Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
triciadanna
My husband is AWESOME!!!

Oh my gosh husband surprised me with a Disney trip this September...

Any "no time to plan" tips???

Yep hubster booked a trip as a surprise! He wanted to be there for our daughters 6th birthday at the end of August but what he wanted was booked so he decided to plan a trip between her 6th and his 40th We went last year in October and I had FIVE years to plan that trip. I need some pointers to get ready quickly!!

We are not telling the kids about the trip at all, actually going to tell them that we have to visit family in Florida (fortunately my husband does have cousins in Orlando) and then we are going to surprise them.
triciadanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

If you spent 5 years planning your last trip you should know all there is to know about WDW.

All I can suggest is go online and get ADR's if you are planning sit down meals - you are going during free dining so things will be booked and walk up will be harder (but not impossible).

Have a great trip - Since your husband planned this cool trip I would try to surprise him with some thing cool while at WDW for his 40th. Maybe book a cool firework cruise or something.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
triciadanna
My husband is AWESOME!!!

Thanks. I went crazy planning and having autograph books and shirts and pillow cases and decorations for windows and on and on for the trip last October. I think it's actually nice knowing I don't have that much time and I don't HAVE to do all of that to know it's going to be a good trip. The bad thing is all the files I had saved on my computer from these boards...tips/list ect were lost when my computer crashed and I had not backed up my harddrive.

Guess I was not really looking for tips but to share my excitement
Thanks for the idea about the fireworks cruise... I may have to check into that.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
Dismom+two
Dh and I always refer to it as "The Almighty Boards"
Wanted: Warm fuzzy feelings
I am still walking...haven't dropped yet
Almost left the bookstore without her lapdance

triciadanna, Do you listen to the podcast?? It's a wonderful thing!!
Dismom+two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
candielips
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! What a sweet and wonderful thing for your DH to do.
My only advice is to book your ADRs asap!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
triciadanna
My husband is AWESOME!!!

I don't think I know how to get to the podcast?

Oh and I got ADR's this morning without any real problems. We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted which I found really really amazing considering what I think is "last minute" as far as ADR's are concerned.

We are doing the 5 nights 6 days with the free dining and I got ADR's for Crystal Palace, Boma, Akersus, and Hoop De Doo dinner show.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
The Hendies
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have matters well in hand! The advantage this time really IS the lack of planning time!! Your trip will be here before you know it! Grab a box and over the next 2 months, toss in stuff you think you'll need. Then sort through and eliminate/keep as you feel the need. You'll have a great time!

Next trip .... 10/9/14 for my birthday!

DH Me

The Hendies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Good thing to do is hit the dollar store. Pick up your glow sticks and other fun disney stuff they sell. Also if you have a disney store around you they are having a great summer clothes sale (online to I assume). Get a few cute new things for your child.

Have a great trip
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Loves The Mouse
Earning My Ears

I'm so happy for you. I do know how you feel. My husband did the same thing for my daughter and I. We are leaving in 15 days! We were just there for newyears for ten nights! Enjoy the excitment and do a happy dance!!! One thing that I find that helps in preparing is to make lists. The lists helps cut down the stress alot. It sounds like your a Disney pro I'm sure you will be fine. Enjoy!!!!
Loves The Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Dismom+two
Dh and I always refer to it as "The Almighty Boards"
Wanted: Warm fuzzy feelings
I am still walking...haven't dropped yet
Almost left the bookstore without her lapdance

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciadanna View Post
I don't think I know how to get to the podcast?
There are two ways actually. When you go onto Disboards.com...scroll down to THE DIS UNPLUGGED PODCAST board. From there, if you look to the top....you will see where it says PODCAST MAIN PAGE..on there you will see where it says Discussion show and Email show...but very good. and you will also find Show notes with links.

The way I get it...is on Itunes. I listen to it on my ipod.
There is a button on the DIS UNPLUGGED PODCAST page that says Itunes.

I highly recommend listening to it...it can be very informative and it's extremely entertaining!!

Have fun on your trip!!!
Dismom+two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #11
JoShan1719
DIS Veteran

I'm going in September too! We can be excited together! I made my ADRs for Crystal Palce, 50s Prime Time Cafe', and Planet Hollywood. The only one I was able to get for the time I wanted was Crystal Palace, but I'll call again later to see if they've had any cancellations. Congrats on the surprise trip!
JoShan1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #12
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

OH youre going to have a blast ... its great fun to plan .. but its also fun to just wing it! Youre going to the "happiest place on earth" just throw your stuff in a suitcase and get ready to ROCK!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: