Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

I'm grumpy because you're dopey... A TR - Final Thoughts 10/15

Who....

I'm Joanna

He's Chris

Wanna know more about us? Check out some of my previous trips in my siggy. Otherwise, I'll spare you the details the avoid the risk of sounding repetitive.

What: A Quickie (that didn't come out exactly right... - or maybe it did) A weekend trip to Disney just for the heck-a-it.

When: September 3 - 6

Where: Old Key West Resort

Why: Um... do we need a reason? Okay, in our attempt to squeeze every last possible bit out of our "free" APs that we got from our wedding, we're taking a few weekend trips this year. This was one of them.

Okay... might not be back tonight - but will be back soon with the first installment. Welcome everyone

Last edited by not_Joanna_eggs; 10-16-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hey there Joanna! You got "free" APs for your wedding - how cool is that ??

Thanks for taking the time to get this started when you JUST got back!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hey there Joanna! You got "free" APs for your wedding - how cool is that ??

Thanks for taking the time to get this started when you JUST got back!
Hi! Thanks for joining in! Yes, one of the perks of getting married at WDW is that as part of the package they give you a free AP. I use free loosely, because you have to pay quite a bit for the actual wedding
Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Friday, September 3 - What am I forgetting?

(sorry this first post is picture free... I promise the rest will have pictures.)

After a night of half packing, half watching Project Runway, and half cleaning the house (wait that's 3 halves…but third doesn't sound as good, so I'm leaving it, but I promise you know my fractions - I have my degree in Math for goodness sake! )

The 5 am alarm came too early. This is a full hour and a half before I would normally be getting up. If we were going straight to the airport, I would have been fine and happy, bouncy even. But nooo…. We were going to work - and because DH works 6:30 - 3:00 and we were just taking one car to the airport together, that meant - today so did I.

I'll admit it, I was more watching project runway than actually packing or cleaning the house the night before so in my pre-caffeine haze, I double checked my packing skillz. I found a few things I missed and stood in the garage and repeatedly asked "what am I forgetting?" I eventually came to the conclusion that the answer to that was socks. I went back in the house and picked up the socks, and we were on our merry way.

Morning car rides are hilarious, because there's no conversation, I may ask a question, but all I get in return are a series of grunts. We're not morning people.

So I get out of the rust-mobile and get up to my office - I notice it's 6:15 - I'm allegedly starting at 7. This is going to be a long day. So I rummage through my carryon, because I knew I threw a bagel for breakfast in there somewhere…. And suddenly it dawns on me. I know what I forgot. Our Magical Express Documents. They're sitting right on the table in the foyer under my keys, but since I decided not to take my keys, it never entered my mind.

Now I'm faced with a deli-emma the ME documents aren't mission-critical. (At this point I quadruple checked that I have our APs - I did!) They'd just save some time. I have plenty of time right now - since I'm sitting at work at 6:15 (well 6:17 by this point) and I don't have to be there until 7. I could easily drive home and get them and be back before anyone noticed…. Except, I didn't drive today. DH works just a few blocks away, so I could theoretically walk over and get his car and steal his keys (remember I don't have mine which is what got us here to begin with. ) But DH drives this old diesel, jetta that barely runs and is stick shift. It's not that I don't know how to drive stick shift - in theory I've got it down… it's just… stick shift and I don't get along very well. It's purely a coordination thing on my end, and I'm pretty sure if can sense my fear and spazzyness so it purposely does weird things when I drive. Previous encounters have been amusing (for DH, not me) and full of stall-outs and gear grinding. Probably not good to try to drive it 20 miles on the freeway there and back .

It’s now about 6:25, so I call DH and ask him what he thinks I should do. His words were "no, don't drive the car - I like this one" okay… so that's out. He's supposed to start work in mere minutes, so he says he'll call me if he gets out early and can go get it. This worries me, because my DH can make a 10 minute trip last 3 hrs, and not realize it. There's some sort of time-suckage vortex swirling around him. And besides not wanting to be stuck at work any longer than I need to (I'd already clocked in 40 minutes of extra time before 7:00, because I can't sit at my desk and not do work. It's a sickness.) knowing him, there was a real possibility of missing the plane if he was left to his own devices.

Grr… not the best way to start out our trip. But at least it's the ME documents and not the APs or our medications or something… We can live with out ME documents.

The rest of the day crawled by like a big fuzzy caterpillar. Slow and nibbling on everything in it's path. I felt like it should be lunch time by 9:30! Fridays before long weekends are always long and slow - everyone with 1/2 a brain and vacation time to burn has taken the day off. Fridays before long weekends when your going to Disney are interminable. By lunch time, I felt like the day just might not ever end.

Just when I was pretty sure that my clock was moving backwards in time, DH called me and said he was done for the day and asked if he should go get the ME booklet. I said no, we could just show our IDs and we'd be fine.

Around 3:30, he called and said he was outside my office building, so I quickly ran away before anyone could give me anything to do that would prevent me from leaving.

We stopped at the grocery store to pick up some starbucks via and some breakfast for the weekend, as well as some dinner for the airport. Then, we slowly made our way to the airport. There is a ton of construction on both freeways leading to the airport, so we picked the lesser of the two. It still took a good 30 minutes to get there - it should have taken 10. But either way, we were finally officially on our way...
Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here, I want to hear about OKW!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm here, I want to hear about OKW!
Hi Sarah! We loved OKW... well except the weird beds, but you'll just have to wait for that one...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: