DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

Keep This Going Foever: THE defining moment from your last DVC trip

Let's hear it....I'm looking for THE defining moment - that moment that made you say "I love this place" - from your last stay at a DVC resort. If you have to choose a moment from a park, no problem, but try to keep it to the resort....

In our August trip, the moment that will forever stick with me is when we were in the pool at BWV and my son and I joined the volleyball game. I would pick him up and let him slam the ball back over the net whenever it came our way. That moment was the best time of our trip, as it made me feel that the DVC investment was totally worth it and my son and I had a great bonding experience. A lot of people don't like the BWV pool, but we loved it!
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
vandy
Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!

My last trip itself was the defining moment. In March I surprised my wife and we flew down for a 3-day get-a-way to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary....alone! No kids, no family. If we did not have DVC, I doubt if I would have taken a get-a-way such as that. Instead, I may have planned a one day trip to a nearby city. DVC gave me that option and it was great.

vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

One night DH and I took the kids to the quiet pool at VWL. We were literally the only ones there. The kids played in the pool for over an hour while we sat and had a couple of cosmo's we had made in the room and brought down. It was awesome, like we owned the whole place!!
(It's my happy place)
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Cajun28
Mouseketeer

This isn't about a DVC trip technically, but since the trip was to a DVC resort and led to us eventually buying at that resort, I'll tell the story.

Several years ago, we booked a BW view at BWV (It was called a water view at the time) on a cash basis. When we arrived at BWV, no bell hop would come and help us unload our car. They were all "busy" playing football in the driveway. (This activity lasted the entire time we were at the resort) So we took upon ourselves to grab a cart and start unloading ourselves. A bellhop then came over and said we couldn't use the cart, they were only for bell services' use. I told him since no one would help us, we would do it ourselves. He got very nasty with me and then got someone to help us. When I got to the check-in desk, I told the CM about how we were treated and that I didn't appreciate being treated in that manner. He apologized to us, but evidently nothing was done past that because, like I said before, the football playing in the front drive continued for the entire length of our stay.

Back to the defining moment. Well, after my experience with the bellhops, I was madder than a hornet and really wanted to move to another resort. But when we got to our room and dropped our luggage, we went out to our balcony. When I opened the doors and saw the view we had of the lake and EPCOT, the madness completely left me and I was hooked at that moment. I knew right there if we ever bought into DVC, it would be at BWV. We finally bought last year and will be making our first official trip as members in 2 months. Hopefully the quality of the bell services has improved since that first visit. But, even if it hasn't, I take the view and carry my own luggage!
Cajun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
SLM
DIS Veteran

This past August sitting out the balcony at Kidani watching the giraffes right outside our villa and drinking a glass of wine with my DH, DD and SSil-thinking one day we'll bring grandchildren here! Even traveling during the summer (because they teach) and dealing with crowds and the heat I love sharing our DVC with them!
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Mine was at Kidani too. I was sitting out on the balcony watching the giraffes and zebras and thought I'm so glad I have DVC. Who would have thought when I bought in 1999 with OKW and BWV being the only choices that we would have such a variety of choices 10 years later, including a resort with animals!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

Sharing the reclining chair in BLT living room with my wife and 2YO daughter while watching Wishes. Not sure it gets better than that.
Boardwalk Villas - 2006, 2012
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - 2009, 2013
Contemporary Resort - 2002
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old Key West - 2012, 2014, 2015
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - 2014
Paging Tom Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
CocosMeme
DIS Veteran

For me, too, it was sitting on my balcony at AKL and having my morning coffee and later my glass of wine while watching the animals (particularly the giraffes and zebras). It is like being in a different world. You know that not too far away some are frantically doing the commando park thing and you are just chillin' with the animals and enjoying life!
CocosMeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #9
eporter66
DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

I think it is as simple as Disney is just an amazing vacation time after time. DVC enhances our experience.

I love hearing "Welcome Home", and driving into a beautiful resort. In a few weeks we will be going to AKV, and it will be special because it is our first time at AKV. My wife ran the half marathon with my sister in March, and they stayed at the All-Star Resort. She called and said she missed staying at our home!!!

On our last trip, the defining moment was having family and friends come down with us. We rented a 2 bedroom at OKW, so my sister and family drove up and stayed for 3 days after they spent time in Naples with her in-laws. Then, my wifes niece and her family stayed another three days. Being able to book a 2 bedroom condo and share our membership and vacation was the defining moment of last year. Also - one of my best friends from high school also came down the same week and stayed one building over from us at OKW. It was our best vacation yet. The days at the parks were great having a group to hang around with - it enhanced the fun. This year we are going alone, and it will still be great, but that vacation will have memories that will last forever.

I think just being at AKV this year with our daughter will be amazing. Being around all the animals - she will be thrilled
9/97-CBR 10/99 - Offsite 10/03 - WL 11/03 - DVC Member SSR 05/04 - SSR 01/06 - SSR 10/06 - BWV 01/07 - SSR 02/08 - OKW 10/08 OKW 03/09 - All Star Movie (Disney Half Marathon)10/09-AKV 10/10 - AKV 10/11 - AKV 10/12 SSR 10/13 - SSR10/14 - SSR

Last edited by eporter66; 09-27-2009 at 10:07 AM.
eporter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #10
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Buying DVC during our last WDW trip was my defining moment. Riding back to AKV in the DVC van whilst talking to the driver and not hearing a word he said due to the sheer joy I was feeling after making our first DVC purchase of 170 points at SSR, pretty much sums up the moment for me.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: