Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

You Know You're Excited About Your Upcoming Trip To Disneyland When...

...you take your kids on 8 - 10 minute walks in a familiar place, so you can really put that 8 - 10 minute walk from Hojo to DL in perspective.

...you make your 3 boys watch Sleeping Beauty for the first time, to familiarize them with more Disney characters -- and you realize that Sleeping Beauty can really hold its own when it comes to captivating an all-boy audience ages 3 - 9. A special sword and shield, evil laughter, a dragon... what's not to love?

...you see Mickey Heads everywhere you look: in the plate of Oreos you set out for the kids, in the droplets of water on the cutting board when you set down a freshly washed bunch of broccoli, in the bubbles in your 3 year old's bubble bath, in the last 3 Reese's Puffs floating in the milk in the cereal bowl...

Anyone else?
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

...you wonder if enough minutes have passed since you last mentioned DL so you can bring up something else you just thought of without getting The Big Sigh. You're ok with The Eye Roll but The Big Sigh deflates the magic bubble a bit

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Peg In The Pound
Mouseketeer

You are constantly refreshing the Disboards... and going way back into the Dis archives... just to make sure you think of everything!
And you find yourself watching the vacation planning DVD over and over and over again... no matter many years back the DVD goes.
Peg In The Pound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
bnbheartdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg In The Pound View Post
You are constantly refreshing the Disboards... and going way back into the Dis archives... just to make sure you think of everything!
And you find yourself watching the vacation planning DVD over and over and over again... no matter many years back the DVD goes.
Oh my gosh, that is totally me! Too funny!!! Or how about, when you post, just to see your ticker!

bnbheartdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
...you wonder if enough minutes have passed since you last mentioned DL so you can bring up something else you just thought of without getting The Big Sigh. You're ok with The Eye Roll but The Big Sigh deflates the magic bubble a bit
I'm almost dying laughing at "The Sigh" vs. "The Eye Roll"! My DH loves Disney and is looking forward to our trip (almost) as much as me, but I still get the same reactions now and then. We were out for a sans-kids date night last night and I consciously peppered my conversation with non-Disney related topics before coming back to our trip. But, I digress from the topic at hand.

You know you're excited about your upcoming trip to Disneyland...

...when you set your alarm for 6:45AM so you can roll out of bed on Saturday and Sunday 60 days before your trip to make the bleary-eyed and voice-hoarse-with-sleep call to DD for your PS arrangements (just in case of the less than 1% chance that there is a sudden run on the restaurant you might want to eat at on that day).
Completed: DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970

Last edited by 3TinksAndAnEeyore; 10-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
I thought my DH was the only one who did this

. . . when you have food stashed away for the trip, a box of the kids favorite cereal, a few favorite travel snacks, etc.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
Mom2Joce
It all started with a...

...when you do all the above and probably all that will follow this post!!
At least I'm not alone...hehehehe!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
jacs1234
DIS Veteran

When you have to go to Disboards just to check out your Disney ticker to see how many days to go.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
rn448698
Mouseketeer

... the dreams you remember are centered around your upcoming December trip to WDW and your upcoming January trip to DLR.

... you have a dream about being trapped on the ferris wheel at DCA

... you have a dream on a weekly basis about riding the Peter Pan ride

... you have a dream about walking down main street pushing small children over (I'm not kidding...) to get to the Disneyland version of Space Mountain
rn448698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #10
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

LOL! I guess I'm not alone! Someone mentioned stashing food away for the trip... I think I have about 7 or 8 different flavors of the Goldfish crackers stashed away for our trip. Those and Fruit By the Foot...which I never buy. Thought they might keep the kids busy while waiting in line.

Thanks for playing!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Oh yeah...and I'm also quite familiar with The Big Sigh and The Eyeroll. In my house they usually mean, "You've got to be kidding...you're seriously planning where you'll eat for each meal on each day?" (Eyeroll) ---and--- "I think you've already mentioned that you are so excited and just can't wait about 87 times now..." (Big Sigh)
Old 10-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn448698 View Post
... the dreams you remember are centered around your upcoming December trip to WDW and your upcoming January trip to DLR.

... you have a dream about being trapped on the ferris wheel at DCA

... you have a dream on a weekly basis about riding the Peter Pan ride

... you have a dream about walking down main street pushing small children over (I'm not kidding...) to get to the Disneyland version of Space Mountain
I'm glad this happens to other people. Two that I remember are

...we're there with the in-laws and waiting in the hotel for everyone to get ready, me and my son can see the parks on the TV and we see the opening ceremony, rides, parades, shows, basically that we're missing everything and the in-laws won't hurry up and get ready (this is reflective of our actual trip with in-laws in 06)

...I'm there with my parents and they get tired and go back to the hotel and take my son with them, I am alone and free in the park, I'm wandering around and can do anything I want to do, it's awesome

Plus a question, how do you get the countdown ticker? I only have a few months left and would love to watch it tick by.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
Plus a question, how do you get the countdown ticker? I only have a few months left and would love to watch it tick by.
Click on my ticker and it will take you to the website and you can make your own. Then, after you have made yours - copy the code and come back to your User CP and paste it in your signature - super easy.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs1234 View Post
When you have to go to Disboards just to check out your Disney ticker to see how many days to go.
I just turned my "view signatures" back on a little while ago so I could see it! And I'm probably saying this so I can check it again! (I had that turned off because it's supposed to make the pages load faster?). A few weeks until WDW, but another 2 1/2 months until a nostalgic return to DLR (haven't been back in 20+ years [first trip was 1957]) -- need to set up a ticker for that trip.
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
welley
Mouseketeer

... you have a note pad in front of you to write down reminders of things other disers have mentioned so you dont forget.
2008 - Disneyworld Florida and Disneyland Anaheim
2009 - Disneyland Anaheim (Halloween)
2010 - Disneyworld Florida (Christmas)
2011 - Disneyland Paris
2012 - NYC & Disneyland
4 down one to go - Japan

welley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: