Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Our "long time coming", first time ever, very magical trip to WDW!Pictures 1/27!

So here it is more than a month since we returned from our first WDW trip ever and I have been seriously debating the wisdom of starting a trip report. I'm just not sure I'll be all that good at it and although I meant to take notes I diden't manage to so I'm not sure I'll be able to really acuratley portray our time in WDW or the rest of our vacation (hence the reason for the + sign but more on that later,) but despite those fears, I need this trip report. Our trip was magical and also more than a little crazy. There is a great deal of back story to it and I just can't get over it. I want to talk about it, but those willing to hear about it around here already have so I will share my story with you instead.

Last edited by kayrosek; 01-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'd love to hear about it!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

Bring it on... spare no detail

(we all thrive on others TR until we get to go ourselves)
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Okay just one thing I can't seem to figure out how to post photos.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'd love to hear about it!
My Husband will be thrilled!He's a little bugged by my tendencie to bring it up several times a day.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

I'm in - I need some tr's to hold me over for the next 4 mo and 2 days (not that I'm counting!).
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

And now to begin with I bet you'd like some introductions. So here's a little info on my crazy, nutty, wonderful family.

ME: Krystal, 31yr old mom with a passion for reading and art. I've always loved Disney. My first trip to Disneyland at 11 is permanently etched in my memory and I've always wanted my children to experience the Disney magic.

DH: John, 38yr old Disabled UMC Veteran. John was involved in a training accident several years ago that left him seriously injured and complications after the fact left his permanently disabled. DH loves fantasy and Sci Fi and is a big Star Wars fan. He's my lovable Teddy Bear but he's got a bit of a Donald Duck personality especially when he's in pain which becomes very relevant to this trip (but more about that later). He's also not to fond of pictures which will be evident in the few I actually managed to get of him.

More intro's to come (soon hopefully)

Last edited by kayrosek; 01-06-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

More Intro's:

DD12 (soon to be 13): Tessa, Tess is an amazing singer and born performer, loves Tinkerbell, skulls and cross bones, purple and black. She's turning into a teenager with vengence. She has her moody spells and loves to text a bit too much for my taste (we had some texting issues this trip) but she is a great kid all around. She's the only one in our family with practically no medical issues and she's grown up a bit faster than I would have liked so it was good to see her immersed in being a kid. She's also a big part of the reason for this trip (again more on that later, I'm saying that alot already).

DD10 (11 in 2 days): Jenna, Jen is my little bookworm, she loves to learn and sucks up knowledge like a sponge. She's interested in everything and constantly asking qestions. She's also quite the little comedian. On this trip she became obsessed with Minnie Mouse!

DS9: Jonnie, Jonnie is my little miracle child. He was quite sick as an infant and had alot of unexplained illnesses but he's doing great now. Jonnie can make anyone smile, he's constantly coming up with the cutest comments. He loves Disney, he loves cartoons in general but before this trip I woulden't have said he had a favorite character (I'll save that for later it's a great story). Jonnie is also on the Autistic Spectrum, with ADHD and numerous learning disorders. It's important that you know this because it affects alot of things in our lives including of course our trip to WDW.

Last edited by kayrosek; 01-08-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

I am SOOOOO sorry you are still not well. Please know I am praying for you!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to MK we go (but first a little detour)

When I left off we were leaving the hotel to go retrieve Jonnies backpack, but first a few picks from our time getting ready that morning.
One of John's hat (from the infamous bus episode)ready for him to wear for the day.

Tessa posing.

Showing off her Cinderella Crown.

John checking out the crown.

And then... we were off. We caught the bus to MK then headed for the Monorail to get to the TTC. This was our first experience with the monorail and therefore our experience with the L...O...N...G... ramp up to the Monorail. I must say I really diden't like that ramp. It was not at all easy to get John's wheelchair up that ramp. Halfway up a nice man took over and helped us get him the rest of the way up and even he was out of breath once we got up to the top. Once at the TTC it was easy to find the Kennel and we were soon on our way back to the monorail with one very happy little boy with his backpack in hand. We took the Monorail over to MK finally ready to have some fun. We entered the park and that first view of the castle was breathtaking. and walking up Main Street I felt just the way I did as a kid. Speaking of kids mine were bouncing up and down with excitement. It was truly an amazing start to our Thanksgiving day. I diden't have long to soak it all in though because John immediatley wanted to know what we were doing next. I reminded him that we had decided on Fantasyland and we headed that direction. We decided to ride Peter Pan first but John immediatley realized that he wasen't going to be able to transfer because of the moving walkway so we parked him out front and took a ride to Never Never Land. When we went to meet back up with him he was imersed in a PSP game so we took the oppertunity to ride yet another moving walkway ride and face Snow Whites Evil Queen after narrowly escaping a poisin apple we were off to find Sorcerer Mickey's hat in Mickey's Philharmagic. Jonnie loved this movie, actually my whole family did but I have a little bit of a comfession to make... I sorta fell asleep. After my refreshing nap (the one my family still doesn't know about shhh...) We checked the time and decided we better head to the Castle to check in. We got there about 20 min. early and John went up to the desk only to be told that we were too early to check in. No problem we'll just relax for a moment. Jonnie went to get a toy from his back pack and.... OH NO not again....where is it now? We figured out that we must have left it at Philharmagic and John stayed put while me and the kids ran back, but no luck so once again I was left conforting a very upset little boy when we were supposed to be having fun. We headed back to the Castle to meet up with John and found him in the middle of a huge crowd of people waiting to check in. Next up a Magical Meeting in Cinderellas Castle or how to make a little boy forget his lost backpack!

Last edited by kayrosek; 02-09-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
blessedmom4

Oh NO! I hope that the backpack was found quickly, how devastating for you all! Sounds as if otherwise things are going well though, YEA! I confess, I have fallen asleep in Micky's Philharmaigc myself...my family knew though because I always fall asleep if I get to sit down...I LOVE Peter Pan.

I love John's hat, Pete had one very similar; however, when our house burned down the hat went poof...do you know where John got his? Tessa's crown is so pretty, just like her! I can't wait to hear all about the Castle and the fun!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Hello friend, first of all hugs for YOUR pain, please be good to yourself, you still have broken ribs. I am so sorry John had to go to the ER; however, what a blessing he had the MRI results to draw on. It was great the two of you were able to get away for a bit of couple time, I wish it could have been longer...soon! I KNOW your anniversary trip is going to be FABULOUS! Thinking of you. Take Care!!
Quote:
I hope you are all safe, pain free and warm! Praying you have an awesome weekend!
Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. That couple time really was wonderful. We try to take time regurarly to spend time alone as a couple. It is something we decided todo way back when we first married.
Quote:
LOVE that Tink!!!! I had to call Tess in too see it. She is a bit of a Tink freak!
Quote:
I am SOOOOO sorry you are still not well. Please know I am praying for you!!
Quote:
Oh NO! I hope that the backpack was found quickly, how devastating for you all! Sounds as if otherwise things are going well though, YEA! I confess, I have fallen asleep in Micky's Philharmaigc myself...my family knew though because I always fall asleep if I get to sit down...I LOVE Peter Pan.

I love John's hat, Pete had one very similar; however, when our house burned down the hat went poof...do you know where John got his? Tessa's crown is so pretty, just like her! I can't wait to hear all about the Castle and the fun!!!
Ugh... the backpack I promise I will get to that story soon. How long ago was your house fire? That is so horrible. We too lost alot of sentimental things, especially pics and my wedding dress a few years ago but ours was a theft not a fire. You know I can't remember where we got that hat. He has several different ones that we have picked up here and there. He's almost never without one. I can't wait to get to the Castle storie. It is one of my favorites.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
blessedmom4

I Almost Missed It!

I am SO SORRY I have been so tied up with medical stuff. Praying your Day was happy and spent with those you love!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
blessedmom4

Dear, Sweet Tessa,

PLEASE forgive me for missing your Birthday. The pictures are gorgeous and so are you!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Praying this is your BEST year ever!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: