Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

ALL Aboard a WONDERful TR! FEB 2010 - 3/29 Final Ramblings & a PTR!

All Aboard! Are you ready?

SO this truly IS a first for me, everybody! A TR I am writing, but, can you believe it?! This is a CRUISE TR! Foreign territory for me!
I decided to start it over on the DIS Cruise Board because, well, I figured this is where it really belongs!

Before I begin this cruise extravaganza, however, I want to give you a quick shot of our one day stop at Hilton Head -- where we spent the night on our way home... I will tell you all about HH when I get to that point in the TR, but there is something I want you to see…

This is a mileage sign post. It lists all the Disney resorts and the mileage to get to them from the Hilton Head Resort! Only 307 to the Beach Club Villas, WigD and Christine!! I thought it was very charming… Here is another view of it…. and of course you can see the HH inlet.

Here is another … a little closer …

And a little closer...

There. Now that is nice and clear. SO I am sure you can see it is 2,459 miles from Hilton Head to the Grand Californian in Disneyland. Isn’t that interesting? I don’t know that I would have thought it was very interesting a month ago. But, things change, don’t they? Well, they change, when plans get made… and some plans have been made …

"Boys and girls of every age, wouldn’t you like to see something strange? Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

And if you don’t want to see something "strange" you can wait until my PTR for our...

Halloween Trip to Disneyland

Coming this October 2010.

NOW back to your regularly scheduled CRUISE TRIP REPORT.

My DH and I sailed the Disney Wonder February 25th - 27th, 2010. We had a great time together, and I can't wait to share it with you!

Hope you will sail along!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 03-29-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Signing up!

That sign post is such a great little touch.
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I am ready. So excited i haven't even read yet. Just securing my place on page 1. Be back in a minute...

--------

I am back. Don't know where to start!

Halloween in Disneyland?!?! Tell me more!!

Love the sign with the distance to BCV... if only I were there now!

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise. My DVR just captured the Travel Channel cruise special for the umpteenth time and this time I am determined to watch!

More, More , More!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

HERE!!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Now that I have read, I think it is super cool that you are headed to Disneyland for Halloween! How fun will that be??? Hilton Head looks great, and I am already excited about the cruise report just from the picture of the stacks!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Here! Love the way you started!
So cool that you are going to Disneyland for Halloween! That's going to be an awesome adventure!
Can't wait to get started on this cruise, I'll be taking notes!

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 03-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.
wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

It's me!
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
wsushocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
goldielocksraj
Anxiously awaiting deluxe birthday trip!

Yyyyyeeeeaaa, the cruise TR-finally!!!!

Then, once you're done with this, you can start your PTR!!!!

Then, your TR!

Then, another PTR!!

I love your TR, in case you can't tell .

I don't know if you're helping me count down the days to my delux birthday trip, or if you're inciting me to do one-day non-park trips (mostly to see different resorts, shop, and EAT .

I've been waiting almost thirty years for this trip! December 2010 PTR

First property stay 1/1-1/2/2010 POP Century
goldielocksraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
rgrutland
Mouseketeer

I'm subbing!! Followed you over from your other TR's, I love them all!

I have actually used your story to try to entice my husband to drive to Disney (we are also from MD) "HappyDog drives to Disney all the time!" My hope is to get him to give in sometime this Summer...we'll see.

Lookin' forward to reading along...
December 2008 -YC- w/DD4 & her BFF4 and mom
May 2007 -GF- w/DH, DS5, DD3
rgrutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Signing up!

That sign post is such a great little touch.
Well, Hi! Welcome! I am looking forward to writing all about my cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am ready. So excited i haven't even read yet. Just securing my place on page 1. Be back in a minute...

--------

I am back. Don't know where to start!

Halloween in Disneyland?!?! Tell me more!!

Love the sign with the distance to BCV... if only I were there now!

Can't wait to hear all about your cruise. My DVR just captured the Travel Channel cruise special for the umpteenth time and this time I am determined to watch!

More, More , More!
Thank you Christine!!! YES, Halloween in Disneyland! Well I am going to keep that fun for the end of this TR, and I will add it to my new PTR for the summer!!! I can't say I have too much Disney fun planned, but it is making my head spin!!!! We have a plan for a split stay at Disney and in San Diego -- to go to Lego Land the zoo, and visit some family friends. We have a week with two days off the first week of Nov. So it worked! More will come on this!

YOU should so watch it!! That dang special had been a catalyst for us!!! We had so much fun on this short excursion -- even though we had been on a Disney Cruise before. It was when we were 27 or so, I think, ten years ago basically!

The sign post is really charming, as is all of HH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
HERE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Now that I have read, I think it is super cool that you are headed to Disneyland for Halloween! How fun will that be??? Hilton Head looks great, and I am already excited about the cruise report just from the picture of the stacks!
I know! Total fun! I am really jazzed. We are only in Disneyland for a few days, we are adding this or splitting this with a week in San Diego. We have a resort stay in San Diego so we can go to Lego Land and a few other places, and visit friends! It was easy to convince DH once I reminded him about the Jack Skellington overlay at the HM!!! A Disneyland special!

HH is really pretty! I will give a good report of it as well. I am going to start the real TR probably tomorrow, though, we'll see if I can get at least one entry tonight! BUT that photo was one of my favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Here! Love the way you started!
So cool that you are going to Disneyland for Halloween! That's going to be an awesome adventure!
Can't wait to get started on this cruise, I'll be taking notes!
It was fun! I had to think of something to tell everyone but I had to keep it in order! And finally I was just bursting at the seams with trips I couldn't tell you about, so I just said "Ah Fooey" and put the tickers up! I hope to give you great tips for the cruise you and Marc and Baylor are on this summer!

I'll share all about Disneyland soon, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
It's me!
What, the WINNER Shocker, who could it be if it wasn't you??!!

(Some guy named Marc.... )

So glad you are here!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

In in in! I so want to know all about the cruise, HH and will be along for the trip to CA!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldielocksraj View Post
Yyyyyeeeeaaa, the cruise TR-finally!!!!

Then, once you're done with this, you can start your PTR!!!!

Then, your TR!

Then, another PTR!!

I love your TR, in case you can't tell .

I don't know if you're helping me count down the days to my delux birthday trip, or if you're inciting me to do one-day non-park trips (mostly to see different resorts, shop, and EAT .
You know, when you put it that way... Good grief. I am going to run out of room for links!!!! NEVER fear. That is what size "1" font is for!!!

Oh, there are more than enough activities and resorts to explore and restaurants to sample, that you can TOTALLY make a non-park day! I'd go for it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrutland View Post
I'm subbing!! Followed you over from your other TR's, I love them all!

I have actually used your story to try to entice my husband to drive to Disney (we are also from MD) "HappyDog drives to Disney all the time!" My hope is to get him to give in sometime this Summer...we'll see.

Lookin' forward to reading along...
Oh gee! I am so glad you are enjoying the read so thank you! Well, we just tried that driving out this year, and I have to say it has worked to our advantage -- especially at Christmas and then over February. We got some great rates for air fare in Feb but since we had already committed to HH for a night, it made sense to just stick with our plan. I have to say my DH has often driven the bulk of the time... BUT I say you gotta at least try it once! It isn't awful, so long as you have things to do in the car for kids, and can drive mostly at night.

Thanks for coming over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
In in in! I so want to know all about the cruise, HH and will be along for the trip to CA!
I was thinking that you would like to hear about HH -- as did I! And there is plenty to share (but first we both need to get our BC/VB combo summer stay sorted out!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

I've been a lurker on your xmas report and your last two snow trips so thought I would move on over to your cruise TR, posting this time

Looking fab so far

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #14
nhmomofson
Mouseketeer

We are headed on a 3 day at the end of April and your TR is helping me get excited!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and the wonderful pictures.
nhmomofson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here....page 3, wah!

Your pictures are making me so excited for our maybe cruise next year....assuming I can even pull off the vacation time and don't have to postpone it!

How very very fun!
I hope it works out for you! It was a great short trip, can't wait to take a longer one again!

Quote:
and something funny...Jeff's been so anit cruise in general...he brought up these one day deals they are having up to BC right now as being something fun to do over a weekend.

It is so fun watching them convert. Love that your DH laughs at hidden mickeys. Amazing really that Disney tracks a cruise 10 years ago, what a nice surprise.
That is funny -- they don't want to admit it, but.... Well, he "laughs" and says with mild amusement, "so you are trying to tell me that those three blotches of paint that happen to be close to eachother, and that look like random blotches of paint, are not actually random blotches of paint but are actually INTENTIONALLY placed blotches of paint, strategically located to remind you of "Mickey Mouse"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

Amazing and scary.... but I am not complaining!!! All that data collection has to be used for something!!!

Quote:
I'm glad you were able to add some GC time onto the San Diego trip instead of driving up for the day or 2. It's doable but will be so much more fun being there!

Looking forward to cruising along with you.
Oh yes, we are excited. I was pouting. It worked. I said we cannot possibly go to LA and San Diego over Halloween and NOT NOT NOT go to Disney LAND??!! He agreed... (twist, twist, twist...)

SO we fly to LA, spend two nights at GC, then drive to San Diego. We are staying at the Four Seasons resort. We had time share points and were able to get that resort which is rarely available. It was luck. Can't wait for Lego land, etc!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Wow - the cruise looks fantastic! Loving all the pictures and am really hoping to be able to take a cruise sometime soon.

Sara
Thanks! I have more to post shortly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
I've been a lurker on your xmas report and your last two snow trips so thought I would move on over to your cruise TR, posting this time

Looking fab so far
Awwww SO glad you are here! Great to have you along! We have fun on these! I love sharing and reading! Thanks for coming along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmomofson View Post
We are headed on a 3 day at the end of April and your TR is helping me get excited!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and the wonderful pictures.
OH boy!!! I have lots to share so stick around!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: