we were all ravenous! I took DS12 and DD5 back to the hotel, and DD16 and DD12 went back to the parks. DS12 was driving me crazy…his passive aggressive behavior was extremely irritating and I called in the big guns…my husband. I made DS12 talk to him about his behavior as we walked…it sort of got better. We took a short nap, and the girls had fun riding things and getting fast passes. They stood in lines I never would…like 40 minutes for Tower of Terror…would never happen in my lifetime.

There was supposed to be a DIS meet at 2 PM at Pirates, but Pirates had a truly hideous line…in my opinion, Disneyland does not handle crowds as well as Magic Kingdom. Lines snaked everywhere. We skipped the meet because I couldn’t even see the entrance…

We ate at Blue Bayou, and opted not to wait an additional 45 minutes for a table by the water. The atmosphere is very cool there, and the Monte Cristo was as good as rumored. It was pricey, but I knew it would be going in…$25 for a Monte Cristo!

We met up with them at the parks and had a great time riding things with short waits or with fast passes…I LOVE in Disneyland and California Adventure that the fast passes aren’t tied together. First we tried Indiana Jones, but it was closed temporarily, so we grabbed fast passes for Space Mountain and headed to California Adventure. We got fast passes for Soarin then. We rode the Grizzly water ride.

Occasionally the kids like each other:

Attempted to get fast passes for Toy Story Mania…um…there aren’t any…at all ever, no fast passes. Line was over 75 minutes, SKIP! And I was ashamed of myself that I didn’t know there were no fast passes. Fast passes in California are much less efficient than in Florida…the lines aren’t as efficient, and not nearly enough rides have them…NONE in Fantasyland!

The older kids rode California Screamin’ again, and we rode Soarin and Monsters Inc. We hung out at Electronica for a while, twins played in the arcade and we watched the dancers, and then the fireworks. We had a minor breakdown when DD12 had to put her seatbelt in the loop because she is so small and the other two laughed and she cried…sigh.

After fireworks we went to Disneyland, and rode Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, and then Autopia. Indiana Jones was really fun, we enjoyed that ride quite a bit. Space was different, but cool…I like the side by side seating.

Autopia was also interesting. Everyone was supposedly tall enough to drive except DD5, so we each got our own cars. DD12 was first, then me with DD5, then DD16, and then DD12. DS12 kept slamming on his breaks and generally driving like a crazy person, and so did DD12…so I thought. I thought she was just messing around like her brother. I yelled at her to knock it off a couple of times. Turned out she could barely reach the pedals and couldn’t steer right…so she cried again, and I felt bad for yelling at her. Sigh again. There are benefits to being a size 6/8 when you are 12, such as extreme talent for flying on a high level cheer team…but occasionally she decides she doesn’t like it.

We headed back to the hotel and the kids collapsed while I organized and packed, and worked…

It was a really fun day. It was extremely crowded...and crowds around Rivers of America are extremely hard to navigate. New Orleans Square is also confusing...you can go down one alley and end up exactly where you started! Disneyland is charming though, and we are very glad we went!

Last edited by Dicecatt; 03-24-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

March 13th Embarkation

Sunday, March 13th, Embarkation

I used A1 Transportation and we were picked up and out of the hotel by 8:15 AM. I really like this company; I found them online and have developed a supplier relationship with them, and used them several times over the course of this trip. Affordable and friendly, I’m glad to have a contact for transportation in that area! Eric was my driver and was very friendly.

The girls were ready for the day, with bows that my awesome friend and business partner made:

We arrived at port at 8:45, and were third in line to check in.

We chatted a bit with the friendly people in line, and were allowed in around 9:00 or so. We then headed up and received the health questionnaire forms, and sat around for a bit. I asked a couple of CMS about possible upgrades but no one knew…I was thinking of trying to get a verandah, although it would have had to be pretty cheap since I had a really good location across from my friend. DD16 sat in the entrance to enter the line since they weren’t letting people in yet…she was “saving” our spot and the two families ahead of us…it has been my experience that if you are there first and sit, the people that come up after you then get in line first. I had several things to take care of onboard so I was trying to be proactive, otherwise I would have slept in!

They allowed us in the line around 9:30 or so…DD16 stepped aside for the other two families, and we proceeded. As I passed, the supervisor’s desk had a “Mickey says the ship is full” no upgrades sign, so that answered that. Just more money to spend onboard.

Check in was a bit confusing…the CM was new and had another CM check over her work, but that was no problem…not like we were in a hurry. I had for the 5 of us three different rooms to check people into so that stumped her…she checked in DD16 and then sent her to get a boarding card (I wanted a 3). By the time we had all five of us checked in and proceeded to get boarding cards, we were still on 3, so no problem.

We chatted with the other two families as the port filled up. I sat facing the bathrooms and saw my clients and friends as they came on, so that was fun, and I introduced them all to each other! It was like a party.

One thing I noticed was the computers for wristbands for kid clubs took a very long time to get set up, and by the time we boarded there was an extremely long line. I always get mine once onboard anyway, but I felt sorry for those standing in line…usually people don’t realize they can get them onboard, or maybe they just want to get it out of the way. Boarding #3 was called and we were boarding right before noon.

We headed right for guest services. I had to set up my credit card for DD12 who was in another room, and get a dummy key for her for my room. I asked about putting gratuities on the account just to get it out of the way, but that couldn’t be done until Wednesday…and I tried to put my gift cards onto my account but they couldn’t do that either until later. I did get tea party tickets for 9 of us (there were 12 of us total but the boys weren’t going). They had two choices for tea…we chose Thursday. We then headed to Parrot Cay.

The food was good…I enjoy the shrimp the most, and I had my first cocktail (appletini). DD5 had a kiddie cocktail with many, many cherries:

We sat with the family that DD12 was rooming with (their daughter is her 12 year old friend) and a couple of us went to Wavebands to fix a couple of things…they had two cabins and they were seated at two different tables; I wanted to add a third person to high tea (failure, they said it was full…I counted 6 tables at tea so I’m thinking they could have had a third at mine)…and I cancelled one of my brunches and gave another to a fellow DISer (and she gave me a cute little bag of candy later on in the cruise as thanks!). I left my Palo dinner on semi formal night, although I was to change that later at the insistence of my servers. I hadn’t requested a specific dining seating, mainly because Disney kept changing around when each night was, and I was extremely happy with what we did get. We were at table one, with PTTAPTA. Tritons on Formal Night and Semi Formal, Parrot Cay on Pirate night. Perfect!

I was keeping in contact with my friends Kim and Angie (the other two adults in our party of twelve) and they had landed. They didn’t end up boarding until around 2. We headed to our room when it was ready and I got out the whiteboards I had made for my clients (and the yellow FE list, although I didn’t give those out right away). We delivered the whiteboards to my clients' doors, and then headed to the DIS meet in the Promenade lounge at 3, where we chatted for a few minutes and worked out meeting at noon on the first sea day to practice for the talent show.

It had been since my first cruise that I had a Category 10, and I forgot how spacious it is with the seat and double trunk:

We did have our steward split the beds, that is one request I forgot to add on in advance, I think I trained myself because of the Dream not having that feature.

We met up with our friends who had completed their lunch, and went to our rooms and the muster drill. We explored the ship a little, and took some photos of the Vibe (first time I had seen it on the Wonder or Magic).

The boys were very excited about basketball, and spent a lot of time there during the cruise. They always came back with stories of older kids or even men taking the ball from the younger kids…lots of aggression on that court apparently! I was thrilled about the Edge as were my tweens, but as the week went on they didn’t spend as much time there…they said all people wanted to do was play Mario Kart…whatever. I think Disney did a good job with the Edge in that space.

We had a drink in Diversions and I showed them around a little…we just hung out until it was time for dinner. We had second seating, and met our fantastic servers, Jose and Iracema. They were to be wonderful all cruise, I consider them right up there with my favorite, Grisell. Jose was on his first contract, but had worked with other cruise lines, and Iracema was on her second contract. Our head server was Thomas and was very good…he talked to us each night, made room for my daughter and her friend one night and the morning of the character breakfast, and arranged for one of my clients boarding on the 20th to have my servers. I happily overtipped them all at the end of the cruise!

Parrot Cay was our first dinner, and for once our steaks were great…I am usually less than thrilled with the steaks at Parrot Cay.

We met our room steward who was also excellent, although the last two days he was sick so I didn’t get to say goodbye. He did a fantastic job and wasn’t stingy with the shampoo like usual (I have really long hair and so do all my girls, so we go through a lot of shampoo and conditioner).

The first day was great. The kids were tired so they didn’t spend much time in the clubs, and the kids in our party that hadn’t been onboard didn’t seem all that thrilled with going to the clubs. The two eight year olds just wanted to play basketball, much to our chagrin, as there is nowhere good to sit and observe. But at this point in the cruise, every CM had been wonderful, and the people on the cruise all seemed like they were nice and considerate! Great start to a great week.

Last edited by Dicecatt; 03-24-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

March 14th Day at Sea

Day at Sea, March 14, 2011

We woke up and all but the two teens went to Tritons, around 9 AM. The two eight year old boys were not thrilled with the idea of going to the Lab, I think it might have intimidated them the first night…so breakfast was a debate of what to do. The result of the debate was Angie and I were going to play Bingo at 10:45 and Kim took the little kids to see Tangled.

We just bought paper cards and let the girls play them…every time I think about playing Bingo with Disney the song “B, 11, BB 11” comes into my head.

At noon, we met for cheer practice in the Promenade Lounge. There were 18, although I think we ended up with a few less by the time the talent show came around. DD16 was whiney and somewhat mad about giving any tiny part of her valuable day to do this, although she seemed excited and willing when I asked her in the first place. Sigh…

We had some pool time after that…the kids kept running back and forth between the two pools, and poor Kim was run off her feet between her DD and her son and nephew. We left to get ready for High Tea.

Palo Tea was a nice break in the day…the restaurant was nearly empty, about 6 tables. Our server was Daniel from Venice…I met him in Wavebands on embarkation. He was very good. The treats were fantastic…made me wish I was hungrier…the trifle treat was absolutely to die for. It was a nice quiet sanctuary after being around the loud pool and kids that changed their minds about what they wanted to do every ten minutes!

We then took it easy for a while and prepared for Formal Night. We took some great pictures:

Then we went to the 6:15 showing of Golden Mickeys. Now, I’m not a big show goer. I was present only because my friends wanted to go…but typically I avoid things that have crowds and non assigned seats. I will say though that I enjoyed this show…we had great seats. Before the show, DD12 and DD12 of Tracielynn were on the screen being interviewed. It was pretty funny because I asked Angie “where is DD12” and she said “I don’t know, she said she was going to be on TV?” Then we looked up and there she was!

While we were waiting for the show to start, various members of our party (there were 12 of us) would get up to get snacks. At one point, DD5 was sitting by herself surrounded by three chairs, because the three people around her were getting cotton candy. She was just sitting their quietly, sweet little girl, when an entertainment CM came up to her and asked if she wanted to be a part of the show! DD5 looked at me for permission and took the CM’s hand…off she went.

Having not seen the show, I had no idea what she was going to be doing, so imagine my surprise when she did this:

CLICK HERE

She was SO cute, and talked about meeting Dopey for about an hour afterwards.

We then went to see the family caberet show, Comedy Industries, at 7:30. They were funny, the kids enjoyed it because it was a goofy show with juggling. They danced for a while before the show started in Wavebands and everyone had a good time.

Here is a video of one of the performers laying on the kids: CLICK HERE

Dinner was at Tritons, with the Golden Mickeys Menu for Formal night. I really enjoyed my scallop risotto for an appetizer:

The steak was also very good, I had so much beef this week:

So, DD16 had been joking all night that her dress was tight (worn for Homecoming in October) and that she was getting fat. I’d like to be “fat” like her. Anyway, some of the kids left to go to the clubs, and just a few of us were left…we ordered dessert, and for some reason Jose brought her two desserts! We howled with laughter and she unzipped the side of her dress, then couldn’t zip it back up. It was quite amusing although doesn’t sound quite as funny in this trip report.

So…our teens had taken “cool” pictures of themselves. You know what I’m talking about…in a mirror, with Lady Gaga fingers, with their lips all pouty…pictures with the towel animals with sexy faces…16 year old “cool” pictures.

So Angie, Kim and I decided to take one and here is the result:

Okay, disclaimer…it looks worse than it was supposed to, because truly it was just supposed to be making fun of the girls, and Angie didn't intend to look like she is grabbing up his leg. But it is still super funny. All through the cruise we took these “cool” pictures and laughed so much my eye makeup was messed up constantly with tears. We only took one because we were planning on drinking more and taking more after the show.

We went to the 10:30 show at the Walt Disney Theater with Alfred and Seymour, the hip hop comedy adult show. It was hilarious…they chased down people that were late and were generally very, very funny. Towards the end I got a text from the Oceaneer’s Club that DD5 wanted to be picked up. I knew the show was nearly over, so I didn’t hop right up…a few minutes later I get one saying she had been sick. So I rushed up there, she was in the Lab because the Club had closed early, and they told me she had to see the doctor to come back. I had a feeling it was motion related because it was more rocky that night and I hadn’t given her anything like I gave her the night before…plus she has a week stomach when we travel. I have to make sure she has no dairy when there is any motion. The CM kind of made it sound like she forced herself to throw up (it was in the bathroom thankfully), which was weird, because she clearly didn’t feel good when I took her back to the room.

Anyway, the result of that was the next day she was totally fine, I took her to the clinic after a day in Cabo and they barely looked at her but asked me if she had thrown up again and I said no…then they gave me a release form. She was fine the rest of the cruise and never had a fever or anything, it was just a fluke.

Not a great end to the night, but thankfully it was just a small blip.

Last edited by Dicecatt; 03-25-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Updated, Final sea day! Fun in LA coming up...
Old 03-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

I just changed the setting, try them again and let me know if it works!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Yes, I can see them. Thanks for posting!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: