Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Talking Birthdays, surprises, Magic & Merriment *3/25 New PTR Link We leave in 47 days*

Introductions
Great skycap, a mad family, & the ME
Meeting TnT (was it dynamite?)
Announcement!!
Once Upon a Christmas Time
Toni’s birthday, did we see her? Part 1
Toni’s birthday, did we see her? Part 2
Meeting a Pirate and a Princess
I think we fell in love
It’s C O L D… I don’t wanna leave the room
Sangria ,will we like it?
A change of plans
MSEP would we like it?
We don’t want it to end
CLP with Jodi Benson aka The Little Mermaid
DTD non park day
My birthday day
My birthday night

Link for Faces in the Queue: Meet Bill

Magic & Merriment check in
Epcot, the sticker, CLP, & DHS part 1
Epcot, the sticker, CLP, & DHS part 2
Bill finds himself another woman
Dinner at DHS and the Osborne Lights
BLT & crummy weather
Cinderella Castle Suite Tour part 1
Cinderella Castle Suite Tour part 2
Mvmcp # 2
Homeward Bound

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 03-26-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
mrsksomeday

Introductions

Alice Kingsley: This is impossible.
The Mad Hatter: Only if you believe it is

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At times I thought this trip would NEVER happen, so many ups and downs, cancellations, changing dates/ADRs. It was an undertaking to get this trip to become reality, but it did and it was the most memorable, most magical, most wonderful trip we have ever had. There was only one little thing that stopped it from being perfect…

Winter followed us to Florida and took up residence .

Before I get any further I guess it would be a good idea to do the introductions, we are Tracy and Bill:

An odd couple in looks (I am overweight, he is rocking a power wheelchair because he has Cerebral Palsy) and personalities (I am a total pessimist, he is the optimist) but we completely click with one another. I turned 41 on the trip; Bill will be 41 in June. We love our dog Ace, our families, the Colts, the Dodgers, and most of all Walt Disney and the World he has created for all of us.

This was my 8th trip and Bill’s 13th. We had many reasons we wanted to go:

1) Christmas in WDW is FANTASTIC

2) Bill wanted to celebrate my birthday in WDW

3) We were lucky enough to get D23 Magic and Merriment tickets and

4) Most importantly we were going to meet our DISfriends Oregonmommyof2 and Oregondaddyof 2

We were so happy to get to meet them in person. I had been talking to Toni (Oregonmommy) for months, texting, yahooing, facebooking etc. Bill had talked to Terry (Oregondaddy) on yahoo and they had played PS3 together. Little did I know Bill had been talking to BOTH of them a lot more than I thought he was, but we will get back to that later in the report. I had also been talking to Terry about the surprise he wanted to spring on Toni for her birthday. It was killing me to keep my mouth shut but I did it.

I guess I should introduce Toni and Terry (on EE):

Toni is my DBFF (Disney Best Friend Forever ) the only things she loves as much as her hubby and her kids are Mickey and Dooney and Burkes Disney purses.

Now Terry loves Toni, the kids and Bertha his camera. She was always hanging around on his neck, then up by his face , ALL THE TIME. I don’t see why Toni isn’t completely jealous.

So that is us and our special guests, I do hope you join us, I almost called this report: WDW freezing our bums off 2010.

I will let you know now, I was a horrible note taker and didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do, but I will go with what I have.

Next installment… Great skycap, a mad family, & the ME

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 01-19-2011 at 11:52 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

I'm here and so ubber excited to read about the trip!!!!!!!!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

I am here!!! But, where else would I be???

Can't wait for the TR to unfold.

I also can't wait for you to get it OVER WITH so we can get on tot he next PTR!!!

Adore you and Bill, so very glad we got to spend time together and really hope to do it again in the near future!!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Yea, Yea! I can't wait to hear all about it! I love that you got to spend time with Disney Friends!

btw- I have a thing for the DB purses too. oups.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
I'm here and so ubber excited to read about the trip!!!!!!!!
Hello, so happy to see you here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
I am here!!! But, where else would I be???

Can't wait for the TR to unfold.

I also can't wait for you to get it OVER WITH so we can get on tot he next PTR!!!

Adore you and Bill, so very glad we got to spend time together and really hope to do it again in the near future!!
Hello, happy to see you. I am not going to drag this TR out. As for getting to the next PTR do you mean for this or next October . We adore you guys too, we will be following you again around the World Showcase .

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Yea, Yea! I can't wait to hear all about it! I love that you got to spend time with Disney Friends!

btw- I have a thing for the DB purses too. oups.
Hi!! We had a great time with them. Those purses are adorable.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracy!! I can't wait to really get started!

We had old man winter follow us to Florida on our 2009 trip. Brrrr!

D & B purses. Yup, I'm all about that! Kevin gave me one for Christmas. He got me the Disney Sketch (large & I do mean LARGE).

All 5'4 of me looks lost carrying it, but who cares.

On with the show.....

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
piglet50
DIS Veteran

i am glad to see this trip report. i've read all of your others and have really enjoyed them. i don't comment much but wanted to thank you for sharing.
it.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
MAJ RN
Mom to Tyler and Alex!

Love your updates!! I want so badly to go to WDW during Christmas so that I can see all of the storytellers at Epcot!! Can't wait to read about the problems you had with boarding the bus at Epcot, we are going soon and my 12 year old is in a wheelchair, should be interesting. Looking forward to more!!

Melissa
Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #10
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Bill's flowers were so beautiful! I confess I read that update a while ago but am just getting back here now to post.... it brought tears to my eyes to see the charm. Sigh!

Why oh why did I not take a picture when I ran into you all?? Not just once... twice!

I love your beautiful castle picture - just gorgeous! All those TnT sightings! I have to get back over to their TR (though I know the surprise from Facebook I can't wait to hear all about it!) ... I know I'm probably an update or two behind already.

Despite the chilliness, sounds like a fun day at Epcot! Love how you're both crushing on your Tutto server -- your dinners look delicious!!
I am kicking myself for not taking a picture with you, Tammy, and Nebo and Smidgy. I AM A HORRIBLE DIS'ER!! We will definately be going back to Tutto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I love how you give us little cliffhangers for Toni's TR, since you do that would you be so kind as to tell her to hurry her butt up and catch up so we can all be on the same page here geez

Sounds like you guys had a great day at Epcot. We didn't do CaptainEO, I think I forgot it was there
She posted an update tonight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana_Disney_Fan View Post

You have to know we love you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I know what you mean about the FREEZING temps slowing you down at Disney... we had some chilly weather during the Spectrum Mom's trip!
Isn't it crazy to feel cold in WDW??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
You're crazy woman!! A frozen drink, on a frozen night!
That margarita was GUD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a fun evening. Too bad it was cold. We had an evening that was bitter cold in 2007. I was wearing my winter coat that night.
We had more than one evening like that. Imagine the rest of our trip was that cold .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Great update, Tracy! Tutto is hands down a family favorite and MUST DO every trip! I've yet to meet a server who wasn't warm and friendly and GORGEOUS!

I'm so excited to visit all the storytellers and OMG, can't wait to check out Karamel Kuche!

Something about your last installment really bothered me....

I'm sorry for that. After having to do a trip with my Mom in an ECV (temporarily), and realizing just how difficult it is, we really go out of the way to assist anyone who could use a little extra assistance. I wish everyone could experience what it's like for a day. I bet it would change a lot of attitudes - I know it changed mine.
You will enjoy the storytellers so much. Karamel Kuche smells heavenly.

Thank you for helping people. You are so right I think it would change attitudes if people were in someone's wheels for one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ RN View Post
Love your updates!! I want so badly to go to WDW during Christmas so that I can see all of the storytellers at Epcot!! Can't wait to read about the problems you had with boarding the bus at Epcot, we are going soon and my 12 year old is in a wheelchair, should be interesting. Looking forward to more!!

Melissa
Thank you Melissa. The storytellers are amazing. The bus issues happen on Dec. 3rd.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Between you, V & T- I must add Tutto to our next trip! There are just so many places I want to eat at whilst I'm at WDW - What is a girl to do?

Eat, drink and be rolled out of WDW - Happy!

I love the story tellers. It is really a special treat that is added during th holidays!

Hubs got his drink confiscated too. We were heading to the Boardwalk area, on foot, so it was a major bummer!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Brrr Tracy.....sounds SO cold!! That is too bad about your drink being confiscated....I was not aware of that - I guess I've never made it all the way back to the exit with a drink still unfinished! LOL!

Love the storyteller pics - something I have not had the pleasure of seeing yet.

Sara
Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

The storytellers sound like they were alot of fun. I really want to take Jimmy once at Christmas time, but I'm scared of the crowds

Too funny about Bill taking off without you

MDF - You got called out, what're you gonna do about it

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #14
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi! Just reporting in. I'm looking forward to reading your TR alongside Toni's - have to get the whole story! I'll be back to catch up!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #15
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Heidi, it is gorgeous. Every time we are there for the Castle lighting my eyes well up with tears, it is just beautiful.

When we got our photopass it included some "extra pictures", I guess this is new since we didn't have "extras" from the last trip. One was their version of the Castle, much clearer than mine:

I also get the happy tears when I see the castle, especially during Christmas when it's lit up like that. I love the picture of Cinderella in the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
LOVE the castle at Christmas! Those lights are so pretty.

Glad you had fun with DIS friends. It's amazing to me the friendships that can begin via the internet!
Yes! I've met a few people on the internet and have kept close ties with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Friendships can really blossom from the internet, so can other relationships. Bill and I met online .
So did my DH & I!!! Gotta love the .

Your day at Epcot sounds wonderful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: