Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

BEST FRIENDS PET CARE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
2510 BONNET CREEK PARKWAY
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830
PHONE 877-493-9738
FAX 203-840-5266

HOURS
MONDAY-SUNDAY
Open 1 hour before park opening until one hour after park closing.

CHECK OUT TIME 12:00 PM

VISA, MASTERCARD, AX, DISCOVER ACCEPTED

Best Friends Pet Care at Walt Disney World has a wide selection of accommodations for any pet guest wether it be just a day visit or overnight. All suites are designed to provide safety and comfort and privacy for pets. The suites are cleaned and sanitized daily with hospital grade disinfectants.
Prices start at 16.00 for day care and up to 76.00 (69.00) for the VIP suite per night.

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
BamaTigger

OVERNIGHT DOG BOARDING
Indoor Suite
Includes 2 potty walks
Standard 37.00
Resort Guest 34.00

Indoor/Outdoor Suite
Includes 1 potty walk
Standard 40.00
Resort Guest 36.00

Vacation Villas

Includes 1 potty walk, playgroup, flat screen TV and a turndown treat bisquit.
Standard 59.00
Resort Guest 53.00

VIP Luxury Suites
Includes 2 potty walks, two playgroups, a flat screen TV, webcam, bedtime story, and a Go Home Fresh Bath. (bath requires a minimum 3 night paid stay and is limited to one per per suite. Haircuts are extra)
Standard 76.00
Resort Guest 69.00

A LA CARTE FOR DOGS

Play and stay 22.00 for 4 hours
Playgroup 15.00 for 30 minutes
Playtime 8.00 for 10 minutes
Cuddletime 8.00 for 10 minutes
Walk & Explore 8.00 for 10 minutes
Bottled Water 5.00 per day
Bedtime Story 6.00 per stay
Ice Cream Break 4.00 each
Holiday Meal 5.00 each
Premium Bed 5.00 per day

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159

Last edited by BamaTigger; 09-11-2010 at 07:52 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
BamaTigger

**best friends pet care resort at disneyworld faq**

DAY CARE

UP TO 6 HOURS
Indoor 16.00
Indoor/Outdoor 18.00
Vacation Villas 30.00
VIP Suites 46.00
Cats/2 level 15.00
Cats/4 level 21.00

OVER 6 HOURS

Indoor 27.00
Indoor/Outdoor 30.00
Vacation Villas 53.00
VIP Suites 69.00
Cats/2 Level 18.00
Cats/4 Level 26.00

DAY CAMP

Full Day 27.00

Last edited by BamaTigger; 04-27-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
BamaTigger

CAT & POCKET PET BOARDING

Cats-2 Level Condo
Standard 23.00
Resort Guest 21.00

4 Level Condo
Standard 32.00
Resort Guest 30.00

Pocket Pets
Small
Standard 12.00
Resort Guest 10.00
Medium
Standard 16.00
Resort Guest 14.00
Large
Standard 20.00
Resort Guest 18.00
X Large
Standard 23.00
Resort Guest 21.00

Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
BamaTigger

VACCINE REQUIREMENTS

Dogs must be current on:
RABIES, DHPP, AND BORDETELLA.
Cats must be current on RABIES AND FVRCP.
Written proof MUST be brought from vet.

2nd and 3rd pets sharing a STANDARD SUITE will receive 30% off!
2nd and 3rd pets sharing a VILLA or VIP SUITE will receive 50% off!

THEM KNOW IF YOU ARE A
DVC MEMBER OR AN ANNUAL PASSHOLDER!
DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
BamaTigger

BASIC DESCRIPTIONS OF ACCOMODATIONS

STANDARD DOG SUITES

Indoor-Outdoor Suites: 36 to 48 square feet climate controlled suites. They include a pet cot, indoor bedroom and an outdoor patio that the staff will open throughout their stay. That includes one potty walk per day.

All indoor suites: Climate controlled that are 32 square feet with a pet cot. Includes 2 potty walks per day.

LUXURY DOG SUITES

Vacation Villas: 2 room villas are 8ftx9ft with a tiled bedroom and concrete relief patio. Raised bedding and a flat screen TV that provides nice sound and companionship. The private outdoor relief patio is 4ftx7ft. This also includes 1 potty walk, 1 playgroup, and a turn down bisquit each day. There are only 14 of these available.

VIP LUXURY SUITES

This is a 16ftx9ft suite. The bedroom have paw print flooring and tile walls, with glass doors. It also has a raised bed, flat screen TV. It has a private, covered outdoor play yard that your pets can see out of. It has "K9 grass" (outdoor green colored carpet that is washable) for relief as well. It has a plastic playground in it. This suite also has a personal "pet concierge" that will take care of your pet exclusively. Also includes 2 potty walks, 2 playgroup sessions, Ice Cream Treat and Bed time story each day, all taken care of by their Concierge! If you have a 3 day minumum stay ONE pet will get a free "Go Home Fresh Bath".

Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
THEM KNOW IF YOU ARE A
DVC MEMBER OR AN ANNUAL PASSHOLDER!
DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE!
I didn't read the entire thread yet, but if I am upgrading my tickets to APs when I'm at WDW, will that qualify me for the discount if I'm checking my dog in a day or 2 before I do the upgrade??
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Aulani101
Earning My Ears

We are so disappointed to report that the Best Friends Pet Care in Lake Buena Vista, Florida was just awful. The staff does not communicate with each other and therefore, anyone who works at the front desk, does not care what is going on with your dog. We brought our puppy there and were so upset to see that she had not been taken out to potty, even though we were paying extra for her to be taken out more than once.Also, she was in the villas, which we thought would get more attention from the staff, but does not. Many days, she wasn't even taken out once. Although she could have "pottied" in her room, she has just recently been trained and will only potty in the grass. We told several staff members about our concern that our puppy was holding her stools for more than 24 hours. Many staff members were rude and one front desk member bluntly told us that she only worked front desk and didn't know or care about what was going on with the dogs. Although this place looks cute and appears to be a wonderful place for pets to stay, you have no idea what kind of treatment your animal is getting when you leave. Their report cards are written nicely, as well as the "times" that they took the dog out or had cuddle time. However, those reports were often lied about. On more than one occasion, it was written that our puppy was taken out by a staff member, or that a staff member had cuddle time and wrote "she was so cute and playful". However, it was impossible that they had taken her out or had cuddle time at the times in which they wrote, because we were there at that particular time. They just wrote random times and comments to make it look like they were paying attention to her when in fact, they were not. We advise people to do yourself a favor and find another place to board your loved one. This is only worth it if you can visit your pet everyday, like we did to make up for the care that they aren't receiving from the staff.
Aulani101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
NonScents
Fragrance is the new second hand smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulani101 View Post
We are so disappointed to report that the Best Friends Pet Care in Lake Buena Vista, Florida was just awful. The staff does not communicate with each other and therefore, anyone who works at the front desk, does not care what is going on with your dog. We brought our puppy there and were so upset to see that she had not been taken out to potty, even though we were paying extra for her to be taken out more than once.Also, she was in the villas, which we thought would get more attention from the staff, but does not. Many days, she wasn't even taken out once. Although she could have "pottied" in her room, she has just recently been trained and will only potty in the grass. We told several staff members about our concern that our puppy was holding her stools for more than 24 hours. Many staff members were rude and one front desk member bluntly told us that she only worked front desk and didn't know or care about what was going on with the dogs. Although this place looks cute and appears to be a wonderful place for pets to stay, you have no idea what kind of treatment your animal is getting when you leave. Their report cards are written nicely, as well as the "times" that they took the dog out or had cuddle time. However, those reports were often lied about. On more than one occasion, it was written that our puppy was taken out by a staff member, or that a staff member had cuddle time and wrote "she was so cute and playful". However, it was impossible that they had taken her out or had cuddle time at the times in which they wrote, because we were there at that particular time. They just wrote random times and comments to make it look like they were paying attention to her when in fact, they were not. We advise people to do yourself a favor and find another place to board your loved one. This is only worth it if you can visit your pet everyday, like we did to make up for the care that they aren't receiving from the staff.
How do you know your puppy was not taken out even once? Did you ask to speak to the manager about your concerns?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulani101 View Post
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the front desk staff and Best Friends Pet Resort as a whole. Our experience was definitely very different from yours. We found all the staff to be very friendly, the facility to be very comfortable, and the care given to our dog right on-target with what we paid for (also in the villas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonScents View Post
How do you know your puppy was not taken out even once? Did you ask to speak to the manager about your concerns?
I was wondering about this, as well. How did the poster know what was or was not going on with their dog while they were not there? I get the conflict in the notes but how would you know if your dog never got walked when you weren't there? What treatment did their dog receive that was not acceptable? I was a little perplexed with that part.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
NonScents
Fragrance is the new second hand smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post

I was wondering about this, as well. How did the poster know what was or was not going on with their dog while they were not there? I get the conflict in the notes but how would you know if your dog never got walked when you weren't there? What treatment did their dog receive that was not acceptable? I was a little perplexed with that part.
Smells a little troll-ish!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
BamaTigger

Quote:
Not a troll, saw a post on the Facebook BFPC about this.....I think the poster forgets that a small puppy has to pee pee ALOT, alot more than older dogs. Thats why the puppy always had to go when they showed up. My puppy would just pee pee all over himself when he got excited RIGHT after going potty!
Puppies are a cute thing.

This incident does NOT affect any way I feel about BFPC...they did awesome with my 3 boys and I will TOTALLY be back.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
jaminmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not so sure this is a troll. I only boarded my dog here for daycare but have an upcoming reservation. They told me they took my dog out to pee but that the dog didn't go because he was too "anxious." Well, duh, he's a GSD & they can be nutty when out of their element & away from their humans. I know my dog well, and if they gave him a couple of minutes, he would have peed. (I posted about this a few pages back in this thread).

There was also another customer at the desk & she was ticked because her dog didn't get what it was supposed to.

The staff wouldn't let me take a picture of the room he was in. What's the big secret? It may be their policy but I think it's a bad one. Many of us treat our pets as family members, not just furry little accessories, so I don't know why they won't allow photos of the indoor/outdoor runs.

I really didn't get a great vibe from this place & I may switch to a different kennel next time. It looks great on the outside but I'm still not convinced.

My kennel at home is very spacious & has a Webcam, so I can watch my boy all day. I'd like to take him with us again so we can spend time with him, though.

I know there are some true fans of BFPC on this thread but not everyone has had a great experience.
jaminmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
yarddecor
Earning My Ears

We just boarded our 2 dogs in one of the Vacation Villas for 3 days. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the facility. We went and walked our dogs twice and both times all 14 of the villas were clean and the dogs in them looked very comfortable. We have an 80 pound lab and a 68 pound mixed breed and the Villa size was just fine for the 2 of them. There was a fluffy bed on the raised concrete platform and a cot on the floor. When we picked them up, they were in a play group which was well monitored by the staff. I didn't see the regular kennels so I can't say anything about them but the VIP Suites and Vacation Villas are quite nice. I booked a VIP Suite for out next visit just because money wise it works out better if you want your dogs having an extra walk and playgroup each day plus they have twice the room that the villas have. The VIP Suites have an outdoor area where the dogs go out for air and relief where it appeared the Villas have a concrete area through their doggy door that is inside. I didn't see what was on the other side of the doggy door but from looking at the layout of the building, it couldn't be outside. The doggy door is opened 5 times during the day for the dogs to go out. I was really happy with the boarding! It's always traumatic for me going away and worrying about the dogs!
yarddecor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
slyster
Mouseketeer

we are considering boarding 3 beagles...which room would fit all three? One is 34 lbs, one is 22 lbs, and the other is 27 lbs. I would love to keep them all in the same kennel. I just don't know if I could afford the luxury suite...would a "vacation villa" do? I'm assuming regardless of the accomodation, you still pay for all three dogs.

Also, between the two port orleans resorts, which is closest? We were already considering port orleans french quarter.

Also, from what I can tell, we could come any time ourselves to walk them right? If we went over in the morning and dinner time? They also allow one walk per day...do you get to pick the time? Thanks in advance especially with all the questions
slyster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: