Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
nothnbutherainsir
I wish we had a YETI smiley!

Cool Share your best CM experience!

Alright I used to post here all the time but every time I come back from a trip I can't bring myself to come back here because I don't know when I'll be going again! But alas! I am going in a few months (by a few I mean 5-ish) and nothing gets me more excited than hearing how magical other member's trips have been!

So please, share your stories!

Last edited by nothnbutherainsir; 07-27-2009 at 11:28 PM.
nothnbutherainsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
pampam
DIS Veteran

There have been many, but I'll post the most recent. I had a coupon for a free 5X7 so we went to the camera center. There was quite a long lineup, but we talked to one of the CM's while waiting. My DD was wearing a beautiful Cinderella gown that her fairy godmother had made her, so the CM gave her a celebrate button for being a princess and a celebrate button for me for being a princesses mother. When we got up to the front they took us to the photography studio and gave us a free session with the photographer. The photographer arranged her in different poses on the white chaise lounge. It was very emotional for me. They printed upsome pictures for us from our photopass card, including some 8X10s - quite a wonderful package really. They told us to pick up the parcel at parcel pickup on our way out of the park. Here they had the larger pictures autographed with personal notes from the princesses in the pictures we had selected. I don't think they realized what wonderful memories they made that day.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Mine is very special. Three years ago, I took three of my friends from work with me. I usually go alone, but I was thrilled they all decided to go.

My best friend's mom had been ill with pancreatic cancer and had been at death's door twice in the past year. She took a turn for the worst the week before we left, but we decided to chance it and she came along.

We arrived on a Sunday, and unfortunately she got the call very early Monday morning that her mom had died. We took her airline confirmation to the concierge desk, in order to obtain some kind of emergency number to call Southwest Airlines, to get her home. To our surprise, the concierge desk called Southwest, explained the problem, had her flight changed and printed out her ticket. They called Guest Services, who took her back to the room, with my other friend, in a golf cart. He said he would be back in fifteen minutes to pick her up to get her to the airport. Which he did, and he took her to the lobby, to a waiting van with a member of the Mousekeeping Staff, who took her directly to the terminal for Southwest. She unloaded her bags and went inside the terminal to make sure she was okay. Then the Staff member came back and knocked on our door and let us know she had been delivered safely to the airport and was alright.

When we spoke with our friend later, she said that all along the way, she tried to tip everyone for their services, but they refused. She said, each CM she encountered along the way said it was their job to make sure that they help her through this very difficult time..... it makes me cry just to think about it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

When we went a few years ago a CM got everyone around us involved in singing happy birthday to my brother. His cheeks were bright red and it was really cute.

Also the same day he was wearing his birthday button and getting an itzkadoozie, or some ice cream treat, and the CM let him have it for free since it was his birthday.

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Several years ago, we were at MK with DH and our two younger sons. We didn't have any dinner reservations -- we mostly prefer to eat counter service to save money, but for some reason we were looking for something nicer. We went to Tony's, but they were full. A cast member in front of the restaurant offered to help us find something for that night -- he must have made 10 phone calls, and finally got us into Ohana. We had no idea what that was (I'm so much more the planner now than I was then!) or how much it cost, but we were game. We really appreciated that CM's hard work for us! But ha ha, somewhere in translation, Ohana put down the reservation for the NEXT night, not that night! So when we got there, we didn't really have a ressie -- but that CM got us in anyway. It really was a budget buster that we hadn't anticipated, but it sure was fun!

Erin
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
nothnbutherainsir
I wish we had a YETI smiley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Mine is very special. Three years ago, I took three of my friends from work with me. I usually go alone, but I was thrilled they all decided to go.

My best friend's mom had been ill with pancreatic cancer and had been at death's door twice in the past year. She took a turn for the worst the week before we left, but we decided to chance it and she came along.

We arrived on a Sunday, and unfortunately she got the call very early Monday morning that her mom had died. We took her airline confirmation to the concierge desk, in order to obtain some kind of emergency number to call Southwest Airlines, to get her home. To our surprise, the concierge desk called Southwest, explained the problem, had her flight changed and printed out her ticket. They called Guest Services, who took her back to the room, with my other friend, in a golf cart. He said he would be back in fifteen minutes to pick her up to get her to the airport. Which he did, and he took her to the lobby, to a waiting van with a member of the Mousekeeping Staff, who took her directly to the terminal for Southwest. She unloaded her bags and went inside the terminal to make sure she was okay. Then the Staff member came back and knocked on our door and let us know she had been delivered safely to the airport and was alright.

When we spoke with our friend later, she said that all along the way, she tried to tip everyone for their services, but they refused. She said, each CM she encountered along the way said it was their job to make sure that they help her through this very difficult time..... it makes me cry just to think about it.
That made me tear up a little!

Thanks for all the stories everyone! They're great

nothnbutherainsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

mine's only small but it meant a lot to me.....on our last trip in 05, we were in ak i think, and we got stopped by a cm to do a survey....sure we had no problem doing it. of course she asked our names then our phone number starting with our area code. as soon as we said 902- she stopped and threw her arms around us.....she and her hubby summer here in cape breton, nova scotia. she was great, so friendly and chatty. she hugged us several more times, finished the survey and said good bye to us.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Disneyafternoonfan
The terror that flaps in the night

I always liked cast member performes in the haunted mansion and Tower of terror (in the haunted manison they never smile keep in character and the one in Tower of terror have creepy smiles and performances and very conin as bellhops
Disneyafternoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
swald91
DIS Veteran

I remember a few years back we went just before Christmas...I was purchasing ornaments to bring home for family members. While shopping at the Poly I noticed they didn't have any ornaments themed around the resort - so I asked a CM why? & they siad they didn't know-continued to chat about the resort & how it's by far my favorite & I pointed to an ornament in a tree & said now something like this would be great! (It was glass w/ a hibicus painted on it)-They said...This??? They took it off the tree & gave it to me! I wanted ot pay something for it & refused-told me Merry Christmas!!! It was the best-unfortunately-it did end up cracking-but it is one of my nicest memories.

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
swald91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

The last time we were there, it was just me my son and my fiance. We were lucky to go get our family picture done with Mickey but throughout the rest of the trip, we mainly took turns getting our picture done with our son if a photopass guy/girl wasn't around.
On the day we went to AK, there was this really cool wooden bench with these weird "rocks" behind it. So I said ok Stan, you sit with Adam(our son) and then we'll switch.
Well 2 CM's were walking by and one said to the other "hold on a second" and asked us if she could take our picture for us! We were ecstatic that she was so nice and offered to do this! We thanked her so much and it happens to be one of my favorite pictures!
When we went back home, I had it turned into a mousepad. I love looking at it everyday! It makes me think of how special that trip was for us and how I can't wait to go back!!! Only 39 more days!!!!
tinkerlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
palmtreelover08
DIS Veteran

Might not seem like a big deal to you..but it was to me.

DD and I were alone at the MK and were eating at Cosmic Rays..which was totally packed. (Note..DD is 4 at the time and in a stroller). After getting our meals, balancing them on top of the stroller,with one hand and navigating thru the crowds towards the tables with one hand I was able to get a table. Not just any table, but one right in front where DD could watch Mr. Ray himself. Totally excited, I put DD in her chair, put out our food on the table, and realize I forgot the napkins and straws WAY up top by where you order the food. I didn't want to leave the food on the table, pack DD up in the stroller and walk back up there, and hope that no one snagged our table..and leaving DD by herself was completely out of the question. Well, a CM must have seen my perplexed looked and asked if I was ok. I told her that I forgot my napkins and straws..and ya know what.. she went and got them and delivered them to my table. I didn't ask her to, she just went and did it. So nice!!! I thanked her many times and she just smiled and said no problem. I made sure to take a note of her name.. Such a small gesture really made my trip..

I went to Town Hall after my day at the park and wrote her a thank you note, and asked the CM there to please make sure that she gets it, along with a copy to her supervisor. The CM was very excited to get an actual "thank you note" as opposed to a complaint letter. I think I made his day!

It's the little things in life !
palmtreelover08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Well, it was kind of funny when we were checking into the BCV's, and we were waiting for our villa to be ready. I went to check, and 2 CM's jumped out at me "Welcome Home! Have a Magical Day!" and I screamed! Good thing my bladder wasn't full! They apologized, but I just laughed - I'm sure I was tense from all the travel.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
JoshChristineplus3
Mouseketeer

Back in 05 Dh and I went on a long vacation to Disney world to have some adult time after an 18 month deployment thanks to the Army. He was wearing his unit tshirt in the lobby of the POFQ and one of the CMs noticed and started talking to him because he had been in the Army and had served in that same unit during his time in. He asked what he could do for us and we were trying to figure out how to get to the mini golf so he took us in a Disney van over there! We came back to our room later that day after telling everyone how nice this CM was and on our bed in our room was a signed picture of Minnie and Mickey with our names on it in a photo frame! We didn't even remember telling the CM our last name so he must have done some digging to find out our room! It made a very special trip for me and my husband even more special to know someone would go out of their way like that!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
NJAmanda
Mouseketeer

In March of 2008 we took my DD then 3 and DS then 9 months to Disney for two days after my husband had finished 4 months of training for his job. He had been in Georgia for the entire four months and to celebrate we went to Disney for two days. We had no expiration tickets from years ago that we planned to use for the days. Long story short, there was a problem with the tickets so on the second day we went up to the window at MK and asked to purchase three one day tickets. The CM in the window was asked how long we were going to be at Disney, then she played with my kids for a few minutes...saying hi, and just being cute with them. Then she told us that our dreams had come true for the day and she was granting us admission for the day at MK!!! She said to enjoy our magical day and had us fill a form for the free admission. We were SO grateful that we were just in shock. It was such a magical day and we will remember it as our special first trip always! We made sure to write a nice letter about her later that day!

Next trip April 20, 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
NJAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:21 AM   #15
pampam
DIS Veteran

Last trip, DD was wearing her Cinderella Ball gown and a CM asked her for her autograph. It made another Kodak moment.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: