Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Resort Upgrades, Roses, No Rain & LOTS OF FOOD! NEW 11/23 Food & Wine AND PhotoPass!

We just got back from a trip to Disney World that I don’t think we will ever top. It was a trip full of pixie dust that began before we even left with a resort upgrade from CSR to GF (due to overbooking) and included roses, very special fireworks viewing, and no rain (nope, not one drop!). We got to experience the food and wine festival as well. Get ready, I have A LOT of pictures (including lots of food pictures) and I will be ordering my PhotoPass CD hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks and will post those pictures when it arrives!

Links:
Arrival Day: Part 1
Arrival Day: Part 2
Our First Full Day
Day 3 in Disney World!
Day 4: Let's Rest!
Day 5: It's halfway done!
Day 6: Lunch in Mexico, a trip to Hollywood, and a stroll through the other countries...
Day 7: Back to AK & Dessert Party!
Our last day in WDW!
Food & Wine Festival Pictures
PhotoPass Pictures!

Last edited by DisneyCrafter; 11-23-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

All About Us

Before I begin the report here’s a little information about us, in case you weren't following along on my PTR here.

(This picture was taken our first night on our way to The Wave.)

Rachael:
I am a full-time babysitter and I love my job. The family that I sit for is great. In my free time (that I’m not cleaning that is), I love to sew, scrapbook, read, and plan vacations. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and watching movies.

Greg:
He works as a Design Analyst for a insurance software company. He is also going to school part-time for his MBA and will graduate in December of this year! Greg’s favortie hobby is playing video games. He doesn’t have much free time between working, going to class, and doing schoolwork but when he does, he is usually playing the Wii.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am present!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Joining in...sounds like you had a magical trip.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here! Love the picture, very cute.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
weswife
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

What a wonderful upgrade!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
Serein
Mouseketeer

Sounds like fun!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #9
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I'm in! Yay!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 10-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I made it finally! Sorry it took me so long! I'm going back to read about your arrival day now. I'm so excited to hear about your stay at the GF!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Your first day sounds awesome so far! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks, I have most of my next post set to go, I just need to add some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am late, but I am here!

Your first day sounds wonderful! I LOVE the room upgrade ....... the view is awesome!
Your food from Contempo Cafe looks so yummy and so does your dinner at The Wave! You are so right, it does take "some" time until they come around with the bill at some places!
No problem, I'm not sure I'll be busting out these updates all that quickly. I'm just glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow - the reort & your room are gorgeous!!!

Sounds like a really nice first day! Can't wait to hear what happened next...
Thanks, it definitely was weird staying on property at Disney and having an inside hallway to get to our room!

Update coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm subbing. Congrats on the upgrade. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Glad you have you here!! I think I've seen you on a few of the threads I frequent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I made it finally! Sorry it took me so long! I'm going back to read about your arrival day now. I'm so excited to hear about your stay at the GF!
We really had a fantastic trip!

Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #12
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

I'm in and I can't wait to hear what happened while you were waiting for the fireworks.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
I'm in and I can't wait to hear what happened while you were waiting for the fireworks.
Glad you came over. You won't have to wait long at all. New update coming up right now!

Old 10-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day Part 2

Where did I leave off? Oh yes…with a CLIFFHANGER!

Just as I was finishing the notes in my trip journal, about 10 minutes before the fireworks were set to begin, a man came up to us and said, “Is it just you two?”
I replied, “Yes.”
“How would you like to come on my boat and view the fireworks.”
Greg and I exchange surprised looks.
“It wouldn’t cost you anything, it would be free. The group never showed up.”
I replied, “Oh my goodness, yes!” I literally had goosebumps I was so excited.

No, I’m not kidding and yes you are reading correctly.

Us and the other couple (FYI: They lived in FL and had been to Disney many times) briskly walked, along with our “tour guide” and got on the boat. We made it to the viewing area on the Seven Seas Lagoon just as the fireworks began! There it was front and center-The Cinderella Castle. The twinkling music began and just as I thought I would my eyes teared up at “Star Light, Star Bright…” I kept whispering “Wow!” to Greg. He was just as amazed as I was at what was happening. (FYI: The music was piped in through speakers on the boat.) There are no words to describe how amazing it was. He pointed out something I never saw before, when the castle turns blue with the stars it is meant to be a sorcerer’s hat. From where we were-it looked exactly like that. When you’re on Main Street-it’s harder to notice.

(Just in case you want to know some more information about Disney. Our tour guide (although he referred to himself as our driver because there wasn’t time to give the tour they usually do before the fireworks begin) has been working with Disney for 35 years I believe, and said that this is the best way to view the fireworks. He said the second best is from the Polynesian beach. He said the best way used to be from the Contemporary but when the other fireworks show at MK was changed to Wishes they changed the way the fireworks are fired off and the CR doesn’t have the view that it did before.)

Just when we thought the ride was over, our driver said we were going to get in the perfect spot to watch the Water Parade. It was really cute and I recognized a lot of the music and what I didn’t-Greg surprisingly knew! When we docked back at GF we handed over what cash we had to our driver (which wasn’t much). When we got back to the room, I was feeling bad about how little money we had given him so I had Greg go track him down to give him more. He said the cruises are not advertised by Disney but that it is only $30 a person when you have a group of 8 (he even mentioned the DIS Boards and how people group together on here and go).

We went to sleep shortly after getting back definitely already amazed at the magic of our Disney vacation and it was only the beginning!

Did you think I was going to leave you without giving any pictures? Of course not! However, Greg and I don’t own a DSLR camera so the picture quality isn’t the greatest.

Day One Wrap Up:
We had breakfast at: Nowhere…we saved the cash and had some OJ at my in-laws and some freshly baked zucchini bread at the airport!
We had lunch at: Contempo Café
We had dinner at: The Wave
Our snacks were: a Mickey Rice Krispie Treat, Sangria & Mudslide drinks
Rachael’s Favorite Food: Potato & Onion Gratin (The Wave)
Greg’s Favorite Food: Flat Iron Steak (The Wave)
Rachael and Greg’s Favorite Part: Seeing Wishes from the boat! (Duh!)
What we WANT to do again: Wishes Boat Cruise
What we DON’T WANT to do again: Get overpriced bottled beverages from the refrigerator cases.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
soarinup
I really am as mean as I look!

Great job

You are doing a fantastic job with your trip report! I wish I had your internet-computer skills! Love your report.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: