Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
neener3
Mouseketeer

P&J's Escape Wedding PJ! Feb 15, 2011(SBP, UK Lower) A year gone by...

Hello!

I'm late to the game in getting this PJ started. I've tried a few times and when inputting pictures it never worked, so I've given up twice already. But I've gained SO much from reading everyone's PJ's and TR's and wanted to take part! So bear with me with the pictures and my overuse of exclamation marks; you've been forewarned!

The basics: I'm Jennine, and he's Philip.

We met in high school and came to be pretty good friends in the halls and over the good ole' ICQ (remember the days?? He even made an ICQ reference in my yearbook...LOL).

He was a terrific friend, and I've always said that boys and girls can't be just friends! On our first date, we went skating, and it all progressed from there. He makes me feel like a princess - on our first anniversary he rented out an entire skating rink just for us - a homage to our first date!

We've been together for seven and a half years . I know, it sounds like he waited forever to propose, but we were only 18 when we started dating - there was school and jobs to get on the go! Mind you, I'm still working on the job part - I'm a French Substitute teacher and waiting for this year's job posting to come out in the hopes that I can get something this year.

Oddly enough, Disney wasn't my first choice. I was all set to head to Vegas and get 'er done! Philip really wanted his family there though, and that didn't fit my Vegas idea. We go to Disney every two years with his family, so when I stumbled upon DFTW, I KNEW it was us. I tell everyone that the fairy tale wedding is my "compromise." Heh!

We're getting married on February 15, 2011 at Sea Breeze Point, with a lunch reception at The Attic. I'm hoping for a Dessert Party, and Philip is waiting for money to grow on trees before he agrees to it. We have 22 on our guest list right now, and many family members telling us what they really think about us leaving them off of our list.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's PJ's and TR's, like I said before, so a big thank you to everyone! It really helped when I couldn't do anything but wait...and wait...and wait. I'm SURE you'll see inspiration from all of you in my posts

(and if anyone can help with the pictures...I'd love to show my dress! And us! I've put my pics on photobucket and used the little mountain icon, and they always come up with a little box and a broken icon in them. Grrr. I'd ask DF, since he's a programmer and actually KNOWS stuff, but I don't want him coming back to this page!)

Last edited by neener3; 02-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

You can not post pictures directly to a post. Here is what you can do to show off your wonderful wedding ideas and purchases:

• Get a free photobucket account at www.photobucket.com.
• Then upload your pictures to there.
• Once they are uploaded click on the "share" button just above the picture.
• Then click on the "get link code" button.
• Finally, click once on the IMG code to highlight it then right click to copy and paste it into this thread.
• Then your pictures will show up when you want to post them.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear all of your wedding plans! We are up in the air about a dessert party too. We are doing a morning wedding so not sure if that would be too long of a day for everyone
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

oh ICQ, that brings back memories...

I can't wait to hear about your plans! We will be in WDW at the same time as well, my wedding is February 12th.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Congrats!! Can't wait to read all of your plans!!!

My Dream Disney Wedding in Wisconsin PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post37093756
pixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
You can not post pictures directly to a post. Here is what you can do to show off your wonderful wedding ideas and purchases:

• Get a free photobucket account at www.photobucket.com.
• Then upload your pictures to there.
• Once they are uploaded click on the "share" button just above the picture.
• Then click on the "get link code" button.
• Finally, click once on the IMG code to highlight it then right click to copy and paste it into this thread.
• Then your pictures will show up when you want to post them.
Thanks! I think I've got it now! We'll see anyway...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
neener3
Mouseketeer

Moving along...

I think I've got the pictures sorted out!

Here were are our last trip with the fam

This is what we used for our Save the Dates. We wanted something simple and easy...we had Philip's mom take our pictures down the Village near where he grew up, stripped them like an old fashioned photo booth strip, then threw a magnet on the back. We just wanted to get the word out there to people. We actually originally TRIED to just go to a photo booth...DISASTER! But the result was a hilarious keepsake just for us. Man those photo booths are small!

Annnddd the dress! Obviously that's not me lol. I haven't been photographed in the dress. I know it's a weird thing, I just don't want to be until the wedding day. Mind you, I've shown the dress to just about everyone (no boys!). The dress "story" - my BF and I went out just to "take a look"...um, two weeks after DF proposed! Take a look my butt...of course I had to try on! We went to one store and I hated everything. Moved on to the next...we walked in, and there was a girl with this dress on. My BF looked at me, pointed at her, and said "That girl needs to take that dress OFF, and you need to put that dress ON!"
I told her she could arrange that

I put it on and cried, and she cried, and that was it. Didn't mean to find the dress that quickly! I held off ordering it for a few months because I didn't want to make a rash decision. We went to all of the Bridal Shows in town and a few other stores, just looking. I didn't even want to try anything else on, so I went back and the dress was gone!

After my panic attack the woman told me they could still order it in, thank goodness. Word of advice - save your heart attack and order the dress when you find it!

So there we go!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
neener3
Mouseketeer

Ooops...they're huge. I promise my next ones won't be, I figured out how to post the thumbnails...
Old 08-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Beautiful dress!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting Regina! I plan on requesting her for our rehearsal dinner/bridal portaits!
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
Congrats on getting Regina! I plan on requesting her for our rehearsal dinner/bridal portaits!
Thanks! I'm so relieved. And so happy that she'll be doing all of it. It's so bizarre that we get no say in something so important, so I'm happy that it worked out.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
neener3
Mouseketeer

We can get married, the papers are back!

Well our papers were in my mailbox this afternoon, so we can officially get married!

If anyone is wondering whether or not they should go through Brevard County, dooooooo it! We didn't think that we knew a notary at all, but a friend randomly knew someone, so the signature was free. We didn't have to rent a car, and we didn't have to spend a half day going to a courthouse. It was so easy and FAST. I emailed our preliminary information, which they emailed back so that I could print it and have it signed. I'm very impressed.

In other prep news:

- My dress alterations appointment is tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well!

- I made an appointment to get my nails prettied.

- Made an appointment with MAC to have a bridal consultation. Patricia LeJeune is doing my makeup the morning of the wedding, but I'm not having her come back for the MK shoot. My MOH is great at doing hair, so she's doing it the MK morning. MAC will give me an hour consult as long as I make a $50.00 commitment to buy products from them. So I'll do my makeup myself.

- My bachelorette is this weekend. Our Zumba instructor is coming to do a "strip tease" lesson. HA! This should be good...
Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

It sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!!! I can't wait until I'm at that point!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #14
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
It sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!!! I can't wait until I'm at that point!
Everything is going really well! Now as long as a snowstorm doesn't come along and screw everything up, we'll be great!

We get married three weeks from today!!!

Also, I had my fitting today and she's taking over an inch on either side of my hips. Yeehaw! Also, I LOVE the bustle she's doing. They didn't show me anything like that at the store. When I walked out she exclaimed "Honey, you look GORGEOUS in that dress!" I'd like to take her home with me so that she can tell me that every day. I'm not asking much....

Zumba killed me tonight. We're using weights and....ouch. I might not be able to write on the board tomorrow!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #15
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are beautiful! I actually prefer the MK shoot in the light because most if the pictures in the dark have to use flash, so you don't get that natural lighting. The sky was gorgeous in your pictures and I really like the setups Regina did.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: