Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
neenslovesdisney
Mouseketeer

LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

Not sure if this is the place to start this, but....I am sailing on the wonder in a few months and I have 25-30 pounds to lose. Hoping to lose half this amount by following the south beach diet. Anyone with me?!

I am going to start a list here as requested by some of you:

Neenslovesdisney: 1/10/10 = lost 9
TravelfamMI: start 1/4/10
1/8/10 = lost 2.25
Maryrn11168: start
1/8/10 = lost 11 lbs

Last edited by neenslovesdisney; 01-10-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: adding start dates and weights
neenslovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Goofy Mum
A Happy Medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenslovesdisney View Post
Not sure if this is the place to start this, but....I am sailing on the wonder in a few months and I have 25-30 pounds to lose. Hoping to lose half this amount by following the south beach diet. Anyone with me?!
I'm a low carber. I actually started about a month before I booked my cruise. I'm down about 20lbs since Oct 23.

Still would like to lose another 20 but I don't really have to. I just want to slim down so I can pig out on board!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I'm right there with you both! Just lost 5 pounds since Monday!!! Walking 2-4 miles a day, aerobics 3x a week and strength training (push ups and stuff like that mostly, not weights) 3x a week...here's my diet...

5 meals a day...
Breakfast, one protein one whole grain one fruit/veg
Snack, one fruit, one protein (1/2 apple and handful of nuts or cheese stick)
Lunch, one protein, one vegetable, one grain
Snack same as above
Dinner one protein, two veggies

smaller portions but as long as I get that small snack in I eat much smaller main meals!! Hope to keep it up!!

Tara

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Goofy Mum
A Happy Medium

Wow! 5lbs since Monday is incredible!
I didn't weigh this week. With all the stress with my son I don't recall eating much at all. For the two days he was in and out of the hospital I know all I had was coffee. Not good at all.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
neenslovesdisney
Mouseketeer

5 pounds is awesome! I hope we can post here regularly and keep eachother motivated. I have been trying to lose weight for years and just ran into a friend who lost 35 pounds with the south beach diet. She went from a size 12 to a size 6 in 4 months! I have to give this a try. I am 35, 5'3" and 152 lbs, my highest weight ever, including full-term pregnancy. I actually exercise regularly but I binge on the weekends. Hope Sb can keep my cravings under control.
neenslovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
hgon76
DIS Veteran

I have to give a shout out to Weight Watchers. About 4 years ago I started Weight Watchers. Within 6 months I lost 30 pounds. In 4 years I've managed to keep it off (well 5lbs up and down here and there) but consistently have kept the same weight. I tried all the low carb type diets and it's so hard to stick with something if you have to deprive yourself of certain things. With Weight Watchers I NEVER felt deprived. I am now a lifetime member. I don't go to meetings anymore or anything. But, i took a lot of what I learned there and continue to use it in everyday life. Just a suggestion, as it is the ONLY thing that worked and I've managed to maintain.

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
robynchic
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to lose a few pounds before the cruise (seriously, about 5), in two weeks. I know that my main issue is that I need to get off my fanny and work out, along with not boredom eating. But vanity pounds (which, I admit, is what I'm trying to lose) are the most difficult, so we'll see how it goes.
robynchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!

I started Isagenix in October and although I didn't follow it to a "T", i lost 8 pounds and 26 inches in 18 days. (2 dress sizes). I'm doing the maintenance now and still losing. My girlfriend lost 41 pounds (forget how many inches) in 8 weeks on it and is still losing. Will do another 9 day blast after the holidays to lose that last dress size.

rantnnravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
speakupjc
DIS Veteran

I started weight watchers a week ago and have already lost 7 pounds. Keep it up everyone and congrats on your success so far.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
firebug83
Earning My Ears

x
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I'm right there with you both! Just lost 5 pounds since Monday!!! Walking 2-4 miles a day, aerobics 3x a week and strength training (push ups and stuff like that mostly, not weights) 3x a week...here's my diet...

5 meals a day...
Breakfast, one protein one whole grain one fruit/veg
Snack, one fruit, one protein (1/2 apple and handful of nuts or cheese stick)
Lunch, one protein, one vegetable, one grain
Snack same as above
Dinner one protein, two veggies

smaller portions but as long as I get that small snack in I eat much smaller main meals!! Hope to keep it up!!

Tara
firebug83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
mamamicky
Earning My Ears

Hoping to loose 50 lbs

I know that sounds like a lot but I have 9 months! Yippee! I am doing Wii Active and the new Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 Wii game. Hopefully I will start walking too.

I need to start working on diet. Thinking about weight watchers. As a busy mom of 3, currently homeschooling and working part-time, I do NOT have time for complicated eating plans.

Any suggestions?

Blessings,
Micky
mamamicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
travelfamMI
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

Ok - so I could use some help and encouragement. I am new to this website and, obviously, this thread.

I need to lose between 35-40 pounds. I did it 3 years ago, and then put it all back on within a few months. Part of my problem is as soon as I set a goal, I do everything in my power to sabotage it. What's up with that??? I'm afraid to set any kind of date I would like to do this, because I will just make sure it doesn't happen.

I think I'll try WW - it is a program that I can live with for life and it's very balanced. Of course in the past I have started losing, so I immediately go crazy and make sure I gain it all back.

Anyone have any suggestions out there? Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps I need a psychiatrist???
travelfamMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
mom2threets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelfamMI View Post
Ok - so I could use some help and encouragement. I am new to this website and, obviously, this thread.

I need to lose between 35-40 pounds. I did it 3 years ago, and then put it all back on within a few months. Part of my problem is as soon as I set a goal, I do everything in my power to sabotage it. What's up with that??? I'm afraid to set any kind of date I would like to do this, because I will just make sure it doesn't happen.

I think I'll try WW - it is a program that I can live with for life and it's very balanced. Of course in the past I have started losing, so I immediately go crazy and make sure I gain it all back.

Anyone have any suggestions out there? Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps I need a psychiatrist???
I lost 18 lbs through nutritional cleansing - a very healthy and easy way to lose weight. I saw the results almost immediately so it was easy to stay motivated. Best part is that I have kept the weight off for over 4 months. PM if you want more information.
mom2threets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #14
travelfamMI
Earning My Ears

mom2threets -

How do I PM?
travelfamMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
mom2threets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelfamMI View Post
mom2threets -

How do I PM?
click on my user id to the left (mom2threets)

a window should pop up - choose "private message" - use that form to send me a message.
mom2threets is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: