Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
tamaraten
Mouseketeer

Smile Sheraton Vistana or Floridays or WorldQuest or Bonnet Creek?

Which would you choose between the above four hotels for a family of 6 (couple with four kids, ages 5,8,10,12)? The price for all are more or less the same, plus/minus.

I'm going crazy trying to decide - it's our first time off-site (only our 2nd time at Disney World). It's for six nights and we would like a comfortable place even though for the most part we'll be out all day at the parks and just coming back to crash!

Please Help!

thanks a million,

tamara
tamaraten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
cds62
Mouseketeer

If you can get Bonnett Creek, than I would recommend that resort. The location of the resort is the best for those visiting Disney. It gives you the feel of staying on site without the cost of staying on Disney property.
cds62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
tamaraten
Mouseketeer

I know Bonnet Creek is popular, but actually I'm wondering about that one because it was rated #41 on Trip Advisor (our of 346 hotels in Orlando) as opposed to Floridays which was rated #8, Vistana #7 and Worldquest #12.

Why is Bonnet Creek so popular despite its rating?!

THANKS!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
tamaraten
Mouseketeer

BTW, are you speaking about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek (as opposed to the Hilton one) - because that is the one I'm referring to.

thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

The trip advisor ratings are not "quality", but "popularity". I can't figure out exactly what it measures, and I've tried. I pay more attention to the overall guest satisfaction and thumbs up ratings---and they are similar for all of those properties.

Of those four, I've stayed in 2BR units both at Bonnet and the recently-renovated Fountains section of Vistana in the past 15 months or so. The Vistana unit itself was just a little bit nicer---a small step up in soft goods, etc. But, we liked the overall setting/amenities (pools, mini-golf, etc.) at Bonnet better, and it's a much better location for a Disney-centric vacation (because it feels like it is "inside the gates"). All things being equal, I'd pick Bonnet over Vistana, but I would be happy at Vistana again as well.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
tamaraten
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
The trip advisor ratings are not "quality", but "popularity". I can't figure out exactly what it measures, and I've tried. I pay more attention to the overall guest satisfaction and thumbs up ratings---and they are similar for all of those properties.

I didn't realize the difference - although I assume if a place is popular that it's because of the quality...(or maybe not)..

Of those four, I've stayed in 2BR units both at Bonnet and the recently-renovated Fountains section of Vistana in the past 15 months or so. The Vistana unit itself was just a little bit nicer---a small step up in soft goods, etc. But, we liked the overall setting/amenities (pools, mini-golf, etc.) at Bonnet better, and it's a much better location for a Disney-centric vacation (because it feels like it is "inside the gates"). All things being equal, I'd pick Bonnet over Vistana, but I would be happy at Vistana again as well.

Aside from the soft goods at the Vistana being better, which room was nicer?

thanks again.