Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

A Darling Family Halloween Trip to Neverland (and Peter Pan Came Too)

We’re back from our trip and I’m ready to start another Darling Family Trip Report. Welcome back to old friends and I’m happy to make new friends too. First up are the introductions. These will be short and sweet. The Darling Family consists of me, Mrs. Darling though most people call me Jenny, my loving DH (who magically transforms into Peter Pan at Disney World), our 10 year old Wendy, 8 year old John and 6 year old Michael. To make things easy here is a shot of all of us together taken a few trips ago.

If you are interested in past trip reports just click on the dates and resorts in my siggie and that should take you there.

This trip was a quick one. We were in the world for 3 days and 2 nights. I would have loved to stay longer, but work calls and the kids are in school. We’re going down for a week in January for the Marathon events so we had to make this one short. This trip had its ups and its downs, but overall it was a great success. Jump on board and let the adventure to Neverland begin!

Day 1: Our Arrival
Heading out for the Night
Our First Photopass Shoot
Royalty Among Us Once Again
Our First Ride
More Photopass Pictures
A Visit to Pixie Hollow
The Party is in Full Swing
Chasing Hook and Watching Fireworks
A Not So Scary Parade

Day 2: The Morning After
The Animal Kingdom
Finishing up the Animal Kingdom
Kidani

Day 3: An AKV Morning
Duffy the Disney Bear
Le Cellier and Saying Goodbye

Last edited by dismagiclover; 02-02-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
burly
DIS Veteran

I am on board for another Darling TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Yay! Another Darling trip report!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
claryche
DIS Veteran

I'm here. Can't wait for the trip report, no matter how short.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!

Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 11-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Yeah, another TR of yours to read!

That lady must have been in a funny and spirited mood! She must have been heading to the happiest place on earth too!

Well, can't wait to hear all of the details about Mickey's Halloween party! I have been debating between going during halloween or Christmas for our next trip, so this will give me some insight on the halloween party. BTW, have you done the very merry Christmas party?

Can't wait!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I followed you over from my TR! Great intro and great arrival day! Can't wait for more!
Thanks for stopping by

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Love the lady at the airport. I have a met a Dis'er who loves to do that during photopass pics, so if you ever have one taken with a strange guy in the background doing something like that, I can point ya in the right direction.

We were just discussing people that run on vacation. I was explaining to them that people preparing for marathons really need to.

Where is Captain Hook's in the Poly, we tried to figure it out one night, but were too tired to really give it a try.

And wish there were pics of Shades of Green. We haven't stayed there yet, but hope to one day.

Very excited to see your costumes and hear about your experience at the party!
Captain Hook's is on the lower level of the Poly in a hallway off the lobby. It could be a bit tough to find if you didn't know where to look. Sorry no Shades of Green pictures. I think there are some on All Ears. It's pretty much just a standard hotel. It's nice, but nothing fancy. Though the rooms are really large. The location is great! It is a great deal for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Just finished your summer trip report...totally destroyed the decision that I had made to NOT go to WWOHP...now I have to convince myself again that it's not worth the 1 day admission price for this trip... But I loved reading about your trip. I can't wait til I have kids, I'll totally be the same not-a-grown-up kinda mom at Disney! :-)
Joining in for this next adventure!
WWOHP was incredibe. I think it's worth the admission price, but the crowds at Christmas could be crazy so I'd take that into consideration. And I think one of the greatest things about Disney World is we really don't have to grow up! Just like Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I'm here....I hadn't realized you started and what a great start it is. Can't wait to hear all about it
Thanks for coming by! I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Yah for another trip report!

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it
Thanks for coming over! This definitely won't be as long as the last report, but it should still be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
Yeah, another TR of yours to read!

That lady must have been in a funny and spirited mood! She must have been heading to the happiest place on earth too!

Well, can't wait to hear all of the details about Mickey's Halloween party! I have been debating between going during halloween or Christmas for our next trip, so this will give me some insight on the halloween party. BTW, have you done the very merry Christmas party?

Can't wait!
The airport lady really was fun! I've never been to the Christmas party so I can't compare. I did go to the Pirate and Princess Party and like the Halloween one better. It was just so fun to see everyone (the characters included) in costume. Plus my kids loved the trick or treating. The parade was also the best Disney parade I've seen.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
It's good to see you! How is marathon training going? I'm on schedule. My long run this week was 13 miles, next week is a down week and then I bump up to 15 miles. I'm getting scared, but excited at he same time!
I've been off to a rocky start b/c of my IT band injury. I ran a 1/2 marathon this morning - technically the course was certified at 13.4 miles instead of 13.1 miles - but eh? When you're running that many miles what's an extra few steps? I'm happy with my time today - really good time for me so I need to resubmit my time to Disney for January corral placement. Today's time is much better than my current time submitted when signing up. I'm glad you're on schedule. My training plan has me at 14 this next week-end and then two 16 milers back to back before I climb again. Are we still bus buddies marathon morning? Are you doing the race retreat tent?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #10
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Before I started reading your last post, I saw the lady in the picture and I thought "Wonder who she is? Must be someone in the family that I didn't remember going along with them." I bet she is a hoot to be around!

Glad to see that you guys arrived safe and sound and have already enjoyed the yummy goodness of Disney ice cream.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
I've been off to a rocky start b/c of my IT band injury. I ran a 1/2 marathon this morning - technically the course was certified at 13.4 miles instead of 13.1 miles - but eh? When you're running that many miles what's an extra few steps? I'm happy with my time today - really good time for me so I need to resubmit my time to Disney for January corral placement. Today's time is much better than my current time submitted when signing up. I'm glad you're on schedule. My training plan has me at 14 this next week-end and then two 16 milers back to back before I climb again. Are we still bus buddies marathon morning? Are you doing the race retreat tent?
Congrats on the race! Hopefully it will move you up a few corrals. I didn't submit a time so I'll be in the back. That's OK though because frankly that is where I belong Sounds like your plan is tougher than mine. I'm doing the Hal Higdon beginner and it is plenty for me I'm still planning on riding the bus together from the Boardwalk. I haven't signed up for the race retreat tent but could possibly be talked into it. Did you sign up? If I'm remembering right you did it last year (which ended up being a smart move.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Before I started reading your last post, I saw the lady in the picture and I thought "Wonder who she is? Must be someone in the family that I didn't remember going along with them." I bet she is a hoot to be around!

Glad to see that you guys arrived safe and sound and have already enjoyed the yummy goodness of Disney ice cream.
You gotta love someone that makes even the security line at the airport fun! Would love to hang out with her! We definitely started the trip out right!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #12
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I don't know how I missed this...going back to catch up!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #13
eksb327
Mouseketeer

The costumes are adorable! I've really enjoyed reading your previous trip reports, and am sure this one will be required reading, too!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #14
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Congrats on the race! Hopefully it will move you up a few corrals. I didn't submit a time so I'll be in the back. That's OK though because frankly that is where I belong Sounds like your plan is tougher than mine. I'm doing the Hal Higdon beginner and it is plenty for me I'm still planning on riding the bus together from the Boardwalk. I haven't signed up for the race retreat tent but could possibly be talked into it. Did you sign up? If I'm remembering right you did it last year (which ended up being a smart move.)
Cute costumes! MNSSHP is my favorite Disney party. I want to go back in October to do the party again, as well as F&W, but Oct is not a good month for me work-wise.

Race Retreat tent - I want but really, I need to spend that $100.00 on cab fare to IOA for the HP stuff. Harry Potter is more important than warmth before a race – right? I was very happy to have purchased it last year but I figure if I prepare with both hand and feet warmers and throw away garbage bags (and perhaps even a throw away blanket) I should survive without the tent. Right? Right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: