Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Smile Lace up your sneakers for Christmas week til New Years if you think you can keep up!!

Well I've decided that perhaps I will give this Trip Report a go!!
So bear with me as I figure this all out!
I'm trying to adjust font size and color and to add photos but it will be a learning process as I go!

First off, let me introduce the gang. I am Debbie, DH is Renι. We have 4 adult children ranging in age from 18 to 24. We have 3 boys and 1 daughter.
Eldest son just got married in September /10.
On this trip, DD 23 (Chloι) and DS 18 (Jamie) will be joining us.
Edest son (Jesse) plans to do his own thing for his honeymoon and middle son (Ben) would rather do his own travelling. He climbed the real Mt. Kilimonjaro this past summer in Africa and when we invited him to do Kilimonjaro with us in Disney world just after Christmas, he gratefully declined!! hmph.... the nerve of him!
Well, that leaves the 4 of us!

We leave for our adventure on December 26th at 3 pm. DS Ben drives us to the airport.

I'm going to try to insert a photo of the gang here. So cross your fingers for me!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Ur family is beautiful.. can't wait to read about your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
Ur family is beautiful.. can't wait to read about your trip!
Thank you!!! I can't believe someone actually wants to read about our TR!
but thanks for stopping by!!!

Debbie
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
Belle1107
Earning My Ears

Excited to hear about your vacation!
1992-Wilderness Lodge1995-Offsite2000-OffsiteJuly 2004- Pop CenturyNovember 2009- Saratoga Springs (Our Honeymoon)January 2010-BoardwalkAugust 2010- Saratoga SpringsSeptember 2010- Animal Kingdom Lodge -Jambo HouseFebruary 2011- Old Key West and All Star Movies June 2011- Bay Lake Tower(Planned)

Old 01-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
francis6306
DIS Veteran

We were there earlier in the month! Weren't the decorations beautiful??!?! I just started my TR, I've been writing it offline, but finally feel like I can start posting it on here!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 01-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
We were there earlier in the month! Weren't the decorations beautiful??!?! I just started my TR, I've been writing it offline, but finally feel like I can start posting it on here!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Yes... we loved the decorations. The parks were just beautiful!

Here is the family again as we prepare to leave for WDW!

Having a drink at airport before leaving

This is sad son Ben who is not coming but drove us to airport

This is us getting settled for our first leg of the flight. Notice how relaxed and happy we all look!

Last edited by Purpleblanket; 01-25-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo!! The photo Worked!!!

OK !! Well that will make things for fun!!!
Now I'll have to go put more photos on Photo Bucket so we can get this TR going!!!

In the meantime, just picture us leaving the cold to get to Orlando where it's um .... Cold???!!!
At least there won't be snow!!!
So we settle in on our flight to Toronto where we will be switching planes!

Oh... but just a little history first.
We started to plan this trip in October 2009 so it's been a long wait and let me tell you... I have been preparing and doing my homework for a long time.
I spent all my holidays sitting on the beach last summer with Disney books in hand and I've read everything and anything about Disney I could get my hands on. DH and I went on a cruise after this trip on Jan 1st and through the cruise site I met some other Disney Fanatics who gave me lots of advice about this trip and guided me to this site as well as some other sites.

So... just wanted everyone to know how much time and work and prep I've put into this trip. I also used the ridemax site and prepared some really good itineraries for our trip since I knew we'd be there at the most busy time of the year and I did not plan to spend time waiting in lines!!!
My TA has been teasing me that I should be the TA!!!

Anyway, moving on!!

We are on our way to Toronto via Westjet enjoying the flight and dreaming of Disney!!
We get to Toronto and YIKES!! We barely have enough time to make the connecting flight and this is where trouble begins!!!
So stay tuned because I need more than a few minutes to write about this next part!!!

Debbie
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
VegasVick
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
DH and I went on a cruise after this trip on Jan 1st and through the cruise site I met some other Disney Fanatics who gave me lots of advice about this trip and guided me to this site as well as some other sites.
Debbie
That would be me! Found you and am subscribing as promised! Now have to read everything to catch up!

Vicky

1978 - WDW - offsite hotel * 1982 - WDW - offsite hotel * 1998 – DLR – one day trip * 1999 – DLR – Park Inn * 2000 – WDW – offsite condo * 2001 – DLR – Candy Cane Inn * 2002 – DLR – Ramada Inn Limited North * 2003 – WDW – Contemporary * 2004 – DLR – Candy Cane Inn, DLR – Fairfield Inn * 2005 – WDW – offsite condo * 2006 – WDW – Shades of Green * 2007 – WDW – Coronado Springs * 2008 – DLR – Disneyland Hotel * 2009 – WDW – Shades of Green Trip Report and WDW – Dolphin & offsite condo Trip Report * 2010 – WDW – Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report * 2011 - WDW - offsite condo * 2012 - DLR - Disneyland Hotel
Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVick View Post
That would be me! Found you and am subscribing as promised! Now have to read everything to catch up!

Vicky
Hi Vicky!!!

Yes!!! You are right!! That would be you!!

We are so glad we took your advice to keep Monday (Day 1 more simple... and to have a sleep in morning to do DTD!!)

That's where I've left off on the TR, but just back to work today after being away for 6 months so between full time job and my home salon business, I need to find some more time for posting TR!!

I'll be updating more soon!

Welcome!

Debbie
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hi Debbie....I'm Here!!!

I have to go back and finish reading, but wanted you to know I found you....
Hi back!!
I hope I don't bore you!! My photos aren't as good as yours either!! lol
But thanks for stopping by!
Debbie
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I've been silently reading along, too! We're planning to go to Disney from 12/26/12 - 1/2/13 so I'm excited to hear about the rest of your trip!

That 24 hour bug is the WORST! We've only had to deal with it on 2 of our past trips but it is just awful!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #14
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I've been silently reading along, too! We're planning to go to Disney from 12/26/12 - 1/2/13 so I'm excited to hear about the rest of your trip!

That 24 hour bug is the WORST! We've only had to deal with it on 2 of our past trips but it is just awful!
Hi Simba!
Thanks for popping in!

I promise I will eventually wind up my last day in park. I just don't want to rush and do it lazy as it was our best day on New Years Eve and we had such a good time. I just wish I had finished up before I was back at my full time job while I have my part time job going as well and now it's summer and I try to spend lots of time outside. But, I will get it done soon!! Next rainy day, I'll be updating!!

You are going to have such a great time! Just be planned for the crowds and get to the parks early!!
Are you staying in right in Disney?

Debbie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: