Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2010, 04:14 AM   #1
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Three Generations Hit 'The New Generation' Trip Report COMPLETE

Pre-Trip

The cast Me (29) never understood grown up's liking Disney, Mum (62) thought Disney was lovely for kids and DD (5) absolutely loves Princesses and Villains strangely enough.

I can't quite remember how this trip came about, except I wanted to do something special for dd, it's been a rough year for personal reasons and she has been a trooper

I always thought Disney was well out of my reach, I wasn't that keen on the idea and it cost ££££ lol Mum had seen the adverts for the New Generation on tv and spotted the 40% off all I can remember is her telling me she'd done a search on the Disney website and the price was ALOT less than we thought. So the seed was planted hmmmmmm maybe this can be done and the search began, after much pricing up we decided on S Lodge and eventually booked through a travel agent. That night mum and I were looking at Expedia again and couldn't believe it when we saw that Hotel New York was only a little more than SL, I called the agent up in the morning and asked if we could change, they quickly got back to me saying it was done and even cheaper than I thought they only charged an extra £50

The plan was to keep it a surprise we had something like 12 weeks to go .... this lasted 3 whole days I broke the news to dd, I don't think she really believed me and 12 weeks is forever when you're 5!!!

I stumbled across the disboards and all you helpful people, which believe me was an absolute blessing, I found the Disney brochures really hard work to make head nor tail of.

Mum was so excited and something was happening to me ..... Disney magic was starting to grow I bought dd a lanyard from the Disney Store and ordered a stack of pins on ebay .... each Wednesday morning before she woke I would plant a pin somewhere she would find it and told her Tinkerbell has left her a pin so she knows it's 12/11/10/9 (you get the idea) weeks until we go to Disney. The buying began I picked up a few new dresses to add to the existing collection and dd asked family not to buy her easter eggs and instead give her couple of pounds to save. DD was brilliant, she has a really wise mind for a 5 year old, I told her we were saving all our pennies for Paris and that was it she didn't once ask for anything not a toy or treat bless her.

After researching it I decided to go for the Shareholder's Club and went through the process, it was all really easy and I started using the card in Disney Store here Before we left I bought dd a pink sparkly princess case, daisy duck aluminium water bottle, tinkerbell fan, some bits of clothes, towel all from Disney, M & S had some cute Minnie tops so they were added to the collection as I figured it would be cheaper here. Everytime I saw mum she seemed to have bought something for the trip even if it was just sachets of Calpol!!!

The weeks eventually rolled on the disboards and the Brit Guide became my bedtime reading, we had several copies of the brochure as the one was looking a little well read lol, dd had already memorised the parade order and small world from youtube videos and somehow it all came together .... I started to believe this was meant to be

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 01-28-2011 at 06:25 PM.
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

You sound like you've been bitten by the bug!! We also got the Tinkerbell fan from the Disney Store before our trip!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

This is a lovely pre trip report, what a lovely idea hiding pins for your daughter to find glad to hear you have fallen in love with Disney, hope your trip was magical and can't wait to read all about it.
loladelorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

What a fabulous idea for counting down the weeks! Think Tinkerbell may have to do something similar in our house.

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Day 1

Very belated I am at last going to do the trippie! So here goes .....

The big day was finally here June 9th, we'd synchronised watches the night before and after some last minute packing got to bed 'early' which actually ended up being late at 11:30pm .... then you guessed it I was so excited I couldn't sleep 1:30am passed by then the next thing I knew it was 3:15am time to get up for our 6:40am flights

Taxi to the airport turned up on time and we were off ... yay!

We flew with Air France from Manchester, not a problem and a good opportunity to brush up on my Bonjour's. At the airport we had transfer vouchers for the VEA so headed straight there. There was a coach full waiting to leave, I exchanged our voucher and experienced our first queue 'french style' lol We only had to wait 10 mins or so for another coach, can't remember how long it took but the journey was no more than 40 mins and I loved the chance to have a nosey at all the other hotels before finally getting to the New York.

Only a few other families were staying here, all of which beat us to check in but we didn't mind we were far too busy taking it all in. Mum headed off to find the toilet's so I parked the cases outside the boutique with dd to wait ....... Lo and behold I looked to my right and there was Minnie with Pluto just walking out to do the 11:30am meet and greet, that was it dd took no coaxing she was off i did a quick dash into the shop to pick up an autograph book and much to my annoyance forgot to use my shareholder card (I know it's only pennies saving on the book but I had soooo looked forward to flashing it at DLP lol).

We couldn't have wished for a better start to the trip, whilst everyone else was hustling to check in dd had Minnie and Pluto all to herself, I could've cried it was perfect, dd was just in awe.

Check in was a breeze the staff on the desk were great chatting with dd, we put the cases at the luggage drop and headed out for our first look at DLP!

Walking through the Village that first time was magical, dd didn't know where to look, we didn't hang around too much we were so excited to see the park. We headed through the bag search, which was a pain for them today as I had crammed so much stuff in my back pack ready from the plane for all weathers.

After I figured out which way to put the tickets through we got past the turnstiles, this is really straightforward but I was really tired ... duh!

Our first impression of the park was that we loved it, granted we have nothing to compare it to. Main street was bustling with people, the atmosphere felt great. We decided to just do a quick walk about to get our barings and dd couldn't wait to get down towards the castle.

After standing and gawping at the castle we walked across the bridge and through into Fantasyland where the Carousel greets you, who doesn't love a Carousel the music, the colours, it's all just so magical .... especially with Mary Poppins and Bert in front of it .....

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010

Last edited by tinkertaylor05; 11-24-2010 at 02:36 PM.
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

great start, im anxiously waiting for the next bit
i see the bug has well and truly bitten!!! yaaaay for the feb trip! where are you staying next time?

Precious Trips:
2010:Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011:Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012:Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013:Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October

Upcoming Trips:
2014:Disneyland Hotel - May ** Newport - November 2015Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: