Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Exclamation How To ESTA

As quite a few people have been posting questions relating to ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) lately - a lot of them worried about what the site is about and what ticks they should put in what box - I thought I would try to give you a rough idea as to what to expect when you go to the site to complete your form.

The link below will take you to where you need to be

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.h...2-37EB66A5B1AD

and the first screen you can expect to see is this one.

If you are filling in your ESTA for the first time you need to click the 'Apply' button on the left hand side.
This will take you to the following screen.

At this point read all the text in the box above then, if you are happy and understand the information provided, select 'Yes' and then click Next.
If you are not happy and need more clarification then select 'No'. This will take you to a page with some FAQs on it for you to find the answers to any questions you may have.
Once you have clicked Yes you will be taken to the following page.

You only need to fill in the information that has a red * next to it.
People have asked in the past about flights and addresses where you will be staying - but as you can see these are not one of the required answers.
Once you have filled in your personal details you are then asked a series of questions that require a Yes or No answer. You obviously need to answer these questions honestly, but if you have been a good girl or boy you should be able to select No to all of them.
Once this is done put a tick in the 'Certification' box and then hit the Next button.
Unfortunately I couldn't get onto the screen after this but, if memory serves me right, the next one is the one that gives the all important Yes or No. There is also a button on this page that allows you to go back to the beginning and start a new form for someone else.

I hope this helps some of you with the process - if only to give you a 'Heads up' as to what to expect.
If I have missed something - or anybody else has anything to add - then please feel free.

Last edited by Pegasus928; 09-15-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Thanks for taking the time to do this Kenny, I vote that the mods make it a 'sticky'.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
I vote that the mods make it a 'sticky'.
Me too!

Thanks for doing this Kenny! You are a star!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
scottishgirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do this Kenny, I vote that the mods make it a 'sticky'.
Yes, you really are a star I think this should be a sticky as well, due to the amount of ESTA questions! Tbh, I think the stickies could do with a bit of a refresh to more stuff like this!
[/center]
scottishgirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
howlongtillsummer?
DIS Veteran

How considerate!
Disneyland Paris (Sequoia Lodge) - April 2009
Old Key West August 2010, 2011 & 2012
howlongtillsummer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

If it helps to prevent someone making a mistake when filling in their forms, and answers a few questions along the way,then it was worth doing.

The only thing I was a little dissappointed with was the size of the screen shots, but even though I uploaded them to Photobucket several times at different sizes they always appeared in the post the same size regardless
If I can figure out how to get bigger pics in then I will.

Also if someone could come back and maybe post what the next screen is after the last one I have included, then that would be a help.
I tried to follow it all the way through, but unfortunately there is no Mickey Mouse with a passport number to match the one I provided
Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #7
loobylou44
Mouseketeer

We are just about to do our ESTA's so this is a great help, thanks Kenny.

Disneyland Sept '86 - Offsite, DLRP July '00 - offsite, DLRP Dec '00 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLRP Sept '01 - Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland Feb '02 - Offsite, Disney World Feb '03 - Springhill Suites LBV, DLRP Jan '04 - Disneyland Hotel, Disney World Feb '06 - Villa at Eagle Pointe, DLRP Jul '09 - Hotel Cheyenne
Planning for:-
Disney World Dec '09 - Villa at Eagle Pointe

loobylou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
mikki.young
Knows Dreams do come true!

Thanks, very reassuring and painless and great to have the right link easily accessible!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
jharrowell
Disney Phreak

Just want to say thanks to you for the info on this thread.

Though the process is pretty painless, it was nice to have everything laid out beforehand.

Everything went perfectly and both myself and my partner were authorised immediately.

Follow my twitters for pre-trip and live trip reports as well as the usual inane Twitter chatter at:
http://twitter.com/disneyfanjen
jharrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #10
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Pleased to have helped
Old 04-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
KatyTheFairyPrincess
DIS Veteran

Hi, I have a rather embarrassing subject to about talk but hoping someone can help.
I'm planning to go with Dbf next year for his first trip, but it about a year and a half ago he was convicted with Theft from the Work Place. It'll be nearly 3 years since he was convicted when we go and he'll obviously not be eligable for the ESTA but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to do?
I keep looking over all sorts of websites and getting stuck, some saying he'll need to visit the embassy in London, some saying he won't be able to go at all
If anyone knows anything at all about what to do then I'd be so grateful for the information, it's making me very stressed!
Sept 12: 21st Birthday! (Pop)
Aug 13: Last minute trip (Pop)
June 14: Mum's 60th + first AKL stay!

DLP: May 11
September 11
June 13
KatyTheFairyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #12
Brandis
DIS Veteran

Just fill the ESTA form with his informations. If it doesn't go through it will tell you what the next steps would be.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
claire.young
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyTheFairyPrincess View Post
Hi, I have a rather embarrassing subject to about talk but hoping someone can help.
I'm planning to go with Dbf next year for his first trip, but it about a year and a half ago he was convicted with Theft from the Work Place. It'll be nearly 3 years since he was convicted when we go and he'll obviously not be eligable for the ESTA but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to do?
I keep looking over all sorts of websites and getting stuck, some saying he'll need to visit the embassy in London, some saying he won't be able to go at all
If anyone knows anything at all about what to do then I'd be so grateful for the information, it's making me very stressed!
Had a similar experience myself.....you need to apply through ESTA....they will then contact you and give you details of what to do next....you will have to arrange a visit to the embassy in London.....a major pain which you will have to pay for etc but its all routine and works out fine....you visit, they check, then you await decision then you have to wait for passport to be delivered....I was worried sick but its all routine and not as big of a problem as you think it will be....he will then have to wait for clearance at immigration...again just a formality
claire.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:03 AM   #14
Muscateer
DIS Veteran

Hi I have just read that if your passport has your middle name in it then your ESTA has to as well. When I did my ESTA it only asked for first given name. Just wondering if I should do a whole new application now. AArrgghh
Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
Mrs Stonfiesta
My name is Julie and i am a bread roll "borrower"

so we have just gone on the esta website to update the info...........do we not have to enter travelling dates anywhere? we was under the impression thats what we was updating.
Dec 1992 ~ WDW Florida, May 1999 ~ WDW Florida, Mar 2003 ~ Hotel Santa Fe, Mar 2005 ~ Cheyenne, July 2005 ~ Cheyenne, Feb 2006 ~ All-Star Sports, May 2006 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Sept 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Dec 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Jan 2007 ~ All Star Sports, Sept 2007~ Santa Fe, Nov 2007 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2008 ~ All Star Sports, May 2008~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Sept 2008 ~ Hotel New York, Dec 2008 ~ Cheyenne, March 2009 ~ Disneyland Hotel, April 2009 ~ Cheyenne, February 2010 ~ Port Orleans Riverside,Sept 2010 ~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Dec 2010 ~ Sequoia Lodge, May 2011 ~ Port Orleans Riverside, Sept 2011 ~ Newport Bay Club,, Jan 2012 ~ Port Orleans Riverside

Mrs Stonfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: