Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Not exactly the way it all began- Sept.2010 TR

Hi and welcome to my September 21-29, 2010 Grand Gathering trip report!! I'm glad you're here!! For those who don't know me, I'm Kristen, a 37 year old Disney addict, part time Realtor and stay at home Mommy to 3 beautiful boys! This was our families third trip to the world, my 8 or 9th trip, but our second Grand Gathering with our best friends!

Let me introduce the rest of the gang.....

My husband, Todd, he is 35 and this was his 4th trip, his 1st was our honeymoon in 2000, he likes Disney and is okay supporting my addiction and spending our family vacations at the World.

This vacation week was our 10 year wedding anniversary! We honeymooned at WDW, so it was only appropriate for us to go back! Here are a couple of pics from our honeymoon!

Here is a more recent pic of us, this was at a friends wedding this past August, so you know what we look like now and aren't in shock when you see the more recent pics on how much we have aged since our honeymoon!

Here are our boys, our Disney addicts in training.....
Lucas (5), Ethan (7) and Cole (3)

Here are are a few more details: we were flying from Boston 9/21, staying at PORS (where we honeymooned 10 years earlier when it was Dixie Landings), on the dining plan and meeting our best friends on the 22nd. Here is a picture of all of us from our last Grand Gathering from December of 2008, our most favorite trip ever!

Tracey, Adam, Hailey, Zach and Emmi would be joining us from Philadelphia, since we live in MA, we only get to see them a couple of times a year, our families are close the kids call us "Aunt and Uncle" and the kids consider each other cousins, so we couldn't wait to see them and get to spend a whole week playing with them at WDW!

Day one coming up soon!

Glad you are here!!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Intro-- you are here!

Traveling day 9/21
....still traveling
We're finally there!!
Day of RNR!
Together again!
HDDR!
Our 1st Real Day 9/23
CM
CM continued....
Happy Anniversary!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 10-29-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

If you're interested, here is the link to my PTR for this trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2527244
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

I'm HERE!!!!!! And first Wooo hooo!!!! Probably won't be around too much untl I get back though. Can't wait!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
I'm HERE!!!!!! And first Wooo hooo!!!! Probably won't be around too much untl I get back though. Can't wait!
SO glad you're here!!! I can't believe how close your trip is....YAY!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Lovin it so far! What is that Mickey toyon the left side of the picture from bags?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksunshine View Post
Lovin it so far! What is that Mickey toyon the left side of the picture from bags?
Thanks Alicia!! Oh! They were little Mickey fans we bought at the Disney store...they are so cute but we never used them while we were there! Completely forgot!! LOL! oops!!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Traveling day

So day 1 is our traveling day, it was a "normal" day for us, we had a night flight scheduled so everyone went about their business while I ran around like a maniac. Todd went to work in Boston, the boys all had school, Ethan goes full day, Lucas is in 1/2 day Kindergarten and Cole goes to preschool or 2.5 hours. So basically I had 2.5 hours to get most everything done before juggling the kids and the last minute things. We packed the minivan the night before, I just had the last minute essentials/carry ons that needed to be packed, had to bring the dog to my parents, about 45 minutes away, make sure the house was in order, get the key to the cat sitter, and tie up any last minute work things before heading out for the week.

I picked Ethan up at school about 3:15 p.m. and headed right to Boston to pick Todd up from work. The boys were SO excited (and so was MOMMY!!)!! I did hit some traffic heading into the city but it moved quickly and before we knew it, all of 5 of us were ready to start our vacation adventure!! We headed to the Park n' Shuttle which took us right to Logan. We got there about 5 or so, had no issues checking our bags and moved pretty quickly through security. Our flight was for 8:15 p.m. so we had plenty of time to grab a bite to eat and settle in some before boarding the plane. We stopped at "Johnny Rockets" where Todd and I had a quick cheeseburger and the boys all had hot dogs....$35 later, we had enough to get us by.

After a quick potty break, we headed towards our gate, it was about 6:45 p.m at this time, we realized there was a 7:30 flight our to Orlando, so Todd inquired if there was any room, no such luck, we had to wait until 8:15 p.m. It was worth a try!

The boys were pretty ansy, we were pretty tired and knew we had a loooong night ahead of us, yet. Here are a couple of pics of us waiting! Can you tell how excited we were or what?!!

Todd & the boys

and me and my boys!

We pulled out the boys Disney Mixsticks in hopes they'd chill for a bit...that didn't last long! It did give Todd and I a chance to catch our breath!

Lucas

Ethan

and Cole

Finally our plane arrived at our gate, the kids were so excited to see it! Our view:

At this point we had more time to wait, I had to pull our the "goody bags" to entertain the kids, they were getting wild. I didn't take a pic of giving them to them, but here was what I packed for them:

Before too much longer, it was time to board! We were on our way...FINALLY!!!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta go back and read!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, all caught up now! And yay, you have arrived!!!!! How AWFUL about having to wait so long on the ME and then having to drag all that stuff, and the tired kiddos around the resort. I am VERY surprised they didn't offer help! I'm with ya, after all that I would have been getting frustrated and cranky too!

But that Mickey welcoming you.... I sure hope your room is easier to find in the DAYLIGHT though!

(also glad you were able to carve out some DIS time! I hope things fall into a routine for you again!)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

So jealous you got to stay at POR...that is one of my FAVORITES and I have great memories of it when we were only a family of 5 . I just love the atmosphere of the resort...and boat to DTD!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Edit because I am silly!

I finally started my PTR.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2623536

Last edited by TinyDancer; 01-09-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!
I entered Cole into the Disney junior contest, i'd love for you to vote for him!!! You can vote everyday!

Thanks!!

http://family.go.com/disneyjr-contes...aby-boy-43599/

Uploading to photobucket to get this party started again!!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi guys!
I entered Cole into the Disney junior contest, i'd love for you to vote for him!!! You can vote everyday!

Thanks!!

http://family.go.com/disneyjr-contes...aby-boy-43599/

Uploading to photobucket to get this party started again!!
I voted!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I voted!
Thanks Amy!!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys!

I don't know about you but I'm happy that the holidays are over and life is back to normal, don't get me wrong, I LOVE and cherish the holidays, but there is something to be said about routine in my world! Especially with kiddos!

We had a fabulous Christmas surrounded by family and friends. Lucas turned 6 on Christmas morning, we did have a seperate birthday party the week before, and we ended up having a very quiet NYE, hours before getting together with our 4 couple friends and their children, two families had sick kids, so we ended up at home with a fire and nice meal, just the 5 of us.

In other news, I have received my 1st PIN code ever from Disney! I am BEYOND excited! I actually talked Todd into getting a quote for late February (the boys have February vacation from school) and got a nice quote for PORS again but the airfare was UNREAL! It was $700+ each! Forget about it and then I even said, maybe we could drive, which I said I would NEVER do....but that's a no go now, too. Hmmmm It's still out there and I'd like to see if we could somehow make it work but not sure it will happen this year for us.

I hope all of your holidays where nice and that you're all well! My plan is to get this back up and running and relive our fabulous trip with you all this week! Stay tuned and thanks for being patient with me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: