Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Lindsay's journal.....3 half marathons later and I'm still at it updated 7/12

I havent noticed alot of pictures on these posts but I am a picture person so I am sorry if I am breaking the rules but I will post pics as I start my journal.

I am so glad I came across these boards. I feel like this will be the outlet I have been missing. Its not easy to find a large group of people who are going through the same thing at the same time. So in advance I thank you all.

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Lindsay and I am 31. I am a mother of 2 handsome boys. DS5 and DS2. I have been happily married for 6 1/2 years to my dh Mike. Mike also has weight issues and we usually go up and down together. He is very supportive of me and I think me getting motivated will help him as well.

Here is me on my wedding day.

I weighed in at 153lbs.

then I had my first baby Ryan and post baby I weighed around 186lbs.

Here I am with my aunt, my mom (holding my DS Ryan). I stayed at this weight until the spring before my best friends wedding.

I decided that I did not want to be the "fat" girl in the picture so I joined weight watchers for the um teenth time and lost 23lbs.

Here I am at 163lb......not bad right?

These are my cousins who have been like sisters to me growing up.

and I pretty much made my goal of looking good at my friends wedding.

then came baby #2. Nicholas was born in 2007. I finished that pregnancy at 200lbs even. After I had him I lost 10-15 lbs. Here Is a pic of me and the boys.

The stress of having two young boys to focus my time on and a full time job that I needed to excel at was enought to put my emotional eating into overload. That plus the new home we moved to right before having nicholas was surrounded by fast food resturaunts. I mean anything you want within 1/4 of a mile. McD's, BK, Wendy's, Long John Silvers, KFC, Taco bell, Arby's, etc. I am not exagerating!

Here is me at 205lb.
spring 2008.

I began running in October 2008 and completed my first 5K in 45 minutes. I did this at 200lbs. I then managed to loose some weight and ran my 2nd 5K in april 2009 and completed it in 35 minutes.

Here I am at 189lbs.

I tried hard to continue my weight loss in the hopes of being thinner for our 1st family disney trip in sept 09. Here we are with some of our favorites.

I left for vacation at 189lb. I have no idea what I came back at but since being home I have been on vacation eating mode. Eat whatever, whenever, and who cares. Its been horrible. I feel miserable. My clothes dont fit and I feel so unhealthy. I am so ready to make a change.

Ok here is my most embarrassing moment/photo that I hope not to have to revisit again except to say "wow can you believe that I looked like that"...

I am currently weighing in at...........................215!

Now I can admit I am a complete junk food lover. I hate most veggies and love carbs and fried foods. I also just love to eat in general and can really stuff myself without much effort. Basically I feel good while I am eating and feel horrible once I am done. Its a revolving door.............that I need to stop for good!

My Goals:

Wt Loss: 60lbs

Event: Hopefully the princess 1/2 marathon 2011 if not then definitely a 1/2 closer to home sometime spring of 2011.

Food Plan: I plan on using the old weight watchers points system (since thats
what I know best) along with making healthier choices and trying
to eat 3 smaller meals with 2 snacks.

Running Plan: I will follow the C25K probably starting in the 3-4 week since I
have been running for the past week or so. I am running in a 5
K this sunday. (spur of the moment friend registered and cant
make it). I then will move on to C210K and then train for the
1/2 marathon.

I am hoping you all can support and inspire me along the way. I sure will need it. I am going to try to post updates frequently but at least a weekly wt and run update. Each month I will post a new picture too. Hopefully you will see less of me in the picture next month!

Last edited by mommyof2Pirates; 07-14-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: updated
mommyof2Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Let me quick just fill you in on the situation about the princess 1/2 marathon. A trip to disney really isnt in my budget until summer of 2012. We plan on going as a family along with my parents.

Well I have come up with a brilliant idea. Why not propose a trip to my mom. I sign up for the princess 1/2 and she can come along as my cheerleader. We spend a few days together at disney for an all girls weekend.

So I called her a few days ago and filled her in on my brilliant idea. She then asks how I am going to afford this. I say well this is where you and dad come in. Now let me just say I am an only child so I still am a little spoiled. My parents spend hundreds of dollars at xmas and birthdays on us so I figured that they can forego the gifts this year and take me to disney instead. I thought for sure my mom would tell me I am crazy but instead she says....................."I will have to think about it" Now this simple phrase has brought back so many childhood memories of " Mom can I sleep at _____ house"...."I will think about it".....remember those days? Well I think back and I remember the "I will think about it" phrase usually ended up being a YES! So hopefully my mom gives me her decision soon but the back up plan would be to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in our area spring of next year if the decision is no

So until then I will pray that I just may be able to get back to my happy place sooner than later. I will keep you all posted!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I see I have no one following along with me yet so I feel like I am talking to myself, but I figured I would keep on posting.

I decided that what better time to start my lifestyle change then today. I tried to make healthier eating choices and I drank a ton of water. I also got on the treadmill tonight too. I figured the next few days will be my warm up to weight watchers and then I will start counting the points on monday. It will give me time to get to the grocery store and get some healthier food choices in this house.

I am running in a 5K on sunday. I am not sure how well its going to go since I just started back on the treadmill a week ago. My goal is to be done in 40 minutes or less. Last year my time was 36.01. After the race I will take a few steps back and start the c25k program.

I will update again after the race to let you all know how I did. I am hoping the weather forecast changes.....Its suppose to be 54 and rainy

I will try my best and remember the quote I read on here the other day......It doesnt matter if you finish last.....At least you finished! (thanks to whoever posted that on their board"
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
VernRDH
Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mickey Mouse

Hi Lindsay and welcome to WISH!!

I will be the first to come over and see what's going on with your journal. We are kind of similar. I too am doing WW on my own. I have already run 2 half marathons, with 2 more scheduled for this year. I started my weight loss journey at 219 lbs (and I'm only 4'11"). Currently I am at 167, my goal is 125. It is a journey for certain, and I started in 2007! I am going to be at goal by my 40th b-day this November. (Notice I didn't say hope to be, I am saying going to be, no doubt this time)

Pop on over to my journal if you like, I journal all my food there each day, along with my exercise. It helps keep me accountable and if I know that someone else is checking in on me, I keep it honest.

I also captain a WISH team, if you are interested, join up. My team is the Incredibles.

Good luck-I will be here!
VernRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

thanks so much for joining me. I like your idea about journaling your food on here, I think I am going to do that as well. Its an easy way to keep track and if I know other people might be reading it will help me to eat good! Thanks for inviting me to join your team. Do you have a team blog? What does it entail to join the team? Is anyone running in the princess 1/2 next year from your team? Sorry for all the ? but I am new to this area of the boards.

Thanks,
Lindsay
Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
VernRDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
thanks so much for joining me. I like your idea about journaling your food on here, I think I am going to do that as well. Its an easy way to keep track and if I know other people might be reading it will help me to eat good! Thanks for inviting me to join your team. Do you have a team blog? What does it entail to join the team? Is anyone running in the princess 1/2 next year from your team? Sorry for all the ? but I am new to this area of the boards.

Thanks,
Lindsay
Go here and ask Maura to assign you to the Incredibles team. Then go here for the Incredibles page. Basically it is a support group of folks of different ages/abilities/ goals. A number of the ladies are running the Princess 1/2 next year.

Oh and if you didn't find it my journal is here.

Ask any questions, I will do my best to answer them for ya!!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
purplepixiedust
Mouseketeer

Just read your first post and want to say I am so inspired by you. I too have struggled with my weight and my friend and I have just committed to running our first 5K in October. Can't wait to read on...

purplepixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #8
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepixiedust View Post
Just read your first post and want to say I am so inspired by you. I too have struggled with my weight and my friend and I have just committed to running our first 5K in October. Can't wait to read on...
Thats an awesome commitment you have made. You will feel so great after your first 5K it is such an accomplishment especially for us who have or have had weight issues. I remember after my first race I balled my eyes out. I never thought I could be athletic again after gaining 60+ lbs. I will tell you from experience you can do anything you put your mind too. Just believe in yourself!

Thanks for reading along and good luck on your running!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #9
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

My run today was a little harder than previous. I felt tired even when I started. I pushed through it and completed 2.56miles in 32:00

Heres the stats:

Lap Dist: 2.56miles Total Dist: 2.56miles
Avg. Speed: 4.8mi/hr Calories: 247(?)
Avg. Pace: 12:30min/mi Your BMI: 33.1(?)

I noticed on days the sun is out and beating down It gets really tough for me. Luckily I run on tree lined streets so some is shaded. I am the goofy person hoping for cool and cloudy weather at the princess 1/2. Just for the race of course.

The craziest thing happened during my run. this car slows down as its coming in my direction and this guy honks the horn and yells yeah baby. I was like OMG you got to be kidding me. Get a life. Then a minute or so later he drives up behind me and is yelling stuff in spanish at me and whistling. At this point I was getting a little nervous. I was on a main street so I continued to ignore him and kept running. Luckily he drove away and never returned. It kind of freaked me out though.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
VernRDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
My run today was a little harder than previous. I felt tired even when I started. I pushed through it and completed 2.56miles in 32:00

Heres the stats:

Lap Dist: 2.56miles Total Dist: 2.56miles
Avg. Speed: 4.8mi/hr Calories: 247(?)
Avg. Pace: 12:30min/mi Your BMI: 33.1(?)

I noticed on days the sun is out and beating down It gets really tough for me. Luckily I run on tree lined streets so some is shaded. I am the goofy person hoping for cool and cloudy weather at the princess 1/2. Just for the race of course.

The craziest thing happened during my run. this car slows down as its coming in my direction and this guy honks the horn and yells yeah baby. I was like OMG you got to be kidding me. Get a life. Then a minute or so later he drives up behind me and is yelling stuff in spanish at me and whistling. At this point I was getting a little nervous. I was on a main street so I continued to ignore him and kept running. Luckily he drove away and never returned. It kind of freaked me out though.
I too like to run in the shade, but I find wearing a baseball cap helps with the sun alot. I have 2 of the moisture wicking ones, love them. They are life savers.

Oh yes, the idiots in cars who heckle or try to run you off the road. This is why I don't wear an ipod. I want to be aware of my surroundings. Make sure you have your phone with you, you never know when you might need it.

You are doing great-keep up the good work!!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Thanks veronica, I think I will have to invest in a new hat or two. I was out at a local sports store on saturday and I saw a ton of stuff I wanted. I thought this was a cheap sport but the more I get into it the more I realize I could spend just as much on this as my husband does on golf.

Today was my weigh in day!

Week 3: -2lbs
Total= 9.2lbs

I am still happy with the results I mean a healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs per week right? I did begin that dreaded TOM today so given the circumstances I think I did good. Next week I will post an updated picture. I plan on doing this every 4 weeks to monitor my progress visually too. Hopefully I at least look a little less chubby. I definitely feel better and can tell my close are not as snug.

Looks like tomorrows run might be a little wet. The forecast is 50's and rain. If its too bad I might chicken out and just do the treadmill. I never thought it would get to the point that I dread running on the treadmill and love to run outside, but it has and I am glad it did.

Big news today on the boards: The princess 1/2 marathon was moved back a week and now will be on 2/27/11. Not a huge deal. I am more worried about the weather here. I am hoping we do not get delayed in a snow storm. (These are the dumb things I worry about and will worry about until we are in disney). Whats the difference of a week, I dont know but its seems to have everyone in an uproar.

Another big news topic: My aunt who I dont get to see very often has decided to join us on our trip. She has not been anywhere in 20 years and has never been to disney before. This should be fun. So my mommy and me trip which was planned to be relaxed with no worries of fitting everything in; has now turned into how can we fit it all in plus run a 1/2 marathon in 4-5 days. It should be fun and exciting either way.

Talk to you all soon.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
Princess Elly
Earning My Ears

Hello Lindsay

I just found your thread on the Disney princess 1/2 marathon thread and when I read your journal I felt like I was reading my life history. I can't get enough carbs either... or join Weight Watchers to many times.

I am also planning my weight loss around my training for the princess 1/2 marathon. It will be my first time to WDW but my 2nd 1/2 marathon. My daughter and I ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon last Sept. Now we can't wait to go to WDW. Well i wish you great success in your weight loss and your running. Keep up the good work.

Princess Elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elly View Post
Hello Lindsay

I just found your thread on the Disney princess 1/2 marathon thread and when I read your journal I felt like I was reading my life history. I can't get enough carbs either... or join Weight Watchers to many times.

I am also planning my weight loss around my training for the princess 1/2 marathon. It will be my first time to WDW but my 2nd 1/2 marathon. My daughter and I ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon last Sept. Now we can't wait to go to WDW. Well i wish you great success in your weight loss and your running. Keep up the good work.
Glad to know someone else has the same issues. Thanks for the well wishes and support. Good luck on your wt loss and training too. Hope all goes well for you.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Weigh in day today 4 Weeks!

I cant belive I have already been doing weight watchers for 4 weeks now. Its amazing how time flies.

Today is weigh in day and picture posting time. I figured I will post side by side pics every 4 weeks in the same clothing to visualize my progress.

I see a tiny difference this month but more so I feel great. My clothes are less snug, I have alot more energy, and my mood is even better.

This week my runs increase to 38 minutes. I had to switch my running days this week since my dh plays softball and his nights are different than normal. So today I ran 3.1 exactly in 38 mins. Not the fastest time out there but I was proud that I did it. I did have 3 brief walking periods lasting not even a min. The first mile was rough but once I got into the second mile it was all good. I have my next 5K race on saturday. I will run on wed. so that gives my 2 days off prior to the race.

Ok now for the weigh in.......drum roll please.........

this weeks loss 0.8lbs. I was hoping for more but at least its still going down.

Total weight loss= 10lbs in 4 weeks.
First picture: 4/26/10 Second Picture: 5/24/10
Old 05-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Just popping over the check out your journal. Great pictures! I can already see things smoothing out with just 10 pounds. You are going to have a great summer!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: