Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Erin + Rick's Wishes TR 4/4/11 UPDATE 1/17 : Our disneyweddingblog.com features!

I have decided to create a planning journal to keep a memento of planning and as a way to keep all my ideas in the same spot. I have enjoyed reading others journals and thought someone may enjoy reading mine as well!

Background: Rick and I met almost nine years ago when I had just graduated high school and was starting college. I had just moved into a new town with my mom and sister. Rick and I met through a love of Volkswagens and the rest is history! We have been a couple for just about 8 years. Since we have been together I made my way through undergraduate and graduate school, and have an “adult” job. Rick is 5 years older than I, so he already has the steady job, and luckily was able to help me out at times financially while I was in school.

Our Disney History: Somewhere in the middle of my college career Rick thought we should take a trip to Disney during my break. I hadn’t been to Disney since a one day visit during a band trip to Florida. And before that, only once when I was 3!

One way or another we decided to stay at Pop, and had a great time despite having no dining reservations (gasp!). Fast-forward to our next trip the following year where we decided to “splurge” and book AKL. Not long before our trip, Disney called telling us they had to move our reservation because of construction. They told us we would be moved to SSR in a studio. Not really knowing what that meant, we heartily agreed. Rushing to the computer to find out where we would be staying! Disney called not more than 15 minutes later with “bad news,” the news was that all the studios were booked and we were upgraded to a one-bedroom villa! Needless to say, during that visit we took the DVC tour, and were members less than 6 months later (I guess they made out on the “upgrade.”)

Up next: the proposal

I will try to include as many photos as possible, because I think that makes things more exciting!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT

Last edited by erin.w; 01-17-2012 at 08:02 PM.
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
erin.w
DIS Veteran

November 2009 Trip

Our last visit to the world was November of 2009. The trip was planned to celebrate Rick's birthday and our first visit to the Food and Wine Festival. Here we are at the beginning of the trip (when the park was decorated for Halloween):

The day Rick had planned to proposed we were leaving MK for our afternoon nap and a photopass photographer was standing near Crystal Palace. I asked him if he would take our photo and he was being silly and went to hand Rick the camera as if he should take a photo of the guy and I. I know weird. So then the photographer says to me, "go stand with your husband," me, "he's not my husband." him, "stand with your fiance," me, "he's not my fiance." him, "stand with your boyfriend." That I could do!

Well that wasn't all he had in store. He decided to pose us, and says "ok stand next to her," "now give her a kiss," "now get down on one knee and propose." And we laughed and went on with our day. Not knowing that we would be back in the park a few hours later and he would actually propose! Rick had planned on proposing that night and says he wishes he had the ring with him earlier in the day because he would have done it right then! And we would have had it captured on film!

Here is a photo of us at the resort after a nap and showering for the evening. (Little did I know this would essentially be an engagement photo!)

The proposal is coming up next, promise!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom

As we arrive at the turnstiles, we always "race" to see who can get into the park first, or who picks the slowest line! Needless to say, you can see who won here (notice the confused lady stopping Rick from winning the race):

After celebrating my victory we moved onward with our evening. The point for tonight was to go on as many rides as possible during EMH. And to get a picture of the castle in orange!

After the fireworks and the park began to clear I was ready to begin the mission, but apparently Rick had other plans. As he wandered aimlessly, I began to get frustrated that we weren't doing anything. As we walked behind the castle, I made sure to point out, "that's the fountain where a lot of people get engaged." I guess that was all that was needed. Not more than a few minuted later Rick had me walking back by the fountain, and said "I have this for you," and I wish I had a photo of the look on my face but I'm sure it looked something like this words were exchanged, you know the usual "will you marry me." And it was official! I grabbed some random stranger walking by to take a picture for us.

The fountain:

The ring:

Our first approval:

Needless to say, I was on cloud nine after calling my mom and sister, and didn't care if we rode a single ride that night!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

just wanted to say congrats and welcome
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

That is a pretty ring

I didn't get the usual "Will you marry me?" DF went to hand me the ring and pulled it away saying "You didn't say yes yet!" and I grabbed it off him and said "That's because you didn't ask me anything!!"

We'll be in March 2011, so not that far apart
Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

congrats and welcome

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: