Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
LutheranChick82
I love Disney!

Talking Heigh Ho Heigh Ho it's off to Disney we go!

This is my first Pre-trip report so here goes:

When we will be in Disney: Mid November

The players:
Me, 27 – will be 28 by Disney trip. I live in Indianapolis and work on computers.
I have a wonderful puppy that I am crazy about! I am in a relationship with a wonderful man.
BF, 33 – will be 34 by Disney trip. He lives in Fort Wayne and goes to the Seminary.

My BF and I are going to Disney in November for 9 days!!! We both love Disney and I will be meeting his mom and his grandparents while we are there.

The plan:
We are still just under 5 months out and I already can’t wait!!!! We are going to Universal for 2 days out of the 9 days we will be there.

We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort and it just looks beautiful!!!

When I was at Disney during Christmas 2009 with my family we stayed in condos near Disney and drove there each day. We also didn’t have any dining reservations, so this trip will be extremely different from my last trip.

The food:
We have the deluxe dining plan and here is the list of restaurants we have reservations for:

Narcoosee’s, Tony’s Town Square Tavern, Flying Fish Café, Teppan Edo, California Grill, Coral Reef, Yachtsman Steak House, Donald’s Safari Breakfast, Biergarten, 50’s Prime Time Café, Kona Café, Raglan Road, Jiko, and Cinderella’s Royal Table
We are also going to 2 shows
Spirit of Aloha and Hoop de Doo Musical Review

This seems like such a massive amount of food, I can hardly believe that I’m even thinking about eating at this many places!!!! The BF used to be a chef so he knows so much more about food than I do. It’ll be fun to eat at all these places with someone who knows something about what we’re eating.

The BF is coming to my house the night before we leave – because our flight in fairly early in the morning on Saturday. This way both of our cars will be parked in my garage. My parents are going to pick us up from my house and drop us off at Indianapolis International Airport and pick us up again when we return. My parents will be watching their grand-puppy while we are gone, so luckily I won’t have to worry about DP (Disney Puppy) while we are having fun at Disney. Once we land in Florida we will be taking the Magical Express to our hotel. Once we check in, get into our room, and take a bunch of pictures we will be taking a cab to Orlando to visit Harry Potter. My BF and I both love all things Harry Potter. Everything about this new attraction sounds absolutely wonderful. What Muggle wouldn’t love to walk around the magical village of Hogsmeade? Once we are done at Universal we will head back to Disney – we have reservations at Narcoosee’s for that evening. I’ve seen pictures of the restaurant on-line and can’t wait to see it. To be able to see the Castle from the restaurant will be so cool, since the Castle is of course my favorite part of the Magic Kingdom. When I was there at Christmas time I took about 30 pictures of the Castle while it was changing colors and had the icicles all over it. The first time I saw it all lit up like that, it absolutely took my breath away.

After our first night, I can’t really tell you what parks we are going to on which days. We are going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Thursday night (the 18th) – This sounds like so much fun. Who wouldn’t want to go to a Christmas party with Mickey?!?!?!?

The last time I was in Disney (December 2009) I was with my family. My one uncle had just had hip replacement surgery – so he rented a wheelchair for each day that we were there. So because of this we didn’t really ride a lot of rides or do a lot of things. The BF thinks this is just awful and can’t believe I didn’t do half the things he thought were so much fun. This trip will be different, we will be cramming as much stuff as possible into our vacation. Since we are both able to run and walk fast we’ll be able to cover a lot more ground.

I will be meeting his mom on our first full day there. I can’t lie, I’m pretty nervous about this. I love my BF very much and I want his mom to “approve” of me. Then later on in our trip, we will be meeting his grandparents. This will also be a first meeting for me, so hopefully all goes well.
This is all for now, I’ll be updating as we get closer to trip time!
Read all about our wedding here
Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Sounds Like you have a lot planned!

We love the CBR and will be staying there in September 2010 I think you will just love it too! It is so relaxing after a busy day in the park and it makes you feel like you are on a tropical island

Can't wait to hear more of your plans
michellejed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
LutheranChick82
I love Disney!

Thanks for the reply!!
We have a ton planned!!! I can't wait to get there. I'm so glad to know that you had a good time at CBR. BF is a little worried about it, just because he's never been to that hotel before. I just can't wait to experience everything Disney has to offer and not have to worry about driving and finding parking.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
LutheranChick82
I love Disney!

Good news

So a lot has changed since I last posted!!! We now have a 40% off pin for our trip - it doesn't include our first day there so it's a good thing we had already planned on eating outside of the park. Also my boyfriend just found out that Disney added an extra day to free dining, so we'll be saving one day on our dining plan from that. It's amazing how all this is falling together.

At first we were so excited about getting 20% off through AAA and that was stretching our budget then. For the summer by boyfriend had a job in Canada all lined up, when he got to the Canadian border the border guard didn't want to let him in - so then we were faced with the fact that he may not have a job for the summer. That's when he found out about the 40% discount he had received - that certainly made it all a little easier. Luckily the border guard finally decided to let him in (a whole week after he was supposed to have been in Canada for his job). Now our trip is almost paid off (the Disney part anyway).

I wanted to help pay for the trip, since I don't expect him to pay our entire way on his own. Since I haven't had a chance to pay AAA for any part of our trip yet I decided to pay for the tickets to Universal. We haven't paid for them yet - because he wants to wait until he's back from Canada to get the tickets. Also, there is no reason for them to have our money so far in advance of us going in November.

That's it for now, thanks for reading.
All replies are welcome!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

I'm in...
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
LutheranChick82
I love Disney!

Talking Exciting news

So I just found out that we are getting free Dining for one of the nights we are there!!! I can't believe how much you can save when you stay onsite and plan all your meals ahead of time. When I was at Disney with my family in December of 2009 we stayed at some condos about 10 minutes from Disney and just ate at the little snack places they have everywhere.

That's all for now!
Thanks for reading

Tags
caribbean beach resort, november 2010

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: