Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Mrs. Darling's 2010 Half Marathon Trip:Yes, it does snow at Disney World

to my latest trip report. For those of you unfamiliar with any of my previous adventures you can check out my last trip report here
The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip: Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

This trip report has a much shorter cast of characters and a much shorter duration, but it was definitely an adventure. So without further delay I’ll introduce our limited cast:

Mrs Darling (that’s me and you can call me Jenny). I’m now a 38 year old mostly SAHM that loves all things Disney (except maybe Hannah Montana). I also dabble in running and one of my favorite things is combining the two. I “ran” the Disneyland Half Marathon in 2007 and this trip was planned so I could “run” the Disney World Half Marathon.

Mrs. Disney (but we can call her Liz). My great friend that used to be my great neighbor. She left me a few years back, but I’ve long since forgiven her for that oversight. She is a huge Disney lover too and we’ve been lucky enough to meet up in Disney World three times since she moved far, far away. I planted the seed in her head of running in Disney way back in 2007 when I did the Disneyland Half. She started running herself a little less than a year ago. She then took me up on my promise that if she ever ran the Disney World half I’d come run it with her. (Of course that was a promise I was thrilled to keep.) She took to running right away and as you will see as the report progresses the student has overtaken the instructor. (Not that I was ever a great instructor.) Hopefully she will pop in regularly and tell ya'll the real story

The final cast members play very minor rolls that involve voices only (sometimes they come from the cell phone and sometimes they are just in my head.) If you read my summer trip report you’re familiar with the ones I left behind. DH (he’s not Peter this trip because he is nowhere near Disney World), Wendy, John, and Michael. This is the whole family last summer.

The Plan:
This was a quick weekend trip with the sole purpose of getting our Donald Duck medals though we did fit some other fun in. I’d rented some DVC points for the weekend at a Bay Lake Towers studio and we’d decided on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We figured it would be OK to splurge on a weekend that we ran 13.1 miles. Our reservations were made and we were ready to go.

So let the good times roll!!!

Day 1: The Journey
Bay Lake Tower Arrival
The Expo and the Tyvek Man
A California Grill Birthday Dinner
Night Night

Day 2: The Marshmallow Gang
Will we ever get to the Magic Kingdom?
A Sad Parting
Racing Up Main Street
Blazing our way through the Magic Kingdom
Heroes
This Race is On (for one of us anyway)
Epcot Here I Come
The Big Finish
It's Freezing Out Here!
Liberty Tree Character Lunch
A Magic Kingdom Afternoon
Our Celebration Dinner at the Castle
The Day Finally Ends

Day 3: Goodbye Bay Lake Tower
The End

Final Thoughts

Last edited by dismagiclover; 02-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

I am here girlfriend!!!!!

And I forgive you for putting that huge, half-blinking picture of me in your first post!!

This will be fun, am I spoiling anything with my signature pictures?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
I am here girlfriend!!!!!

And I forgive you for putting that huge, half-blinking picture of me in your first post!!

This will be fun, am I spoiling anything with my signature pictures?
OK I changed the picture! After I get your CD I'll put that cute picture in the far right of your siggy up. I don't think of your signature as spoiling, I think of it as previews
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! You two are so darling it makes me (almost) want to drop this cup of cocoa I'm holding and start jogging. NOT! Can't wait to hear the details, especially about BLT.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
OK I changed the picture! After I get your CD I'll put that cute picture in the far right of your siggy up. I don't think of your signature as spoiling, I think of it as previews
You silly girl! I was perfectly FINE with being the ugly step-sister in your Cinderella TR!!
(Really, I was fine with the pic, it actually made me laugh because it showcased what dh and I refer to as my "gimpy eye" that blinks more than the other one! LMBO! cracks us up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm here!! You two are so darling it makes me (almost) want to drop this cup of cocoa I'm holding and start jogging. NOT! Can't wait to hear the details, especially about BLT.
oh my......that was so funny!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

... sneeking in.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
marcielm
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR!! I am thinking about doing the Princess Half in 2011, and this is just what I needed for motivation. I can't wait to hear about the end of the race!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Great update! I would have stopped for the prince too!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 02-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Jenny,

I finally got to finish your TR!!! Oh, my goodness, I loved all your photos. Really enjoyed all you and Liz squeezed into the weekend. Working on finishing up mine at this point. We'll be there in January for marathon weekend. Hope to meet you at the Dis meet then. Planning on doing the 1/2 again so I can take photos and enjoy it (yet, I really do want a Mickey now).
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
Old 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Jenny,

I finally got to finish your TR!!! Oh, my goodness, I loved all your photos. Really enjoyed all you and Liz squeezed into the weekend. Working on finishing up mine at this point. We'll be there in January for marathon weekend. Hope to meet you at the Dis meet then. Planning on doing the 1/2 again so I can take photos and enjoy it (yet, I really do want a Mickey now).
Patricia,
Thanks for reading! It was fun to write it all up and it is pretty amazing all we did in those 3 days. I hope we get a chance to meet next January too. Hopefully it will be warmer next year
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I just read your entire TR and loved it! I am doing c25k right now in hopes of continuing on and running the half next January. Your TR got me even more excited about it!!!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 02-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I just read your entire TR and loved it! I am doing c25k right now in hopes of continuing on and running the half next January. Your TR got me even more excited about it!!!
Thanks for reading! I saw you over on Carissa's PTR. Disney is definitely a great place to run! Where else can you run into giant ducks and mice Congrats on getting started with the C25K plan. You definitely have the time to get ready for next January's half. Go for it. It really is something you won't regret (at least after you are finished. You might regret it during the training)
Old 02-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Thanks for reading! I saw you over on Carissa's PTR. Disney is definitely a great place to run! Where else can you run into giant ducks and mice Congrats on getting started with the C25K plan. You definitely have the time to get ready for next January's half. Go for it. It really is something you won't regret (at least after you are finished. You might regret it during the training)
Yes, I love running...the second it is over! It feels so good once you are done!!!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: