Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

August 2010 Magical Trip: Getting our “socks knocked off” WDW style!! 10/10 update

Hey there DisBoarders! The explanation for the title to my trip review will come on day 7 – please hang in there! It is really what defined this trip as so magical!

I will be doing a separate dining review but I wanted to get started with sharing our wonderful 11 day WDW trip. Overall, we had an amazing time. Crowds were light, the heat index was high, the food was good but not exciting (well, good enough to cause me to gain a few pounds), and our expectations were generally exceeded! We had some magical moments along the way that will forever frame this trip as unrivaled and a tough gig to beat!

Who: Me – Brenda (or “trouble” as my hubby calls me and no I’m not sharing my age!) and my 14 year old daughter Emily (Em, Emmy…)

When: August 18, 2010 – August 21, 2010

Where: Bay Lake Tower 8/18-8/21 followed by Beach Club Resort 8/21-8/28

Summary of Booking:
Bay Lake Tower 1 bedroom villa with a theme park view for 3 nights. Deluxe dining. 10 day park hopper tickets. I booked using the free dining offer although I kept checking the Disney website and couldn’t find a 40% room only discount which would have been far better. I did upgrade to the deluxe dining plan since we had so many table service restaurants that I wanted to try.

Beach Club Resort – Club Level Lagoon view x 7 nights booked with 40% room discount. 1 day base ticket (required for dining package) and deluxe dining (I know, I know, believe me I KNOW, why did I do this?)

I took a ton of photos so be prepared to see our smiling faces a LOT!

Please feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to draw from my vast knowledge to respond! (I'm kidding of course since I'm a newbie!) Seriously, I welcome any questions.

Leaving blank to insert links to review entries:

*Back story
*Some pre-trip stuff

* 1st Trip installment - 8/19 Travel day to Orlando
* Check-in at BLT and shedding a tear over the amazing view!
* Thurs. 8/19 1st full day at WDW
* Fri. 8/20 Part I - Exploring Epcot
* Fri. 8/20 part II - Epcot, naps, and EMH at Magic Kingdom
* Sat. 8/21 Checked out of Bay Lake Tower & Arrival at Beach Club Resort
* Sat. 8/21 Check-in at Beach Club Resort, CL Lounge, and dinner at Coral Reef
* Sun. 8/22 DHS Day Part I

Last edited by emmysmommy; 10-11-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
IATink
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
Can't wait to read more!
Thanks and welcome! [oh, I've wanted to use that emoticon!!]

I'm getting caught up in everyone elses TRs since I'm comparing experiences and wondering what I missed since I HAVE to book a return trip!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

My trip review will follow shortly but in the meantime, please indulge me in this little bit of background information…

This trip actually started as a “we don’t want to go on another cruise this summer” vacation. I think that I’m the only member of our family that wasn’t entirely excited about booking a WDW vacation. My husband and daughter refused to see one more dancing waiter event in the shipboard dining room. It was my daughter that suggested a return visit to WDW since we had not been since 2006. I know all of you Dis-aholics find that hard to believe!

We were at The World 4 years ago but stayed off property and only saw DHS, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom one day each. Can you believe that we didn't see the Magic Kingdom? My reasoning was that we live by Disneyland and can see a castle anytime - also, there's no Matterhorn at the MK so it can't be as good as Diz (I admit, I was a Diz snob! You will be glad to know that I've been cured of that now that I have a true comparison.)

So….in anticipation of planning this trip I found the Dis Boards. How was I to know that this community of people would revolutionize my appreciation and awe of how much there is to do and experience at this place affectionately referred to as The World? I learned what ADRs were (and yes, I awoke at 3am Pacific Time) to book mine online at 180 days. I learned about rope drops and photopasses, PINs and Fantasmic! Dining packages, and even Premier annual passes.

So with all of my information on hand, I booked a split stay because from the reviews of the resorts that I read, I couldn’t decide between Bay Lake Tower or Beach Club Resort. Why not do both?

In the end, my husband got a job offer that he had been pursuing for a year and could not take time off of his new position. However, the trip must go on! My daughter and I looked forward to a “girls getaway”. Although we missed my husband, it was actually a perfectly balanced trip since we have similar touring styles.

Here's a preview pic of us on our trip:

Next up: A few more pre-trip matters and then on to the actual review!! I know, you thought I was actually going to start the review.... hang in there it is coming shortly.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda! I'm in! I'm looking forward to hearing all the details about your trip!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Hi Brenda! I'm in! I'm looking forward to hearing all the details about your trip!
Hi there Dee. I know you from the Beach/Yacht club thread where you have done so much hard work to get great information shared with the Dis-masses!!! BTW: Thanks for all of that.

Thanks for joining in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: