Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
summer0407
Mouseketeer

Anyone been to Disneyland the day they tape the Christmas Parade?

We are going to be heading to parks Dec 9-11 I just read they will be taping the Christmas parade on the 11th. Can anyone tell me how the crowds are when they do that taping? Is the parade early in the day? We really can't do much as far as changing the dates but I want to try to have some sort of schedule worked out for the day so maybe we will stay in DCA while they tape it then head over later. I don't have any desire to watch it so I really want to try to stay clear of the area while it is going on. Any info from people that have been at the parks when this has gone on in the past would be great. Thanks so much!
summer0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
letitsnow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer0407 View Post
We are going to be heading to parks Dec 9-11 I just read they will be taping the Christmas parade on the 11th. Can anyone tell me how the crowds are when they do that taping? Is the parade early in the day? We really can't do much as far as changing the dates but I want to try to have some sort of schedule worked out for the day so maybe we will stay in DCA while they tape it then head over later. I don't have any desire to watch it so I really want to try to stay clear of the area while it is going on. Any info from people that have been at the parks when this has gone on in the past would be great. Thanks so much!
Where did you find this information? I'm just asking because it usually happens at the beginning of the holiday season before they put up the garland because some of the floats won't fit?
letitsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
summer0407
Mouseketeer

It was on the huge Christmas thread. One poster had a daughter that was going to be participating in it.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
YellowMickeyPonchos
Remember when everyone had one?
Podcasting from the West Coast

The Female "Bob"
Queen of Solutions

Here's the blog I did on last year's taping.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/11/...as-day-parade/

It may give you a little insight on what the three days are like. I found the part not crowded at all, especially since the taping is done on the Main Street area. You can also come and go as you choose from the taping zones, unless you want to stake out a spot of on-camera real estate!
DVC since '93 - DL "local" and P-AP holder since '99 - Me Ian Zoe 8 and Lily 6

YellowMickeyPonchos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
summer0407
Mouseketeer

Thanks do much for the post the blog was so fun to read. I am hoping I may be wrong with the dates since last year it was taped so early in November. I am going to re read the Christmas thread now. I hope if we stay clear of the taping areas we will be OK if in fact it is during our visit. Thanks so much again!!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
mariezp
DIS Veteran

I seem to recall running across the post on the Christmas thread but I was thinking it would be taped in November. YellowMickeyPoncho's blog from last year was in November too. Any one out there know for sure?

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
VictoriaAndMatt
DIS Veteran

The last time I was there for the Christmas season they were taping the parade while I was there. We were there on December 15, 2004... multiple days, but that one sticks out because that is the day DH proposed Obviously it was a while ago so things may be different now. Crowds weren't bad at all.

Tags
christmas parade, crowds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: