Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Christmas Dinner . . .

. . . okay, so we've been to the grocery store three times in the past two days, and Christmas is still almost a week away. We'll still need to hit the store on Christmas Eve morning to pick up the perishables etc. But I think we've got everything else covered.

Anyway, looking at the different things in people's baskets and the different options at the meat counter, I got to thinking about the various things people do for Christmas Dinner.

I know some people do turkey, some do ham, and others do prime rib or roast beef.

So, let's talk about it. What are you doing for Christmas dinner this year?

We typically do fondue on Christmas Day, and that's not changing this year. It's a family favorite, one of my personal favorites and a great excuse to have friends over to join us.

On Christmas Eve, I'll be making homeade sauce with Italian sausage over fresh pasta and we'll do a stuffed artichoke, bacon wrapped greenbean bundles to go with it.

So, what about everybody else? What's for dinner?
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
STOCKYJIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
. . . okay, so we've been to the grocery store three times in the past two days, and Christmas is still almost a week away. We'll still need to hit the store on Christmas Eve morning to pick up the perishables etc. But I think we've got everything else covered.

Anyway, looking at the different things in people's baskets and the different options at the meat counter, I got to thinking about the various things people do for Christmas Dinner.

I know some people do turkey, some do ham, and others do prime rib or roast beef.

So, let's talk about it. What are you doing for Christmas dinner this year?

We typically do fondue on Christmas Day, and that's not changing this year. It's a family favorite, one of my personal favorites and a great excuse to have friends over to join us.

On Christmas Eve, I'll be making homeade sauce with Italian sausage over fresh pasta and we'll do a stuffed artichoke, bacon wrapped greenbean bundles to go with it.

So, what about everybody else? What's for dinner?
We've just changed our plans, we are coming to yours!!!!!

Seriously though we have just had major plan changes. We were going to have a romantic meal with just the two of us based on my families traditional xmas meal - Lobster to start followed by Turkey with the trimmings and ending with xmas pudding.

As of yesterday, thanks to way too many cocktails, I invited my SIL and her family over for dinner with my usual cry of "the more the merrier" (Damn those mojito's!!)

This was great till I woke up this morning and realised that 2 have become 8 (+ 3 dogs!!) so have now upgraded the turkey to a "plus size" full bird and downgraded the lobster to smoked salmon and Shrimp, all still followed by christmas pudding with a cheese board for munchies later.

itll be great as we will have the kids there, which I think will make christmas, and we only have to convert our spare bedroom into a dining room for the occassion which should be a snap!!!

Hope everyone else has a great time!!
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
DVCDan36
Mouseketeer

This year we are doing small snacks and hors d'oeurvres. Nothing fancy, family can come and go, enjoy some company, enjoy some food, and hopefully some laughs.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

We always do Chinese take-out and snacky-food for Christmas eve. Christmas day varies, but it looks like we are heading to Sea World this year
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Christmas Eve we go to my DH's Aunt's house. His family is Armenian so they tend to have all different foods...string cheese, stuffed grape leaves and some other things I don't eat! This year they will also be having a pork loin and spicy baked beans. Before we go to their house at 7pm (once they get home from church) we are going to a friends house and they will be having a traditional dinner and 'picky' foods.

To his Aunt house I will bring beer bread, dip, spinnach florientine ring and homemade creamy corn. To our friends house I will bring bacon wrapped hot dogs in brown sugar, andscallops wrapped in bacon.

Christmas Day we have brunch here at our house with the in laws then for dinner we will be having steaks (good steaks!) and some fixings

The day after New Years we will go to NY to my mom's house for a full turkey and ham dinner, along with Italian stuff (her BF is Italian).

I'm pretty much betting I'll gain several pounds these next few weeks.
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
BigTiggerGuy
HHN Here We Come Again!!!!

This is my first Christmas in Florida and since I was just back home for Thanksgiving I can't get the time off work to go back. Luckily, my DP is flying in tonight to stay for the week. We are having homemade baked ziti(I even made my own gravy), caesar salad, meatballs, italian bread, and homemade cheesecake for dessert. Christmas Day will be a traditional turkey dinner with TONS of leftovers! Luckily I have some friends flying down for New Year's Eve so hopefully they like turkey!
Happy Holidays to everyone!
HHN Oct 1-3, 2008
Oct 31, 2008 2 Weeks in Africa!
Feb. 16-19, 2009 Disneyland!
October 27-30, 2009 HHN Here we come...again!
Dec. 13-19, 2009 Coronado Springs
October 2010- Moved to Davenport, FL- 15 minutes away! Time for the Annual Pass!!!!
BigTiggerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

We go to a differant Aunt's house each year but the menu is always Turkey and Ham with all the usual trimmings. Depending on which Aunt (or my Mom) is hosting determines the stuffing concoction that year.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

Crown Roast.
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Apparently we're having fried chicken this year? For the first time... I'm sure there will be potatoes and gravy, green beans, dinner rolls, cranberries, and some form of dessert as well.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #10
chwgmjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
Apparently we're having fried chicken this year? For the first time... I'm sure there will be potatoes and gravy, green beans, dinner rolls, cranberries, and some form of dessert as well.
Forgot to mention that when we go to my grandparents for "Christmas" the 2nd week in January, we'll likely end up having sloppy joe's, lutheran-style hotdish, homemade pickles, sharp cheddar on rye bread, some form of potatoes, several different vegetables, and about 30,000 different kinds of cookies, candies, and desserts.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #11
chwgmjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
I work overnights... the family decided to eat without me since I had to sleep... they didn't save anything for me. I ended up ordering a pizza. Blah.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #12
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

For us Christmas meal depends on which family is hosting (parents vs one of my siblings).... but always always always our meal starts with a little Italian flare of homemade turkey cappelletti soup, homemade lasagna, then onto the more traditional turkey, homemade cranberry sauce ((mom would never forgive us if we didn't make homemade lol)) and some sort of potato (mashed or roasted). if it's one of my siblings they make some sort of veg and the meal ends there other than desserts.

On the other hand when my parents cook the table is full of food; enough food for us and the neighborhood. My parent's house at Christmas is always known as the house where extended family and friends show up throughout the day for food. LOL
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: