Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

2400 pictures! Beach Club, Universal, and Bay Lake Tower Grand Villa-COMPLETE!

We're just home from our May 2010 Disney trip! This was a nine night/ ten day, 3 resort, 11 person vacation. I have a lot to share! I did take 2400 pictures...but I promise I won't share them all! Let's get started.

Here's the trip itinerary:
May 5th Arrive at Beach Club Villas
*Beaches & Cream and Stormalong Bay*
May 6th Epcot
*Flower & Garden Festival, Akershus, Rose & Crown, Chefs de France*
May 7th DHS and transfer to Universal
*Cape May Cafe, Sci-Fi Drive In, and Royal Pacific Resort*
May 8th Islands of Adventure
*Mythos, face painting*
May 9th Universal Studios and transfer to Bay Lake Tower--Grand Villa!
*Mother's Day, Lombard's, and pics of a $10,000/night hotel room*
May 10th MK and swim day
*Re-thinking our plans, Bay Lake Tower pool, 'Ohana, Spectromagic*
May 11th AK
*Face painting, tatoos, Whispering Canyon Cafe*
May 12th MK
*Main Street Barber Shop, Cinderella's Royal Table*
May 13th DHS
*Last time we were here 4 of ten of us, left Prime Time Cafe with wet pants--will we really try it again?*
May 14th MK and go home
*A day of favorites or never-got-to's, Crystal Palace*

And finally, meet the family...
Me (37) The OCD planner and obvious Disney fanatic.
DH (39) Stay-at-home-Dad. Enabler of my OCD planning. Also a Disney fanatic.
Jacob (5)--This is his 4th trip to WDW. He's been to DL once and on one Disney Cruise. All of our children our seasoned travelers, since they go with me on business trips. He and his brother have been to 15 states and a few other countries. He loves planning and doing projects for Disney trips almost as much as I do. I'm so proud! He is willing to go on almost any ride (at least once!) His favorite princess is Snow White (You should see the way he looks at her! ) and his favorite character is Goofy (for the moment.)
Max (3)--This is his 3rd trip to WDW. He's also been to DL once and on a Disney Cruise. His favorite princess is Ariel. He won't even get his picture with any others. This trip, he wasn't up for many for rides.
Ella (15 months)--A beautiful princess--what else can I say? This is her 2nd trip to WDW and she was on the Disney Cruise with us as well.

We met DH's family at Universal and spent the rest of the trip with them. Yes, we even stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with them and didn't get sick of them. His family includes his mother (MIL to me and this is how I will refer to her from now on), his step-father (FIL), sister (SIL), her husband (BIL), and there two children Kyle (6) and Avery (4.)

Here are the main pages:
Homemade projects completed for this trip

DAY 1
Arrival at the Beach Club
Beach Club--part 2
Dinner at Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream continued--with food pics incl. No Way Jose!
A walk on the Boardwalk with my 4yr old street performer

Day2
Breakfast at Akershus
Akershus continued and rope drop at Epcot
Search begins for a talking garbage can/ More Epcot/ Rose & Crown Pub
Future World
World Showcase
Dinner at Les Chefs de France

DAY 3
Breakfast at Cape May Cafe/ Rope drop at DHS
Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive In Theater
Transfer to Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Studios
End of Day 3/ Dinner at Jake's

DAY4
Islands of Adventure
More IOA
More IOA--Seuss Landing
More IOA--mostly aerial shots
Lunch at Mythos
The rest of IOA
Don't know when to call it quits!

Booked a trip for December 2010!

DAY 5--Mother's Day
Continental breakfast/ Universal Studios
More Universal Studios incl. Simpson's Ride
More rides and characters incl. Shrek
Lunch at Lombard's Landing/ Jaws/ Disaster
Grown-up rides/ Kid rides
KidZone continued and the rest of US
Checking into Bay Lake Tower GRAND VILLA!
More GV pics and dinner at Contempo Cafe

DAY6
Rope Drop at the Magic Kingdom
Toon Town
Bay Lake Tower Pool/ Polynesian Hotel
Dinner at 'Ohana
Balloons/ Baby's 1st ears/ SpectroMagic Parade

DAY7
Almost lost a BIL/ Day at Animal Kingdom
Face Painting adnnd Finding Nemo
More AK and lunch at Yak and Yeti counter service
The Boneyard and tatoos
Kilamanjaro Safari
Jammin' Jungle Parade
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Back to BLT

DAY8
Cool do's at Main Street Barber Shop
The finished do's
Fantasyland
Tomorrowland and lunch at Cosmic Ray's
A little more MK
Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
CRT continued
Evening at MK and Wishes

DAY9
Bad hair day/ DHS
More fun at DHS
Ride a coaster or rescue a kid?/ lunch at Studio Catering Co.
Movie under the Stars/ Top of the World Lounge
Fireworks from TOTWL/ Electric Water Pageant

DAY10--Last Day!
Last day must-do's at MK
The fairies and more
Lunch at Crystal Palace & saying goodbye
Buzz, Stitch, and a Space Shuttle
Max's big surprise, a parade, and THE END!

Thanks for reading! Now please comment so it keeps bumping this TR up where others will see it and read it! Thanks! If you'd be interested in reading a TR for our 12 Days of Christmas trip please encourage me, and I'll consider it!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-17-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
sydprincess
Crazy about Mickey, my hubby and my girls!

Welcome back! Cannot wait to hear all about it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear all about BC and BLT!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydprincess View Post
Welcome back! Cannot wait to hear all about it!
Thank you! I'm completely exhausted! The only thing I've done today is load my 2400 pictures onto my computer (and take care of three kids.) My DH has done the grocery shopping, mowed the lawn, made dinner, and gave the kids a bath! Wish I had his energy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Can't wait to hear all about BC and BLT!
It was my first time at both. I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures to post!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebelle21 View Post
Sounds like a great trip! I can't wait to read about your adventures!
It was a fabulous trip! "Adventures" is a good word for our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I was at the Beach Club at the same time, 5/6-5/11! Can't wait to read more of your TR!
And welcome back to you too! We loved The Beach Club. We'll definately be back. What did you think?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
It was a fabulous trip! "Adventures" is a good word for our trip!

And welcome back to you too! We loved The Beach Club. We'll definately be back. What did you think?
How could you not love the Beach Club? It's so pretty and I loved walking from there to Epcot. If I can ever afford it again, I'd definitely go back! I'm thinking I'll probably have to stick to moderates for a while!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
katiebelle21
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great trip! I can't wait to read about your adventures!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I was at the Beach Club at the same time, 5/6-5/11! Can't wait to read more of your TR!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Day 1:
We arrived in Orlando before 2pm and picked up a quick sandwich before boarding MME. I was concerned when we got there and were first in line to the Beach Club that a bus had probably just left and we might be there for a while. Fortunately, they had actually just loaded a bus and came back in a few minutes to let us on too! We'd be at the Beach Club soon!

We were welcomed and quickly checked in although our villa wasn't ready yet. The CM gave DH and me an anniversary button, Ella a "First Visit" button, and not to leave out the boys, they received a "We're Celebrating" button along with several Mickey stickers. The boys insisted on putting all of them on their shirts. (They had Pilot wings from the airplane too!)

We had planned ahead and had the boys wear their swimming trunks on the plane. We packed the rest of our suits in our carry-on bag and we made a quick change in the bathroom and hit the pool! What a pool! There were some adorable ducklings hanging out in and around the pool too. See the last picture.

The boys and I got right into the pool while DH picked up and filled our refillable mugs (included with the DxDDP--more on this topic later!) As soon as he got back with the drinks, my phone rang with a message that our room was ready. DH decided to take the baby to our room to put our suitcase and stroller away and see the room of course.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 05-16-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #10
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile janny

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting....your children are absolutely precious!!

I have to thank all of you for giving me so many recent hours of such fun reading your trip itineraries. I've enjoyed the pictures and spent time having such good laughs at the witty descriptions of each and every trip.....I had to sign on tonite to tell you all. As this is my maiden post, I will try to learn the tricks of the trade on how to post pictures etc. and make mine eventually as fun to read.
We haven't vacationed in a very long time as one of our daughters is comatosed and cannot travel. It will be 6 years in June that the little angel lapsed into a coma after a 106.8 fever that caused imminent seizures brought upon by encephalitis. Most probably from an insect bite. Source never was fully determined. Our 2 other children have been such troopers to have sacrificed vacations due to our situation. June 28th though, we are GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!! Our little one will be in the capable hands of my parents.....could only leave her with my mom who is also a Registered Nurse as am I.....She requires full time around the clock nursing care. I am a wreck about boarding a plane and leaving her behind, but our 2 other kids really deserve this trip. 4 nights at the Beach club.....10 years ago we stayed at the port orleans, but we decided this trip on a place closer to Epcot. DH insisted on the dining plan....don't know how we'll ever pay off this credit card, but God will provide. It is time for us to make some happy memories. Thank you all again for posting, as I am learning MANY great tips. Happy reading and everyone have a great Spring & Summer!! God bless!!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #11
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

Hellooooooooooooooooo

Welcome Janny!!

Cant wait to hear all about your trip!! So glad u joined us! Tell us about your kids!

We will be at the BC for a trip in JULY!!! Cant wait! Bring on the fun!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #12
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile janny

Thanks for the warm welcome Mousekamaddi!!!!! Great to be able to "post" and talk back!!!!
We have 3 children, 17 y.o son (junior) 12 y.o daughter (6th grader) and our sweet angel (8 y.o.) The time flies. Just married 20 years....feels like yesterday!!! We had to choose this year....who knows what next year brings with a college bound young man!!! He is a varsity football and baseball player. All around great kid....honors and AP student....Our 12 y.o. is musically inclined. Great vocalist and piano enthusiast. How about yours?? Do you have a trip blog too? I'll eventually be able to commandeer these threads!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Janny! You sure deserve a magical trip! I wish the best for you and your family!

Mousekamaddi!

I'll add more to my TR tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday are long days at work!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #14
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

May 6, 2010

Day 2
This morning we had an 8am ADR for Akershus...or so we thought! It was a beautiful morning and it's such a nice walk to Epcot. The boardwalk is beautiful in the morning.

We got to the World Showcase entrance at about 7:40am. We were the only ones there. They asked if we had breakfast reservations and said they'd open up as soon as they got word to do so. When they got the okay to let us in at about 7:55, the CM checked the ADR list and we weren't on it. I know we had an ADR and even had the confirmation number with us. The CM was going to make a phone call but the person in charge said to just let us go through.

We walked swiftly but took the time to snap a few photos of an empty Epcot.

Unfortunately we weren't on the list at Akershus either, but since they weren't full they never looked into why we weren't on the list. It just annoyed me a bit that they seated a whole bunch of people before us even though we were there before them. I tried to just relax and tell myself we don't HAVE to make rope drop at 9am (even though I really wanted to!)

While we were waiting in line for our photo with Princess Aurora, Max tripped over DH's foot and hit his head into the post that held the rope for the line. He hit his forehead quite hard and started crying. CMs offered him ice and he used it. We skipped our picture with permission to come back later to do it. Looks like we weren't going anywhere fast today!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #15
dd50
DIS Veteran

Doesn't sound like that day got off to a good start. Hopefully it gets better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: