Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
sk8jdgca
Mouseketeer

QSDP and more!!

Just got back from 9 days at Disney. We had the QSDP for 6 days and had a car. (sorry my son had to add some smileys)

We ate at Sweet Tomatoes (2 times)
Jiko- special night dinner
The Plaza
Capitan Jacks
Mara
Columbia house
Pizzafaire
Earl of Sandwich
Wolf gang Puck express
Cosmic rays
some place in HS near Starwars
Yak and Yeti
Sunshine
British Fish and Chip
France bakery

I really found the QSDP to work for us. My kids do not like to waste time eating so it was good to get in and out. My daughter only had 3 hamburgers, My son one hotdog and once my daughter had chicken fingers. The rest was very varied. I'll try to start tomorrow night. I have some food pictures but not alot. I found the other QSDP report to help so hoepfully this will help someone else

2011-POFQ
2010- ALK
2009-Windsor Hills
2007-ASMu
2005-off site somewhere
My QSDP report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2551446
sk8jdgca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Hopping onboard

I am hopping aboard for the ride and am looking forward to your report.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

I like reading "varied" CS reviews that include more then a lot of hamburgers, so I'm really looking foward to your reviews. The "somplace near Star Tours" made me LOL.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing for this one - we upgraded free dining to the regular DP for this fall, but DH is thinking about downgrading to QSDP to save some money, so I'm trying to get all the info I can on where to eat and where to avoid.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
JOLLYHOLLY
Earning My Ears

Joining in! We leave in a couple of weeks. Originally we upgraded to Regular Dining but at last minute we had a few people join our group. There was no way to get new reservations that quick. I am now looking forward to QSDP! Less stressful.

Looking forward to your report!

JOLLYHOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Can't wait!!! We have QSDP for the first time in November. The kids asked last trip if we could not do the DDP again, too much time away for their liking. DH was game as he hated all the tips. So, we went with QSDP and then got it free. Can't wait to hear your reviews.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

Very interested to read your report, will be going with two little ones in late 2011 or 2012 and interested in QSDP option, especially interested in different options for children.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
sk8jdgca
Mouseketeer

By the way -I am a terrible typer-not spelling-I blame it all on Typing-I used to get 100% in spelling

2011-POFQ
2010- ALK
2009-Windsor Hills
2007-ASMu
2005-off site somewhere
Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
sk8jdgca
Mouseketeer

EEEK I've scared everyone off. Thanks to those who started out with me but it lookslike you may have all left

Anyway-not one to be scared off- here is day 3

This day's plan was to do Epcot, then blizzard Beach then back to epcot. However the previous night we were getting on the astrorbitors and looked over at the people exiting the elevator, and we spotted a girl and her mom from our home town. Actually the girl is in a triple trheat program with my kids- small world. We made plans to meet, eat dinner and do mini golf the next night. (which is now day 3)

I woke up early in the morning and decided to head to Mara to pick up some breakfast and get milk. (we had brought a bunch of those cool little boxes of Cereal to eat for breakfast- you know the kind you only get on vacation)

I caught the bus to jambo and found mara-(bit complicated, you have to go outside to get there)
I used a couple snack credits and bought some big chocolate chip muffins. Milk was cheaper to buy at the store so I picked up a litre of milk which lasted perfectly. This is when I found the Hot chocolate for the mugs!!

When I got back to the room the kids were awake and dressed (yes Disney magic works!!) They had some snacks and off we went for the day

For Lunch we ate a Sunshine in the land. I never eat a reuben but for some reason I ordered one. It was so good, rich bread, thousand Island dressing and lots of craut. It came with a potato salad which I didn't like-very vinegary not creamy but my daughter liked it
The kids split the chicken. DS at the rice and DD the mashed. They enjoyed it. We got 2 key lime pies to go with them and they were amazing one of the best desserts we got.

We were back at the resort for dinner and ate a MARAs
Bit of an issue there. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese-however this is just a kids meal. I asked if she could just have more to make it adult size-no it is just an adult side-Ok, then could she get chicken nuggets with macaroni as her side- no it only comes with fries. I was really anoying actually. In the end, my son ordered the macaroni and she got the adults nuggets and fries (which were kind of good). Son didn't like to the mac and cheese anyways ( the texture wasn't right ) so she ate his. She picked the zebra domes for dessert and he took grapes. I just ate his grapes and they split the zebra domes. They let you get any non alcoholic drink with the adult meal so she picked a Fusz which i never let them get as the cost too much. We had our mugs with us, so my son picked a choc milk for his drink.

2011-POFQ
2010- ALK
2009-Windsor Hills
2007-ASMu
2005-off site somewhere
Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Still with you.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

I'm here, too

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran

I'm following along, with your QSDP review. We did this dining plan in Dec. and found some good places to eat and only went to two of the counter services you went to. I thought we would miss the sitdown rest but we did'nt it was nice not having to plan things around our reservations and it was less time consuming. We also rented a car and find it much easier to get around to the different counter service instead of mostly eating at our resort or the parks. We may have to try the plaza one I have heard good things about it. Linda
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Aug 14
jerseygirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
Denamac
Mouseketeer

I'm here too! Don't worry...you have followers!! LOL

Denamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
sk8jdgca
Mouseketeer

Day 3 Magic Kingdom

So the plan was to go to Capitan Cooks for Tonga toast today, however the kids were up late doing Mini Golf (which by the ay was really good-Try fantasia mini golf if you have time)

So change of plan- we stopped at Mara's on our way to MK. Here is my tip of the day. I got 2 bounty platters. I asked for no sausage just bacon (which was good by the way-nice and crispy not flabby or burned) DD and I gave DS our waffles and I gave him some of my bacon. It stil left lots of food for us. I don't like scrambled eggs but these were good-the chef showed me the real eggs they use. They are fluffy and tastey. I picked up 4 big bottles (2 choc milks, 1 canberry and a Fuuz for DD. Plenty of food and a great use of 2 credits.

There was no line up this time, so we stopped and used one snack crdit on a cinnemon bun- wow did we eat that fast- we were like vultures on road kill.

Lunch-Columbia House

2 tuna sandwiches -came with chips, 2 large drinks, 1 ice water, 2 apple pie treats. I ordered OOPs the soup of the day which was veggie chili. Again great tuna sandwiches on a rich multigrain bread. The desserts were good and we kept the chips for later

Dinner
Cosmic Rays

The kids wanted soup and sandwiches but there didn't seem to be any here. DD chose the bacon cheese burger. DS and I split the 1/2 chicken. I didn't
really like the potatoes here- a big gummy. DD said her burger was good. The 1/2 chicken is way too much food for 1 so it was good to share. The desserts here were carrot cake- the icing was too sweet for the kids- and you know that is bad- I don;t think we'd come here again. The kids thought the piano player was bad

Later we used 2 snakc credits for 2 floats- they were good but the kids chugged them down quickly so they could go back on a ride

2011-POFQ
2010- ALK
2009-Windsor Hills
2007-ASMu
2005-off site somewhere
Old 09-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #15
GettinReadyforDisney
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your reviews . . . last time we were in WDW, we upgraded free DDP to DxDP and never ate a single CS meal.

For our next trip, we are considering paying OOP (we won't have free dining, the prices for DDP have increased and our youngest is now 10 and counts as an adult . . . DDP just doesn't seem like a good deal now).

Anyway . . . we are thinking about a combination of CS and TS, so I am enjoying reading about your experiences!!

thx for sharing!!
96 Dolphin, 00 Sheraton Safari, 03 Poly CL, 05 CBR/BWI, 06 Nick, Feb 07 CSR, June 07 Swan, Feb 08 Windsor Hills, June 09 Disney Magic, June 10 POFQ, March 11 BLT/AKV, June 12 SSR, Thanksgiving 2012 AKV, May 13 BLT, June 2014 Aulani!?!

GettinReadyforDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: