Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Beauty and the Beach ~ Deluxe Edition

Here we are!! I FINALLY figured out a title (thanks to DizneyDawn!) and got this PTR going!!
If you followed my TR from Dec. 2009, you know who we are.

But for those who don't,
I am Sheree, the uber planner in the family. I used to think I was organized, but then I had kids. I had only been to Disneyland twice as a kid (once at 2 and once at 15) until after I married DH. He brought me to WDW with his family in 1999 and I've been back 6 times since!! Little did he know on that first trip how hooked I'd be!! By day I work as a judicial law clerk (attorney for a judge) and by night, I'm super mom! Okay, just kidding. I am a mom to two beautiful girls and a cute dog. I enjoy scrapbooking, reading, watching sports (Hockey, Baseball and Figure Skating) and all things Disney!!

My DH is, however, super dad!! He spent part of his childhood living in FL, so he was there more often. He works two jobs, and
makes fun of my Disney obsession, but is usually the driving force behind our trips! He loves cars, football and his wife and daughters!!

DD9 ~ Sarah ~ she is my mini-me. She looks just like I did as a kid. She is in 3rd grade, smart as a whip, loves gymnastics, dancing, and she plays softball. She is growing up so fast, I have to keep taking her to WDW to keep her young!! I think her favorite character is Tinkerbell.

DD7 ~ Paige ~ A little spitfire!! She is in 1st grade and loves reading! She's in her third year of dance, also does gymnastics and always has a funny response. Sometimes she doesn't even realize she's so funny! She has always loved Belle (which I think is cool because Belle is a big reader!).

So that's us! This trip came to be last December. We were at the Bay Lake Tower from December 6 - 10 before going on a 3 day Disney Cruise with DH's family. We decided to take the bounceback offer in our room for 40% off Deluxe!!!
We had been invited by my SIL to join them for a week at their timeshare at Cocoa Beach in August 2010. We have a hard time going to FL and not adding a stop at Mickey's place, so we booked for a few days before our scheduled beach trip.
For more details, you can check out my TR in my siggie.

I felt the need to start this PTR TODAY because we are at 100 days out!! We can double digit dance tomorrow!!!

Here's the basics:
The four of us (no extended family with us at WDW!)
4 nights at the Beach Club (Std. room)
July 28 - August 1
Right now we have DDP and 3 day park hopper tickets. But of course, we're planning some changes to that!
I've got my ADRs and will share them with you all soon.
Flights are booked (YAY! No Driving!)

We're planning to rent a car at WDW and drive to the beach after our stay at the Beach Club.

Details will be coming...stay tuned!!!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 04-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful bounce-back! Thanks for sharing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

I'm HERE!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear ALL the juicy details!

Great Title!

100 DAYS!!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I'm here and on the first page!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

And I love the title
Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Sounds like a wonderful bounce-back! Thanks for sharing.
It's a good deal! Thanks for stopping by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
I'm HERE!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear ALL the juicy details!

Great Title!

100 DAYS!!!!!
YAY! Hi Kim!! Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm here and on the first page!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
And I love the title
Woo hoo!! Wigd is here too!
You started me on the right track with the title!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Yes Shawna i'm in a group on the boards and it's great. Just slowly working toward a 15-20 lb loss. We have a thread over on W.I.S.H. I think there's a link in dizneydawn's sig. When you have a 5 lb loss she sends the palm tree.
Wigd - really hoping to meet Teena! I've read a lot from and about her on the yc/bc threads.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Well good for you!! That first 5 is soooo hard!!! I tell you what helps me sometimes...if I take out Dr. Pepper and do water ...add lemon also...it's a metabolism raiser! I am not a work out girl, but if I walk about 3 miles a day I really start to see a loss...I feel better too..keep us posted..you know we will cheer you on!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Well good for you!! That first 5 is soooo hard!!! I tell you what helps me sometimes...if I take out Dr. Pepper and do water ...add lemon also...it's a metabolism raiser! I am not a work out girl, but if I walk about 3 miles a day I really start to see a loss...I feel better too..keep us posted..you know we will cheer you on!!!

Thanks Shawna! I have been drinking a lot more water. I don't drink much soda anyway. But just adding water and watching food intake, trying to eat healthier. It's going okay so far. I have pretty low expectations and am not trying to change everything at once. I'll keep you updated. My boss told me the other day to go buy new pants because mine looked too big! I was thrilled!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks Shawna! I have been drinking a lot more water. I don't drink much soda anyway. But just adding water and watching food intake, trying to eat healthier. It's going okay so far. I have pretty low expectations and am not trying to change everything at once. I'll keep you updated. My boss told me the other day to go buy new pants because mine looked too big! I was thrilled!!!

How exciting!!!! That is wonderful!! Are the girls ready for summer....when do your schools let out?

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
[/B]

How exciting!!!! That is wonderful!! Are the girls ready for summer....when do your schools let out?
We're a long way from summer despite the gorgeous weather! Our school ends on June 10. Paige is already in summer wardrobe mode. She hates socks and would go barefoot everywhere if I let her!
We have gymnastics and dance until about that time too.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

help finding cheap flights

looking for the best deal on flights to MCO from SWF Newburgh NY or White Plains NY airport, dates..July 8 to 20, we are flexible a few days each way for the best deals,myself and DD7, so two tickets, thx!! I have been searching but cant find better than $600 for both of us, maybe u frinds can do better!! I m counting on it!!
MousekaMaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
cassidyh
Mouseketeer

I'm in A little late. DIS newbie. I love your plans so far!!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
The girls' hair styles are adorable! Glad you had a fun Dis meet. Someday we are going to get to the MOA! I just set my DVR to record the Pixar story. Thanks for the heads up Sheree.
Thanks, it was fun. Hopefully you'll get to MOA and we can meet too! It's only 20 minutes from my house. I watched a bit of the Pixar Story. pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Fun DISMEET!!! My kids would love that Blues Clues ride! I took a VB Hipster in January. While it was not hot, I did find that it "cut" into my shoulder and gave me a red spot every day. I tried to switch sides to keep it from rubbing in the same spot. I did have LOTS in the hipster, so it made it heavier than I am sure it needed to be. I am going to go with the large VB backpack this year...hopefully it will help distribute the weight!
Thanks for the info. I'm still debating!! Wish I could get one for $30. Then I'd get one for sure. If I do, I'll remember not to make it too heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyh View Post
I'm in A little late. DIS newbie. I love your plans so far!!
to the DIS and to the PTR! You're never too late around here.

I have found a plastic bin and started to pile stuff in it today. So far all that's in there are the fans, my journal, a notebook Sarah wants to use for a journal and the Hidden Mickey's book. It's about all I could do today. I have this crappy sinus headache and scratchy throat. I even took a nap! That's something I haven't done since, well the last time I was sick probably! DH and the girls were at the beach for a couple hours, but then storms moved in. It's been raining most of the afternoon. Would have been a great day to go see TS3, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it with my headache. We are going for sure before our trip!!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #15
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope your headache goes away soon and you feel better!

I have been filling a plastic bin today, too. I didn't get much farther than you.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: