Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Juli & Wayne ~ WP/WH 11/1/12: Our day was a fairytale... recap started!

I wasn't going to put a PJ on the DIS but but but... here I am. There are still two years until our wedding and right now, nothing is settled but our colors.

The short version of who we are goes like this:
My name is Juli and I'm 34 years old (gulp) and this will be my second wedding. I have two gorgeous, brilliant little boys-- Andy (6) and Joey (4). My fiance is Wayne, and he is also 34 and this will also be his second wedding. Wayne was actually born eight months to the day after me. He has two adorable kids-- a daughter named Lexi (6) and a son, Nathan (3).

I am currently a stay-at-home mom but I'm job searching (fruitlessly so far) and hoping to re-start my pre-child career. I have a Communications degree from Northwestern University, just outside Chicago. I scrapbook and craft. I love college football even though my team is never on the polls. I've been a Disney nut all of my life. My first trip to WDW was in 1979. I am a Disney stockholder.

Wayne is a technological smartypants. He works for the Commonwealth of PA doing something in IT that I don't quite understand. He lives and breathes football especially the Atlanta Falcons. We have a pair of season tickets. In Atlanta. We live in Pennsylvania. He is the best person I've ever known and an amazing father. Not only to his own children, but to mine as well.

We got engaged on a surprise stopover in Orlando on our way to a football game in Atlanta on September 17th.

I think I've settled on a color/theme/approach but with so much time, I can't guarantee that any of this is final. That said, with this wedding being a blending of families, I want to keep all of the kids involved. I think the both of us will walk down the aisle with our children and the sand ceremony will be the six of us. We want this to be a very Disney wedding, a Mickey Mouse affair if you will. Our approach will be very light-hearted, whimisical and vaguely retro. Red and white polka dots. A little black here and there. Red roses.

Here's an inspiration board I put together from stuff I've collected around the web. I'm sure some pictures will be recognized!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal

Last edited by CityGirlLost; 11-15-2012 at 03:32 PM.
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Here's my gorgeous ring, that I absolutely love. It's weeks after Wayne proposed and I'm still looking down at it, watching it catch light in all different ways.

A little something cutesy about the ring: it has four "arms"-- one for each of our kids. Two arms have 6 diamonds, and two have 4 diamonds-- the ages of our kids, right now.

This is the ring Wayne really likes, but he doesn't want stones that go all the way around. Just on top.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Last week we had our engagement pictures done at the Reading Pagoda by an old friend of mine from college, Rachael Michael of Metropolitan Imageworks.

We need to decide between these two for our Save the Dates

Other shots we really liked:

Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I love your engagement photos! Especially the first one with your names on the mickey ears! and The one with the glowing pagoda is SO neat!!!

Congrats on your engagement; can't wait to read more!!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to see that you're doing a PJ over here as well! I really like the first picture for the save the dates!

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Your engagement photos are *really* nice. If you want opinions, I vote for the first one for your S-T-D's, but my very favorite is the black & white photo. That one is just beautiful!!

Looking forward to reading more!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Oh you haven't heard my plan.....I'm going to try to be bumped when I fly in August so I will have another airline ticket to use. Then Tim's cousin and I will head down and visit her cousin who works for Wdw. Lol. Sneaky huh? I'll have my annual pass too.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Btw can you believe I have known you for over 19 yrs now? Amy's biryhday reminded me of decorating the lounge all those years ago!!!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

That is a sneaky plan!!! I hope it works.

Holy cow, when did we get so old?

Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Or check out the Disney store for a snow globe. Ya know so it will look like a dream and all.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

I've been working as a temp since mid-March, filling in for someone on maternity leave. The agency through which I got the job kept telling me that the company frequently hires temps on full time. So I committed to 12 weeks and it's been 17 as of today. Almost a month ago, I applied for a full time position and my interviews went great. I was told that it was between me and an outside candidate. The VP I worked with and several other staff members gave me glowing recommendations.

Today I found out I didn't get it.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Bummer! You must be so disappointed!! I am sorry that happened!

Good luck with the job search!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Thanks Brooke! I have faith that things will work out!

Guess what I did today? I made the ribbon wands!!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Big hugs!!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

I never did finish our TR, did I?

Well, as we were strolling through Fantasyland, we decided that we were hungry for dinner. It was about 5 pm and we really wanted to go to Ohana. We decided to try just showing up at the podium and seeing if we could get a table.

Yeah, it didn't happen for us this time. We were already at the Poly and could see lots of empty tables at Kona so we decided to eat there. For dinner. So weird!

Here's Wayne as we sat in the Tambu Lounge waiting for a table.

We started with the sticky wings and pot stickers

Dinner for me was a glorified House Special Lo Mein. I forget what they called it but that's essentially what it was. It was tasty but nothing special.

Wayne had the Shrimp and Scallops and that's all it was: breaded shrimp and scallops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: