Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
rcq925
Mouseketeer

Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip

So as promised I am starting Hayley's trip report!! I will not have any of the photo pass pictures, but I have over 700 of my own!

If you would like to read the back story, please read the PTR linked in my signature before reading the TR!

Day 1- Saturday November 13th

We woke up very excited for the day to begin. We finished last minute packing and then got a visit from one our our Make A Wish volunteers, Karen. She made us some yummy chocolate chip cookies and some candy snack to have in the hotel and on the plane!! So sweet of her!

We then went out to late breakfast/lunch with Grandma and ran into our other Make A Wish Volunteer, Kathy, at the restaurant! How funny!

The limo arrived right on schedule at 1:00pm. It was a black limo and Hayley was hoping for a white limo, but once the kids got inside, she did not care about the color of the limo anymore! They were so excited. Grandma was there to see us off and several of our neighbors came out and took pictures and helped send us off!

We arrived in Indianapolis after a fast 2 hour drive in the limo! Our driver made great time and we got checked into our hotel near the airport for the night. I forgot to take pictures of the hotel room, it was nothing special, just a room. My sister and nephew came to visit and take us out to eat because we had no vehicle and no restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. I did take this picture in the hotel room.

We ate a nice dinner and then back to the hotel for an hour of vest and breathing treatments and were off to bed early! We had to be at the airport at 5am the next morning for our flight and the airport shuttle was leaving at 4:30am!

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
rcq925
Mouseketeer

Day 2- Sunday November 14th

Day 2- Sunday, November 14th

So the alarm went off at 3:30am Up we got and got all ready! We were SO EXCITED!! We hopped on the airport shuttle van with all 5 of our suitcases and all of our carryons, plus Hayley's vest, we must have looked like we were moving in!

Arrived at the airport and the driver dropped us off at the door right out side Air Tran. Bags were checked in with no problems and no line! Baggage fees were waived due to it being a Make A Wish Trip! (Saved us $85 each way!!)

We then made it to McDonald's in the airport and grabbed a quick bite to eat, we were hungry!! Then made our way through security. It was pretty uneventful, but we took up about 12 bins with all of our stuff going through! We had Hayley's vest and hubby's CPAP machine, a lot of meds, Nintendo DS's systems, MP3 players, cameras, ect. But we made it through!

We talked with a nice woman at our gate who offered to take a picture of all four of us!

We met so many nice people along the way, in lines or at the airport! Just friendly people everywhere!

The plane boarded and left on time and actually landed about 7 minutes early! Then it was time for our first ride, the tram at the Orlando airport!

We got off and out the door and found our Give Kids the World (GKTW) greeter right away! I totally forgot to write down her name, but she was very nice and from the United Kingdom with a really cool accent! She was fast and really trucking through the airport to the baggage claims, we were practically running to keep up with her

We waited for what seemed like FOREVER and finally collected all five of our suitcases. We then crossed the street, grabbed our white minivan, a booster seat and we were off! A quick pit stop at Wal-Mart by GKTW for some Pepsi products (does everyone in Florida only drink Coke?) We love Pepsi! And we loved Sea World because it was the only park we could get Pepsi prodcts! Also picked up a few snacks and some water and then we were off again for our 1 mile drive down the rode to GKTW!!!

Finally we saw this!

Then this!

Woo Hoo!!! We were FINALLY at Give Kids the World!!

Wow, it was so amazing! We quickly checked in, got our keys to the villa and were off to our home for the next week.

We stayed in villa 216, which was in the perfect location! Right next to the large new pool and splash pad and practically right across the street from the Gingerbread House on one side and Keaton's Corral (where they do the horseback riding on Wednesdays and Saturdays) on the other side.

Following are lots of pictures of the inside of our villa.

http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=IMG_5617.jpg

See next post as I could only post a certain amount of pictures in each post!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Keep up the great posts!

Sounds like a great trip! I look forward to following it al!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
rcq925
Mouseketeer

Continued ...

Short note, I loved this large stand up shower! Wish I had one at home!

So that is a short tour of our villa. I forgot to take pictgures of the treats on the table and in the fridge. But we did have goodies waiting for us in the villa. We basically unpacked all of our stuff and ordered some food from Katie's Kitchen for lunch. To be honest the food was not that good We do not have Boston Market in our city and had never had it before, needless to say, we were not impressed and this was the one and only time we ate a meal from Katie's Kitchen.

Coming up the rest of day two. Our exploration of GKTW, a short trip to Downtown Disney and dinner at T-Rex! We also received our first pixie dust!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Happy Dreams1
Where happy dreams and magic is just a castle away

Very great start! Im soo excited to read and see the rest of your trip report! You family is soo beautiful!

Mom Wanda(sis-22) Me- Claudia(17)(wish kid)

LOVE California...my home away from home:

My Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World 2011 :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791041
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Wahoo! Great start! I have to agree on the Boston Market thing..... if you hit it on a good day- it can be very yummy, but hit it on an off day, and you never wanna go back.

Love all the pics & can't wait to read more!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
Emilyswish
Mouseketeer

ooooh, great start.

I'll be following along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: