Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

"It was the time of our lives!" WL Jan 10-15 2010 NEW: 5/17 PTR LINK UP!! PG 44

UPDATE LINKS---Click the links below to be directed to my updates

TRAVEL DAY

ARRIVAL AT WILDERNESS LODGE

MK DAY 1/PART 1 (FANTASYLAND)

MK DAY 1/PART 2(ADVENTURE/FRONTIERLAND)

OUR ROOM AT THE WL

EPCOT PART 1 (SOARIN, NEMO, SEARTH)

EPCOT PART 2 (1ST CHARACTER MEET)

EPCOT PART 3(WORLD SHOWCASE)

EPCOT PART 4 (CHARACTER SPOT, POLY DINNER)

MK DAY2/ PART1 (BUZZ, BIG THUNDER)

MK DAY2/ PART2 (TOON TOWN, LTT)

MK DAY2/ PART3 (PARADES, SHOWS AND SHOPPING)

MK DAY2/ PART4 (COSTUMES AND PRINCESSES)

DHS/ PART 1 (PLAYHOUSE DISNEY/ MOVIE RIDE)

DHS/ PART 2 (TSM, B&B)

DHS/ PART 3 (UP AND LIGHTNING, WHISPERING CANYON)

MK DAY 3/ PART 1 (COUNTRY BEAR, CHH)

MK DAY 3/ PART 2 (SPECTRO AND WISHES)

AK PART ONE (BYE BYE WL & DINOLAND)

AK PART TWO (AFRICA & PIZZAFARI)

AK PART THREE (CAMP MINNIE MICKEY/FOTLK)

AK PART FOUR (EE & THE RIDE HOME)

ABBY BDAY (DOI & GAD PROGRAM)

ABBY BDAY (AMERICAN GIRL PARTY/IMAG MOVERS)
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2374556&page=41"]

Hello Everyone!!!
I am so happy to start this TR! My family has just returned from an AMAZING WDW vacation and I am SO excited to tell you about it!

Intro:

*When: January 10-15, 2010
*Where: Wilderness Lodge/Standard View
*Why: To spend time growing as a family and to make memories to last a lifetime!
*Who: Me- Katie My DH- Chris and my two children--
DD- Abby (6) DS-Aiden (2)

I chose the TR title "It was the time of our lives!" because of a magical moment on Main Street. My family had just walked into Magic Kingdom on our arrival day. The smells of cookies and fudge poured onto the street. The Christmas decorations were still up--even though I had been told they were taken down, the air was crisp and cool and there was not a cloud in the sky. Over the speakers, the current Disney theme song "Time of Your Life" was playing. My childeren were so excited and we were on our way to our first stop...Fantasyland! At that moment, I knew that it WOULD be the time of our lives...and the vacation did NOT disapoint.

I will leave you with this adorable picture that a VERY talented cartoonist drew for us in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. Welcome to my TR!!! I hope that you will subscribe!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 05-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I'm first!! YAY!!! You know I've been anxiously anticipating this TR!! LOVE the cartoon pic of Aiden & Abby!! Sooo cute!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

Hi Katie - I LOVE your TR name! The picture is darling! I can't wait to read more...I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Nichellebelle
Mouseketeer

Yay! I am so excited for your report. That drawing is so cool.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more. Love the picture of the kids.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I've been waiting to hear all about it!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 01-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
cdotla
Trish

Whoo hoo! You've started!!! Can't wait to read all about it!

What a bonus to have walked onto Main Street with the Christmas decorations! On January 10!!! WoW!!! Like you, I had definitely been under the impression that they are taken down the 1st monday after the New Year's holiday. So if that wasn't enough to tempt you back for a return visit in December, I don't know what is!

I adore that caricature of your beautiful kids!!! I think I might have to get one of mine on our May trip. I have seen them set up in the Beach Club too, where we will be staying. Honestly, until I saw your post I would not have been too interested, but what a beautiful souvenier of your trip!

Super excited to hear all about your trip!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

Love this cartoon.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! Great update, Katie!! (BTW--Ally is loving all of your WL pics--she's super excited that we'll be staying there in Dec!!) So sorry to hear that you had so much noise in your room--I really need to research all of this more so I know what to request!! Did Aiden sleep with Abby or in a pack-n-play? I'm thinking by Dec. that Claire SHOULD be able to share a bed with Ally. I noticed you had TWO sinks!! That's great!! We only had one in the room we had at the Poly last May. YAY for the bag from Angela--how nice!! She is the greatest, isn't she?! That is awesome that you were able to watch Wishes from your room!! How magical!!! Praying we get to stay at the WL TOGETHER!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey Katie!!!

Sorry I am late getting here! But, I am here now and going to go catch up!! I love the caricature picture of your beautiful babies!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #11
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Yes! That is right! Another update

Sorry to leave you so soon last update! We have been recovering from too much celebrating after our Saints won the Super Bowl!!! Our entire region has just stopped working and attending school to have fun and party Such a special moment!

Take some time to watch this amazing Disney commercial featuring the Saints (if you haven’t already seen it)!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAOVdJ0Z-N0

I just LOVE seeing the gold and black Mickey balloons

Also, here is an article and pics of Drew Brees the day after the Super Bowl in the Magic Kingdom parade!!! Wish I would have been there for that!! (Compliments of the disboards)

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/02/...-disney-world/

My husband and I have been in New Orleans the past TWO weekends having a blast and celebrating our wedding anniversary. It has been just GREAT! The players and coaches are amazing. Sean Peyton (head coach of the Saints) lives close to me, so some kids and their parents waited for him to get home from the airport outside his subdivision. He actually stuck the Lombardi Trophy out of his sunroof and they all got to touch it and take pics with it!! Class act. Quoting one of my favorite movies (Princess and the Frog)

“Dreams DO Come True in New Orleans!”

Ok---back to the TR--

Last I left you, we finished Soarin’ and were headed to Nemo!!

My husband took a phone call for work, so the kids and I hung out by the entrance. Aiden got a KICK out of the seagulls that say “Mine, Mine, Mine!” He would call to them “Heeeyyy birdies!” and then they would “reply” to him. He really thought he was making them do it. He was screaming and jumping up and down saying “I did it!”…everyone was laughing at him. We got some pretty funny video. Here they are checking out the birds.

We enjoyed the ride, like always. Abby just loves boarding the shells…such a cute touch!

Right when we got off of the ride, there was only 3 minutes until the next Turtle Talk with Crush show! We ran in and I encouraged Abby to go sit in the front in order to have a chance to get picked. I forgot to mention to sit in the center So, she sat to the far right where the CM placed her…and did not get picked. Maybe she will have much better luck later during the rest of the vacation? We shall see

BUT the show was great none the less. Crush was super funny and had all of us laughing so hard.

When we finished, we exited but could not resist the Nemo gift shop!! My daughter has a tradition of saving up money all year for Disney. She has an Ariel piggy bank and this girl seriously saves it ALL!! She saved up to $150 for this trip. We really wanted to get her Disney Dollars to make it more fun for her. Unfortunately (if you do not know already) the Disney Stores will not be carrying them anymore and they encouraged me to get them from the front desk at the Wilderness Lodge. I tried that, and they did not have any either. So, we just ended up getting her a gift card.

This moment was so sweet to me. She ended up picking a snow globe of the seagulls that said “Mine” in front of the ride to remember the funny moment with her brother!! She also splurged on Nemo bath toys for Aiden. How sweet is that

We had them send the gifts to the room so that we did not have to carry them with us. It took about two days for them to get back to the room----so don’t do it if you are leaving the following day!!

Up next…one of our favorites! Spaceship Earth!! Don’t you just LOVE the Michelangelo part where he is painting the ceiling? It gives me chills!!

Our ending “future” story was SOO funny.

We were laughing so hard that we were crying. The picture of my DD was horrible!! She was looking off and kind of had her mouth open. My DS had his pacifier in and my picture looked like a glamour shot! My head was kind of sideways and I had a big smile. My DH was the only one that looked normal. It just made the future scene that much funnier, though.

When exiting Spaceship Earth, we headed to the Character Spot to check out the wait. We had been walking right on all of the rides, but this was an exception. It was about a 40 minute wait, so we walked off and decided to come back later to try again.

Where were we going next? Back to Soarin’! Our fastpasses for my DH and DD were ready to be used and she was dying to show her Daddy the ride. On our way, we stopped and enjoyed a show from the JAMMitors! They were great.

Then, my DD spotted our first characters!!! I think it was too cold for them to come out the day before at the MK

Who did we see……………….
CONT ON NEXT POST

Last edited by BippityBoo; 02-10-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Chip and Dale!!! My kids LOVE them, so it was a nice surprise. I was anxious to see how my son was going to react to them this year now that he was a toddler. We knew he would do great and he did! He just loved the character interaction!!

At this point, I broke out a frame matting that I brought for the characters to sign. We would use it when we got home to frame a picture of the kids at WDW. Pics of the final product to come later in the TR! Chip and Dale so kindly signed it for us

We headed off to Soarin’. My DH and DD rode while Aiden and I took in the atmosphere and changed his diaper. When they got off, they both had huge smiles on their faces!! Such an amazing ride!

My son was getting ready to nap, so we loaded he and his sister in the stroller to help him doze off. Our plan was to fastpass Test Track and then head to the World Showcase to get on the friendship boat to lunch. I took out my iPhone to check the Test Track wait time and saw that it said “CL” which is code for CLOSED

What!!???

This was a total surprise. I had researched right up to our arrival, and the only ride that was scheduled to close was Splash Mountain. We decided to find a CM and make sure it was true. My DD was REALLY looking forward to trying TT.

UP NEXT: Say it isn’t so! Is Test Track REALLY closed? Which lunch spot do we chose? Stay tuned!

Last edited by BippityBoo; 02-10-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #13
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey Katie!!!

Sorry I am late getting here! But, I am here now and going to go catch up!! I love the caricature picture of your beautiful babies!!
Thats ok!!! I am just so happy you are here
Hope you are resting up and feeling great! Can't WAIT to find out what the baby is!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

The Super Bowl commercials give me chills all the time...I'm such a sap!

We're usually at WDW during the Super Bowl (this year I went on a cruise and fouled everything up...such a pained existence, I tell you!) But I don't think I've ever seen them run the parade so quickly after. That would have been neat to see!

That's so sweet of your little girl to buy stuff for her brother! ...It's things like that which make me want to have kids. Adorable.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

cute update - that's so nice that DD saved so much money to spend at WDW!!

My DF is a Saints fan (not many British people follow NFL, but he loves all sport so much!) but he couldn't watch the superbowl as it didn't start until 11.30pm UK time!! - he woke up in the middle of the night to check the final score!
Then we watched the whole thing on Monday night (recorded on Sky+, it's our version of TiVo!) - I'm finally learning the rules of the game, I think!! ...lol and I posted the Drew Brees 'Disney World' advert on my facebook page too, so magical!

Looking forward to reading more

Emma x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: