Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Talking Aimee & Brent's Dream Wedding~09/17/11 Castaway Cay~Update Wedding

Index

*Planning Journal*

How we met (Below)
Proposal
Dress
Save the Dates
Flowers, Cake, and Photography
Brent's Outfit
Adventures in Fish Extenders and Alterations
My Dress! With me in It!
Invitation Wording ~ Help!
Passport Invitations
Reception Invitations
My Amazing Race Wedding Shower/Bachelorette Party
Something Blue/Shoes
Tiara
Music
Reflections (One week to go!)
One Last DIY Project ~ Disney Bride Shirt

*Trip Report - Dream Wedding & Cruise*

A Sneak Peek Picture
Link to Pictures
Trip Report - Day 0 (Packing!)
Trip Report - Day 1 (Travel)
Trip Report - Day 1 (Continued, Pop Century, EPCOT)
Trip Report - Day 2 (Getting to the Dream!)
Trip Report - Day 2 (Continued, Legal Ceremony)
Trip Report - Day 3 (Nassau)
Trip Report - Day 3 (Continued, Parasailing, FE Gifts)
Trip Report - Day 3 (Continued, Palo and Pirates)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day ~ Getting Ready)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day Continued ~ Ceremony Pictures)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day Continued ~ The madness after the ceremony)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day Continued ~ Even more pictures)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day Continued ~ Cake/Champagne Reception)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day Continued ~ There is a trip after the wedding/Castaway Cay)
Trip Report - Day 4 (Wedding Day Continued ~ One last night on the Dream)
Trip Report - Day 5 (Saying Goodbye to the Dream)

Cost of a DCL Wedding & Disneymoon

*Hi!*

Hi ~

Boyfriend and I have decided on a Disney Dream Wedding - September 2011 hopefully on Castaway Cay. Thought I'd start sharing my progress/plans/thoughts, etc.

A little background. We are not officially engaged. He is currently having "the talk" with my mama. We are from St. Louis, MO and have lived together the past year. Started dating January 17, 2009.

*How we met*

We met on Yahoo Personals (now part of Match.com). I like NEVER EVER wanted to do online dating (like ever). But I had moved back to St. Louis from graduate school and was finding it really hard to meet someone. I'm not a "party girl" and meeting someone at a bar wasn't going to happen.... My friends didn't have any single guy friends.... I didn't have a childhood guy friend that was single.... Well I did but he is gay, so that wouldn't work. So my BFF forever, KARA, who was in town visiting family for Christmas, met her DH online. She talked me into posting a profile. I was too nervous and had her do it.

After talking to a few people online, I got a and a "Hello" from Brent. We talked online. He called. I didn't answer. And finally called him back.

We set up the basic dinner (Friday's) and a movie (Gran Torino) date. I figured if we didn't like each other at least we'd have some distractions.

So long story short. That night went well. We had a second date the next day (Applebee's and the Zoo). And a third date the next day (couldn't even tell you what it was). I like to say he just never left after that. 6 months later I bought a house and he moved in.

Last edited by stl_figment; 07-02-2014 at 01:26 PM.
stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
rachy
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading more x

rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Welcome and congratulations!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
Ann117
DIS Veteran

welcome!! Looking forward to more
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
pigfishinn
Mouseketeer

Mom said yes!!!

Oh yeah - I am mom - love you Aimee!!!!

P.S. My name is Becky
pigfishinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Welcome and congrats

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
bdps2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_figment View Post
Hi ~

Boyfriend and I have decided on a Disney Dream Wedding - September 2011 hopefully on Castaway Cay. Thought I'd start sharing my progress/plans/thoughts, etc.

A little background. We are not officially engaged. He is currently having "the talk" with my mama. We are from St. Louis, MO and have lived together the past year. Started dating January 17, 2009.

We are also planning on the DREAM in September. We have the Castaway Kay booked for 9-10-11!!!

And eventually, I'll make one of these journals.. Wont be as interesting.. ONe Tux.. normal shiny shoes.. no dresses and stuff..

Brian
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
BammBamm
Earning My Ears

Hi stl figment
I am a StL mom whose daughter was married 9/29 at WDW (Epcot-Japan/Cali Grill/DP Epcot French Isles..It was beautiful..Disney does Magic. Do you have a Wedding Planner for Cruises?
Best of Luck will be checking in to see how your plans are coming along.
Hi to Disney Diva another Stl Disney Bride
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #9
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdps2011 View Post
We are also planning on the DREAM in September. We have the Castaway Kay booked for 9-10-11!!!

And eventually, I'll make one of these journals.. Wont be as interesting.. ONe Tux.. normal shiny shoes.. no dresses and stuff..

Brian
Hi Brian! I think the beach is a perfect choice. And just a week before me - Happy Planning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammBamm View Post
Hi stl figment
I am a StL mom whose daughter was married 9/29 at WDW (Epcot-Japan/Cali Grill/DP Epcot French Isles..It was beautiful..Disney does Magic. Do you have a Wedding Planner for Cruises?
Best of Luck will be checking in to see how your plans are coming along.
Hi to Disney Diva another Stl Disney Bride
Hi ~ Glad your daughters wedding was beautiful, I'm excited for my own. We do have an assigned DFTW planner for the cruise, beyond that I don't, I'm not using a travel agent or wedding planner here.

So in wedding planning news. My future MIL called me yesterday - we all got our assigned dinner times and show times on the ship. Well they didn't match but one quick phone call and it was fixed. We have the 6 pm (main seating) dinner time and 9 pm show time. I think it'll be great so we don't have to rush at all.

Other than that we are just trying to figure out when to spend time in Disney before or after the cruise as future hubby only gets a week off work and the cruise leaves on a Thursday. We also want to have an MK/Epcot photo shoot and if he's not to see me in my dress before the wedding we can't take the pictures til monday. So things to ponder. Any thoughts?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Planning....

Finally have more plans in place.

Flying down night before and staying at Pop. After the cruise we are spending Sunday evening-Saturday (way way too early) at All Star Music for our Disneymoon. I'm driving Brent crazy looking at restaurants in order to make dinner reservations.

I am extremely excited that my Maid of Honor is coming over from Australia. She's my Italian sister (lived with my family when I was a senior in high school). She is also bringing my "something borrowed" for the wedding. In sad news, I'm not sure the Best Man is coming. My fiance's brother joined the military so it is looking like he is unable to attend, but we are proud of him for serving.

We booked our St. Louis reception for October 1st. We are slowly working on sending out Save the Dates/Invitations. I have a mock passport invite complete for those coming on the cruise. I am trying to decide on a very cheap option for Save the Dates and Invitations for the reception. I'm also looking on cheap options for food/decor. We don't have a lot of wiggle room in the budget.

I'm thinking of creating post cards through some sort of online template for the save the dates and having them printed at Kinkos (or similiar). I found a couple cute ideas but am work so I will post the links later.

Last edited by stl_figment; 07-18-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your engagement, I am looking forward to reading more!

I am getting married on CC on 11-1-11! I cannot wait...we also did the passport invites as our invites, they came out great and were a big hit!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
PrincessTinker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Lisa, I knew it was you on last weeks podcast. I referenced your planning journal a ton when I was preparing for my trip. So thanks!

I haven't had a chance to listen to either one yet my mother in law was visiting. Hopefully ill get to catch up later today

Aimee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: