Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

The FrenchFry takes on the Caesar Salad - DREAM COME TRUE GOT TO MEET PODCAST TEAM!

Trip Report Title and brief introductions...
Introductions & London Part: See this post

Day 1: Arrival, DTD, Raglan Road & a disaster!
Day 2: Discovery Cove & DBF discovers Bud Light
Day 2: Discovery Cove Contd...A small point we overlooked...we're scared of fish!
Day 2: Contd...Titanic Exhibition and Torrential Rain!
Day 3: Car Drama resolved and a huge queue issue at Chef Mickey's!
Day 3: Contd...Arrival at Magic Kingdom
Day 3: MK Contd...new shoes and poncho's used!
Day 4: Hollywood Studio's for Rope Drop
Day 4: DHS Continued...lunch at Sci-Fi!
Day 4: DHS Part 3
Day 5: A change of plans: Shopping, World Cup & Sea World
Day 6: Banjaxed at Busch Gardens...mood improved at Maggiano's!
Day 7: Epcot...aiming for ropedrop...arriving at noon!
Day 7: Epcot Contd...Around the World in 80 minutes, ending in Le Cellier!
Day 8: Kennedy Space Centre & Citywalk on a Saturday Night
Day 8: City Walk Contd: a messy ending
Day 9: Rainforest Cafe and Pirate's Cove mini golf!
Disney Purchases always cheer me up!
Day 10: Shopping, the shortest trip to W'n'W, The Outback and souveneirs
Life update: My sisters and me!
Day 11: Animal Kingdom: Part 1
Day 11: Animal Kingdom: Part 2, and the unexpected highlight of DBF's trip!
Day 12: Checking in at Hard Rock, WWOHP and Islands of Adventure
Day 12: Contd Hard Rock Double Dip!
Day 13: WWoHP WOW!!!
DISNEY GIFTS
Day 13 Contd: Water rides and Universal Studios
London podcast meet...totally cool!

Me: 23 year old Disney, Florida and general USA Lover who dreams about Disney constantly. I am the french fry in this story.

DBF: 32 year old Disney first timer who thoroughly enjoyed our holiday but I hesitate to say fell in love with Disney due to our packed schedule of 9 theme parks, 2 outlet malls the florida mall and kennedy space centre in 2 very short weeks. He is the caesar salad!

If anyone wants to check out the pre trip report for more background, click here

But now, on with the fun stuff!!!

Our trip began on a friday evening...as DBF was off work he was to finish the packing of last minute bits and pieces and come and collect me straight from work to go to the airport. Despite arriving twenty minutes late to pick me up we were off on holiday and nana and mum who drove us to the airport told me to not panic and just relax and enjoy our evening. but as the saying goes bad luck comes in 3's...

We checked in for our flight to London and made our way to security when DBF got pulled over by a security guard who confiscated all his toiletries from DBF's carry on bag...I stood on in shock at DBF's lack of wit!!! annoying incident number 2 was also slightly funny so we tried to make a joke of it as we moved on through into duty free minus all DBF's newly purchased that day toiletries!

Our flight to London was unremarkable, we got a transfer bus and arrived at our hotel around half 9 and despite a busy lobby quickly got out room on the top floor at the very farthest point away from reception but it was grand..

here's a shot of the room before

and after DBF decided he had to test it out!

Next morning we were up bright and early for our trip to London...back to the airport we trooped and got the express train into London's Victoria Station, tickets and a drink of Ribena each cost us £60, the minute we got off the train i gobbled a krispy kreme doughnut (not available in ireland...both a curse and a blessing in disguise ) Our next stop was booking tickets on a double decker tour bus and also express tickets for the London Dungeons...£98! Our Wallet was losing weight fast!

First Stop was...

Harrods!!! We enjoyed looking at all the lovely items we couln't afford! although I did make a mental note to save hard for a lulu guiness handbag, they were beautiful!

Next we continued on the tour of London, enjoying the lovely weather and the tour guides information...a few sights along the way...

We finally got off at the London Dungeon and got to skip the long queue...upon entering the dark reception area a sense of grim foreboding began to creep over me...I could hear the screams coming from the door where the young employee was trying to usher us and quietly asked her...

'Is there a nervous button I could wear?'

Ensue much merriment from said lady and DBF at my request for a badge to let people know what a scaredy cat I am! I have no photots from this part of the day owing to my heart being in my mouth the entire time! DBF was picked to take part in 2 cameo roles which was funny and memorable and although I enjoyed this and the historical narrative parts...I literally felt sick from the combined fear of the dark, the scary actors and the unexpected bangs shouts yells and screams that happened for the 2.5 hours we were in there!

a memorable experience but one i will never choose to experience again!

Our last trip on the bus dropped us off outside this little house...

any ideas where we are???

We had hoped to find a nice spot for dinner before heading back to the airport and then our hotel for the night but maybe because we were getting tired we couldn't really agree on a place we both liked and eventually settled on Garfunkel's near the train station...BOO! Nothing terrible but a vey bland meal...we were pretty exhausted by this stage though...

my mum always says she can tell when i'm too tired because my left eye goes a bit droopy! easy to spot here

but we were both enjoying sitting down and talking about our plans for the next morning! and decided we would set 2 alarm clocks and a wake up call to make triply sure we didn't sleep in!

Last edited by irishdancer86; 09-26-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Awww, you guys are so cute I'm in, though!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

YAY!!! I'm sooo excited that you started your TR FINALLY!! And for some reason, you look NOTHING like the image I had of you in my mind! If I DID run into you in WDW, I would have walked right by! I guess I've only seen one of two pics of you from your PTR/avatar and got this image that is actually nothing like the real you in these pics! Your DBF on the other hand, looks exactly the same as the previous pictures you posted of him!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Sounds like a fun/tiring day in London!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Awww, you guys are so cute I'm in, though!

Thanks for coming by! The first post took me about 3 hours, had to join photobucket then figure out how to individiually resize all my photo's but I perservered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
YAY!!! I'm sooo excited that you started your TR FINALLY!! And for some reason, you look NOTHING like the image I had of you in my mind! If I DID run into you in WDW, I would have walked right by! I guess I've only seen one of two pics of you from your PTR/avatar and got this image that is actually nothing like the real you in these pics! Your DBF on the other hand, looks exactly the same as the previous pictures you posted of him!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Sounds like a fun/tiring day in London!
Hi Nikki! So glad you came by! London was great but a busy start to the vacation!

The only potos of me I like are after I've spent 3 hours doing tan hair and makeup fake eyelashes and hair extensions! those are the ones I posted on my pre trippie and thats still how I look on saturday nights!
but had to be brave for the sake of really wanting to do a trip report and post pictures of my au naturale style! and also got my hair dyed darker just before the holiday! big mistake! back to blond again now!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Just went back to the first page of your PTR...the curly, blonde hair is what threw me off most, I think! Either way, you still look great!!

Can't wait to hear more about how DBF felt about WDW!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Joining in popcorn:

Looks like you had a fab time in London, sans the wobbly start. Love that your first mission in London was Krispy Kreme

I am totally there with you on the London Dungeons part, that place is so dark and scary Did you go on the Jack the Ripper trail? Is it still there?

Looking forward to reading more
Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Oh poodiddly!!! I didn't know you had started yet!!

well, sweet girl....I am here now!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Okay, caught up now!! I have always wanted to go to London!!! Oh, and the London Dungeons too!! lol

Wow...Discovery Cove looks awesome!!! That is also on my list of to-do things! Once Hannah gets old enough to do it, or at least we will let Hollie do it since she is our little swimmer!

Oh, oh, oh...I know where your going next!!! One of my most favorite places ever from one of my most favorite movies!!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far, such bad luck at the start though. I completely understand your dislike of fish. Luckily when we go to DC next year l'll have my DD to look afer so will paddle with them but that's as far as l'll go. Kids are great for excuses!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

My 1st trip report, Sept 2011!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820408
Old 11-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Nice to see your photos of Discovery Cove.. I've never been there - I'm also not a great swimmer & would worry about the rays! .. I've told DF I'll go snorkelling with him on our honeymoon - I'm going to have to be brave!

I love Mountain Dew too! never realised it was full of caffeine until recently though.. they've started selling it in England now but it's called "Mountain Dew Energy" ?! lol

Emma x
Old 11-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Oh OH....I know where that last picture is...

Titanic Exhibition!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Just read your TR and am joining in!
First off, I think your outfits for the trip are soooooo cute! I hope to dress up a little bit more for our upcoming trip than I did last time (granted, I was pregnant and uncomfortable ).
So sorry to hear about the hangover. I don't get them too often, but when I do it's like a little reminder as to why I don't drink that much
And I'm glad you guys were able to have a good day even if you didn't follow the original plans.
Can't wait to read more!!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Hi there! Just read your TR and am joining in!
First off, I think your outfits for the trip are soooooo cute! I hope to dress up a little bit more for our upcoming trip than I did last time (granted, I was pregnant and uncomfortable ).
So sorry to hear about the hangover. I don't get them too often, but when I do it's like a little reminder as to why I don't drink that much
And I'm glad you guys were able to have a good day even if you didn't follow the original plans.
Can't wait to read more!!

glad you liked the outfits, I loved planning what to wear for the trip! and have became really obsessed with disney clothing!

You looked really good in all your photo's, I wouldn't have guessed you were pregnant at all! and i really admire that you were able to go to the gym in Disney...DBF is insisting that we do exercise on holiday this year as its the middle of his hurling season and he doesn't want to lose any fitness whilst we're away, bad me is thinking does climbing the stairs to the slide/walking to the bar etc count as exercising?!

I repent of that hangover now, it was a bit of a wasted day, but at the same time I supposse we enjoyed it at the time and DBF was so glad to get to watch the world cup final
!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

My trip report has stalled a little, we had a terrible tragedy within our community, a man died in a plane crash aged 39, I teach his daughters (3&5) Irish dancing and his mum was our babysitter when we were little...so with all that sadness, DBF's birthday, wisdom teeth and abcesses for me, as well as a locational promotion in work (=more responsibility, no pay rise) I've been too preoccupied for dis...

I thought a good way to start things back up is share some of the purchases that I've made in the past few weeks, these are kinda for my mum's upcoming trip in May, and kinda for my next as yet unknown trip...

The above t shirts are both from Primark and were £8 each, the below one is Asda and is £6, the final t shirt was a christmas present from my aunt, who also got me the mac 'disney villains evil queen from snow white' lipgloss!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I love your new shirts. The 1st two are my favorite & so cute!

I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad, I feel so bad for his two daughters. My prayers tonight will be for those little girls. It's good they have you for their dance teacher to show them some extra love.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: