Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A Disney Christmas Fix - four days of fun! 1/28 Summer/Cruising PTR started!!

Greetings everyone! Welcome to my short and sweet (and sweet in MANY ways) Trip Report for my Holiday fun with the Mouse! This holiday season I spent three nights and four days with my DH Nov 29th - Dec 1st. There was nothing better to get me in the Christmas Spirit

We didn't bring our children since we were attending training in Florida immediately following our days in Disney, so it was a nice little adult getaway! I am sure you want to know who I am and who my DH is, especially if you have not read any of my Happy Dog vacations before...

So here we are....

This is ME, HappyDog. Who believes she is probably her happiest, Dog Happy, when she is at Disney World... This photo was taken at the Winterland/Summerland minature golf course in Disneyworld during our vacation... I have always told DH that when we retire we should get an airstream and tour around, and I regularly declare that I will work for Disney when I retire... And that I want to spend Christmas in Disney at Fort Wilderness one year... So he told me I should get my photo next to "my" motorhome!!!

Here is a photo of DH on our summer trip to WDW this past June/July...

He is always finding the humor in things, and well this is one of those moments...

A photo from that same trip to introduce you to our children, two boys, 8 and 5...

And a little more recently, on our Disneyland Halloween trip, just this past October. Some clowning around in Toontown...

Lastly, here are two photos of all of us. I chose these because though taken last year, they were taken at the exact same time of year that I was very excited to revisit... Christmas in Disneyworld

This was us on Christmas morning a year ago, so I guess it is an appropriate beginning for this short TR, to begin it on Christmas day this year!!!! That and the fact that the Christmas Parade made me very nostalgic and inspired me ..

I hope you don't mind that little recap of my family and a few of our recent trips. We have had the fortune of going to Disney more often than I would have expected the past few years, and fortunately for me, when we are not planning Disney fun, someone else IS here on the DIS!!! Perhaps this is why I love being a part of the DIS community, as well as for all the great DISers I have met here! I can always count on some great memories to share from MeMom, WigD, CP, EandEsmom, 2excited2sleep, JenJolt, LL, and MANY others! Links to all my PTRs and TRs are below but in the meantime, I hope you will join me and DH for some Pre-Christmas fun!!!

Ho Ho HO!!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 01-28-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in for the fun!
Hey! Welcome!!!! YOU are first!!! I have not advertised this on my Halloween TR yet, so I plan to do that tomorrow! I am just glad I was found

Hope you are having a merry christmas

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 12-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey! Welcome!!!! YOU are first!!! I have not advertised this on my Halloween TR yet, so I plan to do that tomorrow! I am just glad I was found

Hope you are having a merry christmas

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas

Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas
Thanks! We did! I am going to post some right now -- but YOU must be getting ready for a lot of snow!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Thanks! We did! I am going to post some right now -- but YOU must be getting ready for a lot of snow!!!
A lot has fallen already. It's a mess outside.
I drove right into it this morning on my way home from my brother's house in Maryland.

Did you get any snow?

Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A little Christmas at the Happy Dog House...

So before I start my TR photos from our short trip to WDW, I thought I would share our Disney Christmas tree with you and a few other festive photos!!! I have been buying Christmas ornaments each trip this year since last Christmas. I have collected all the Toy Story ornaments, and several Tink's, and some additional characters I am fond of... I have been posting them along the way, but I did buy a few more this quick trip. I was so excited to unwrap them all and hang them!!!

So I figured I had to find SOMETHING to do with these Mickey Ear hats that I bought last year!!!

I am also a big sugar cookie fan. Or at least I like making them!!! I have some "help".... This is DS5... DS8 said he was only the cookie taster.

WigD, notice the sillybands... he declared he wanted to wear all the Mr. Potato Heads....So...

Some of the finished products...

This trip I bought Mickey Holiday Sprinkles... and the previous trip I had grabbed a Mickey cookie cutter... so naturally...

Christmas Eve.. after Santa has come to drop off his goodies...

Christmas morning chaos ensues... with glazed popems' hot chocolate and lattes ... can't get much better than that! The boys are wearing their Mickey flannel PJ's which I bought them last year. They really were big... I think they'll even get one more wear out of them, if you can believe it! I am glad to hear it! They are very cute...

The demise of the chocolate Snowmen...

My other child...

Jim Shore Santas meet Harry Potter legos...

A little AT-AT fun and some new lightsabers... Notice the third big boy ALSO on the floor here... LOL!

More in the next post!!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 12-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Joining in, can't wait to hear all about your quick trip!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 12-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #10
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas! Great beginning too. I am jealous of a short holiday trip, you have done my two big wish trips: Disneyland and a couples trip lately!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
tyandskyesmom
DIS Veteran

Hi!

We do a Disney Tree too! I'm just not as on-the-ball as you with posting pictures!!!! Everyone knows...if it ain't Disney, it does not go on the tree!!!

I wish I had the patience for making cookies...especially with the kids! They look great! We did end up with a Mickey pumpkin cutter and a snow man Mickey cutter this year...I might just have to find a classic Mickey head cutter...and make my DH make them!!!!

I'll be reading along...waiting for the next 228 days till I get to Mickey's House!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: