Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
turnerx6
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Did you do anything to remember your loved one at Disney World?

I have posted on here before...looking for other mommies who have lost an infant.

I was wondering if any of you have done anything special in memory of a loved one that has passed on? We will be at Disney World during the week of my birthday as well as our precious baby girls angel day anniversary. She passed away at 5 months old, the day before my birthday in Oct. 2007. Its been difficult since that time...but we are doing the best we can. We would like to do something special/memoriable to honor our sweet baby girl. Any suggestions?

We aren't having much luck with anything. We thought about a balloon release but that's not panning out. Someone mentioned a butterfly release but we cant find any information on that either...

Any other suggestions????

Thank you so much for your help. Please keep our family in your prayers as we approach our dd's birthday..its hard to believe she would be turning 3 in a a few months :0( she is greatly missed and loved.

God bless u all
turnerx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss, I can not imagine the pain of losing a child.

I know a family that wrote messages/prayers on the outside of balloons and then popped them with a pin sending their messages to heaven. They didn't do a balloon release because there has been a lot of debate in our country about the danger to local native animals (I'm in australia).

Maybe there is somewhere to scatter rose petals on the water? Perhaps you could hire a boat (pontoon) and conduct a little private service and then scatter the petals?
Planting a tree or bush??? (not sure how hard that would be to organise)

Sorry, I'm not being much help. I shall put on my thinking cap and try to come back with some other ideas

Last edited by quasar4legs; 02-27-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: left out a word
quasar4legs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Here is a link to a butterfly release company
http://www.butterflyreleasecompany.com/

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Juliegirl1
DIS Veteran

My mother passed away three years ago and we went to WDW a few months after her passing. My mom loved Mickey's Philharmagic so we went and saw that in her honor and every time we go back we see it just for her. We also threw silver dollars into Cinderella's wishing well and said a little prayer for my mom.
Juliegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Pumpkingirl7
Mouseketeer

I had some shirts made with all of our names on them before my mother passed away. We decided to go ahead and go to disney even though she was not with us and we wore those shirts with her name on it in memory of her! Though she never saw the shirts before her death I felt like she was smiling seeing us wear them from heaven.
08- YC
09- PFQ
11- Wilderness Lodge
13-POR & my first surprise trip!!!

14- PFQ

Me (32)DH (30) DS (6) DD (2)
Pumpkingirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Just wanted to share
I Lost my mom 10 years ago .Last year I started a new way to celebrate her life. Each time I visit Disney I head to the British Pavillion in Epcot. I order some fish and chips and sit out back in the garden area .When the moment is just right I scatter a few flower seeds (forget-me-nots) in her memory.I then pop into the Tea Shop and buy some English Breakfast tea and a few biscuits to take home.
Just a quiet, simple but special way to remember a GREAT Lady.

BIG Hugs to everyone

Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: