Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

A Game For All The Family!

The Pre Trip.....
The Cast

Me AKA RobynPrincess or Robyn as the name suggests

Simon or Sy, DH, My better half..

Sian AKA Mummy or Robyn's Mum
Bill AKA Grumpy or Robyn's Dad

Anne AKA Mummy Number 2 or Sy's Mum
Cliff AKA Dad or Sy's Dad

The Outline

We're flying out of Heathrow on the 17th September into Miami.

Staying in Miami for 2 nights in The Hampton Inn Coconut Grove

Then off to Orlando for 12 nights, staying in a DIBB villa owned by Paul & Becky (can't wait!)

Then the parents head home & Sy and I stay for another week in the Sheraton Four Points Studio City.

Leave from Orlando International on the 8th October and head into Gatwick on the 9th.

The Reason for hols

Now I know what you're thinking, a holiday with BOTH sets of parents???!! But its fine, we all get along great (for now anyway!). We will only have 1 car between us but we have planned a few days apart and we intend to split up a bit when we go into the parks so hopefully we won't annoy each other too much!

The reason for the trip, it will be our 1st wedding anniversary. We honeymooned in Orlando last year (see trip report in my signature) however the trip didn't really go to plan for many reasons. We had to delay the honeymoon for 3 weeks and this cost us a lot of money that we had saved for spending money. Also on our 3rd day Simon was sent an email making him redundant so it made spending even tighter. We ate at fast food restaurants a lot and did basically no shopping (I found this very hard ). This time, we want to be able to do the things we couldn't do then.

Simon chose our destination for the honeymoon and he was the one who was so desperate to go back, not that I took much persuading! This will be my 8th trip, his 2nd, his parents 1st and my parents 4th.
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

The Day We Leave!

Flight - 1:40pm from Heathrow to Miami.

We met at T5 nice and early for the flight, I wanted to have a good nosey around in the shops as we'd never been there before. My sister and Aunt had taken my parents to the airport and we came with DH's parents (with BIL driving us and dropping us off).

We did OLCI the night before so we dropped our bags off - we did have to wait for 10 mins as it hadn't opened yet! (Did I mention I wanted to get there early?? LOL). After we dropped our bags off we went through to airside and waved goodbye to my sister, baby niece and aunt. Once we finally got through (we went to one end of the terminal and were told to go to the other end so had to hike off right down the other end!) we got something to eat and drink and then went shopping.... not that we bought much! I saw a few things I liked but they were completely unaffordable for us - a cardigan for £500?? I did think about getting 2....

Once our flight was ready for boarding we headed off and boarded the plane. DH and I sat in the 4 seats in the middle with my parents sat on the right side of us against the window, unfortunately they had someone sat next to them that wasn't the smallest of people and didnt like getting up when they needed the toilet or anything out of the overhead lockers so they didnt have the most comfortable flight but it was okay.

Loved having the VOD, I watched Valentines Day which was fab, and a fw other movies. The food wasn't all that bad for plane food, I had chicken curry which was ok, the dessert was left though - yuk!

Flight was very smooth and went quickly, I had a little nap which was good as I hadn't mananged to get much sleep the night before - I was too excited!!

Once we landed we headed to immigration where I think we were possibly the last passengers, but we headed right in the hope that we might get asked to go through the US side - we were! My parents sailed through, as did my IL's however we were questioned a lot because of DH's visa. It was funny watching the guy pretend to type on his computer though, it was extremely obvious that he wasn't typing at all! He let us in in the end, and that's the main thing.

We got our bags and headed for the car hire, we got on the bus and after a short ride we were there. The woman on the Alamo desk did the hard sell but really, there wasn't realy much for us to upgrade on, we already had a massive car! She did try to tell us we would only get 3 bags in (worrying when we had 1 each and our hand luggage) but it went in the car no problems - i think they tell fibs! Our car wasn't very clean though but we didnt realise until we had all of our luggage in it so we couldn't be bothered to change it so headed off.

It took a little while to find the hotel as I got the directions wrong oops! But we got there eventually, Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. Wow what a hotel! It was gorgeous. The staff were so friendly and nice on check in, they knew who we were and handed us each bags of goodies - chocolates, treats etc. When they gave us our room numbers I was a bit upset that we weren't next to our parents as I had asked for us to be but I didnt want to make a fuss so I let it go and didnt mention it. When I got to our room I knew why - DH had upgraded us to a mahoosive room! Not only that but I had the most amazing bouquet of roses I have ever seen, my favourite chocolates, a bottle of champagne, a balloon and a card.

The room was gorgeous, the bed was huge! The bathroom was stunning. Its one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in.

We then got ready and went out for dinner on Miami Beach, we went to an italian called Spris, we went there last year and thought it would be good for our first night.

After dinner we came back to the hotel and fell into a very long sleep after deciding what time to meet for breakfast.

Tomorrow, The everglades and Miami Duck Tour.
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Woke up about 8am and went down for breakfast. Had a lovely breakfast, they even had a waffle machine where we could make our own waffles! They were so yummy - I ended up having nothing but waffles for breakfast - healthy huh?

After breakfast we went back to our rooms to get ready for the day ahead. We all met in our room (as it was huge!) and then headed off to the everglades to do a boat ride and see some wildlife. I had done my research online before we left to find the best place to do it, I think it took about 45 mins to get there, it looked like 20 mins on the map but there were so many traffic lights! Anyway, we eventually got there. Simon found some old friends......

and the men had a pose on a boat

We had a few mins to wait before our boat so we had a look around. We saw baby aligators, big aligators and a turkey? Hmmm..... And then it was time to hop on the boat. It was SO hot, It felt hotter than any other day we were away, inside I was pleading to go faster just so the wind could cool me - and i love the heat!

We saw lots of wild Aligators, even ones that were just days old! they were tiny! Here is one of the bigger ones

Once we got back we headed into the shop to get a drink and to escape the sun for a bit. Then we headed back to the car and started on our way to Miami Beach to do the Miami Duck tour.

We got there in plenty of time, we booked and paid for it and went for something to eat and a drink down Lincon Road. I got an ice-cream from Haagan Daz and everyone else got something to eat from Paul's. I ended up eating half of Anne's sandwich as well as they had given her and Cliff one each - when they had only asked for 1 to share! I didn't mind though, it was yummy! Chicken, Apple, Mustard Mayo

After we wolfed that down we went to meet the bus/boat (which was about 30 mins late in leaving grrr!). It was a completely full trip. Our tour guide was a girl and honestly - she wasn't as good as the guy we had last year who was so funny!! She still was good though We saw all around South Beach and in the water we saw lots of celebrity houses - most of which my mum was whispering to me 'who's that?' LOL

The trip lasted about 90 mins. After we got off, we got back in the car and went back to the hotel. We went down for a swim but it was very short lived - the pool was FREEEEEEEEZING! So I decided to get into the hot tub, i put 1 foot in and took it out straight away, it was already hot pink I know I sound like goldielocks but honestly, the pool was way too cold and the hot tub would have boiled me alive. So we went back upstairs to have a bit of a rest and get ready for dinner. We got a cab (so everyone could have a drink) to Coral Gables and went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. There was quite a wait for a table so we stood in the bar outside and had a few cocktails - everyone had been drinking at the hotel before we left so were quite merry, I was the boring one though who was too tired so didnt want to drink LOL. The food was good in the Cheesecake factory but unfortunately no one had room for a cheesecake I know, its really shocking, but the dinner was fab and we would definately go there again just for that.

After dinner we headed outside for a cab, the cab driver earlier told us we didnt need to take his number as there are loads of cabs around.... cut to us standing on the street for 20 mins while about 3 cabs go past, all with people in them! Anyway, we got back eventually and fel straight into bed, it had been a long day.

Tomorrow, our first wedding anniversary and we head to ORLANDO!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Our First Wedding Anniversary :D

Woke up early as I was so desperate to give Sy his presents :D and to open all of our cards too - we brought them all with us

Gave Sy his 2 presents and card. He opened the card and couldnt quite believe his eyes! A voucher for Discovery Cove! I had been constantly telling him that I didnt want to go as I thought it was a waste of money (I was worried he might book it for me!) he actually asked me if we were going even though he had a voucher with his name on in his hand! He was very pleased. He then opened the under-water camera and the Anniversary book that I bought him. The anniversary book is something we will keep forever and write in each year what we did for our anniversary and what we got each other, pictures etc - its been saved on my PC for over 6 months!

He then went to get my presents from his mum - he had given them to her to pack. He got me tickets to Cirque Du Soliel, Glee dvd set and a SHARE in DISNEY! OMG! mg: to say I was excited was an understatement - how lucky am I?

We then opened our many many cards before our parents came to our room with their cards and we then went down for breakfast.

After breakfast we packed our bags for an early(ish) start on our way to Orlando with stopping on South Beach on the way.

South Beach...

Anne jogging on the beach

After our paddle, we headed straight up the turnpike and stopped once to stretch our legs, get a drink and have toilet break. Once we found the villa we typed in the code to get the key, turned the key in the lock and the happiness faded

Sy had been in touch with the villa owner and the management company was supposed to decorate the villa for our arrival (a surprise to me), the villa was dirty, marks all over the walls, squashed flies on the windows, cobwebs, dirty vents, marks on the sofas, ripped sofas, ripped bedding, dirty towels, dont EVEN get me started on the sliding doors, the dirt on the floor there was so thick I don't think it had ever been cleaned. The fly screen outside was ripped, the pool was cold (we paid for heating), the phone wouldn't work to call the management company. In the end we managed to get hold of the owner and he called the management company who came straight over. He brought us new towels and more hangers (as there was hardly any) and told us he thought there was a problem with the pool heating but someone was going to come and check it an fix it if it was broken. He also told us that he had been telling the owner it needed upgrading for a while but he cant go ahead without the owners consent, and he had had to beg the owner to let him paint 1 wall red and get new bedding in the master room. He also said he didnt think it was clean enough and would arrange for the cleaners to come in again and do it again. (Actually after they did come it looked absolutely no different other than the kitchen side was wiped down, the flies were still on the windows, the dirt on the walls etc).

Anyway after an awful couple of hours and deciding if we were going to stay or leave, we decided we would stay (at least for now) and get ready to go to our wishes cruise, we didnt want it to completely ruin our anniversary, but to say it didnt ruin it at all would be lying :cry: Sy told me that we had a limo picking us up that he had arranged as a suprise for me as I'd never been in one. He did say it was just for us and our parents were going to meet us there in the car, well I wouldn't have that lol! So told them that they were coming with us and we would get a cab back home

Once we got to the Poly we went out to the docks to find our boat - it was pretty easy to spot with anniversary balloons and banner! Our skipper (Chad I think his name was) came along and took our payment. I advised him that we were waiting for 2 more to join us - a couple we had met on another disney forum. We waited for 35 mins with us going up to couples asking who they were and if they were meeting us for a cruise, but eventually we had to get going or we would miss wishes

The wishes cruise was Out Of This World. It was amazing, the best view of the fireworks, the most amazing feeling of just us and them, like they were put on just for us! I would do it again in a heartbeat if I got the chance.

Magic Kingdom lit up

After the cruise we waited for a Disney bus to take us to DTD for our ADR at the Rainforest Cafe.

Our meal was fab, but we were all wilting and feeling very tired so after dinner we didnt really walk around DTD, we just headed for a cab and went back to the villa.

Not the day we wanted or as special as it should have been, but we were still happy.

Tomorrow, the villa gets worse, and we head to Universal!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Day 4,

Our first full day in Orlando.

We decided before we left the UK that our first full day in Orlando would be Universal studios, partly to work our way up to Disney and the fabness that it is, and partly as it has very few big rides so we could start our parents off gently.

We woke up fairly early and decided rather than wasting valuable park time going for breakfast somewhere, we would stop for McDonalds on the way. Well that was mistake number 1! It was awful, really really awful. And I felt bad as it was my suggestion as wed had a good breakfast there on our last trip. I don�t think anyone held it against me though : )

We came off the I4 a few exits early to drive along International Drive. For those of you who havent been before or have only been once, this is a must for our first day in Orlando, it feels like coming home to me, I cant think of another way better to describe it.

After we parked the car we headed straight to Universal. Our first ride was Shrek 4D which our parents loved! Then onto Twister, now I know its considered a rather out of date ride now but it was my first ride in Universal all those years ago so I hold it very dear to my heart. After 2 rides our parents were already tired out so we went to starbucks for an ice cold drink

Next ride was the Mummy, now my MIL wasnt sure about this ride and as far as I could remember, we didnt go very fast for very long, it was lots of stop and starts and watching things........ errrrrrm, I was wrong. We all went on it and the photo was extremely funny but I dont think MIL will ever believe that I didnt remember it properly! She did say later on that she would probably go on it again and try and keep her eyes open but I secretly think that was cause she knew we werent going back to universal in the daytime

Next was Disaster and then Jaws (hubbys favourite ride) and then off to find everyone, bar me, a corndog. DH, FIL and MIL loved them, my parents didnt like it all that much, and I dont eat them. Men In Black was next, I was very proud to have the highest score, though secrectly Im quite competitive, I like to hide it well. Then it was off to the Simpsons, DH, FIL, Mum & Dad went on while MIL and I sat it out, I felt really ill last time I went on it so there was no way I was getting on it and MIL thought that if it was that bad that I didnt want to go on, she wasnt going on either, I did try to tell her that its just cause I get motion sickness she didnt believe me - though I couldnt blame her after he Mummy incident! After the rest of the family came out we went to get some food and have a sit down. Then it was time for ET and Curious Georges playground (DH came off the worst!).

We then headed round to Terminator 2. While we were waiting I found a fab baseball cap for DH that said "last perfect man in the world" so I bought it for him while he sat down outside. T2 is definitely something that I could live without, in fact I find it REALLY boring but as we were with the ILs who had never been, we had to do it.

After that we headed to the car feeling very tired!

On the way home we went to Publix and bought all of the shopping we needed for the stay in the villa, ice cream, food for BBQs, salad, fruit platters etc etc. When we got to the villa it was dark and very warm inside and when I flipped the light switch, nothing happened!!!! We thought maybe there had been a power cut so went outside only to see all the power on in the houses near ours. As we had no phone in the villa (or it wasn�t switched on anyway) we tried knocking on doors to see if we could use someones phone to call the management company. We tried about 5 houses before someone answered and at first they really didnt want to let us use their phone. They were really nice but in fairness, we were strangers! They did let us call him but there was no answer, so we left a message asking him to come straight over and told him what had happened. He did call back after we had left and the lady came over to tell us that he was on his way. He arrived and his first words were lets get you out of here, he took us to the most amazing villa I have ever seen. We took as much of the food we could and a change of clothes etc for the morning, it was very difficult in the dark! In the end we couldnt BBQ as by the time we got to the other villa it was 10:30. So FIL and my dad went to Applebees to get take out, the food was amazing however I was so tired by this point I was in bed and didnt eat any.

As you can imagine, after the shock of the state of the villa the day before, to have no power the next day was just the final straw. We laughed about it to stop us from crying! The manager offered to get us another villa however we would have to try and get the money back from the villa we were supposed to be in, and tbh I didnt want to go through all that hassle and the thought of him possibly not giving us the money back put me off, I didnt want to have to fight him once we got home, plus we wanted to give him the chance to put it right rather than have to fight him to get the money back. We actually found out the next day that the power had been turned off intentionally by the power company!

So after a rather eventful evening we went to bed feeling very tired and a bit peeved!

Tomorrow, more villa hassle!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Day 5,

More Villa Hopping!

Woke up early and eager to find out what was going on with our villa. The management guy came round at 8:30 to tell us what the power company had said about having no power, apparently the power had been turned off by mistake! At least that meant it could be turned on again and we could move back in later that day once it was back on again. So we had to go to our villa and try to get all the bits we needed for that day at Islands Of Adventure and try to bring back as much of the fridge food that wasnt ruined overnight in the heat.

Once we finally got on the road after breakfast in the villa, we headed straight there, but by this point it was almost lunchtime which meant we had a very rushed day ahead!

We headed to the right and stopped for a drink on the way.

MIL Anne wasnt feeling very well at all, she was feeling really sick and faint which Im sure was due to the heat and the rushing around in the morning. We went to go on Poseidon's fury however as we got inside she had to go back outside and as we were right by the medical centre, they took her inside. They took her blood pressure and sugars but she was ok, she had a drink and a relax while we went off for an hour to give her a bit of space (on her insistence! We did leave FIL with her though).

We went to have a look around WWOHP, we didn't go on the new ride without Anne and Cliff, but we did go on flight of the hippogriff and Simon got a Butterbeer...

We then went to have some lunch and a sit down somewhere cool. MIL started to feel better and didn't want to go home so we walked round to do a few water rides. We loved Popeye's so much that we went on twice! We got rather wet.....

And then we went to Jurassic Park. By the time we did that we had to head out cause time was getting on. We did Spiderman on the way out and MIL said this was her favourite ride. Dh and I went on The Hulk as there was no queue, I'm not a massive fan of it but DH loves it so I went on with him on the proviso that he would come on Dr Doom with me he's never been on it before but he LOVED it! TeeHee!

We found time to pose for a few pictures on the way though....

After that we headed to the car, ready to pack up our things from the posh villa and head back to our old villa.

Once we got back and finished moving we decided to have BBQ with the food that we'd saved from the day before. Unfortunately it was Dark by the time we'd finished moving and BBQing in the dark, on uneven grass (we had to BBQ outside of the pool net) was a bit erm, fun! As well, we ate eventually

Dinner done, we practically fell into bed, completely shattered.

Tomorrow EPCOT, Yay!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

fizz13's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 5,787

ooh more more!!! a truly fab report, your DH and you are adorable the way you spoil each other, so cute :-)
sorry about all the villa drama you had and hope that the rest of the trip goes without a hitch.
can't wait to read it!
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Jets fan
DIS Veteran
Jets fan's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Windsor, Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,436

Really enjoying your trip report

Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #9
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!
jockey's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 7,492

Really enjoying your report
jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
DIS Veteran
PJB71's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 3,651

Really enjoying reading your report

Hope you got some sort of compensation of the villa owner for all the inconvience

Looking forward to reading more
Me DH DD (17) DD (14) DD (3)
PJB71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #11
DIS Veteran
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,717

Your reports have entertained me through lunch at work the past two days--great job of reporting, by the way--but I'll be needing the next installment tomorrow (or ASAP), please.
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #12
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Thanks everyone! Seeing as I'm snowed in I should make the most of it and write a couple more days today
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Day 9

Animal Kingdom

Woke up about 9am, had breakfast in the Villa and headed to Animal Kingdom! Sian and Bill weren’t sure about doing Animal Kingdom, they hadn’t done it before (Sian doesn’t like animals in captivity at all) but after a fair bit of persuasion from me they agreed to give it a ago

We had a look at the show times for Lion King and Finding Nemo and the Parade time so that we could plan our day around them. So we decided to head to Dinosaur first as Finding Nemo was first on the list. Anne wasn’t feeling it today so didn’t go on and Cliff stayed with her. We then went to see Finding Nemo. Sian said it was worth going to Animal kingdom just for that show – and she’d never seen the film! We then went round to see Lion King which is my personal Favourite in all of the parks. It didn’t disappoint! On the way round we stopped to do Its Tough to be a Bug.

Then it was time for lunch. We decided that we would head round to Yak and Yeti caf for some Chinese food, we were getting a bit sick of the typical burger type lunch. On the way we stopped to watch the band play

The food was to die for! We really enjoyed the food here, more so than any other park lunch.

We then went back on ourselves to go on the Safari which was fab. We saw loads of animals, I was worried as it was the middle of the day, they would all be sleeping and seeking shade but as it was out of season a bit they seemed all to be about, including an ostrich that was stood right next to the truck!

Then it was time to watch the parade There was a girl on the other side of the parade route that was rather erm, interesting! After watching her for a while I think she might have worked there and she was obviously with a guy who she was trying to cop off with and she was showing off and going very very OTT when the people came past on the parade, screaming, jumping up and down etc, very odd! I thought at first she might have been on something :S

After the parade had finished, we headed over to the River Rapids where we got rather wet! It was then time for Expedition Everest! We rode twice the last time we were the last train of the day. Anne didn’t like the look of it and I couldn’t persuade her to go on, though I think she would have liked it. So she waited for us and waved as we went round. The second time it was just me, Simon and Cliff, we sat at the front this time and it was worth it just for the view when you stop at the top – you could see for miles and miles!

After that, it was time to go back to the villa to get out of the wet clothes.

We decided to go to Manny’s for dinner…. The guy from our villa’s management company recommended it to us. We got fairly dressed up as we were told just how popular we called ahead and then went down. Oh. My. God. I did NOT feel comfortable in there. I don’t know what we were expecting but we weren’t expecting what we found! Our table wasn’t ready so we sat at the bar to get a drink. The barman left a little to be desired! I asked if they had a cocktail menu and was told no, it’s a bar, they stock everything and I should know what cocktail I want – and I wasn’t told in a very nice way either!! I told him I wouldn’t have a drink then, honestly I was nearly in tears, never been spoken to that like that in Orlando it was made even worse when we sat down and there was a cocktail menu in the main menu The food was okay as was the waitress but I wouldn’t go back there again.

Once we finished we went back to the villa. We sat by the pool for a while having a drink and a chat and then headed to bed.

Tomorrow – Hollywood Studios!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
Looking around
RobynPrincess's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 776

Day 12

Started the day off early as we have our second ADR of the holiday, Breakfast at Chef Mickeys! We got there, checked in and had our picture taken while waiting for our table.

Our first impressions were that it was VERY noisy. Our waiter was okay, he did look a bit like Barry Manilow in the plastic surgery and fake tan department. There was something quite odd about him, he didnt really listen to what we were saying and walked off half way through talking to us at one point. We headed up to get some food and to be honest we werent that impressed. Simon and Anne got their moneys worth for all of us with the smoked salmon but I had 3 Mickey waffles and that was about it. Certainly not worth the almost $200 it cost us including tip.

We got a couple of good pictures with the Characters, though they didnt want to hang around, some missed out our table completely

This is 1 pic DH HATES, I cant understand why hehehe

Overall, I wouldnt go there again which is a real shame as this is my favourite hotel, one that I would really like to stay in if I could ever afford it. We felt it wasnt good value for money, we would definitely do a character meet again but we would try somewhere different.

After breakfast we decided to go back to Islands of Adventure to do WWOHP as Anne missed out on this last time and we hadnt been on the new ride yet.

We all decided that we would try out the ride, even my mum who is terrified of spiders, I knew they were in there and had warned her about them, I was on the lookout and she was to close her eyes when I told her to.

We got to the non moving platform and Anne decided not to go on. Cliff waited with her while we went on (only 4 at a time). As it started I was almost squealing with delight, I am a massive Harry Potter fan! I was a little worried though as I get motion sickness and had read online that it can make some people who suffer quite unwell. I neednt have worried though as I was fine. We did however get stuck right in front of the dragon who was breathing out fire only it was warm steam, and we were there about 10/15 mins, so our legs were all damp and hot from it by the time we moved on. Once we got back Sian got off she didnt like being stuck, and Cliff got on and we rode again, but this time without it breaking down.

We saw some Hogwarts students singing on the way out

After that we headed to Jurassic park to ride again, but Anne didnt want to go on this either so she waited for the rest of us while we went on.

Anne then decided she did want to ride HP so we went back there but this time we went to the moving platform. Anne did then change her mind again and went back out once we were about to get on. The man on the ride asked DH Simon, if he needed a larger seat and Simon replied that he didnt know as he went on it earlier in the non moving platform and he just got on the one he was given. Unfortunately Bill and I had gone on ahead as there was supposed to be 5 of us so we didnt witness what happened next. . . . .

When we got off we waited for a while to Simon and his dad to come off, I was getting a little worried as they were getting on the ride after us and I did see them get off again. The man sitting them had been really nasty to Simon telling him he must have sat in the larger seat as there was no way he would fit in a normal seat!! :O To which Simon replied that he wasnt told it was a larger seat that he was in before. So they moved him and his dad onto a larger carriage and when securing him in the man said see, I can only just fit you into this one youre so big!! Now Simon is a big guy, he is overweight, there is no 2 ways about it, but what the man said to him wasnt very nice, and Simon said he said it in a nasty way too. Simon was really upset by this man and his attitude (and he was English!) and spent the rest of the day upset by him too. In fact, I actually made a complaint on the way out which there was no real apology for, they took our details and said they would let us know the outcome but they never did. This was once again a reminder that we were no longer in Disney.

Anyway, after HP the heavens opened, we got very wet walking to the nearest caf. We all sat down or about an hour with a warm drink. A couple of us actually fell asleep!

This was the view from one side of the lake to the other, in the pouring rain.

After an hour passed and the rain hadnt let up, we decided to buy some ponchos and head out and back to the car, all the rides were shut so seemed little point in hanging around! We decided to head to DTD to do a bit of shopping, we got soaked rubbing from the car to the shops but we did manage to get a few bits and pieces while we were there. I got my friend Kelly some Coffee that she liked I had looked in the shop in Magic Kingdom but they didnt have it there.

After about an hour or so, we headed back to the car and to the Villa to get changed. It was quite cold being in the airconditioned shops when you were soaking wet still.

We then decided that we would go to Outback for dinner as we had had such an amazing meal there before. It didnt disappoint! We had a fab meal again. We had pretty much the same thing as we had had last time as well. Plus a few cheeky cocktails

It was then time to go back to the villa. When we got back we went for a dip in the pool (now that we could finally use it!) and sat outside for a while just taking in the atmosphere, after all for our parents, it was nearing the end to their holiday. . . . .

Tomorrow, we split up! The boys (and Anne) go to Kennedy Space Centre and Sian and I go shopping!
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days
mark&sue's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London,England
Posts: 5,510

you are all managing to fit loads into your holiday. looking forward to reading more

Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote

trip report

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: