Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Trip Report: * Christmas with Mickey 2010 * "The Surreal Trip!" w/lots of pictures!

"We're going to Disney World for Christmas!", that is what we told our children four months ago.

Never in all my wildest dreams did I think I would be planning a trip to Walt Disney World for Christmas THIS year! We will be waking up Christmas morning at the place "Where Dreams Come True"!!!!! Can you tell I'm a wee bit excited about this?!?!?!?!

OUR WDW HISTORY
Bill and I never went to Walt Disney World as children. You could say, we didn't have "Disney Parents". Bill and I always thought Walt Disney World was for people with children. So, we never went before we had children. Our first visit was back in 2004. It was a quick trip. We were visiting my Dad at his winter home in Florida for Thanksgiving and thought since we were in the area, let's take the kids to Disney World. They were 4 and 2 at the time, Cole (DS5) wasn't even an idea at that time! We went without any plans or any pre-trip research. We booked the hotel and just showed up. Our first WDW resort was the Caribbean Beach resort. It is cute and reminded us of our honeymoon in the Bahamas. We only made it to two parks that trip, The Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios back then). We had an amazing trip. I finally got to see Cinderella Castle in person. I think I was more excited than the kids though. But to be honest, the "magic" didn't hit us that trip. I wasn't online as soon as we got home planning a way to get back to WDW. The magic hit us on our second trip to WDW.

Every year, Bill and I take turns planning our Anniversary celebration. His turn always falls on the milestone Anniversaries. For our Tenth Anniversary, Bill surprised me and booked us on a Disney cruise and stay at the Beach Club resort. He knew whatever we did, I wanted to include the children because Cole was still so little. We had a great and romantic cruise taking full advantage of the kid clubs and Flounder's (babysitting for babies). Our stay at the Beach Club was nothing short of perfect. Being so close to Epcot, we finally experienced Epcot. To my surprise, the whole family enjoyed the park. I had always thought Epcot was just for adults. Well, we quickly found out that it's not just for adults. My kids love Epcot! During that trip, we saw our first IllumiNations and I was hooked. I looked over at my family ... no cell phones, no screaming kids ... just a family spending some quality time together. Thank you Walt! Since then, if we're not at WDW, just getting back from WDW, I am planning our next trip to WDW. I can't get enough. Each trip is a different experience. As the children get older, they want to do more attractions. There are many, many more magical years ahead at Walt Disney World for this family. I can't wait!

We've been to WDW numerous times (16 trips and counting). The past few years we have been at WDW for the week of Thanksgiving and the week after. So, returning for Christmas just didn't work out (money and vacation time for DH (Bill) ). Plus, we have been "obligated" to take part in the extended families' holiday festivities.

AN EPIPHANY
This past Christmas Eve, it started to snow lightly during the daytime. We live near Dallas, Texas. So, this was a BIG deal. As the day went on the snow kept falling and got heavier. We had plans to drive to Bill's sister's house which is about 40 minutes away for Christmas Eve dinner with his family. Bill is the "baby" of eight children. So, with children, grandchildren and great grandchildren there would be well over 50 people at the gathering. It was such a winter wonderland outside. We wanted to play. But, I had to make my annual Christmas Eve lasagna (they don't let us in the house Christmas Eve unless I bring my lasagna. ) and we had to get the kids bathed and ready. So, no time for a snowball fight just yet. However, it didn't stop Bill from pelting me with a snowball on my way to the minivan. He's a jokester! We hopped into the minivan on our way and the roads were icy and the snow was well over a foot by now. After sliding a few exits, Bill and I looked at each other and no words were needed, he got off at the next exit and headed back home. Bill made the call to let his sister know we tried but wouldn't be making it. We knew the roads would only get worse as the temperature dropped. So, back home we headed with dinner already made! With Bill driving home very slowly, we made it home safely. Once inside our warm and toasty house, we stripped off our "fancy" clothes and put on some snow playing clothes. Bill is from Texas and has never had a white Christmas Eve or Christmas. So, this was a big deal for him. I have lived in Texas for sixteen years, but I am originally from Massachusetts. I have seen plenty of snow in my past. It was fun to see my BIG kid get excited about the snow. After the first annual Taylor Christmas Eve snowball fight, we headed back inside to get into some dry clothes and to enjoy the lasagna.

It was such a nice laid-back evening with dinner and relaxing as opposed to the usual chaos of Christmas Eve at the in-laws. After dinner, as Bill and I were sitting on the couch watching the movie marathon of A Christmas Story (we love this movie!), we started to discuss going away for Christmas next year. We are always letting family dictate our holidays. For once, we were doing something for ourselves and going away for Christmas next year.

Now where ... we threw around the ideas of Colorado or New Mexico so we could have another White Christmas. So, those were the front runners.

Then, Bill and I went on an Adventures by Disney trip this past April with the DISUnplugged Podcast Crew and fellow DISers. Many of the DISers were booked on the Podcast Cruise 2.0 in December. Over the duration of the ABD Tour numerous people asked if we were going on the cruise too. At the time, we were not booked. After traveling with so many great people, we wanted to travel with them again. So once we got home after the ABD trip, Bill booked us on the Podcast Cruise. The dates for the cruise are December 12 - 16, 2010.

CHRISTMAS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Looking at the calendar, disembarkation was a little more than a week from Christmas. We were already there, might as well stay for Christmas too. Bill loves Disney and Walt Disney World just as much as I do. So, it didn't take too much convincing to extend our stay. However, we were out of DVC points for the year after our pre and post cruise stays at WDW. We didn't have enough points to stay through Christmas. So, we were going to pay out-of-pocket to stay at the Dolphin for Chrismas Eve through Monday (December 27th). I love the location (easy access to Epcot and DHS) and we will be at the Boardwalk Villas the days leading up to Christmas Eve. A few weeks ago, Bill was talking with a co-worker that is also a DVC Member. His co-worker was planning on selling some points on the re-sale market because he didn't need them. He was at the point of use them or lose them. So, Bill surprised me and bought some points to keep us at the BWV through Christmas. It was a nice surprise. Also, I am thankful I don't have to pack everything up on Christmas Eve and move hotels. Only downside is that is was expensive and we will be departing WDW on Sunday and not Monday. That was something I was willing to give up. Monday would have been a lost day anyways, because we are going to visit my Dad in Daytona Beach (winter home).

And that is how we have come to this point of planning a Christmas trip to Walt Disney World.

To me, planning is half the fun. I get excited when we get our desired ADRs and I have fun planning which park for which day. I don't use a touring plan site or a tour guide site, I use our past WDW trips as learning tools for upcoming trip. We have been known to go off the itinerary and go with the flow of the day too. But, a "guideline" is nice to have especially during peak times at WDW.

Let the planning begin ...

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 12-31-2010 at 02:09 PM.
TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
TheTXTaylors5

Cast of Travelers

I will start by giving you an introduction to our Cast of Travelers:

Bill
DH 41- Hard working IT Manager. Our WDW trips are his "escape" from the fast-paced high stress environment of work.
Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Expedition Everest (DAK)
Favorite Disney Character: Donald Duck (Mischievous, but has a good heart.)

&

Jennifer
Me 38- SAHM and self-proclaimed Disney nut.
Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (DHS) (In the name of all that rocks. Hit it dude! - Stacy)
Favorite Disney Character: Snow White (Brunettes need to stick together!)

Will
DS10
: As he gets older, he gets more adventurous. Bill and I no longer have to ride RNR and EE alone.
Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Haunted Mansion (MK)
Favorite Disney Character: Pluto (Boy's best friend. Who doesn't love Pluto?)

Emily
DD8
: She is our girly girl. But, still a wild child at heart and up for some of the more adventurous rides at WDW now.
Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Test Track (Epcot)
Favorite Disney Character: Figuero (cat from Pinocchio)

Cole
DS5
: He is like most boys his age, he loves anything related to Cars or Toy Story. With each new WDW trip, he is "willing" to ride more rides.
Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (MK)
Favorite Disney/Pixar Character: Buzz Lightyear

Sandy
DM 60 something
(w/DS5): This will be her first trip to WDW with our family. She has been to WDW two times in the past with my now deceased Step-Father. She is excited to visit with the Grandchildren. She doesn't ride rollercoasters. So, she will be help out watching Cole while we get to enjoy the thrill rides with Will and Emily.
Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Cinderella's Golden Carrousel (MK) (recently renamed Prince Charming Regal Carrousel)
Favorite Disney Character: Minnie Mouse

My Mom, Sandy, will be with us on the cruise and few days at WDW post cruise. She will not be staying for Christmas.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 10-18-2010 at 01:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
TheTXTaylors5

Getting there is half the fun ...

Getting to Florida
Getting there is half the fun! We are driving from Texas to Florida. We've made the trek so many times, I have joked with Bill that we need a Sunpass (FL tollroad pass). We've made this trip at least two times a year for the past four years. We had a few glitches with our GPS on our way to WDW this past February. Bill has made the drive so many times, he honestly didn't need the GPS thank goodness. We will be taking a new vehicle with us on this trip. This week, we finally retired my trusty Honda Odyssey. She took us back and forth to Florida eleven times, made the trip to Disneyland California and Pennsylvania this past summer for the DIS Meet at Hershey Park. We traded her in for a Toyota Sequoia. It will be weird not having the minivan for trips. At least there is enough room in the Sequoia to separate the kids for the trip. They can have their own space.

We are a family of five. So, it is more economical to drive than fly. Also, we like the flexibility of having our own vehicle while at WDW. We've flown a couple of times and it was weird not having our own car. We like to go off property to buy groceries and sometimes to dine. We are doing a Disney Cruise Line cruise this trip. We had a bit of a mix-up after our last cruise. We waited and waited and waited for our car service. They never showed up. Finally after we called a few times, we got a vehicle to take us to our WDW resort. This time, we will park our vehicle at Port Canaveral. It will be waiting for us when we disembark. Also, when we did the car service after the cruise, we had them stop at a grocery store on the way to WDW. Bill ran in and had a certain amount of time to get our groceries. It was like the game show "Supermarket Sweep". The clock was ticking ... Never again!

Jennifer

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 12-08-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
TheTXTaylors5

Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to planning we go ...

I have tweaked our itinerary, made ADRs, canceled ADRs, booked Candlelight Processional Packages and canceled Candlelight Processional Packages.

Here's our "current" itinerary (updated 12/8/10):

Friday (12/10)
Depart Home
Stay at a hotel along the way.

Saturday (12/11)
Depart Hotel
Arrive at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House

Head Off Property
Special Event: Drop off donations at Give Kids the World Village

(PM)
Park: Epcot
ADR: Biergarten (Candlelight Processional Package) (Dinner)
Special Event: Candlelight Processional - Whoopi Goldberg is the narrator.

Sunday (12/12)
ADR: Boma (Breakfast)
Depart AKV
Arrive at Port Canaveral to embark the Disney Wonder (Disney Cruise Line) for the DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise 2.0

Monday (12/13)
Port: Nassau, Bahamas
Dining Reservation: Palo (Dinner)
Special Events Only for DISers Onboard:
Jodi Benson Concert and Autograph Session
Guest Speaker Sessions (Bob Gurr, Charles Ridgway and Lee Cockerell)

Tuesday (12/14)
Port: Castaway Cay, Bahamas
Excursions:
Parasailing (Bill and Jennifer)
Cabana Swedish Massage (Sandy)
Special Event Only for DISers:
Private BBQ Lunch

Wednesday (12/15)
At Sea
Dining Reservations:
Palo Brunch (Bill and Jennifer)
Palo High Tea (Jennifer and Sandy)
Special Events Only for DISers Onboard:
DISUnplugged Taping
Autograph session with Guest Speakers

Thursday (12/16)
Disembark the Disney Wonder / Depart Port Canaveral
Arrive at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Park: The Magic Kingdom
ADR: Crystal Palace (Character Dinner)
Special Event: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Friday (12/17)
ADR: La Hacienda de San Angel (Dinner)
Special Event: Drink Around the World with fellow DISers
(Kids-free evening!)

Saturday (12/18)
Park: Disney's Hollywood Studios
ADR: Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre (Lunch)
50's Prime Time Cafe' (Dinner)
Special Event: Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Sunday (12/19)
(AM)
Check out of AKV
Park: Disney's Animal Kingdom
ADR: Tusker House (Character Breakfast)
Special Event: Sandy departs for Texas.

(PM)
Check in at Disney's Boardwalk Villas

Monday (12/20)
(AM)
Downtown Disney
ADR: Wolfgang Puck Cafe' (Lunch)

(PM)
ADR: Plaza Restaurant (Dinner)
Special Event: Holiday Wishes

Tuesday (12/21)
(AM)
Relax

(PM)
ADR: Les Chefs de France (Lunch)
Via Napoli (Dinner)
Special Event: Holiday IllumiNations

Wednesday (12/22)
(AM)
ADR: Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch)
Special Event: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade (Daytime Parade)

(PM)
Off Property
Dining Reservation: Celebration Town Tavern in Celebration, Florida

Thursday (12/23)
No Parks! Resort hopping to see the holiday decorations.
ADR: Chef Mickey - Contemporary Resort (Character Breakfast)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Dinner) "Date Night"
(Kids-free evening!)

Friday (12/24)
Park: Disney's Hollywood Studios
ADR: Mama Melrose (Lunch)
The Hollywood Brown Derby (Dinner)

Saturday (12/25 CHRISTMAS)
(AM)
ADR: Nine Dragons (Lunch)

(PM)
'Ohana (Dinner)

Sunday (12/26)
ADR: Kona Cafe' (Breakfast)
Check out of BWV
Arrive at Daytona Beach

Monday (12/27)
Daytona Beach / Relax

Tuesday (12/28)
Depart Daytona Beach

Find a hotel on the way home.

Wednesday (12/29)
Depart Hotel

Arrive Home

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 12-08-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
TheTXTaylors5

I need help on two ADR dates. I can't commit to one or the other ...

Jiko or Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner

The Hollywood Brown Derby or Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre for dinner

We've eaten at Yachtsman Steakhouse, The Hollywood Brown Derby and Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre in the past.

We didn't have the best experience at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. But, we will be staying at the BWV (just a short walk away). So, we wanted to give it another try. However, I have read nothing but rave reviews on Jiko and want to try it. I have a quandary ...

We've eaten at The Hollywood Brown Derby and Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre in the past. We enjoyed both. This will be our Christmas Eve dinner. We don't have to do anything traditional, we're at WDW afterall. The problem with these two ADRs is that one is when the park closes. Has anyone had experience with an ADR when the park is officially closed? Are the CMs rushing you? I'm leaning more towards The Hollywood Brown Derby ADR because we are eating at the Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre earlier in the trip.

Any suggestions???

UPDATE: We're eating at Yachtsman Steakhouse for our Date Night and at The Hollywood Brown Derby on Christmas Eve.

Jennifer

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 12-08-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
TheTXTaylors5

WDW is a foodies paradise!

Dining at Walt Disney World
Bill and I are foodies. Dining at Walt Disney World is part of the resort experience for us. We like to try a few different restaurants each trip and throw in some favorites and annual traditions. When we purchase our Annual Pass, we will also purchase a Tables in Wonderland card. This will give us dining discounts (20%) at most of our sit down restaurants on property.

Here's a list of our current dining locations:

EPCOT

ADRs:
Biergarten (Candlelight Processional Package) (Dinner) *
La Hacienda de San Angel (Dinner) *
Nine Dragons (Lunch)
Les Chefs de France (Lunch) *
Via Napoli (Dinner) *

Quick Service:
Yorkshire County Fish Shop (Dinner)

MAGIC KINGDOM

ADRs:
Tony's Town Square (Dinner) *
Crystal Palace (Character Dinner)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch) *

Quick Service:
Columbia Harbour House * (Dinner)

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

ADRs:
Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre (Lunch AND Dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe' (Dinner)
The Hollywood Brown Derby (Dinner)
Mama Melrose (Lunch) *

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM

ADR:
Tusker House (Character Breakfast)

RESORTS

ADRs:
Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Breakfast) *
Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Dinner) *
Chef Mickey - Contemporary Resort (Character Breakfast)
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club (Dinner)
'Ohana - Polynesian (Dinner)
Kona Cafe' - Polynesian (Breakfast) *

DOWNTOWN DISNEY

ADR:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe' (Lunch)

Quick Service:
Earl of Sandwich (Lunch)

OFF PROPERTY
Celebration Town Tavern in Celebration, Florida

* First time eating at this restaurant.

Jennifer

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 10-18-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
TheTXTaylors5

51 days until ...

I can enjoy the fruits of my labor. I enjoy planning our Walt Disney World trips. It gets me excited. I like the anticipation of our upcoming fun. But, I love experiencing it even more! Look out RNR, here we come!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
TheTXTaylors5

Time to start the countdown chain!

I was given a link for a Disney countdown chain by a fellow DISer. The kids and I are working on it. I'll post some pictures when we get it completed and strung up.

Jennifer

Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
alexi120
Earning My Ears

I'm envious of this report already. 13 days AND a D&B?!?

We'll be at WDW for Christmas as well, 19th-24th. I'm nervous about the crowds, but I'm sure I'll just be happy to be there.

Our kids will have a budget this trip as well. I'm buying them "First Visit" gift cards to spend as they wish. Hopefully they'll make good decisions so that the cards will last the entire trip, but I'm not counting on it.

Happy planning!!
alexi120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexi120 View Post
I'm envious of this report already. 13 days AND a D&B?!?

We'll be at WDW for Christmas as well, 19th-24th. I'm nervous about the crowds, but I'm sure I'll just be happy to be there.

Our kids will have a budget this trip as well. I'm buying them "First Visit" gift cards to spend as they wish. Hopefully they'll make good decisions so that the cards will last the entire trip, but I'm not counting on it.

Happy planning!!
Welcome Fellow Texan!

When we started visiting Walt Disney World more than once a year, we had to start giving the kids a Disney budget. Souvenirs at WDW are not cheap! The kids wanted "everything" as we walked through World of Disney or they found something they just couldn't live without. We never gave into their every whim. To be honest, I was tired of them asking for everything. So, we finally decided on ... Here's your budget. When the money is gone, it's gone. So, spend it wisely.

This has been a livesaver since we started this, not only on the pocketbook but it has helped not having meltdowns in the stores. They know we are serious when their money is gone, we don't give them more spending money. I have no input in their purchases, if they want that lightsaber (Again!) that is their choice. It has made them think about the purchases more and if they really wanted the item. The only restriction we put on their money is that they can't buy food items with the money.

I highly recommend giving children a budget while at WDW.

Normally, we visit Walt Disney World during Thanksgiving week and the week after and then a non-peak week. OMG! The non-peak weeks have spoiled us. Because, I know how WDW can be without the crowds. I am glad we will be at WDW the week before Christmas too. Hopefully, we can get in some rides before the crowds show and up then just enjoy the atmosphere and holiday festivities when the ride lines are too long. It will be busy. But, even the busiest time at WDW can be manageable with a little planning and a LOT of patience.

Jennifer

Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexi120 View Post
I saw that you have a PTR going on too. I'll come over and check it out.

Jennifer

Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
TheTXTaylors5

Disney Paperchain Countdown
We finally have our Disney paperchain countdown up. It will be fun to see the chains get less and less. That means, we're getting closer to our trip!

Here are a couple pictures of our Disney countdown paperchain ...

Let the paperchain countdown begin in the Taylor home!

Jennifer

Old 10-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
TheTXTaylors5

We are driving to Walt Disney World. From where we live in Texas, that will be over 19 hours in the car. We do it in two days. We'll depart at the crack of dawn on Friday, stay at a hotel that evening and then start again bright an early on Saturday with next stop ... Walt Disney World!

We usually arrive at WDW around 11 am on Saturday. However, with my Mom flying in, we might try and get to our Disney resort earlier.

So, what do we do for those nineteen hours in the car?
Watch DVDs
Play Nintendo DS (each child has their own)
Leapster
Game Boy
Take Pictures
Read Books
Read Magazines
Activity Books
Mad Libs Books
Play Games:
I Spy
License Plate Game (I found a great print out on another thread that I plan to use this trip.)
Alphabet Game

I am always open to new ideas on entertaining the kids while on a roadtrip. They can only watch so many movies and play so many games on their DS. We have been very lucky to have children that travel well. They've been all around this country in the car without too much fuss. But, they are children and DO get bored along the way. So, any new ideas are welcome!

Jennifer

Old 10-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
TheTXTaylors5

44 Days Until ...

I get to see Cinderella Castle all decked out in her holiday lights.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #15
Pooh_Girl
I have a rumbly in my tumbly!!

Yay!!! Another TR where I can live vicariously through you guys!! lol Can't wait to hear all about it!! I know you guys will have a blast!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: