Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Sleepingbooty's Trip Planner Designs - currently on hiatus

Hi All! First, I guess I should introduce myself, since although I'm not new to the DIS, this is my first time posting on the Creative DISigns forum.

I really want to thank all you DISigners out there, you've really inspired me! I've been making trip planners for my clients for a while, but there were fairly utilitarian. I was more concerned about the information included than the overall design. Then I found this forum when I was looking for some scrapbooking ideas. I was amazed at all the great ideas here, and the wonderful tips on the FAQ page! I decided that I would attempt to upgrade my planners to make them more unique and special. This has become such a fun project - I think I have become addicted!

Anyway, I decided on the square format when I found some ring bound chipboard sets at Archiver's. The first planners, I decoupaged the covers onto the chipboard. Its pretty labor intensive and the mod-podge sometimes makes the paper bubble, so I'm thinking I might start just laminating the covers like I do the section dividers and then having the whole thing spiral bound at Kinkos. I asked and they'll do any size for $5. If I do that, I don't know how I'll attach the ribbon, so that may have to go (unless anyone has an idea!)

Here is a picture of one I just did for a Christmas trip:

First section:

Here are some of the section dividers. I laminate these for durability:

Here are some more section dividers and some pages:

Here are some more of the pages:

I'll post some different styles in the next post. I can post additional inside pages if there is an interest. I'd be happy to customize anything. If you have a special request, I'll give it a shot. I'm still learning most of this stuff, but I'd be happy to try.

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 06-02-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Sleepingbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Here are some other styles I've done. I'd be happy to customize them if anyone is interested.

Classic red, black, and yellow cover:

Christmas cover:

Bold color cover:

Peter Pan cover:

Retro Mickey cover:

Rectangular covers - post 17

Princess Half Marathon design

Princess Half Marathon Tee shirt design

Animal Kingdom themed Family Fun 5k shirt design Version 2

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 03-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Sleepingbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi Rebecca and WELCOME!!!

Your DISigns are great Hon.
Welcome aboard!
Hugs Mel

bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
jbmckenzie
Mouseketeer

I love your trip planner designs! Could you please personalize the classic red, black and yellow cover with The McKenzie's and no year? Also, any dividers that you can post would be wonderful. We are going around Halloween time, so unfortunately the Christmas designs won't work for our trip. Thank you for sharing your talent!
jbmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmckenzie View Post
I love your trip planner designs! Could you please personalize the classic red, black and yellow cover with The McKenzie's and no year? Also, any dividers that you can post would be wonderful. We are going around Halloween time, so unfortunately the Christmas designs won't work for our trip. Thank you for sharing your talent!
No problem! I pm'd you......
Old 12-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
jbmckenzie
Mouseketeer

Hey Rebecca, I hate to bother you but I didn't get you PM. Could you please resend? Thanks, Becky (I'm A Rebecca Too)
jbmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Hi Rebecca and WELCOME!!!

Your DISigns are great Hon.
Welcome aboard!
Hugs Mel

Thanks Mel! And thanks for the warm welcome
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
disneyluvrs4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Here are some other styles I've done. I'd be happy to customize them if anyone is interested.

Christmas cover:

Bold color cover:

I also have section dividers in each style. Hope you like them!
I LOVE these! They are great! Could I please get one of each? The Christmas one with Our Disney Christmas and the bold one with Our Disney Vacation(maybe with Disney being the colorful one)? I will have to check out the section dividers too! Thanks.
disneyluvrs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

OH I feell ike I have hit the DID jackpot!! I was just perusing the new threads for today and found you guys... I am so excited!
Last time I went to Disney in 2008 I made up little books for eveyone that went with us, I put them on powerpoint and then had them printed out at Kinkos, cost me a fortune!
This time, going in May, I am looking forward to putting something together that not only will keep track of things for my husband, son and I but will also b a keepsake and put in the memory box..
A couple of problems.. My Computer is shot, we are getting a new one in December for Christmas, but I have lost all my clip art, and the new laptop we are getting is NOT going to have excel..If, I get some attachemnts from you all am I going to be able ot make these without using Excel?
I love everything that i have seen so far, especially the PLnner.. I love your idea about sending something out ahead of time.. life for example, a week or so after your clients are going to be 180 days out.. If they are pros then they will have made their reservations.. if you made your ADRs then more than likely you have a park plan.. So sending something that has EMH's on it..or the name and times and dates of ADRS ahead of time, would be AWESOME.. something already laminated that they can then incorporate into what they get right before the trip..
By the way.. Im Christine.. I will be going on my 11th trip to Disney,with my husband Doug, and our son Logan who will be 5.. We are celebrating birthdays (Logan 5 and us turning 40) and.. Me being cancer free.. So we have a lot to celebrate and I want to have lots of things to put in his memory box...
loganpaulsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
OH I feell ike I have hit the DID jackpot!! I was just perusing the new threads for today and found you guys... I am so excited!
Last time I went to Disney in 2008 I made up little books for eveyone that went with us, I put them on powerpoint and then had them printed out at Kinkos, cost me a fortune!
This time, going in May, I am looking forward to putting something together that not only will keep track of things for my husband, son and I but will also b a keepsake and put in the memory box..
A couple of problems.. My Computer is shot, we are getting a new one in December for Christmas, but I have lost all my clip art, and the new laptop we are getting is NOT going to have excel..If, I get some attachemnts from you all am I going to be able ot make these without using Excel?
I love everything that i have seen so far, especially the PLnner.. I love your idea about sending something out ahead of time.. life for example, a week or so after your clients are going to be 180 days out.. If they are pros then they will have made their reservations.. if you made your ADRs then more than likely you have a park plan.. So sending something that has EMH's on it..or the name and times and dates of ADRS ahead of time, would be AWESOME.. something already laminated that they can then incorporate into what they get right before the trip..
By the way.. Im Christine.. I will be going on my 11th trip to Disney,with my husband Doug, and our son Logan who will be 5.. We are celebrating birthdays (Logan 5 and us turning 40) and.. Me being cancer free.. So we have a lot to celebrate and I want to have lots of things to put in his memory box...
Hi Christine! Welcome and congratulations on being cancer free! Thanks for your ideas as well.

Most of the people I make planners for are totally NOT experts - most of them do not go on Disney message boards and have NO idea the level of planning that us crazy DISers put into our trips. Which is why I do it for them, LOL!

If I understand you correct, you are wondering how you be able to use my designs on your new computer? Personally, when I'm ready to print, I paste all my jpegs for the dividers, etc. into Publisher because I like how easy it is to control the size. But I think you could do it just as easily with Word (or possibly any word processing software. The main thing for me is to be able to paste the picture onto a document and control exactly how big it will print. If I simply open it like a picture and ask my computer to print it using the print wizard, it sort of decides on its own how to crop it, and it never turns out how I want. Additionally, I think you could probably upload the jpegs to a photo site and have them printed, as long as you'd saved them in the exact size (4x6, 5x7) that you wanted.

Maybe someone else will pipe in with more printing experience. I only know the way I do it
Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #11
dtsz
Mouseketeer

Hi Rebecca!

Just wanted to let EVERYONE know how wonderful these planners are!! I got your email last night with the section dividers, so cute!!! I cannot wait to start putting all my info together!!!

Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrs4 View Post
I LOVE these! They are great! Could I please get one of each? The Christmas one with Our Disney Christmas and the bold one with Our Disney Vacation(maybe with Disney being the colorful one)? I will have to check out the section dividers too! Thanks.
No problem! If you want to pm me your email attachment I will send you full size files.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: